I CREATE A NEW PHILSYS CHARACTER! (C&C appriciated)

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
JoshuaDurron

I CREATE A NEW PHILSYS CHARACTER! (C&C appriciated)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:23 pm

Indeed, I have done so. This is the Philsys sheet for the black market's chief mage, The Tower. I've left all the info on it except for her 'true' name, an omission which hopefully y'all won't mind. My biggest concern is the spells I've set her up with, I'm not sure if all of 'em are kosher. Other than that, just look at the sheet and let me know of any math errors/other dumb stuff I may have overlooked. And bug me to actually RP her in the Darkened Doma room.

EDIT: Final incarnation of the Sheet, unless people have further objections. Tinkered with the stats slightly, so her using a war hammer (even a mithril one) with only one arm seems a bit more feasible.

Character Name: “The Tower”
Character Age: 22
Character Race: Human
Hair Color: Light Brown (almost blond)
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5’3”
Weight: #130
Clothes: Black mage hat, and long, flowing dark green robes with a blue half cloak.
Quirks: Capable of strength of will casting when angry. Left arm gone from just below the shoulder.

Character Sheet

Vitals

HP: 60
MP: 80
TP: 20
Initiative: 3 + 2d6
AP/PA: 14/10

Stats

Courage 1
Wisdom 4
Intuition 4
Charisma 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 1
Strength 3
Stamina 1
Magical Aptitude 4

Skills
Total points to spend: 36

Weapon (War Hammer) [Cou/Agi/Str] lv 4
Air Magic [Wis/Int/Mag] lv 4
Poison Magic [Wis/Int/Mag] lv 4
Enchanting [Wis/Int/Mag] lv 4
Summoning [Wis/Int/Mag] lv 4
Alchemy [Wis/Int/Dex] lv 4
Disguise [Int/Int/Cha] lv 3
[s] Perception [Int x 3] lv 2
[k] Potions lv 4
[k] Applied Magic lv 4
[k] Strategy lv 2
[k] General Chemistry lv 2
[k] Traps lv 2

Points spent: 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 36

Spells

Corridor of Winds [Air=1]
Cost: 10 MP
A column of heavy duty air power blasts aside enemies in a 10ft long path in front of the caster. Deals 5+1d6+rank*2 damage.

Air Bubble [Air=2]
Cost: 10 MP
Creates a bubble of pure air around the caster, which moves with her wherever she goes. Gives her breathable air for (rank*5) minutes. Works in a normal atmosphere, or under water/other liquid.

Thunderclap [Air=3]
Cost: 8 MP
A massive thunderclap resounds, the sound moving away from the caster and affecting anyone within 20ft in front of her. Has an 80% (5-20 on a d20) of causing confusion for (rank/2) turns. May render enemies with sensitive hearing unconscious.

Storm March [Air=4]
Cost: 24 MP
A small (relatively speaking) hurricane forms and proceeds away from the caster, buffeting enemies in a 10ft corridor in front of her. Deals 10+rank*4+3d6 damage.

Toxica [Poison=2]
Cost: 8 MP
A biological magic attack that acts as an acid/poison. No raw force, but rather just a lot of pain. Deals 8+rank*2 damage when cast, and another 1+rank/2 damage for the next 1d6 turns.

Poison Squall [Air=4, Poison=3]
Cost: 20 MP
A wave of poison is blown through an area. Potent enough to affect a 10ft by 10ft area. If inhaled, causes Level 1 Poisoning. Poison accumulates every 30 seconds. Spell lasts for 2d6 minutes.

Featherweight [Enchant=1, Air=2]
Cost: 2 MP/round, 10 MP/day, 20 MP for semi-permanence [say about 10 years]
Reduces the weight of one item less than 10 pounds to practically nil.

Envenom [Enchant=1, Poison=2]
Cost: 12 MP
Makes one weapon incur Level Poisoning on a successful attack. Lasts for 1d4+rank/2 turns.

Imbue Aura [Enchant=2]
Cost: 5 MP
Imbues an object with some sort of Astral signature.

Alter Appearance [Enchant=3, Disguise=2]
Cost: 12 MP
Changes a person’s features so they look like someone different, possibly part of an entirely different species.

Summon Sylph [Summoning=2, Air=4]
Cost: 15 MP
Summons a wind spirit, who attacks her target with a wind blade for 16+2d8 damage per round. Duration is (rank/2) rounds.

Summon Venom Demon [Summoning=3, Poison=4]
Cost: 25 MP
Summons a large, grey-green Venom Demon, who unleashes a torrent of poisonous sludge on his target, for 18+3d6 damage, with a 25% chance (a roll of 1 on a d4) of causing a Level 1 Poison. Duration is (rank/2) rounds.

Equipment

Mithril War Hammer
Mage Robes
Black Mage’s hat
Half cloak
3x Minor Healing Potions
2x Restoration Potions (restores TP)
2x Mana Potions <p>

English does not have a word for what you do to do a dead thing to make it stop chasing you. Clearly, you cannot kill that which is dead. But until Mr. Webster comes up with replacement, we are forced to render dead that which is dead. - Just Call Me Fed

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/3/03 10:44 am

FlamingDeth

Re: I CREATE A NEW PHILSYS CHARACTER! (C&C appriciated)

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:01 pm

Featherweight definately, without a doubt, needs a greater casting cost for semi-permanence. Maybe if it was a 20 MP cost for that ten years without it being able to ragain that MP until the spell wears off, or 50 MP and 10 TP, or something, but that whole "semi-permanence" thing would take a lot of effort.

First thing that comes to mind, editing this post or possibly another post after I look at it further. <p>
I am an <s>arrogant</s> elitist bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:
"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K
</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:05 pm

I dunno, FD. If I had a weapon that was light as air but good as normal, I'd probably cut the fuck out of myself within one round. Especially if I was used to a weighted weapon. Therefore, there would actually be an AT/PA decrease, in my opinion.

JoshuaDurron

Re: ...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:36 pm

EDIT: Talked to AM about it, and changed the nature of the Featherweight spell. Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna do the war hammer part. <p>

English does not have a word for what you do to do a dead thing to make it stop chasing you. Clearly, you cannot kill that which is dead. But until Mr. Webster comes up with replacement, we are forced to render dead that which is dead. - Just Call Me Fed

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/2/03 6:19 pm

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:47 pm

Hmn...

How about a less exagerrated form of the featherweight spell for the hammer? <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, Where the Heart Is

"Queasy? Queasiness is for the weak! And the queasy!" -Jaeko</span></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:28 pm

You know.

Krak C&Ped me the descriptive part of her sheet.

And pointed out she's almost like a female version of Jak, when it comes to appearances.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:53 pm

<_< Jak's short his left arm? I know that's not on the character sheet, but it IS the reason I'm trying so hard to keep the extra-light war hammer. Also, I've never RPed with Jak, much less heard him described. So I wouldn't know. ={{ <p>

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/2/03 8:54 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:18 pm

Green robes, black mage hat, blonde hair. :D

Also, wouldn't a featherweight hammer be useless, seeing as the weapon relies on the impact, and thus the weight, of the head to deliver damage, rather than slicing through stuff?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:22 pm

*post deleted due to lateness in posting* <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 10/2/03 9:23 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:13 pm

Subject was brought up in chat. But as I said there... weight is not mass. Force = Mass * Acceleration. ALSO: Tower has brown hair, but it's extremely light in shade. I may slightly alter her appearance... her weapon remains the biggest sticking point. Maybe if it was just mithril and didn't weigh to much... <p>

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>

Biomess

Unread postby Biomess » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:03 am

Yes, but Weight W=m*g, g being the acceleration of gravity, and since W would be 0, and g is usually 9,8 m/s2, the mass of the object must be 0. Also, you have to factor the fact that when you hit something *I don't know the translation from spanish* there are factors like Momentum and shit that affect it. So I would agree that making a weapon lighter does not necesarily make it better. Also take into account how important weight distribution is in a weapon: it pretty much defines different combat styles. i.e. A sword that has it's gravity center close to the fist will be used primarily for piercing, while one that has a center of gravity displaced towards the tip will be better used for slashing. <p>---------------------
I hate no html comments allowed. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:35 am

1) Magic that makes something weightless is generally considered to counter gravity's effects, and not an object's mass.

2) You obviously didn't read the character sheet, or you would have noticed that the character no longer uses a weightless weapon, so your whole post was unnecessary. <p>

The man wants a new pair of pants. What's wrong with that? - Crawling Reshiki</p>

Biomess

Unread postby Biomess » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:52 pm

No, I didn't refer my post to your sheet. I was just pointing out something physically inaccurate, that's all. I can be like that sometimes. So disregard this if it doesn't apply.
And countering gravity's effect would have the same effect. Picture yourself slashing at something in low gravity, like the moon. <p>---------------------
I hate no html comments allowed. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=biomess>Biomess</A] at: 10/8/03 11:53 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:55 pm

If it was a downwards slash, then yes, it would lack the added acceleration of the earth. But if it was a crosswise slash, then it's acceleration would be the same, because it's mass is constant, even if it's weight is different. Force acts on mass, not weight. Weight provides a countermanding force, which must be overcome. If you want to continue the physics lecture, we can take this to the discussion forum, but let this thead die. -_- <p>

Return to Character Closet