Character Basis

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Angel of Fire

Character Basis

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:41 pm

Yari and I were discussing this yesterday, and it got me wondering...

If a character of yours isn't based off of you, who/what is it based off of? <p>__________________
I promise I don't bite... too hard

Holy sweet mother of an apple pie on steroids! (OOC Blaze Yamato Spirit)

<-Resident pyromaniac child. Beware.</p>Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 10/9/03 5:18 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:47 pm

The Neo Vanists are collectively based on the Vanists from Lunar, the wizards of Unseen University, and any other source of eccentricity I could find.

Biomess

Re: .

Unread postby Biomess » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:51 pm

What do you mean based off? I guess I come up with an idea and then follow it by trying to get into that character frame of mine. And by idea I mean something sort of a cliché, for example, maybe I'll play an arrogant elvish bard, or a nerdish wizard, or something, so I try to figure out how they would act given a situation. <p>---------------------
I hate no html comments allowed. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
</p>

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:06 pm

Based off as in they are based off of one person (it doesn't have to be a person from real life) other than yourself.

<p>__________________

<-Resident pyromaniac child. Beware.</p>Edited by: Angel of Fire&nbsp; Image at: 10/9/03 5:17 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:49 pm

I'd go into detail about a lot of my characters regarding this, but there's too many. So, I shall simply address a few of them.

Lomarif (who most people probably don't know) and Fiang were both based off an old D&D fighter I had - who was somewhat intelligent, but mostly muscular.

Ghakim and Kirio were based somewhat off of Rippster and Streex, respectively, from Street Sharks. Ghakim also had some basis off a deity I had created for a friend's D&D campaign.

Usoneya (who is probably better known as Kathryn) has some basis off of Rhei Rat from Brutal: Paws of Fury. (Don't concern yourself with why I made Usoneya a female while Rhei was male.)

Keep in mind that's just a few of them. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quote of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:x-small;">

Thompson: ....nah, but with not having to guard Miles anymore, I'm just, well, overly bored now.
Leothe: Really? In this city? You must have to work hard at it.

View my online journal here. </span></p>

Angel of Fire

Unread postby Angel of Fire » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:56 pm

Some of mine are based on others as well, actually about two of them, being that I only have a few in the first place.

Autumn was based off Sherice, someone from my school. The entire beginnings of her were based off one of Sherice's quirks: she never seems to smile at all.

Serra was based off of Chidori from Full Metal Panic. <p>__________________

<-Resident pyromaniac child. Beware.</p>

Sivak

Re: Character Basis

Unread postby Sivak » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:42 pm

My char Sivak is only the most recent incarnation of a long line of alter-ego 'heroes' I've had since age 5. So far, he has developed further and existed longer than any of the others. Most of his personality is exaggerations of my own.

Another char, Kassan, arose from an attempt to modify Sivak to another RP board. He was birthed in the resulting chemical explosion. He is an amalgamation of all that I find both admirable and terrifying.

Finally, an as yet unnamed char was based on a concept my brother had. Since then he has stuck in my mind and slowly twisted into my view of pure, undiluted evil given physical form and loosed upon the world.

And no, its not John Ashcroft.

Most of my others came from pictures I saw in....things...yeah. <p>Who me? I'm working with you.
Sivak, Chaos Sorceror</p>

Return to Character Closet