Of Acid and Philsys

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Of Acid and Philsys

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:55 am

Dear anyone with some sense and a good idea of the internal workings of Philsys,

Glancing at the Fury of the Storm signup thread, I noticed Pervy's new Inverse character sheet. Within said sheet, I noticed this list of Inverse's Thrown and Splashed attacks: Lesser Acid: 10+2d6 1st round, 6+d6 2nd round. Aqua Regia: 12+3d6 1st round, 8+2d6 2nd round, 4+1d6 3rd round. Acid puts victims in a lot of pain.

Now, as many of you know, Inverse is not the first being to use acid on Philsys. I speak of course of the Venomous Swampwalker, a monster of my creation that has an entry in the Monster Manual. I dealt with acid differently: Acid spray 1d12+1d4 and target is now afflicted with the equivalent of Level 3 Poison, which can be washed off with water

Now, in the interests of uniformity, I ask you which method of determining the damage from an acid attack makes more sense in Philsys. Also, if anyone has any data regarding acid, I would much be much obliged if it were posted here.

Thanks in advance,
Spleen. <p>_________________
FEEL MY WRATH!
...it's very fuzzy.

"You had me at pie."
-Verve, Iconoclast

ChocolateKitsune: I've never been quoted before.</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Of Acid and Philsys

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:23 am

Different types of acid, different 'delivery' methods, different amounts, and stuff.

I dont think ALL acid attacks need to use the same formula.
But than again, I'm often wrong :D

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:56 pm

I agree with Zero. <p>------------------
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.
</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:05 pm

When I first read this thread's title, I assumed you were going to discuss the merits (and flaws) of RPing under the influence of LSD. Ah well.

Anyway, first off, if you want something to deal 2-16 damage, you're better off making it 2d8. There's no reason to roll 1d12+1d4.

Secondly, acid need not be standardized, and thirdly, I don't think it needs to be based on the same formula for damage as poison (though it could be). However, in the case that it does use the formula, terminology wise, acid should not be referred to as inflicting poison, rather, it should be noted as inflicting X damage per round, as acid does not truly "poison" someone...well, unless they're drinking it, and most of the time I'd say you die of "spontaneous, violent reactions" as opposed to "poisoning." <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:57 pm

Spontaneous, violent reactions. Like when a hole forms in the victims stomach and their insides pour out of said hole?

Anyways, quibling over acid is sort of moot as there are many kinds of acid and some eat through certain materials better than other.

Though to contradict myself, something to keep in mind would be that acid is fairly ineffective as a weapon unless aplied directly to the victims flesh or it is incredibly potent, or both. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:14 am

"When I first read this thread's title, I assumed you were going to discuss the merits (and flaws) of RPing under the influence of LSD"

You know... I'm really having a tough time thinking up any of these supposed flaws that you mention. <p>

"Carrying a ham into a room, Mr. Connery says, 'hon mono.' It basically means that the ham he carries is genuine or real. We expect nothing less."</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:48 am

Bad trips? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Return to Character Closet