Got my character sheet started but need help...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Azymythx

Got my character sheet started but need help...

Unread postby Azymythx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:01 pm

Okay. Finally got this down... mostly. While looking throug the various information about Gaera's races, the link to the section on Dragon-Halves didn't work so I decided to fall back on my D&D knowledge about them and other races' reactions. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong so I can steer my character in the right direction... :)

Name: Azymyth Crosswing Age: 87 Eyes: grey Hair: white Height: 5'9" Weight: 130lbs (144 when wings are out)

Background:

Almost 100 years ago, in the forest near Doma, lived a wood elf maiden named Ethia Crosswing. Her life was a fairly uneventful and easy going life until one day she came upon an injured elven man during one of her daily walks. Being the caring sort that she is, Ethia helped the man back to her small village where the Healers could mend his wounds. He was a rather mysterious individual in that no one in the village knew who this man was. So by the way of things, since Ethia found the man, he would stay in her home while his wounds healed.

Ethia did the best she could in treating the man, who revealed himself to be Balmus Skyefyre, using her limited knowledge of herbal medicines combined with various instructions from the healers. When asked, he said he didn't really have a specific home, that the forest in general was his 'home'. Once his wounds were healed, Balmus was ready to go when Ethia asked that since he didn't have anywhere to go, he should stay here in the village. After some shyness, she also admitted to have become smitten with him. Balmus admitted he had fallen for her as well but didn't want to say anything because he was, after all, a stranger still to the village and didn't want to cause any trouble.

He took Ethia out into the forest where they were alone and revealed that his true form was that of a Forest Dragon. Ethia was of course shocked but insisted it was who he was and not what he was that mattered to her. He returned with her to the village in his Elven form, the truth about him to remain a secret between them. Within a couple months, they were joined in the traditional Elven ceremony and lived together in relative peace.

Two years later, Ethia is pregnant and ready to give birth to their child. Labor was long and painful, something very unusual amongst Elves. The child she gave birth to had an odd greenish tint to his skin and two odd bumps on his back. Holding her son close, she named him Azymyth.

The elders became wary of the stranger Balmus who was the father but as seeming Elf, shouldn't have caused such a difficult birth. After much pressure, Balmus was forced to reveal his true self. The village was in shock when they saw this but the elders waved to reserve judgement until the following day; if Ethia survived, appearance of the dragon and the birth of her half dragon son would be seen as a boon... however, if Ethia died from the pain and truama of the birth then both father and son would be destroyed. Thankfully, Ethia lived through the night, weakened but still alive.

Azymyth was so seen as a boon to the village, being said to lead them to great prosperity in the future.

As he grew, Azymyth took on various features from his father: the bumps on his back grew out into wings (later ensorcelled so that they could retract into his body in the form of two wing tattoos on his shoulderblades), a pair of small horns on his forehead that taper back towards his long white hair, fangs and reptilian-like pupils. These differences of course singled him out from the other children but more than just from looks but from the responsibility of leading them all to a greater prosperity put a lot of pressure on Azymyth and made him feel extremely uncomfortable at times.

Upon reaching the age of 35, Azymyth decided that the pressure was too great for him to handle anymore so he ran away from the village. His parents caught up with him and tried to convince him to return to the village but he refused, stating that he wasn't ready for this kind of responsibility yet and needed to see the world and gain a greater knowledge of things before he could properly be of any use to the village. After much debate, his parents conceded and returned to the village with the news.

And so, Azymyth has been wandering the continent, living off his ability to entertain others, regaling tales of his many adventures, instrumental pieces, and pleasant illusions in front of audiences from the seediest of bars to the grandest of palaces. He has been doing this for several decades now and while thoughts of home return to him, his wanderlust and thirst for knowledge keep him going.

--Basics--
Name: Azymyth Crossing
RPer: Azymythx
Race: Dragon Half (Wood Elf/Forest Dragon)
Level: 1
Exp: 0/1000
Max HP: 60
Max MP: 40
Max TP: 20
Initiative: +11

Courage: 0
Wisdom: +2
Intuition: +2
Charisma: +5
Agility: +4
Dexerity: +3
Strength: +1
Stamina: +2
Magic Aptitude: 2

Base AT/PA: +5/+5

-----
Okay, that's as far as I've gotten but I'm not sure on determining skill points because according to my math from the equation given, I have 92 points which seems a bit high to me... o.o

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=azymythx>Azymythx</A] at: 10/22/03 6:22 pm

Zemyla

Re: Got my character sheet started but need help...

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:05 pm

Looks good.

I don't know what equation you are using, but you have 28 skill points. You start with 20, then get an extra 4 for your +2 Int and another 4 for your +2 Wis. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:10 pm

You also have one more stat point to toss in there somewhere. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Azymythx

Unread postby Azymythx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:13 pm

The equation I saw was 20 +2*(Int)+2*(Wis)... but thanks for the help.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:16 pm

Order of operations deems that multiplication is done first. <p>

"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Azymythx

Unread postby Azymythx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:18 pm

I've been out of school tool long... -.-

Azymythx

Unread postby Azymythx » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:25 pm

Anyway, my connection is giving me grief (IE every damn yahoo feels the need to call) but I should hopefully get my sheet a bit more updated later tonight...

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:05 pm

*stabs himself in the face*

Why does NO ONE assume order of operations with that calculation? You're like the third person to do that... <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:38 pm

I have no idea where FD got his extra stat point from, unless I'm looking at an updated character sheet... <p>

"Strenghten your lyre and sing
The hymn of death
The sky opens to us
They fly to the ray"

-Cante per me, Kajiura Yuki</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:47 pm

Yeah, he bumped Cha up one. <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:58 pm

Hence the edit to his post 12 minutes after FD's post, logged there all nice and neat. <p>
<small><center><font color=navy>Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again, learn to live so free
And when we hear the voices sing
The book of love will open up and let us in</font>

{RPGWW -- an RPing community} -- {Rydia's Pocket Dragon Encyclopedia} -- {Fantasy Dragon Oekaki}</small></center></p>

Azymythx

Unread postby Azymythx » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:45 pm

Actually, I added it to Agility... anyways, I just got home from work (and have the time to sit down) to finish up my sheet... hopefully...

Er... actually, if anyone could help walk me through the rest, I'd much appreciated it. Either from PM or contact me on AIM at TheGuardianZero.

Sorry, I've always seem to get confused when working with a different system... -.-

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=azymythx>Azymythx</A] at: 10/23/03 8:04 pm

Return to Character Closet