PS-converted character, up for critique.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Divinegon2130

PS-converted character, up for critique.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:59 pm

I've used this character already around here a bit, but only in freestyle. This is because I have had trouble finding a proper way to convert him to PhilSys. Well, I've decided to put up what I thought about for his conversion and ask for opinions.

Also, I admit his backstory will need some adjustment, but what I put there is what I've thought of for certain so far.
----------------------------

--Basics--
Name: Sovarus Bloodclaw-Banetail
RPer: Divinegon2130
Race: Dragon-kin
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: about 230 lbs.

Shortened Backstory: Sovarus is Derill Banetail's nephew and Silvanus Banetail's son. He was taken from his mother by Darrith Redfang, a friend of Derill, before he was hatched, when Derill and Silvanus were sent to another plane. Darrith pursued after them, taking the egg that was to become Sovarus with him.

Darrith wanted to give the egg to Silvanus Banetail, who was the father. However, Silvanus rejected the egg. Darrith thus left Sovarus in Derill Banetail's care, and he was found to be a good lad by Derill. However, he seemed more combat-willing than his uncle had been. Five years before Derill left his seclusion, he let Sovarus go, figuring he'd be able to take care of himself.

Only minutes after he was released, Sovarus decided to test himself out and tried to cast a spell Derill had taught him. It was then that he discovered vines growing out of his body, eventually winding around him like armor. Eventually he came to realize that he had a plant symbiote, which had gone dormant in the cave, within him. Why this is so he is trying to understand.

HP: 70
MP: 50
TP: 20
Initiative: 5+2d6
AT/PA (basic): 11/11
AT/PA (modified for skill/armor): 14/12
AT/PA (final): 12/11

--Attributes--
Courage +3
Wisdom +1
Intuition +3
Charisma +2
Agility +2
Dexterity +1
Strength +3
Stamina +3
Magic Aptitude: 3

Weapon Damage: Naginata (11/15/20, -2/-1 AT/PA, req'd STR +1 and AGI +2)
-Thrusting 14+1d6
-Slashing 21+2d4
-Chopping 29+2d6

--Skills--
Weapon (Polearms) - 4 <str/agi/cou>
Plant Magic - 4 <mag/int/cou>
Sound Magic - 4 <mag/int/wis>
Water Magic - 2 <mag/int/wis>
Flying - 3 online journal here. </span></p>Edited by: Divinegon2130&nbsp; Image at: 11/13/03 3:57 pm

JoshuaDurron

Re: PS-converted character, up for critique.

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:37 am

Vine defense might be a tad bit more complicated than most GMs want to deal with, although I can't say that for sure. Entangle should cost more like 9 MP, due to its tripping effects. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with it. <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:30 pm

Before I can adjust this, I'm going to need more critique.

Also, if I ever have to have a strange ability checked, it and the character sheet it's on will probably go here. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:x-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:37 pm

<_<

>_>

Sounds like a thread of mine... <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:23 am

Understandable, but I get crazy ideas sometimes and I feel the need to get them checked. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

Return to Character Closet