Want comments/suggestions on character.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
sorgoth

Want comments/suggestions on character.

Unread postby sorgoth » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:37 pm

Voorg:

Name: Voorg Trius
RPer: Sorgoth
Race: human
Height: 8'10
Eye color: one blue eye and one brown eye
Hair color: brown

Voorg was born to poor Doman peasants. From his childhood, it was apparent that he was a little slow and was going to be gigantic. He learned to wield a claymore while working as a bodyguard for Sir Geoffrey, but was fired when Geoffrey discovered that his magic was severely hampered whenever Voorg was around. Once, curious as to the nature of his Lord's magicks, he ventured into the basement and witnessed a troop of undead, who began to fall apart the minute he entered the room. He fled and never returned, for he feared the undead and all that was associated with them. He used his curious affinity for bears to survive in the wild for a time, until he felt ready to face the world again. He now journeys in search of companionship, and perhaps a bit of treasure to hold him over.

Other notes:
Voorg has a constant, natural anti-magic aura that I'm planning to have him able to suppress eventually, but not now. He uses his great strength in battle (And his trusty claymore). He can communicate with bears. He is, however, stupid. He is terminally poor, due to his inability to hold a job and lack of common sense.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sorgoth>sorgoth</A]&nbsp; Image at: 12/9/03 5:04 pm

FlamingDeth

Re: Want comments/suggestions on character.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:42 pm

Not bad, not bad.

However, you probably mean something other than broadsword, as broadswords are short naval cutlasses. Probably bastard sword or claymore or somesuch. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td>

I don't know what the hell this thing is, but the chicks dig it.

</td></table></center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:43 pm

I don't see how someone who is terminally Anti-magic can have any sort of supernatural influence over animals. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:51 am

Not every supernatural ability is accomplished by magic you know. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:17 pm

All are accomplished by astral manipuation of some sort. Anti-magic stops said manipulation. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:45 pm

Yeah, I read it as anti-magic aura, not anti-astral aura. Do you read anti-astral some place I'm not? <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div></p>

sorgoth

Unread postby sorgoth » Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:05 pm

I edited it a bit to make his beat thingys less magical.He can speak with bears...nothing magical about that. Now, to find an RP that has space.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Linoleum tastes like sorrow.

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:47 pm

Well, I guess that if he's spent loads of time around bears, he could understand their noises to the point of "The bear is happy" and "The bear is hungry!" but I'm fairly sure it would require some magic to have conversations and the like.

As for the Anti-magic field, I reckon it would be very very faint, but times of stress/focus could cause it to be noticeable? Or something, I dunno.

Jak Snide

Re: Linoleum tastes like sorrow.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:02 pm

Are local disco dancer has a nice idea. If you're going to step into Phil Sys, I'd say a small penalty to all within an area trying to use magic, friend and foe alike. Anything more powerful should come as a tech with an duration. As for destroying magical constructs, I'd suggest you impose a limit on what/how much it can off based on his level.

Return to Character Closet