Format of PS Sheets

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Jak Snide

Format of PS Sheets

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:28 pm

<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>I've been thinking that the official format of Phil Sys sheets should be changed to basic txt files, and uploaded to the RPGWW website's character archive as such. Opinions?</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p068.ezboard.com/frpgww60462frm17.processVote?topicID=45.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Yes, make the change, and convert the old sheets too</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Yes, make the change, but leave the old sheets as HTML</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="3"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Don't enforce txt format, but allow it</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="4"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Enforce HTML format on character sheets</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="5"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Other (Details, please)</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=1>Show results</FONT>

Divinegon2130

Re: Format of PS Sheets

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:45 pm

As someone that's well-adapted to the HTML format, I'm going to say that sheets done in HTML are much neater than sheets in txt format. Heck, I've made an HTML template for web sheets that I use a lot.

However, txt format is easier to update for those not skilled with HTML.

For these reasons, I say that the txt format should be allowed, but I suggest it not be enforced.

(Edited for a correction.) <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Current Quotes: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

"Are you kidding? Good thick mane, strong shanks, white teeth, you'll be beating them off with sticks." - Dalis (WhiteWereFox)
"Video games won't breed in captivity." - KnightsofSquare
"OK, how do shadows echo, Kelne?" - Idran (Idran1701)

View my online journal here. </span></p>Edited by: Divinegon2130&nbsp; Image at: 6/28/03 10:55 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:34 am

See, this is a good point. Now, I like the HTML format, because I know where to look. However, it's a bitch to put .txt files into it, but it's still useful. So, I'd PREFER that people put it in .htm BEFORE submitting it. Of course, I'm not going to order it. But the HTM file is so much more convienient.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:49 am

I like the html documents, which aren't actually that hard to make if you use the template Dia put together for us PS people. :D <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Return to Character Closet