Aura Question (Philsys)

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Mechanisto

Aura Question (Philsys)

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:42 am

This'll be a quickie.

If I already have a Magic Aptitude of 6, do I really need a "Read Aura" skill at all, or can I already see them naturally? I read in the guide that 6 Mag allows you to see the astral plane just by concentrating, but does that cover auras as well? <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Aura Question (Philsys)

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:42 pm

With a magical aptitude of 6 I THINK you can easily read other people's auras, having a specific skill to go with it will probably give you some sort of bonus on "read aura" checks. <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:16 pm

...read aura is a needed skill? I thought that you could just see it over a certain magical aptitude. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:20 pm

If you have a Magical Aptitude of 1, 2 or 3 you'd need a skill to help you read auras. With a MApp of 4+ you'll be able to read auras without a skill, at decreasing difficulty the higher the rating is. For someone with a score of 6 it's almost effortless. A particularly strong aura may even be difficult to ignore for someone with that much natural talent.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:31 pm

I was thinking that Read Aura means you've mastered the art enough to gain more details. Kinda like Forensic Sceince for Astral Sight. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:33 pm

That could be an application of the skill, yes. But those with a magical aptitude of 3 or less would need at least 1 rank to be able to read auras.

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:45 pm

Hm... the comparison to forensic science is very fitting for my situation... but I already have Skills for information gathering.

How would it interact with a skill like Healing (Diagnosis)? You'd think it would help a lot. <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>

Return to Character Closet