Old char, new Philsys sheet

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
JoshuaDurron

Old char, new Philsys sheet

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:24 pm

Yeah... not sure if all the stuff I did here will work... so, feedback and stuff from the PS experts would be nice.

Character Sheet
Joshua Durron

Vitals
EXP: 0

HP: 60
MP: 90       
TP: 20
Initiative: 4 + 2d6
AT/PA: 7/7

Stats
Courage:                        4
Wisdom:                        5
Intuition:                       4
Charisma:                3
Agility:                        0
Dexterity:                0
Strength:                0
Stamina:                        1
Magical aptitude:              4

Total points:                21

Skills

Points to spend: 20+10+8 = 38

Weapon (Staff) lv. 2 <Cou/Agi/Str>
Healing Magic lv. 4 <Int/Wis/Mag>
Holy Magic lv. 4 <Int/Wis/Mag>
Benediction lv. 3 <Int/Wis/Mag>
Malediction lv. 3 <Int/Wis/Mag>
Summoning magic lv. 4 <Int/Wis/Mag>
Parry lv. 1 <Dex/Dex/Cou>
[k] Dumat’s Doctrine lv. 4
[k] Hontogami’s Doctrine lv. 4
[k] Holy Lore lv. 4
[k] Demon Lore lv. 4
[k] Undead Lore lv. 2
[s] Blind man’s Hearing lv. 4 (Req. Int. = 3)
[s] Pathfinding lv. 4 (Req. Int. = 3)
[s] Sense Evil lv. 4 (Req. Wis. = 3, Int. = 3, Mag. = 4)
[s] Two-Handed Weapon’s fighting lv. 4
[s] Blind Fighting lv. 4

Points spent: 2 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 38

Abilities/Spells

[Healing = 1] Cure (7 MP) - Heals one target, restoring 8+rank*2+1d6 HP. Some targets may be damaged for the same amount instead (undead, for example) and some may not be affected at all (powerful shadow-based creatures).
[Healing = 4] Cure 2 (18 MP) - Heals one target, restoring 15+rank*4+2d6 HP. Some targets may be damaged for the same amount instead (undead, for example) and some may not be affected at all (powerful shadow-based creatures).
[Healing = 4, Benediction = 3] Stimulus (22 MP) – Heals one target, restoring 12+rank*3+2d4 HP and giving a +1 to Cou for the next two turns.

[Holy = 2] Smite (5 MP) – Does 8+rank*2+1d6 damage to a single target.
[Holy = 4] Purify (20 MP) – A draining ritual that focuses the entire will of the caster on a cursed object in an attempt to remove dark, unfriendly magic. Odds of success are up to the GM, but chances will slowly improve with repeated use.
[Holy = 4, Malediction = 2] Holy Bind (15 MP) – A spell cast to bind the freedom of the target. Will immediately tie some creatures with shining bands (most undead, lesser demons), do nothing to others (greater demons, undead such as liches and barrow wights) and stuns others (mortal creatures, or basically anything not a demon or undead creature) for two rounds.
[Holy = 4, Malediction = 3] Holy Scourge (24 MP) – A spell of divine wrath, which deals 12+holy rank*3+2d4 damage and decreases that AT/PA of the target by 1 for the next two turns.
[Holy magic = 4, Summoning = 4, Holy Lore = 4] Summon Cherubim (20 MP) – Summons a lesser celestial to strike those opposing the caster, within a ten foot area, for 10+(holy + summoning) rank*2+2d6 damage.

[Malediction = 3] Blind (8 MP) – If successfully cast, the target is blinded until the status effect is removed.

[Benediction = 3] Barrier (6 MP) – Targets one friendly character, granting a +2 to all evasion rolls and damage resistance rolls.

Equipment

Heavy Robes
Quarter Staff
Holy Pendant

Background: Durron's background is pretty well covered in other places, so I'll give the short version here: Born in a remote village, raised to server Saint Thomas Dumat. At the age of ten, he was visited by a celestial and give the right to see visions of the future, when they were sent by heaven. At the same time, he was struck blind. He claims to have maintained contact with the celestials ever since. At the age of fourty (fairly old by this time) he left his home village for unknown reasons (he's never spoken of them) and never returned. That was about ten years ago, and he now roams the Gaeran countryside, attempting to limit the damaging influences of magic whenever possible, and lending a hand in any possible. <p>

Victory to the strong of will
Death to pretenders</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 4/11/03 9:46:07 pm

Skull Dragon 2

Re: Old char, new Philsys sheet

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:37 pm

[s]Two-Handed Weapon Fighting is a Dex/Dex/Dex skill. You have four ranks in a skill for which your base stats added together are 0. If that's not wrong, I have some chars to rework. <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
CrayVernand: This conversation makes me a sad panda.
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:42 pm

I count 22 Stat points above. <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:48 pm

>_> I was told that there was no stat base on Support skills, otherwise I would have had to tamper with that, yes. Also, you might be thinking of Double Weapon fighting, which is for a weapon in each hand, as opposed to Two-Handed, which is for using a two handed weapon.

ALSO: Forgot to remove a point in Magic when I witched it to Int. Thanks for pointing that out <p>

Death to pretenders</p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:59 pm

EDITED

I'm a moron who doesn't know how to read other people's posts before correcting them.

Carry on. <p>---
You travel from system to system in the ships you create, colonizing worlds and creating new technologies. These are things that every sensible person wants to do. </p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=mechanistox>MechanistoX</A] at: 4/11/03 10:12:05 pm

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:29 pm

I'm familiar with the different between two-handed weapons and two weapons handled. I'm this far from writing a treatise on it. But now I can move some points from Dex and put them into things that are useful. I've learned my lesson -- never look at other people's char sheets for information you cna use on your own. <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:33 pm

I'm not entirely clear on this myself, SkullD... might want to wait for Squintz, or some other PS expert to chime in before you do that... <p>

Death to pretenders</p>

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:43 pm

And I count 40 SP spent when you said you only had 38.

2+4+4+3+3+4+1+(4+4+4+4+2+4+4+4+4+4)/2=
21+(38)/2=
21+19=

SD Edit: I also count 85 MP and a base AT/PA of 8/8.

SD Edit 2: Just now I noted that you only asked for help from the PS experts. Feel free to disregard the above. <p>
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>Edited by: Skull Dragon 2&nbsp; Image at: 4/11/03 10:47:00 pm

Return to Character Closet