Brass rackets rules

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
LadyDragonClawsEDW

Brass rackets rules

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat May 31, 2003 9:13 pm

Brass rackets is a traditional game of Ayenee (If you've seen slayers next, you know what I'm talking about) It's a lot like a game of doubles tennis with a bloody twist. To note, as per tradition, each team consists of one male and one female.

EbilRyuuzoku: (Each person has 10 HP, the initiative order goes Dia/Fresca/Dhargun/kyle, Dia starts as the server... This is just for the current RP so disregard the initiative, but initiative would follow like tennis with alternating partners hitting the ball back.)

Roll a D6 when hitting the ball, this determines how much damage is done!

EbilRyuuzoku: (Each person gets 3 "guts points" which would be like serving with a special spell or move....)

EbilRyuuzoku: (Using a "guts point" gives a +1 to the roll)

To note: If you use a guts point then roll a 6, you deal 3 damage

EbilRyuuzoku: (The thing is, you have to tell whether or not you're using a guts point BEFORE you roll the die for your hit)

EbilRyuuzoku: (1 is a miss to hit the person, <strike>if someone rolls a 1, one person on the other team rolls a D6, if they get a 5 or a 6, they hit the ball back...)_

If they don't roll a crit, then the other team scores a point (like it would be in tennis where a person fails to hit the ball back),</strike> and 1's are automatic regular tennis-like hit the ball out of the court points to the team that rolls them

Before each hit, you must tell who the target is, for fairness you cannot attack the same person more than two times in a a row. The game ends when either one person from either team is knocked out or one team scores 5 points by hitting the ball out of the court.

Healing magic is not allowed in games of brass rackets.

Also the hits follow the same style as normal d6 dueling with 2-4 being 1 damage and 5-6 being 2 damage <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladydragonclawsedw>LadyDragonClawsEDW</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/31/03 10:26:20 pm

pd Rydia

Re: Brass rackets rules

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 31, 2003 9:54 pm

After playing a game, I have to say, it needs to be easier to score. Like maybe let a one auto-score, let a two score if not rebounded. What do you think? <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "Don't worry Mink, I'll be good excess baggage!" -- Pia
-=- "But I'm a slime half!" -- Princess Vena
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy
-=- "Demons don't care about story continuity!" -- Doug Finn</span></p>

ChancellorSmartz

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Sat May 31, 2003 10:02 pm

Ah yes, tis very good Kate. I too would volunteer to be a referee for these RPs whenever necessary! ^__^ And Dia's suggestion sounds plausible too... <p>"Dude...you can't put salt on asians. We already taste good." -Me</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 31, 2003 10:04 pm

I also suggest IC modifiers to reflect character and experience, preferably in the form of guts points to keep the dice all d6 and easy and stuff. Some people might not like this, though. =/ <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat May 31, 2003 10:07 pm

Hmm, the two thing sounds like an interesting idea, though it would be kinda confusing for everyone to remember. I migh end up eliminating the whole rebound thing and have a 1 be an automatic point to that team, I don't want the rules to be too complicated. <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat May 31, 2003 10:14 pm

Also: There would currently be no real experience modifiers since no one on Gaera knows how to play, except Aya and Tai... <p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 31, 2003 10:39 pm

Kate needs to fix her icon, avvy, and sig. :{ <p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat May 31, 2003 10:59 pm

It's fun! I can make Super Dodge Ball references! :D

AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO PWN THE FUCK OUT OF EVERYONE IN THAT GAME WITH A WHITE MAGE! >:|
<p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat May 31, 2003 11:29 pm

Kyra should give it a whack... >: D <p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:53 am

I think Choark should play! Though he may get confusd and start hitting people with the racket rather then hitting the ball!! =D!

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:27 am

haha, that episoide was great...
Also i think Deeum might know how to play it! would be nice to give it a shot one of these days. <p><div style="text-align:center">
<span style="color:black;font-family:verdana;font-size:xx-small;">.:StarDragon Studios:Star-Dragon.net:Livejournal:S-D.Net Oekaki:.
</span>
</div></p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:34 pm

Dude, Make Brass rackets tournament RP. It'd be rad. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:13 pm

It'd be utterly shibby! ^o^

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:11 pm

Argus was good at that game. *nod* Aya and Argus kicked much ass. Though Taiar and Aya.... *shudders at the sheer power of that team* <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Return to Character Closet