First Philsys char, help.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
WhiteWerefox

First Philsys char, help.

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:06 am

Ok, not the first one I've made, but the first one I've submitted. As the name suggests, this is about what I based my personal avatar on. The biography is a bit short, I tried to keep it trimmed down as I need the most help with numbers and stats. I'll probably fill it out more, but the essentials are there.

Quoting Archmage's char. creation guide in regards to spells/abbilities: "Don't worry about costs or damages. It's up to the GM and RP Stat Guy." If this is the case, I'm glad: I don't know what's what in that regard. I'm not sure if I have too many or too few, either.

Under the skills, I put the ammount of points spent on the skill in brackets if they were purchaced at anything but a 1:1 cost/point ratio, just to help those checking the math.

And on with the sheet:

Name: Fox LeBlanc
RPer: WhiteWerefox/WerefoxLeBlanc
Race: Kitsunejin
Eyes: Light Grayish Blue
Fur: White
Height: 6'5"
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000

Background:

Fox was raised, without parents in his memory, among and in mercenary companies and military groups since he was a child. He's been a page, a servant, a a guard, a soldier, a pikeman, once a cavalryman, a clerk, occasionaly an officer, a prisoner and a slave, a drill instructer and an all around tough guy with a weapon. Said companies and groups gave him is rather uninsipred name.

Though he doesnt' remember it, Fox began his life as mercenary as plunder: when a child, he was acquired by a company thought to be a rare magical creature (Which, in a way, he was) and kept as an exotic pet of the commander. As time went by, the company was eventually defeated (as any combat group is at some point or other) and transfered ownership. Except in by now, as a child, he was taken for a servant or page, and kept as such. He ended up going from comany to company, as his long lifespan streched out his childhood longer than most comanies survived. After some time he was old enough to fight, and trained as such. He saw mercenary, milita and military groups take him in and either fall in battle or disbandon, and he would invariably end up recruited elsewhere as he was comfortable with soldiery, and skilled at it. He progressed from page to the shield wall to pikes to cavalry, spent some time as an archer, took an occasion stint as an officer, clerk, or drill sargent, and even handled seige weaponry for a time. He never ended up knighted, as he rarely did anything heroic or spectacrular

After many years spent on the lines of battle and behind them, Fox realized that his way of life had lost a deeper meaning to him. No longer was there a thrill to the call of battle, no magic in the resounding ring of sword on hemet, nor any majesty remained in the sight of lofty cavilry flying banners and pennants. Only plain food, muddy battle fields, fallen comrads. None of the battles he fought had any more noble a purpose than for money. He was good with a sword, but no blademaster. He could lead men, but was no warlord. He understood the ebb and flow of battle, but was no brilliant tatician. He left the military life, despondent and forlorn.

Fox has, for the most part, taken to wandering cross country. Newly awakend is his appreciation for plesant woods, small brooks, quiet ponds and tranquil vales. Hunting, fishing, camping and hiking have replaced a good deal of the time once spent marching and drilling.

Someday, he may find the things that will heal him: Friendship, knowledge of what it is to be a kitsunejin, worthy causes, love, and maybe even his parents.

Further Charactor Information:

Recently emerging in Fox is his affinity to nature, giving rise to his Wild Magic. This magic operates in a simialar function to druidic magic, save for two differences: He takes to no oaths to gain his power, but cannot command nature to act against it's nature. He cannot make vines rise up and attack, he cannot make boulders fly thorugh the air, he cannot make wolves dance. He could, however, do such things as make water run pure, talk with animals in their tounge, encite fires to burn higher, or cause rains to fall... should he ever gain the power to do so. This power has been latent within him: now, as he walks through woods rather than marching through them with a company, it has just begun to emerge.

Fox has always taken a liking to physical activity, and this manifested in his weapons training and practice. Now, out of military life, he'll still spar in public salles but is content with the challenges of wilderness survival. He is naturaly disposed against sitting for long periods, reading books, polite conversation, and other such sessile activities.

Fox has grown up bereft of emotions, and doesn't understand this to be the cause of his ephemeral sense of dispair. He is also lonely, as he stopped making close friends when the tolls of battle took away those he had. In spite of this he is not angsty or introverted, and is in fact an outwardly friendly and amiable fellow. Though he isn't prone to deep friendship, he makes casual friends quickly.

Fox's Military Etiquette extends further than matters of rank and protocol. The responsibility of veterans to take in fledgeling recruits, fair treatment of prisoners, respect for clerks, chefs and pages that work hard even though they do not fight in battle, respect for weapons and equipment that keep a soldier alive, and a grasp of the Esprit de Corps that truly makes a fighting unit.

Fox often wishes to know more of his kind. As Kitsunejin are a sparse race, he's had little contact with his own kind. What others of his kind are like remains a mystery to him, one that makes him wonder in idle hours what he is.

Quirks:
Doesn't wear pants.
Pants like a dog when hot.
Wishes he had a pony tail.
Gets patches of fur dyed in interiesting patterns, like tatoos. Currently has red one going down his right shoulder/bicep.

Stats:

Courage 3
Wisdom 1
Intuition 3
Charisma 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Strength 3
Stamina 2
Magic Aptitude 2

Skills:
28 pts
3 Tracking/Hunting
2 (1) [k] Etiquette [Military]
2 (1) [k] Heraldry
2 (1) [s] Battlefield Tatics
2 (1) [s] Teaching
2 (1) [s] Accute Hearing
1 (.5) [s] Fishing
1 (.5) [s] Atheletics
2 (1) [s] Acrobatics
1 Cooking
2 Horseback Riding
3 Crossbow
4 Sword
3 Polearm
2 Seige weapons
2 Wild Magic
1 Animal Affinity

HP:70
MP:40
TP: 20
Initiative: 6+2d6
Base AT/PA: 12
Sword: 15/13
Polearm: 14/13
Crossbow: 14/13

Spells/abbilities

[Sword] Sidestep Surprise: Fox quickly sidesteps, slips forward around his opponent, and plants an attack squarely on the back.

[Sword] Pommel Smash: A punching attack using the bell guard, saber guard or pommel of the sword.

[Sword] Sweeping Draw: Fox lands a cut, and sweeps around the target for a large draw.

[Polearm] Furic Swing: A mighty, 360 swing of the polearm for hitting multiple targets.

[Polearm] Furic Smash: A mighty, 360 swing of the polearm for hitting a single target with extra power.

[Polearm] Dead Drop: If Fox has the oppourtunity to drop from a height onto a foe, he can preform this silent and carefully aimed strike with all his weight behind it.

[Wild Magic] Nature walk: Allows Fox to walk in the forrest and converse with animals, plants and spirits of nature. However, he must be naked at the time.

[Wild Magic] Natrual voice: Talk with animals. Does not raise animals intelligence.

[Wild Magic] Shadow Track: When tracking a target, magic blends Fox into whatever natural cover is available, reduces his sent, and muffles his sound for increased stealth.

Equipment:

Halberd (2H)
Longsword
Treated Leather Armor
Leather Bracers
Small Shield
Hand Crossbow
Bolts

(*Prays he didn't forget anything after double checking the numbers.*)
(EDIT: Filled in some more story and threw in some quirks.) <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=whitewerefox>WhiteWerefox</A] at: 11/15/03 1:57 am

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Re: First Philsys char, help.

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:13 pm

Looks nice, however you seem to be missing one skill point.

Don't quote me on that. I can't count right now. I'll think about the techs later on, when I'm more coherent. <p>
*lurks*

Warning: The previous was a work of Chaos. Anything said above was written by a certified nut. Caution is advised

MY head, Dia!!! eVe</p>

Divinegon2130

Re: First Philsys char, help.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:35 pm

Missing point confirmed.

Now, for techs, here's what I've thought of some of them.

For Natural Voice, my best guess is that its cost would be similar to that of telepathy, I.E. no cost outside of combat and 2 MP per use within combat.

Pommel Smash? One possible thought on this is that it's treated like a thrust attack (with whatever weapon) dealing -4 damage (the damage in this case being subdual, I.E. cannot kill), but the target suffers a -2/-2 AT/PA penalty and cannot use magic (due to disorientation) for d2 rounds. The cost under these stats would be 2 TP.

Furic Smash... I'd say the cost is something like 4 TP, and it would probably deal 2x slashing damage with perhaps an additional -2 penalty to hit.

Other ones I don't really feel I can comment anywhere near confidently on. And I'm aware these probably aren't perfect. So I'm going to cut my commenting here. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

WhiteWerefox

Thanks!

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:01 am

Nakibe: Ooh... extra skill point... *Adds two points of acrobatics.*

Devinegon: That's about what I was hoping for on the pommel smash attack. The other two abbilities sound right too.

Thank you for posting! <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>

WhiteWerefox

Thanks?

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:08 pm

Allright... I've got this sheet. Aside from getting the abbilities point costs/effects straightend out, what do with it now so I can start joining RP's? <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

When creating demons, the GM should not be bound by believablility or common sense.</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:29 pm

This is the part where you start looking for PS RPs to join into, and throw your sheet at the GM for stated PS RPs for approval.

WhiteWerefox

...?

Unread postby WhiteWerefox » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:36 pm

Works for me. <p>From the GURPS Magic sourcebook:

Return to Character Closet