New Characters

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Jak Snide

New Characters

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:27 pm

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>How willing are you to join an RP if it would mean creating a totally new Phil Sys character? And how much restriction would you mind the GM placing on what you can be?

And yes, this does link to something I might run at a later date.</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm17.processVote?topicID=43.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>No problem whatsoever, restrictions or none.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>No problem, have a problem with severe restrictions.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="3"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>No problem, but freedom with creation is a must.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="4"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Phil Sys? No way. Freestyle, maybe.</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="5"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Nope. Too much effort/Vastly preffer to use existing chars.</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=1>Show results</FONT>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: New Characters

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:29 pm

I don't mind spontaneously creating charsheets. I mean, I've done them mid-RP before, and Jak knows this.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:52 pm

I really dislike poofing up characters a whole lot. >_>

I rather mull over them and develope them to where I like them first. That way they don't suck.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:37 am

I can pretty much just pull characters out of my arse. Still, severe restrictions would be a bit inconvenient.

On that note, it would provide an interesting RPing challenge if the GM just handed characters out to the players and they had to RP them. <p>
I AM A CHEF. MY MISSION IS TO COOK FOOD.

That was a recipe for kicking your ass!</p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:22 am

I don't think I'd have any problem, as I'm pretty much only a okayish RPer, I can grab a typical sterotype and have fun with it Cho style. =D Its only how long it would take me to do the phil system stuff.

GameStar7

Unread postby GameStar7 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:20 am

As an answer to the question... I can make almost any kind of character, restrictions or not. Right now I'm almost done with 3 characters, and I've already got the "skeleton" of a few more. I love RPing and thinking of things like that. So many story possibilities, so many twists and turns. Its something that combines creating something, with imagination and adventure.

I don't know if I'd even be able to join though, my net has been down. And that is also if the story is one I'd like, but I don't have time to get into it right now. But yes, I can create a character, but it wouldn't be half fast, I could do it in a day though, at least the character part. Still exploring phylsis, maybe if Tom was on or I had someone to answer questions, but I know enough to get it more or less done in a day. <p>

His momma used to call em sonnyboy, but now shell call em smudge.

Master Gamer, loves telling stories, and all around nice guy.</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:54 am

Well, I have no particular problem with making up new characters. I don't exactly poof them up out of thin air, but given a couple of days to mull it over, I can generally come up with at least one character I like for any given setting.

As far as restrictions go, I generally impose a few myself, so a few from the GM aren't going to be a problem. <p>I will not waste time making my enemy's death look like an accident -- I'm not accountable to anyone and my other enemies wouldn't believe it.
The Evil Overlord List, #102
</p>

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:16 pm

I think its a good idea. This way you can play a char more realistically. If they have some restrictions then it means that they will have strengths in other areas. As long as the weaknesses and the strengths are well balanced you get a good char. <p>"Seek out a Kingdom worthy of your soul."

Reign the conquer.</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:48 pm

Yes, bunnygirle. That's what char balancing is. Very good.

bunnygirle78

Re: ...

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:54 pm

(rasbery)

sticks and stones man sticks and stones. . .they hurt you know. he he <p>"Seek out a Kingdom worthy of your soul."

Reign the conquer.</p>

Ajil6

>:

Unread postby Ajil6 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:48 pm

x.x; I still need to actually make a char sheet. Roar.

Return to Character Closet