Please don't kill me for this but..

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Please don't kill me for this but..

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:15 am

... I've been bored lately and wanted to do something with my spare time. Unfortunately this just proves my impressive geekiness. Witness it's power and FEAR. Either that or tell me how stupid this system looks. Take your pick. ^_^;;;

<pre> ================================================================STR/AGI/DEX/INT/STA/FOCon 1-30 scaleSTRength - Used in Physical attacks, major factor in physical damage.AGIlity - Used to determine a player's speed in combat. DEXterity - Used mostly for determining physical attack accuracy.INTelligence - Used in Magical attacks, major factor in magical damage.STAmina - Used to determine HP. HP : Start 19, Max 16384 +(8 * STA) / 15 + 4 HP every level, minimum 5.FOCus - Used to determine the rate of magical gain. MP : Min 0, Max 16384 +(FOC / 10) MP every round of combat. +FOC Total MP for defending on a given round.Rage Points - Used to execute physical attacks. RP : Min 0 +1 when attack connects with a target +3 when attack criticals on a target +(Damage / 10) when hit by an attack.PACCuracy = (DEX + DEX + INT + Weapon Skill)PEVAsion = (STR + DEX + INT + Evasion Skill)MACCuracy = (INT + INT + FOC + Spell Skill)MRESistance = (INT + STA + FOC + Spell Resistance)PDAMage = (STR * Weapon Strength) + (Weapon Strength)MDAMage = ((INT * Spell Power * (50 + Spell Skill)) / 50 )Random Roll = 50Criticals On = 40================================================================</pre>

Perhaps some thought on how to make it a Pen and Paper RPG would be nice. And yes, I plan to change a couple of things anyways. Because they'd be too complicated. The Focus thing up top might change, due to it looking weird.

More posts and stuff to come... because I've got too much time on my hands, yup.

Edit 1: Changed RP increase when hit to (Damage / 10).
Edit 2: Changed MP increases to +(FOC / 10) and +(FOC).
Eliminated "IP Speed" note.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 4/22/03 11:07:23 am

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: Please don't kill me for this but..

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:23 am

ARGH NUMBERS! *stabs and provides no insightful feedback for now since it's too late at night to try and understand this tuff and the text is too small* <p>
Image One hat to rule them all.</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:43 am

Needs more sharp objects.

And cleavage. <p>

"Things should be harder to understand, harder to use, and as painful as possible. Pain builds character."</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:52 am

Yes, I'd like to know what the saving roll for clevage is, myself. <p>The holiday hitman sends his reguards...</p>

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:02 am

Impossible. <p>

"Things should be harder to understand, harder to use, and as painful as possible. Pain builds character."</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:20 am

I mostly glanced over this, so I might have missed it, but what does IP (speed, a note under agility) stand for? Also, I'm wondering how points are distributed amongst the 6 stats to begin with...they don't all start at a base level, do they? And how's XP/levels work? Probably need more info to be able to make a judgment on the system thingy... <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/22/03 2:21:26 am

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:06 am

The IP note is because I originally intended to use this for an RPG I was gonna make later on. Basically it was meant to work somewhat like ATB in the Final Fantasy series.

During creation, each stat starts with 1 point and you have 30 points to distribute as you see fit among the stats. Stats CAN go beyond 30, but I certainly wouldn't recommend trying that early on.

Hn. Levelups will come later since I never took the trouble to write that piece of things down. I'll have it soon enough, though. Just need to go through my notes.

And to make this clearer... HP starts at 19 for EVERYONE (although that probably will change), and goes up by (8 * STA) / 15 + 4. Which ends up being between 5 and 20 HP every level. Yes, it's complicated... but I'm not sure if I'll change that. Please forgive any messiness in the whole thing. ^_^;;;

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:41 pm

1) There is the issue that it's solely a battle system instead of an RP system.
2) How does one get Weapon Skill, Evasion Skill, etc.?
3) What's the use of Rage Points?
4) If a char has minimum Str and a weapon with 10 strength, they can kill any first-level char in one hit. Hm...
5) Random roll? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"You agree to not use the Service to disseminate off-topic messages on boards promoting any product, service, web site, board or venture, or promote boards on the Service through unsolicited electronic mail messages to third parties." ~ ezboard Terms of Service, Section 6.g
Everybody Takoumori!</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:51 pm

Skuld, he's shown me this a few times, and it was oringally created for a RPG game, not a pen and paper RPG. I just liked it, and bugged him about putting it down here. Now, I doubt that you'll get a weapon power of 10 that fast. If I'm correct, a weapon power of 2 will be uncommon in the beginning. Also, it's sorta like GURPS. One sword blow can end a battle in GURPS, much like this.

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:36 pm

If a Char starts off my system with a WS 10 Weapon, and I gave it to them, I will personally shoot myself.

Yes it is a battle system. PARTLY because of the RPG element Adam told you about... and partly because abstracts like physical appearance and speaking ability kinda bug me. They're... a bit nebulous at times. In any case, this doesn't mean that the system can't be tweaked for roleplaying, just that I haven't yet.

The varied Skills came into my mind a bit later on in development, so please excuse the fact that they just pop onto this part of the sheet (yes, part), with no further explanation. To correct that..

Weapon Skill is, quite simply put, the skill that your character has with the weapon, rated from 1 to 25 in theory, but in practice can probably get to be a lot higher than that. The Weapon Skills all go by basic type of weapon, so a Sword Skill of 25 adds 25 to the rolls for ALL Swords. Same if there was an Axe skill and so on. I haven't created all the specific types of skills, but I suspect it wouldn't take me long if you want it that badly.

Evasion Skill is a general defense against melee attacks.

Magical Resistance also goes by types as Weapon Skill does. Broad categories of Earth/Fire/Wind/Water/Light/Dark were their original intent, but I suppose that it might end up a single skill as Evasion.

Spell Skill goes by individual spell sets, originally intended to increase by usage of that particular type of magic.

Rage Points are the equivalent to MP for fighters. They go up automatically as you can see, based on damage done/dealt.

Random Roll, yes. Just to remind me of what I'd decided upon. Otherwise, *poof*. Mind Gone, and such.

Any other questions? I'll post another section of the thing in a bit.

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:43 pm

Not now, though it's awfully hard to judge a whole system on a small part of it. Philsys wouldn't make sense to me if all I read was the section on levelling up. And unless it takes a lot to raise your Magic Resistance, I think it makes more sense to keep it as defense against specific elements or other designations of magic. Like some fire monster would have killer Fire resist, etc. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"You agree to not use the Service to disseminate off-topic messages on boards promoting any product, service, web site, board or venture, or promote boards on the Service through unsolicited electronic mail messages to third parties." ~ ezboard Terms of Service, Section 6.g
Everybody Takoumori!</div></p>

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:10 pm

Actually I was intending to make it a single skill because Evasion is a single skill... although that's a valid point too.

More Postering.

<pre> ================================================================Rage Moves--------------------------------Note : Final RP Cost is (Cost ^ 2) * 2+25% Damage (+1 Cost) - Adds 25% Damage to an attack. Stackable.Darken (+1 Cost) - Lowers PACC and PEVA by 40 until cured.Stun (+1 Cost) - Causes an opponent one round of stun. Stackable.Disconnect (+2 Cost) - Stops MP gain for 4 turns.Extra Attack A (+2 Cost) - Adds an extra attack (And roll) at 25% normal damage.Extra Attack B (+4 Cost) - Adds an extra attack (And roll) at 50% normal damage.Extra Attack C (+8 Cost) - Adds an extra attack (And roll).Fear (+2 Cost) - Adds Fear effect (Leeches RP every round until cured.Pierce (+2 Cost) - Negates target's Armor on this attack.Poison (+2 Cost) - Adds Poison effect. Stackable.Banish (+3 Cost) - Adds (Target's MP * 2) to PACC rolls.Despair (+3 Cost) - Sets target's RP to 0.================================================================Weapon Creation--------------------------------Axes - Lower ACCuracy, Higher Weapon Strength*Barehand - Does (STR ^ 2) / 4 Damage as base. Adds AGI to skill.Bows - Lower Weapon Strength, Higher Accuracy.Guns - Preset damages, Pierce Ability standard, Must spend round to reload.Spears - Lower Stats overall, Pierce Ability standard.Swords - Balanced Output.Weapon Levels Min Lvl 1, Max 10 5 Points Ability = 1 Weapon LevelWeapon-only abilities Note : RP Abilities can also be attached to weapons. Fury (+3 Cost) - Triples RP gains for attacking. Focus (+3 Cost) - Doubles MP gains when not focusing. [Element] Attack (+1 Cost) - Damage becomes 50% of chosen element. Weapon Strength (+1 Cost) - Increases the Weapon Strength by 1. Firepower (+1 Cost) - Equivalent to Weapon Strength for Guns. Increases the base Power by 15. Balance (+1 Cost) - Increases accuracy for the weapon by 5.Weapon Bases Sword - 0 Advantage. Axe - +2 WS. Spear - Pierce. Gun - Pierce, POW-based damage. Bow - +2 ACCLv 1 Weapons Sword - 3 WS, +10 ACC Axe - 4 WS, + 5 ACC Spear - 2 WS, + 5 ACC, Pierce Gun - 15 POW, +10 ACC, Pierce Bow - 2 WS, +15 ACCLegend Weapons (Level 12!) * Sword "Heavenly Storm" Darken, Stun, Disconnect, Poison 27 WS, +135 ACC * Axe "Berserk Fury" EX Attack A, EX Attack C, Fury 38 WS, +45 ACC * Spear "Rage of Dragons" Pierce, Banish, Poison, Fear, Fire Attack 34 WS, +16 ACC * Gun "Sentinel" Pierce, EX Attack A, EX Attack A 270 POW, +180 ACC================================================================</pre>

As you might guess, most of this was created as a method to create RP costs as well as weapons. Some of the effects I'm quite proud of, and others I'm not sure if they make sense the way they are or not.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nakibe>Nakibe</A] at: 4/23/03 1:14:05 am

Return to Character Closet