First attempt at a character...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Hawknfox

First attempt at a character...

Unread postby Hawknfox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:29 pm

Yeah, I expect this to be shot down. I realize there are probably gaping plot holes, and I prolly messed up with stat points and the such. I intend to fix these later. I also left all the techs open, cause I'm not exactly sure what they should do. I'm just posting this for now so that it will be looked at... I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Name: Sydney Cartwright
Eyes: gray
Hair: light brown
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 184 lbs.

<div style="text-align:center">Background</div>

Sydney Cartwright is the product of many generations of hired thugs. Since the beginning of the ongoing war in their homeland of Valth, Sydney's family have served as assasins for both sides. By the time Sydney and his older brother, Aaron, got a hand at the family buisness, the methods had been immensively refined. The two brothers worked together, and no military or political leader was safe.

But, as all good things come to an end, so did the brother's friendship. When their father passed away, he had not left either of them the family heirloom, a finely crafted pistol. Both brothers thought they deserved the weapon, but could not decide it's owner without resulting to violence. In a vicous duel, Sydney slew his own brother over his father's gun.

It was only then that Sydney relized the idiocy of his actions. He had just killed his only kin (with the exception of his mother, who disowned him after the incident), over a pretty peice of metal. He left the next day, both out of shame and out of fear of his brother's friends seeking vengeance. Taking the gun, Sydney made for Riva, never to see his homeland again...

That was three years ago. Sydney has since repented for that which he has done, and accepts his fate. He still feels sorrow for his brother, but far from allows it to control his life. Rather, he continues to live his life in spite of the blood on his hands, those around him do not realize his inner turmoil. Working as a hired gun, he retains no permanent residence, staying around the Riva-Doma border.

---Basics--
Name: Sydney Cartwright
RPer: Hawknfox
Race: Human
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 60
Max TP: 20
Initiative: 7 + 2d6 (9-19)

--Attributes--
Courage: +3
Wisdom: 0
Intuition: +4
Charisma: +1
Agility: +4
Dexterity: +6
Strength: +2
Stamina: +1
Magic Aptitude: 0

Base AT/PA - 13/13
Modified w/ Martial Arts - 15/15
w/ Firearm - 12 + 1d20

Body - Winter Coat (AC=6) Arms: Leather Bracers (AC=10)

Weapon Damage -
Sydney's Revolver ( ACC=8, Dam=5+4d8 (9-37), 6 rnd)
Martial Arts ( Punch = 12 + 1d6 (13-18), Kick/Heavy Blow = 18 + 2d6 (20-30) )

--Skills--
Martial Arts - 4 <Cou/Agi/Str>
Weapons (Firearms) - 4 <Cou/Dex/Dex>
Stealth - 4 <Dex/Agi/Int>
[k] Survival - 4
[s] Acrobatics - 4 [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=hawknfox>Hawknfox</A:] at: 11/22/03 12:55 am
[/i]

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: First attempt at a character...

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:08 am

A couple of points to note:

Firstly, characters with magic aptitude of 0 have 0 MP. Not much point in it if you can't use it, after all.

Secondly, guns don't work off AT/PA. Accuracy is the base in this case, modified by skill.

Otherwise, the sheet looks pretty good, no glaring numerical errors or anything. Background looks fairly good as well. I don't really have time to comment on the techs at the moment, so I'll leave them alone for now. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Hawknfox

Unread postby Hawknfox » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:55 pm

I appreciate the feedback, and fixed the mistakes that have been noted. Thanks.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:08 am

Tracking and Lockpicking should be support ( [s] ) skills, unless you wish to have techs associated with them in the future.

Otherwise, the only problem I see is that "Hide" need not be a tech. Concerning damages for some of the other techs, I'll either get back to you, or someone else will step in and give you a hand.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:47 pm

For starters: Really like the background. Suitably vauge that he can bend and flex, but still enough to set out a basic personality.

For the techs:

You 'Sneak Attack' would either give a major bonus to hit (I'd say something like +5) or do an extra 4+2d8 damage (5-20).

The penalty associated with 'Frenzy' is a tad high. Rhet, you'll see, has a much lower penalty with a similar technique. I'd say you could put it at -2, or even a -1, and be OK. Also, no cost should be assocaited with the first blow, and each additional should cost 3 TP, IMO.

Finally, his 'Daring Entrance' and other tech (the Martial Arts one, who's name I am not remembering) are fine, except since they'll slow him down, he should be at a penalty of -3 when rolling his Innit after using them. Since he's a naturally fast character, I don't see this slowing him down much. If you got any other questions, feel free to hit me on AIM. My SN is in my EZProfile. <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Hawknfox

Unread postby Hawknfox » Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:35 pm

Once again, I appreciate all the help. You guys are awesome. <p>

Cookie dough pizza wouldn't work. My friend is retarded.</p>

Return to Character Closet