Philsys Char sheet

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Pyro Pawz

Philsys Char sheet

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:03 pm

Just want to get some people to look at this and tell me what I did wrong so I can try and fix it.

Aynda <p>~Pyro

AIM: PyroPawz
E-mail: pyropaws@cyberdogtech.com

<><><>

"Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss</p>

pd Rydia

Re: Philsys Char sheet

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:15 pm

Couple of qualms with her backstory. Well, it needs a good spell check for one...for another, Gaera really doesn't have witches in the same sense that old Earth "had" them...I don't really think Gaera has the pointy-hat, anti-witch stereotype.

I could be wrong about this, as my main area of expertise is eastern Igala. Argovia, Chuushima, or Prandia could be different or have areas that are different.

I'll leave the PS bit up to someone better at that stuff than I. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe (Nakibe)</span></p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 4/8/03 11:31:02 pm

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:28 pm

We also frown upon the metric system. <p>

"Things should be harder to understand, harder to use, and as painful as possible. Pain builds character."</p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:33 pm

I like the sheet. Well done. And it's good you put it into an .html file. I haven't checked the math, but I'm sure it's fine. It seemed to check out. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image
People, the edit button is your friend. Use it.</div></p>

Ronin

Unread postby Ronin » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:20 am

(it is now time for ronin to act like he knows stuff):P

I like it, you could probably flesh out the background story a little more, I didn't know you could take a skill twice, maybe just a typo, mite wanna check it, I like the dry herbs spell, very creative, I'm still unclear on a few issues about at/pa, (hint hint, smart people go to my thread please) but otherwise it looks great good job.

Skull Dragon 2

Unread postby Skull Dragon 2 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:28 am

Unless you're talking about [k]Potions and [k]Poisons, I don't see two skills on there that are the same. I figured the AT/PA as well as I could and I don't see any issues with it personally. Anybody too lazy to convert metric to American and vice versa deserves to be confused. I abstain from comment on the backstory. <p>
Please direct abundant junk and hate mail at the following person, the only spammer yet dumb enough to provide a name and address: <div style="text-align:center">Chris Schenk 400 Sunrise Dr. # 17 Leitchfield KY 42754</div>
CrayVernand: This conversation makes me a sad panda.
Arch mage144: No, polymorph spells and a failed resist roll do.</p>

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:45 am

I think it's possible to have witches actually. They could be a small cult of people that would want to deviate from the mages. Witches seems a lot loike shamans and well mages do wear pointy hats..... <p>

Words to live by:
OMG PRIAM: ninja sex would be neither felt nor seen by either partner
OMG PRIAM: each would just suddenly need a smoke
Choark: Good luck there. You'll have to shit out darkness and send people into oblivion.</p>

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:18 pm

The math checks out, I did it just now. I like the sheet. Once again, good job! <p>

<div style="text-align:center">Image
People, the edit button is your friend. Use it.</div></p>

Pyro Pawz

Unread postby Pyro Pawz » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:33 pm

I can easily take the part about the witches out, the char itself was actually based on a witch-like character I had from before. I was still thinking in "Earth" mode, where there are such things as witches.

~beams~ Thanks for the help. Now I just need a nice RP in which to put her. <p>~Pyro

AIM: PyroPawz
E-mail: pyropaws@cyberdogtech.com

<><><>

"Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" Dr. Seuss</p>

Ronin

ehhh, oops

Unread postby Ronin » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:02 am

ok, this is the last time I post after 3 o'clock, there is potions and poisons, I am stupid, sorry, otherwise looking good.

tres manific!

pd Rydia

Re: ehhh, oops

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:09 am

Hm...if this witch is like a Wiccan witch, and pulls energy from the earth... Well, Gaera has some worshippers of Gaera/earth that could pull energy from there, and I think that would be suitably looked down upon by traditional magic users. Not a great deal, and not by everyone though. But could definately be frowned upon or considered deviant. <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>

Jak Snide

Re: ehhh, oops

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:08 am

Such magic users might have difficulty mixing with standard magic users, seeing how magic is quite a science on Gaera, in general.

Return to Character Closet