Philsys sheet...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Fish Knight

Philsys sheet...

Unread postby Fish Knight » Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:45 pm

Okay, done lurking now.

Been a while since I made a character sheet for anything, but I guess if I'm going to RP it's kind of important. So here's an attempt at a philsys sheet. It's been uploaded to a different site for convenience. Or inconvenience. Whatever, it's here: www3.telus.net/DarkKitsune/Chara.html

I'm looking for advice at this point more than anything. And I've done a few revisions, so there may be some inconsistencies for stats and stuff. So feel free to criticize me as much as possible, as I'm looking to get this right. <p>~~~

Has anyone ever seen a real hacker type in l33t?</p>

Ronin

Re: Philsys sheet...

Unread postby Ronin » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:00 pm

well, I think its pretty good, I didn't check your math, but hey, we all know that SD will, and trust me, he'll find every mistake......

but back to the matter at hand..........

I would suggest fleshing out your story a little more, like what he did while training, how he was beaten in the tournament, why he started fighting instead of knitting, etc, etc, etc..........

and you probably want to lower the cost of rapid punch, its only adding one or two more punches, so it should only cost a little bit.....

but its a very good try at your first character......

Le bon travail, essai de subsistance

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:06 pm

Just so you know, the bio isn't always that important, IMHO. Your RPing is what people will pay attention to, especially in regards to personality and whatnot. I think the bio's just fine.

Checked your math. It checks out as far as I can tell.

But before you jump headfirst into a PS RP, wait until someone like Brian checks over your techniques. I'm not sure if you charged yourself enough TP for them... <p>--------------------
"The only thing that makes the daily tedium bearable is knowing that I have power over life and death." -Chancellor Usurper, 8BT</p>

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:12 pm

"...he is often dishonest and somewhat egotistical...is always searching for weaker opponents to test his skill...will often speak without thinking, and has a tendency to offend people, accidentally or otherwise. Where fighting is concerned he is usually very overconfident and arrogant."

That is NOT a character with +4 Charisma.

Also, you have 26 skill points (20+2*2+1*2) and you spent 27 (4+3+4+4+4+(4+4+4+4)/2=19+8). Need to drop a regular skill by one rank or a support skill by 2. Also, you have 4 ranks in Unarmed that can be split between AT and PA still; that's something you'll want to do.

SD Edit: I looked at the non-math things. Here, the race "Cat-Boy" is usually called "Nekojin", and your char has no last name. Techs...those techs somehow look off, but those are so not my forte. I just know I would have done them differently, but that's the beauty of customization. Still, if you want help on those, you'll want a fourth opinion <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
CrayVernand: This conversation makes me a sad panda.
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>Edited by: Skull Dragon 2&nbsp; Image at: 4/14/03 11:18:33 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:43 pm

First, the name. Kuriko Kaze = Dude from FF: Unlimited. Kaze Treffon = Mage of Zeal. Therefore we'll need a way to distinguish your Kaze from these other two, so a last name would be helpful.

Second, the background. We know he fights, but why? Was his life saved by a fighter who he now wants to emulate? Is he just tired of getting his ass kicked? Did his village value martial arts? Questions we want answered, mainly because we don't like characters who simply exist to be combatative.

Third, the math. See what SkullD said.

Fourth, the skills/abilities. I'm no expert on PhilSys, but I'll throw these opinions out: One, all those abilities should have a cost of at least one greater than what they have now. The last one should cost 4 TP, minimum. Two, the tripple shot attacks should all have increasing penalties to each attack (ie, either a decrease in damage for every hit, or a penalty to attack roll, possibly both). Three, you should maybe have one or two non-combat skills to round out your character. Climbing is an interesting one, cooking would be another good one. (Cooking = all purpose filler skill, unless your character is blind.)

Fifth, the RPing. I'm not gonna say flat out your stats seem to contradict the character. I will say the seem to. Now if he were done something like Dias from Star Ocean 2/EX I can understand that, but that's not an easy task. Really, though, it's up to you.

That is all, arigato gosaimasta. <p>

Victory to the strong of will
Death to pretenders</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:51 pm

1.) Martial Arts and Unarmed, in my experience, are the exact same skill. Martial arts shouldn't even be available as a skill, though, as it could theoretically encompass a whole lot of weapon skills. So yeah, if you're just looking for a barefist fighter, hack off martial arts, find some other skill.

2.) Change it to a black text on a white background. Seriously. <p><center><table border=0><td>Image</td><td valign=CENTER><table bgcolor=#FFFFFF border=1><tr><td>
<font color="maroon">I am an arrogant bastard.

And now, since I want to be unique like everybody else, quotes:

"People don't seem to realize, it wasn't a powerful ass poke. It was a powerful poke, to the ass!" ~ Lord McBastard
"So what you're saying is that Nintendo and Sony are in league with each other, and possibly the Red Skull?" ~ EKDS5K</font>
</td></tr></table></td></table></center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:31 am

Backstory can be loose, but this Kaze; let us call him Kaze Bannister for now;really doesn't have much of a motivation to travel and Adventure.

Why did he want to become a great fighter? Is it because he used to be the little wussy boy everyone kicked around? Does he want to be a great hero, like Hakaril Silvar and Ash Fanrico? (two famous Characters here), does he want to come back and take over?

Also, there is a major discrepancy over Charisma and Personality. It can work in one way. Mr. Bannister could be drop dead gorgeous. So long as he keeps his mouth shut, people love him. But the second he says anything... :D <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:46 am

Well I don't honestly mind the lack of a second name, a few of my characters don't either and I tend to forget or misspell the ones that do *nods*

From what I can tell hes not for the adventure thing but for the wondering fighter type thing, like Ryu from SF my guess. In other words devoted to his study of martial arts. However I find it odd he would only ever fight people weaker then himself as someone who had dedicated so much time to his fighting abilities would surely seek stronger guys and gals so he could improve.

---

Actually reading through some of my TP costs yours don't seem to bad though they might make you redo Rapid Punch and Rapid kick and maybe Quick Strike. Maybe. But personally it seems fine now.

---

OH I find it VERY amusing that he only takes on weaker oppenents AND in a fight is "very overconfident and arrogant." I think I would be to if i knew the guy I was fighting WAS weaker =D

Archmage144

*laughs*

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:47 am

"Does he want to be a great hero, like Hakaril Silvar and Ash Fanrico?"

The ironic contrast here is that one of those people wanted to be a great hero and prides himself on it, while the other doesn't especially care and does what he does because it makes his life more interesting. XD

Choark

*coughs and adds*

Unread postby Choark » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:46 am

*coughs* And cause he thinks everyone else is too stupid to handle it *coughs*

*whistles innocently*

=D

Fish Knight

Unread postby Fish Knight » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:57 pm

www3.telus.net/DarkKitsune/Chara.html

About the personality/stat conflict: Everyone knows that dishonest and egotistical people end up running countries.

About the black background: My monitor is having... problems... with the colours shifting and changing. This seems to occur more frequently on white backgrounds. So I'm avoiding white in hopes to save it from a $250 replacement for another year, at least. I did change it to grey though.

If there's something important I haven't adressed, or something new I messed up on, don't hesitate to mention it. <p>~~~

Has anyone ever seen a real hacker type in l33t?</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:20 am

Background and personality are much better. I give them the seal of approval.

As for Techs, I love them to someone else. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:27 am

The techs are fine. Maybe you're penalizing people a bit too much, and the Jump Kick is a TAD on the bad side, but the others are fine.

Maybe shorten the -5 penalties to -3. That'll work nice. Take out the Jump Kick, and you're golden.

Return to Character Closet