New character for discussion - Name: Phen

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Talon Starblade

New character for discussion - Name: Phen

Unread postby Talon Starblade » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:16 pm

Ok, my first true character for general submission, so, let me know what you guys think of him. Right now, he's just a freestyle character, but just in case, I'll be adding the Phillsys rules, and possibly a set from BESM.

All comments are welcome, so let'm fly.

Name: Phen
Race: Hybrid - Human, and several breeds of demons, each with some psychic potential.
Appearence: 5' 5" tall, lean of build, but still growing. His arms and legs appear to be longer than they should be for his frams size. His eyes are bright yellow-gold and slitted. His ears look a little like old, tattered dragon's wings. His body is covered in a velvet fine fur, that makes him look a little tanned, and he sports a slight tiger striping down the back. His hair is an unrulely mop of almost chestnut that reaches down to the mid-back. His legs area bit digigraded, which makes having a tail a little more useful. He also possesses claw-like nails on the hands and feet, and slightly elongated canines.
Personality: He's still pretty scarred by his past, so his personality is subject to change... Generally quiet and a little standoffish, unless he feels strongly about something. He can be quick to anger, or just as easily skittish as a kitten. It's all signs of his traumatized youth. The one thing that will put him in the mood to break bones, is slavery, and especially the abuse of such slaves... unfortunately, from his point of view this can also apply to pets and beasts of burden.
History: Phen was not born the product of love, as most other people were, he was bred like some pure bred animal. The merchant house of Naire' Talveen, has long been known for their prized breeding programs within their stables, and several decades ago, Atrion, then the patriarch of the house saw an interesting trend... Slaves with psychic abilities. And so began the family's most audacious breeding program yet. Several generations later, Phen was born.

Like his parents and even grand-parents, Phen is a hodge-podge of several Demon sub-species, mixed with human bloodlines. The idea was to breed a species more easily controlable, while at the same time, breeding stonger psychic traits. Phen was one of many born to the current generation, with many more coming. Atrion's youngest son Gideon, had been the patriarch for years before Phen's birth. Since they had fast-tracked the breeding, several generations had passed in a surprisingly short amount of time. Still, his mother had been the only one to really see him as something more than a tool or toy.

He was born a slave and so he was raised. Even while his mother was still caring for him, she was forced to carry another child, but the woman was a natural and loving mother. Her own talents, while reaching far shy of what her owners had wanted, were more than enough to forge a bond with her first born son. She had only wished there had truly been more she could have given him, than just her love. Still, even that little bit, seemed to be enough.

When Phen (it's what his mother called him) was 6, Gideon's only daughter (the spoiled brat that she was) decided that she wanted a plaything, and as luck would have it, she thought Phen was an adorable little plaything. For the next 6 years he lived with and was the "pet" of his young and overly decedent mistress. While in many ways he was treated better than many of the other servent slaves, he learned the hard way that his mistress could be as cold as an iceberg, and as viscious as a wolverine.

It didn't take long at all for them to start trying to force Phen's powers to the surface, and when they did, they pushed him even harder to control them. He showed himself to be not much more powerful than his mother, and just a Telepath... Or so they thought. Alexia, his mistress, had him using his powers to tease and torture the rest of her servents, and was ruthless in getting him to learn to invert the "Pain" power, if only to prove it was possible. When he actually succeded, he became her new hit at the parties. Between all his training, and the magic collar that kept him in line, they were sure they had all the control they needed. They were wrong.

His link with his mother had never faded, so he'd known that they'd forced her to bare several more children, but of them, only his 5 year old half sister had survived. Things had already been bad enough, but one night during a party, one of Gideon's guests purchased his little sister. Having lost so many already, his mother driven mad. Maybe it was her inner demon, or perhaps it was just a mother's instinct, but she fought to keep her child. Even after they'd subdued her, and the guests had left, she was still frenzying like a monster. After she'd killed her third guard, in spite of their controls, Gideon ordered her put down.

Phen at the time, had been answering his mistress' orders, and was entertaining her guests, when his mother's most violent outburst hit. When they delivered the deathblow, it exploded through him like a bomb. As if his own rage and instincts weren't enough, everything inside his mother at that final moment, dropped a gallon of Nitroglisterin to the mix. The trauma fully activated Phen's true power, and THEN some... Much to the shagrin of his Mistress and her guests. His exploding power, literally blew his collar off, and left those people in an ecstatic coma till the next day. But Phen's rage hadn't been quenched.

Phen literally blew through the building and anyone that dared to get between him and Gideon. It was a blood-bath. Hours later, he was several miles away, a broken two-handed sword in his hand. He was covered in blood and gore, and so was the sword. He didn't remember much, just the pain in his heart, and the memory of the man he hated beyond the ability to convey, being ripped apart before his eyes.

For the first time in his life, he was alone and FREE. But all he had was himself, and the thought that somewhere out there, the only living relative he knew of... His little sister. He had no idea who the buyer had been, or where they'd taken her, so he made his way to some place he could stay free. Time and distance were now his allies, and after arriving at a nearby village, he discovered the land that should have proved his salvation, Doma. So far, it hasn't been quite that.

It's been almost a year since that night, and while he's been more or less free, he's been one the run. His talents, and especially control, have grown over that time, but to nowhere near the levels he'd unleashed at that house. Perhaps he'd glimpsed a piece of his future... He didn't know. He just need to seperate himself from his past. Unfortunately, the past will not let itself be so easily forgotten, or left behind.

It turns out that not only was Alexia a spoiled brat, she was a loving one. Since her recovery and discovery of her father's disposition, she's been using the House's extensive resources to recover what she feels rightly belongs to her, and if she has to use her father's death to make that recovery possible, then so be it. While several bounty hunters have been hard at work, she's been working to keep hold of the house, as Matriarch. Her Cousins are NOT making that easy for her.

Philsys add-on (to open playing)
Level: 1
XP: 0

STATS: 21
Courage +3
Wisdom +1
Intuition +3
Charisma +1
Agility +4
Dexterity 0
Strength +1
Stamina +3
Magical Aptitude 5

Skills: 28
Psicraft <int/wis/wis> [2] - 7
Telepathy <int/wis/mag> [4] - 13
PsychoKenesis <int/wis/mag> [4] - 13
[s]Acrobatics home.comcast.net/~phaga/
MSNMessenger: Talon Starblade
YIM: talonstarblade2000
AIM: talonstarblade</p>Edited by: Talon Starblade&nbsp; Image at: 11/19/03 12:20 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: New character for discussion - Name: Phen

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:26 pm

Hm... sounds like an interesting character. Makes me want to bring back me old race of psi-demons. But I've got enough characters running rampant as it is. One question only, from me: Where was all this breeding conducted? I'm pretty sure slavery is illegal in Doma. <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:13 pm

Nice work.

The whole "pet on a leash" thing seems reminiscent of The Sword of Truth series, but it could just be me. <p>

When angry, count to ten; when very angry, swear.
-- Mark Twain</p>

Talon Starblade

Unread postby Talon Starblade » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:25 pm

Well, there ARE other sections of the world, beyond Doma, or so I hear. I just haven't read all world info yet... I'll edit it once I've found the appropriate spot... I may have to use an Island nation, or something. Believe me, I was asking about the Slavery thing, before I started writing him up.
<p>------------------
Before you is the portal... Are you prepared?

home.comcast.net/~phaga/
AIM: talonstarblade</p>

pd Rydia

yes, even I get around to reading what I should.

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:02 pm

Looks good.

I'm almost certain I heard tell of non-drow slavers somewhere on Igala, but I can't for the life of me remember who would have mentioned such a thing. However, it's not too hard to create an autonomous little village north of Hell's Peak, perhaps in the now dead Solasia or up in the Far North, to suit your needs. <p>
-=- "Spammers are people too." -- SuperRube
-=- "And then the pixies of doom ate her brain. It was very tragic." -- White Knight
-=- "If it smells like a discussion, walks like a discussion, and talks like a discussion.. it's a.. duck" -- Crawling Reshiki<p><center>Image</center></p>

Talon Starblade

Re: yes, even I get around to reading what I should.

Unread postby Talon Starblade » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:26 pm

*hits the ground, kissing Dia's feet for her wisdom*

I am unworthy of your greatness. *begins crying* Thank you. <p>------------------
Before you is the portal... Are you prepared?

home.comcast.net/~phaga/
AIM: talonstarblade</p>

Return to Character Closet