Basic list of Benediction spells. Input desired.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Divinegon2130

Basic list of Benediction spells. Input desired.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:04 pm

I have decided to tinker around with writing up a list of Benediction spells for other people's use. This is only a basic version so far - your input is desired in building this list. Some skills are ripped off directly from other people's character sheets because they seemed effective enough the way they were.

And I will admit that I developed some of these from their Malediction counterparts.

[Benediction=1, Any Element=1] Increase (8 MP) - Increases a weapon's damage by +rank for rank rounds. This cannot exceed +10 damage or 5 rounds. If an element is used, it costs 10 MP, and the damage increase is an elemental damage.

[Benediction=2] Boost (6 MP) - Increases an ally's AT/PA by +(rank/2), for rank rounds.

[Benediction=2] Empower (25 MP) - Increases a single target's MAtk by Rank/2 for Rank rounds.

[Benediction=3] Protect (30 MP) - Reduces Physical Damage by Rank+1d6 Points for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=3] Aura Shell (36 MP) - Reduces Magical Damage by Rank+1d6 Points for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=4, White Magic=4] Regen (24 MP) - Target regains (Heal rank)+2d4 HP per round, for (Ben rank) rounds.

[Benediction=4] Wall (30 MP) - Adds Rank+1d4 to MBlock for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=6, Healing Magic=6] Venom Blocker (27 MP) - Creates a radiance around a target that partially negates poison. For rank rounds, any poison damage dealt upon the target is halved.

[Benediction=6, Astral Magic=6] Aura Net (29 MP) - Creates a radiance around a target that partially negates astral drain. For rank rounds, any MP damage as a result of astral drain upon the target (as in the astral drain condition) is halved.

[Benediction=8, Any Element=6] Elemental Barrier (35 MP) - Adds Rank+2+1d4 to MBlock for 4 rounds. Double this amount is added to the resist total if the element used in the barrier matches the element used in the attack, but don't count the barrier if the attacking element is of the type that would be most effective against the barrier element (fire<>water/ice; thunder/air<>earth; holy<>dark).

[Benediction=8] Bless (29 MP) - Increases all the target's rolls by 3 for 1d4 rounds.

[Benediction=9] Reflect (32 MP) - This reflects any spell cast on the target back at the caster, including healing and beneficial spells. Spells the target uses on itself are reflects at a random target. A critical casting will break through the Reflect and have normal effects. The effect lasts for 3 rounds.

[Benediction=10, Mental Magic=8] Bravery (27 MP) - Raises the target's Courage by 2 points for 1d4 rounds.

[Benediction=11] Muscle (31 MP) - Raises the target's Strength by 2 for 1d6 rounds.

[Benediciton=12] Bolster (35 MP) - Raises the target's Stamina by 2 for 1d6 rounds. For each point of Stamina increase, the target gains 5 HP.

[Benediction=13, Enchanting Magic=8] Beauty (38 MP) - Raises the target's Charisma by 2 for 1d6 rounds.

[Benediction=14] Perceive (43 MP) - Raises a target's Intuition by 2 for 1d6 rounds.

[Benediction=15] Clarity (40 MP) - Raises a target's Wisdom by 2 for 1d6 rounds.

[Benediction=18] Guidance (57 MP) - Increases all the target's rolls by 6 for 1d4 rounds.

[Benediction=22] Warrior Heart (87 MP) - Increases a target's Strength, Stamina, and Courage each by 2 for 1d4 rounds.

[Benediction=24] Mage Heart (89 MP) - Increases a target's Courage, Wisdom, and Intuition each by 2 for 1d4 rounds.

[Benediction=28] Favor (92 MP) - Increases all the target's rolls by 10 for 1d4 rounds.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=divinegon2130>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/14/03 2:31 am

Koneko

Re: Formal list of Benediction spells????

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:13 pm

At present there exist (ganked from Kerov's, Hakaril's, Pervy's and Tellurian's sheets):

[Benediction=1, Any Element=1]Increase (8 MP) - Increases a weapon's damage by +rank for (rank) rounds. This cannot exceed +10 damage or 5 rounds. If an element is used, it costs 10 MP, and the damage increase is an elemental damage.

[Benediction=2, Holy Magic=2] Aura (10 MP) - Increases all allies's AT/PA by +3, for (Ben. rank) turns.

[Benediction=2] Empower (25 MP) - Increases a single target's MAtk by Rank/2 for Rank rounds.

[Benediction=3] Protect (30 MP) - Reduces Physical Damage by Rank+1d6 Points for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=3] Shell (36 MP) - Reduces Magical Damage by Rank+1d6 Points for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=3, White Magic=4] Regen - (24 MP) Target regains (Heal rank)+2d4 HP per round, for (Ben rank) rounds.

[Benediction=4, White Magic=4] Wall (30 MP) - Adds Rank+1d4 to Resist Magic for 4 rounds.

[Benediction=9] Reflect (32 MP) - This reflects any spell cast on the target back at the caster, including healing and beneficial spells. Spells the target uses on itself are reflects at a random target. A critical casting will break through the Reflect and have normal effects.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 12/2/03 10:33 pm

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:08 pm

[Ben=5] Cheer (12 MP) - Increase all allies AT by 2 for 1d4 turns.

[Holy=2, Ben=4]White Shield (20 MP, 4 TP) - Increases the groups Physical and Magical defense by (Holy rank). <p>--------------------
"Spock, the women on your planet are logical. It's the only planet that can make that claim." -Captain Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius"

"Oh boy! Sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" - Ralph Wiggum

"I will try your burned, replicated birdmeat." -Commander Kurn</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/14/03 9:26 pm

CronoLuminaire

Unread postby CronoLuminaire » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:36 am

I have a question. Some of the answer might be obvious but I'll ask anyway, just in case anyone else is wondering.

White Magic, Healing Magic, Holy Magic.

What is the difference between them? Are they different names for the same thing? If so, wouldn't it help to be consistent ( on a per sheet basis at least, ) in the name used?

<p>
I should post more...<div style="text-align:center"><span style="font-size:xx-small;">Kyle: *sips Cocoa*
James: ::Sips Cocoa::
Eve: ::Sips Cocoa::
Cocoa; Gecko-Fencers, Reploid-bishes and Epee wielding children agree, It's the best drink on Gaera!
</span>ULTIMATE ESOTERIC ELEMENTAL
(You won't know what hit you)</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:52 pm

They're all the same thing, and no, it wouldn't, as that would eliminate some of the personalization on the things. The individual characters may refer to it as different things, you know. It wouldn't do to have it all be called "Holy magic" and then have Pervy go around and be all, "HELLO I AM A WHITE MAGE." <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

I don't know what the hell this thing is, but the chicks dig it.

</td></table></center></p>

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:37 pm

Holy magic is offensive bursts of positive energy (Beam and the like), healing magic is using the same positive energy to get an effect that is supposed to help the target (Cure), and white magic is typically used to refer to both of them.

Thus, a white mage would have holy and healing magic, and your average chum (Rai'm, for example) could have one or the other and not really be considered a white mage at all.

However, for PS purposes, White Magic = Healing Magic.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 12/23/03 10:42 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:03 am

Of course, healing magic is generally considered to be holy elemental unless otherwise specified. White magic tends to be a blanket term that covers the two, along with any other little spells which might not fit in the healing or offensive categories (such as many of those on Div's list).

As for consistency, why on earth would you expect that? <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Return to Character Closet