Character that needs some help, ojes

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Koneko

Character that needs some help, ojes

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:54 pm

<.< >.> Roit. Old charrie that I'm going to need some calls and help on here... or if all else fails, a "keep this guy freestyle" wouldn't hurt, either.

Backstory:

MMIA was once Tim Akura of the kingdom of Baron. Joining the military at a fairly young age and rising through the ranks as a Dark Knight, he eventually attained the rank of General. This, of course, is ancient history to some; he died during the War of the Crystals, over 400 years ago. Leading a group of refugees out of Baron, they were ambushed by a group of demons. Tim quickly turned out to be in the employ of said demons, as he turned on the refugee caravan, having had a deal to procure a particular powerful weapon and a number of sacrifices for this group. Fortunately, a group of celestials, having been hunting down this group of unjust demons for some time, ambushed the ambushers. Tim was killed in the conflict, and his dark armor taken by a family of Baronians and sold. It eventually found its way to a museum.

What these people didn't know is that due to an item that Tim had been given by his employers just prior to his death caused his soul to linger, mostly around the dark armor he once wore. Over the course of four centuries, he came to fully possess it, and made his way aimlessly, drawn for some reason eastward. Little does he know that what drew him to Doma was his old master...

--Basics--
Name: MMIA
RPer: Koneko
Race: Undead (Lich? Possessed Suit of Armor...?)
Level: 1
Exp: 0/1000
Max HP: 40
Max MP: 115
Max TP: 20
Initiative: 6+2d6 (8-18)

--Stats--
COU: +4
WIS: +5
INT: +6
AGI: +2
DEX: +1
CHA: (-1)
STR: +4
STA: (-3)
MAG: 6

--Skills--
Sword - 4 <Str/Cou/Agi>
[s] Ambidexterity - 4 <Dex>
[s] Two Weapon Fighting - 4 <Dex>
Shadow Magic - 4 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Mental Magic - 4 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Ritual Magic - 2 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Summoning - 4 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Necromancy - 2 <Mag/Wis/Int>
Alchemy - 3 <Dex/Int/Wis>
[s] Spell Resistance - 4 <Mag/Cou/Int>
[s] Leadership - 4 <Cou/Cha/Int>
[s] Advanced Parrying - 4 [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A:] at: 11/17/03 4:16 pm
[/i]

Uncle Pervy

Re: Character that needs some help, ojes

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:57 pm

So what you're saying is that he is immune to most normal attacks?

Can't say I care for that. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm

Maybe... But the suit has to be repaired otherwise his HP will stay down low?

So - say - you damage the suit worth of 32HP - then it'll stay at its new HP level of 8 until repaired by a competant blacksmith - which doesn't sound too bad to me. Espically as that means theres no healing mid mid quest at all.

My guess is a good strong Piercing attack does damage then? And magic damages as normal? (Except Holy and Shadow of course)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:44 pm

What I don't follow is how he would heal off of Shadow magic. If he's a suit of armor which takes damage as you've laid out, why would he regain HP? And he's extremely volnerable to normal magic, although his high Cou and Mag help make up for that. What I would suggest, instead, is that you make him a normal Philsys character with a high natural AC, much like Eli is.

Alternitively, you could base him off of Dark Gun's Ghost rules, and give him a skill and tech that lets him posses and manipulate his armor. Just a few suggestions. <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:06 pm

Cho: yes, you have it exactly. Piercing attacks would do decent damage, good crushing attacks would do quite a fair bit (for instance, Choark with his giant warhammer would beat him to a pulp), and slashing attacks would do quite little. And yes, the suit has to be repaired, else Max HP will stay down. Equipment breaking would also be extremely helpful.

And Lorr: I know not of these Dark Gun ghost rules you speak of. o.o And I wish to. Oh, and he absorbs shadow damage because he's, well, undead, but with the armor rules, shadow damage would only heal that which was incurred by other magical attacks.

*edit* And I thought about it a tad more, and realized that a very high AC character wouldn't work so well, because of certain attacks that do high damage but wouldn't do anything to him, and also skills and techs like Chink Detection. >.> Against Eli, Chink Detection would work wonders, as it ignores AC if successful. But against MMIA, it'd be totally ineffective, because he has no body to hit inside the gaps of his armor.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 11/18/03 9:08 pm

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:47 pm

Well I do Like the idea of a walking armour with a soul - even a dark one - its a fun idea and makes an intresting character. As for things having problems hitting him - well isn't that the point of RPing? If an RPer (or even GM) is trying to damage the character then its a matter of thinking how to do it.

So pyhiscal blows don't work to well?

Well the things probably too heavy and bulky to easily climb out of, say, a 10 foot hole trap. Or the armour can easily be damaged by falling debris - or rock traps. Heck a fast moving creature could run circles around him and trip him up something rotten.

Personally I don't mind him being immune to lots of types of physical blows - it just means people have to think of an inventive way of damaging/destroying him. I suppose there is the Fairness thing to consider though as a level 1 character - but the Max HP in constant trouble helps even it out somewhat. Oh well - If I can think of any idea's I'll let ya know but if nothing else I do like the character.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:26 pm

I like the character idea (reminds me of Grey from Valk. Profile) and I think Cho is correct: Give him some sort of permanent Dex and/or Cha penalty, and it might even out some. As for the whole healing off magic/taking damage thing... it's beyond me, although I would think it needs some work... <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:32 pm

Not all undead absorb shadow magic. Some simply take less damage, or shrug it off with no effect at all. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:34 pm

Or they may take full damn damage. Damn twinks >:

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:34 pm

Roit. He now takes full damn damage, damn twinks. >:

Also, techs! :D

[Shadow Magic=1] Shadow Blade (16 MP) - Creates a sword of shadows that lasts for Rank rounds and deals 8+rank*2+1d6 shadow damage per strike. Can be dual-wielded and is treated as a magical attack.

[Shadow Magic=4] Void Sword (30 MP) - Forms a blade of darkness that lasts for Rank rounds and deals 12+rank*4+2d6 shadow damage per strike. Can be dual-wielded and is treated as a magical attack.

[Ritual Magic=2] Ritual Circle (27 MP) - Creates a 3' radius pentagram laced with symbols and imbued with protective energies. Adds 2 to MBlock and PA to all within the circle, which does not stack with other effects. Requires flat ground, and if said ground is soft (dirt, sand, mud) takes 1 turn to inscribe. If hard ground (stone or the like) takes 2 turns to inscribe. A necessity for some of MMIA's spells.

[Shadow Magic=1, Summoning=1, Ritual Magic=2] Lost Spirits (10 MP) - Summons (mean Rank) spirits who deal 1d6 shadow damage each for (mean Rank)/2 rounds. They may target as many enemies as there are of them. Requires a Ritual Circle to cast.

[Shadow Magic=3, Summoning=3, Ritual Magic=2] Lesser Demon (35 MP) - Summons a lesser demon who deals 21+3d6 damage for (mean Rank)/2 rounds. Requires a Ritual Circle to cast.

[Shadow Magic=4, Summoning=4, Ritual Magic=2] Fallen Angel (65 MP) - Summons a fallen angel to cast Negatis 2 for (mean rank)/2 rounds, using MMIA's Shadow Magic ranks and MAtk. Requires a Ritual Circle to cast.

[Swords=4] Defensive Stance (4+X TP) - Grants an additional parry roll if attacked by multiple enemies, and raises PA by X until the next round.

[Ritual Magic=8, Shadow Magic=12, Necromancy=6] Possession (100 MP, 15 TP) - Permanently possesses a dead creature, giving him a nifty stat reset. Depending on the abilities and attunement of the creature, certain of his skills may be rendered useless. The stats of his Dark Armor become AC 40, -2/-3, +25% Shadow Resistance. A fair bit of consultation between the GM and the roleplayer may be necessary for this spell's use.

<.< >.> More forthcoming, aside, of course, from the standard telepathy ones.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=koneko@rpgww60462>Koneko</A] at: 11/18/03 9:57 pm

Return to Character Closet