Acutally a lot of Questions

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Nekogami

Acutally a lot of Questions

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri May 02, 2003 1:25 pm

Hey, Phil-sys people who know a whole heap of a bunch.

The nature of my bastet chararcter's, Mystess and Pheryl's, magic are runes. They runes help them tap directly into the earth's mana source. What I mean is, if Pheryl has the rune for earthquake the she can incite this rune to cause an earthquake.

This is my original idea on how they work that is. What I wonder is should such abilities take MP or TP? And would spell similar to "mute" work on such kinds of magic?

I just need to know since I'm making their phil-sys sheets. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image

[url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/2/03 2:31:48 pm
[/i]

Uncle Pervy

Re: Phil Sys Question: My Bastet Chars

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri May 02, 2003 1:32 pm

I would treat it as normal magic, with MP; just with a twist to invoking it. You could attach an optional Rune Drawing contigency to it, as I have with Enlil's elemental manipulation songs.

As for Muting, I would say it would work as AM once said to me that Mute is designed to block one's astral connection, and thus keep one from drawing on it. As well as making the target clam up.

<p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Re: Phil Sys Question: My Bastet Chars

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri May 02, 2003 1:33 pm

I would have to say MP. Even if it isn't completely true to how it would really work or whatever, it would still make for ease of gameplay, and the effects will still be the same.

As for "mute" spells, it is my understanding that they aren't so much physically muting someone as it is just something that disrupts their ability to cast spells. A sort of "astral mute", so to speak. I could be wrong on that, though.

EDIT: Curses! Pervy beat me to it. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td valign=CENTER><table bgcolor=#FFFFFF border=1><tr><td>
<font color="maroon">I am an arrogant bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:

"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K</font>
</td></tr></table></td></table></center></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/2/03 1:36:04 pm

Nekogami

Re: Acutally a lot of Questions

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri May 02, 2003 2:33 pm

Also: WHAT FREAKING YEAR IS IT NOW!

o.o Instead of putting ages for my characters. I plan to put birthdates. I feel it'd be a better representation. <p>

Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri May 02, 2003 4:12 pm

1313 AT, I believe.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri May 02, 2003 5:43 pm

The years pass too quickly and/or without notice. o_o;; My charas are all two years older, and I had no notice of this except I happened to overhear it in chat once. >.>;; <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 5/2/03 5:43:48 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri May 02, 2003 6:13 pm

The timing is weird. Some of us decided on 1313 because Kate said that Elle was 3 years old, but she was born in 1311, or something. So we sped ahead the time. Of course, nobody knows WHAT the hell we're doing. So, correct me if I'm wrong.

BrainWalker
✔+

Unread postby BrainWalker » Fri May 02, 2003 6:14 pm

This is Pervy on BW's comp, because I'm lazy.

Indeed, I am getting a little tired of months being skipped on me without notice.

It was 1311 a just few weeks ago!

Seriously, stop skipping months!

<p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=brainwalker>BrainWalker</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/2/03 6:14:55 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri May 02, 2003 6:21 pm

It's been 1313 for a while. Check out the first post of On the Wings of Time. I asked what year it was, and that's what I got.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat May 03, 2003 5:09 pm

It was 1312 when I saw it :(

Did you edit the post or something? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat May 03, 2003 5:57 pm

What a temporal shift. I guess the best and only gauge is Elle's birth? Does that screw with anyone's character or events? <p>

Nekogami Character Pantheon--Deviant Art Gallery--LiveJournal</div>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</span></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sat May 03, 2003 7:55 pm

Well I wonder how old that makes Jenna now? The baby version and the 10 year old, who may have been 10 years old for some time now. Course I can totally bullshit some temporal whatdingle that means she won't age while in the past or something like that, so its no biggie.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun May 04, 2003 11:29 pm

Kinda Amanda, though I guess it can be BSed away. Still (directed at anyone who plans on changing the years), it'd be nice to know when people advance the years. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>

Return to Character Closet