NEW BATTLE SYSTEM?! ONO!!!

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

NEW BATTLE SYSTEM?! ONO!!!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:08 pm

[url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/2/03 1:49 pm
[/i]

Zemyla

Re: NEW BATTLE SYSTEM?! ONO!!!

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:22 pm

Now tell me again why we need a new RP system. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

SongstressEnlil: I think boobs are the lesser of two evils.

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:28 pm

Zem should not be a retard and read THE ENTIRE POST.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:43 pm

Questions.

1) What is wisdom, exactly? Is it like in PhilSys, where it's how much knowledge you have, or is it like DnD, where Wis is pretty much common sense, and/or how "in tune" you are? Personally, I prefer the latter definition.

2) If it is common sense, will your stats show your knowledge, or will there be some other indicator?

3) Speaking of stats, are there any new ones, or does it vary depending on what RP world you're in? (For example, a Gaera character wouldn't have the same skills as, say, someone in Dungeons and Dragons)

4) How are points for the primary stats distributed? Is there a set number of points, do you roll for them, or do you do something else? (for example, talking to the GM and just doing what makes sense and isn't godmodey) <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
"Hear all Hear All! I dub this man The Angst Mysterious Bloke of the party! May he now and forever more been known as this! Ask not his past, for it is probably overly tragic and boring. Ask not his name for it is more mysterious not to know it! And ask not of his powers for it is hiding behind a hood cause he's too scared of what women will think of his ugly mug!"-Jenna Tymisonn, [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/2/03 3:44 pm
[/i]

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:12 pm

Yes, but we have plenty of RP systems. What does this one offer that the other ones don't? <p>-----

Adventurers! | RPG World World | The Phantom Lord's OT Board mkII | Indie Madnesse</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:15 pm

It doesn't matter what it offers, since he's stated it's not intended for use around here, unless someone wants to use it. He's designed it for his own Pen and Paper stuff. Like, you know, off the net.

Zemyla

Unread postby Zemyla » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:18 pm

Ah. <p>-----

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:24 pm

First, thank you Jak.

Second, Neb:

1.) Wisdom is like PhilSys, refering to the amount of Knowledge you have. I consider IQ to be more -like- the DnD Wis, if not the same.

2.) There will be formula for determining how many skill points you get later, and thanks for reminding me, as I had totally forgotten about it! :D

3.) Psi and Rounds are new stats! Basically, I separated Psychic techniques from magical ones, making them their own separate fields, and therefore having their own separate determining stats and energy points.
Rounds refers to how many attacks per battle round you get. So, if someone with Rounds 4 attacks someone with Rounds 2, the attacker makes four moves, each with it's own separate roll. However, the the last two attacks, the defender does not recieve his defense roll. That's something I'm still working on.
-edit- I forgot one! I/P B: Your aura of intelligence/physical beauty. These are done on a percentage scale. so 100/100 would be Joe Average. lowest possible is 9/9 (you don't care that you look like shit, because you're also catatonic), and the most is 400/400 (everyone -KNOWS- you're a genius when they meet you, and you're an adonis to boot.) This is there to ensure that powergamerswho use the system have drawbacks for low cha or minmaxing in general. Whee.

4) 70 primary points. I thought I'd labeled it clearly. o.o; I'll have to fix it. Whee.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/3/03 12:38 pm

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:06 pm

Shaun is most interested in what you are going to use this for. Perhaps we could help you optimize it a bit for what you want to do.

I also want to know what the exact difference is between Psi, MP, and TP, and what is intended to be done with each. Also, can stats increase? If so, how? When? And might I get an idea of when your stats are going into superhuman ranges? That tends to help me understand how relatively powerful a character might be.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:41 pm

The intent is either for use in a soon-to-be Pen and Paper (table top) RPG, or possibly if the need should ever rise, an RP system for use online, were I to leave the forum/RPGWW disbands(HAH)/etc.

Psi: Energy used when using Psionic effects, such as telepathy, telekinesis, etc. Powers of the mind.
MP: Energy used when cast magic spells, such as pyromancy, aeromancy, holy or shadow spells, etc. Powers of the Arcane.
TP: Tech Points. Same as in PhilSys, so that there's a point value to tack on physical skills.

I haven't decided whether or not Stats should increase. If they do, my plan thus far was rather than gaining by level, one would gain experience from battles, and when an appropriate degree of experience had been gathered, you could go to a training facility and recieve a stat boost in this way. Are the stats intend to go into superhuman ranges? No. Are they thus far? ... Yes. :-/

Atleast if people min/max they can become superhuman, which in this system is also an insanely BAD idea. reducing anyone one stat to it's minimum would have effects as profoundly negative as the maxed stat was positive.

On the one hand, a Str and Cha maxed out will make you adonis. You will walk down the street, and every man and woman in or past puberty, regardless of orientation WILL want your body.
BUT: with only 30 remaining points to disturbute among your 7 remaining stats, chace are the minute you open your mouth to speak, everyone has realized how incredibly STUPID you are, and now either pities you, or curses you because such a wondrous body is wasted on such a fledgling mind.
Or even better, max out IQ too. sure, you're the best of Einstein and Arnold schwartzenegger,
but you're dying of a case of the common cold. Quite seriously.

... So, whee, didn't mean to rant. Other questions? o.o;

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:05 am

Beys, the question wasn't IF, but rather WHEN.

I mean, in PS, you start talking superhuman strength around 10 in a stat. In D&D, 18 is when your fighter is officially "OMG STRONG", and so on. I mean, when in your system are you at about this level and such?

Return to Character Closet