Drawing weapons in Philsys

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Yari Koneko

Drawing weapons in Philsys

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:18 pm

I know it's not a major issue, but Skull Dragon, Ronin and I have come across a somewhat sticky problem: should changing weapons be counted as a free action at the beginning of a combat? (Obviously not any time at all, as a character could attack with a sword to do more damage and then switch back to a quarterstaff to increase his PA, thus making a big ol' exploit of the system.)

And if there is no weapon drawn, and it isn't a free action, what PA is used? Their unarmed combat ones? Or base PA?

This would actually become a deciding factor in PS situations such as alleyway ambushes and such; so I decided to ask the board (although for the Colosseum, it's up to SD). Should changing/drawing weapons be counted as a free action when a combat begins? <p>------------

There are no witty quotes. There is only Zool.</p>

Jak Snide

Re: Drawing weapons in Philsys

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:34 pm

Weapons are assumed to be drawn at the start of combat. If a character is caught without his weapon, his base PA is taken into account, after being modified for any armor he's wearing. Weapons can be changed as a free action on the character's turn. In the case of an ambush, the ambushed characters don't draw their weapons till their turn, and count as weaponless.

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:44 pm

Gotcha! ^_^ Thanks! <p>------------

There are no witty quotes. There is only Zool.</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:48 pm

No problem, mate.

Return to Character Closet