New Char Sheet (Philsys)

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Mechanisto

New Char Sheet (Philsys)

Unread postby Mechanisto » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:11 pm

Well, here's the char sheet for a certain character I've been mulling over for awhile. Everyone is welcome to offer comments, feedback and suggestions, or just tear it to pieces.

Illustration is right here:
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/duncanr/Urga_Design.jpg

--

name: Ur - age: 18 (48 human) - eyes: blue - hair: metallic gold - skin: pearl white - height: 7'10" - weight: 512 pounds

Ur's people are primitive by human standards, but posess a rich and complex culture, and a civilization resembling that of the ancient Aztecs. Their tribe is largely self-sufficient, and . Dance and performance hold an extremely respected rank among her society, with dancers holding authority akin to priests and historians of other races. Ur became enamored with the school of dance and song, and dedicated her life to both fields. Blessed since childhood with superior grace and agility, she progressed quickly. Upon reaching adolescence, she began to hone the martial and arcane side of her tribal skills, and soon learned to use traditional singing and dancing for the purposes of physical and psychological warfare. While she excelled at dance and song, she showed no interest in maintaining the higher social responsabilities expected of her; she was finally preassured into exile, but this only left her all the more eager to explore the outside world, with redoubled curiosity. The xenophobic nature of her race gives her little chance of returning to her people peacefully.

A carefree and mischevious sort, Urga is a Prismatic Saurian, a race similar to Draconian but with an influence from dinosaur and reptile blood rather than human. While she relishes a good fight, she prefers to talk, seduce or bedazzle a potential threat whenever possible; she is more of a finess or performance fighter. She inherits the fantastic beauty and irridescent scale-texture of her ancestors, but is often seen by more civilized races as an uninteligent half breed due to her quiet manner and difficulty with non-draconic language. Her objective in life is to learn as many dances as possible, and to explore as much of the world as she can, without being captured and sold as an exotic pet (at least, not too often).

--Basics--
Name: Ur Bazuli
RPer: MechanistoX
Race: Saurian

HP: 65/65
MP: Na
TP: 20/20
Initiative: 7+2d6
AT/PA: 10/10
-Weapon (Sticks): 13/11

--Attributes--
Courage +2
Wisdom +1
Intuition +2
Charisma +4
Agility +5
Dexterity +4
Strength +1
Stamina +2
Magic Aptitude: 0

--Equipment--
Doa Stick(x2)                         [TSC: 4, 8, X]        (AT/PA: +3/+1) (Str+1)
Doa is a plant similar to bamboo, though larger, heavier, and far more durable. Even a small section of preserved or dried Doa shoot can regrow and even flower, if planted in extremely wet soil (or even just water) and attended for a few weeks. These particular weapons have flute holes drilled into them, allowing them to functionally pass as harmless instruments outside of their culture of origin. Such weapons also make effective blowpipes, though the practice is not common.
Doa Sticks are thin enough that a thrust can inflict damage on an unarmored target, but they are primarily used to slash in a series of rapid, crushing blows. Their lightness compared to metal maces and cugels makes them especially nimble and easily manipulated, but they have insufficient shape to chop or hack.

These two flutes are Ur's only material posessions.

--Skills--
Ambidexterity - 4
Weapon (Stick) - 4 (AT/PA: +3/+1)
performance (Dance) - 4
Singing - 3
Instrument (Flutes & Pipes) - 1
[s]Dual Weapon Fighting - 4 <Dex>
[s]Natural Armor (Prismatic Scale) - 4 <Cou/Agi/Sta> (AC=15+Rank/2)
[s]Gymnastics - 3 [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=mechanistox>MechanistoX</A:] at: 4/14/03 11:00:02 pm
[/i]

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: New Char Sheet (Philsys)

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:24 pm

I think I looked over this before, and it was fine.

You just might want to make the techs a little shorter. Nobody's writing a novel up. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image
People, the edit button is your friend. Use it.</div></p>

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:33 pm

I would check your math, but you didn't do any of it. This char has no HP, AT/PA, Initiative, weapon damage, etc. <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
CrayVernand: This conversation makes me a sad panda.
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:36 pm

That's not really a big problem. I can do it in a few minutes, it's not like it'll make me commit suicide or something. <p>

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:42 pm

Except you can't do it all. The RPer decides how to split the weapon ranks to AT/PA. I'm just saying that this is the kind of thing that should be in a Philsys sheet. <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
CrayVernand: This conversation makes me a sad panda.
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:43 pm

Okay, point. But I can do everything else. It's not rocket science, and I've made my share of characters. <p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:49 pm

What a very odd thing to forget...

Anwyays, though it would have taken just as long for Squintz to check as it would to calculate, the AT/PA is now marked above. <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:09 pm

Where is this massive Aztec-like nonhuman Civilization no one has ever heard of located? <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:17 pm

There's enough room, he can shove them somewhere. <p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:22 pm

I'd just like to know where. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:43 pm

In retrospect, I think I was rather misleading about the population size; my bad. they are similar in style to the aztec's society and culture, but nowhere near the same population size. They only have one large city, nestled in the deepest heart of the unexplored <insert name> jungle.

Her home city is fairly decently large, but it's the only city they have. Not like they're a whole province or something, and it's not exactly a stroll down the road.

Does Gaera have any deep jungles/rainforests? <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:58 pm

There would be some in Argovia or Chuushima, I think.

Thing is, most Gaeran RPing happens in Igala. So, she'd have to hop a boat over. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:02 am

As a note, Pervy, it's not TOO hard to fit in new countries and whatnot. Characters can retrospectively know of them, the ones that need to, but never have reason to mention them in an RP. We can also pretend they were mentioned, or temporarily forgotten, etc. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:48 am

Well actually, she's been captured and sold as a slave or pet several times since she set out from her jungle, so she could concievably have been shipped across quite a few continents until she ended up in the most comercially active part of the world.

With that in mind, it's extremely unlikely she could identify her home on a map anyways, so there's no pressing need for her to know where her homeland is in the world. <p>---

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:39 pm

Technique descriptions have been mercifully shortened. Also changed the nature of "Flourish;" it's cheaper, and potentially more powerful, but it effectively broadcasts your next move.

Well, if everything looks good, I'll talk to someone over aim, and get it all done up for real. Thanks for feedback all! And if you got any more... keep it coming! <p>---

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:22 pm

Looks fine to me. Just gotta figure out the sudual damage that one tech does. <p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:00 pm

Hm... seems there arent any rules for subdual damage. How about this... treat it as a status ailment:

---
Status Ailment (Fatigue): 25
In any round where fatigue is greater than current HP, character is unconcious. Fatigue recovers by character's (Sta+5)/2.
---

A subdual attack deals double damage compared to a normal attack, but even if your Stamina is 0, it wears off at a rate of 2.5 points per round so it's less 'efficient'. <p>---

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:09 pm

I must, right now, express my immediate respect for Mechanisto X, who have made a very good character and have met several reprimands and correction with good faith and willingness to learn and change.

Kudos to you, and I hope that you will become an example of how you act and behave as a true RPGWW.

Seriously, thanks. You don't know how rare this is, especially with taking-the-shit-part. <p>
Take therefore no thought for the marrow: for the marrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34[/image]</div></p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:19 pm

Mech, there IS rules for subdual damage. It's like normal damage, but it it hits your HP, you get KO'd.

No need to complicate things. <p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:48 pm

Squintz: D'oh! Didn't realize there were rules for that. Nevermind then... it's all good.

ChristianC: Much appreciated, but I wanted feedback, and I got it without any sugarcoating. Seems normal to me. Image <p>---

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:51 pm

'kay. Well, you're fine then. <p>

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:23 am

Yah, it's just that we've been discussing heavily on this sort of thing at the Serious Board, and I got a little surprised this wasn't the standard reaction. XD

Well, could as well put my personal opinion on it... Hmm... You like the Amazon?

Well, the character is lovely, and I know what a bitch it is to make a PhilSys character. <p>
Take therefore no thought for the marrow: for the marrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34[/image]</div></p>

Return to Character Closet