Clark's (Re) Introduction to RPing

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Clark

Clark's (Re) Introduction to RPing

Unread postby Clark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:10 am

Fwipped from my intro thread:

I also feel an urge to whip up a quick "nice" or "has sword, might travel" type guy in PS, and then, proceed to actually play using that system. Hopefully I'll get a better grasp of it this time around.

EDIT: This is because I tend to get bogged down in Character Creation type stuff and then bogged down in introductions, all the while still having an incomplete sheet floating there.

Anyway, I figure this not as some kind of excuse to play some sort of "powerlevel 9000!" character, but rather a character who is simple to make, and simple to use.

I don't like making or playing brooding loner guys, so no worries there.

What this is though is me being humble and admitting that well, maybe I don't remember it all, and also, even humbler (humblier?), that I might not have gotten it right the first time.

PS number crunchy stuff certainly, but also, the more ethereal bit, the RP bit.

So I want to jump back in with both feet, so to speak, and fix up a sort of "tutorial character."

Clark

Unread postby Clark » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:22 pm

EDIT: Now for a more serious go at it.

"John Smith" is the son of a farming couple who live somewhere outside of Doma city. His family falls into debt as their crop of [Doman farming good (corn?!?)] fails. While his parents try to recover and work things out with the collectors, "John" decides to travel to the capitol in search of work.

Stats:

Should be tough enough for farm work.
Not sure about anything else though

Areas of expertise:

Common level of education, literacy and all that.
One or two handed swordsmanship
Farming skills.
Hiking.
Other outdoorsy skills.

EDIT2: Serious goes up top.

Quick character concept.

Young No-name, is from a small Doman Town. His parent are in mediumly substaintial debt. No-name decides to head to Doma looking for work.

Significant qualities (by comparison to other, more well knownish types?!?)

More affable and less of a loner than Kamos.
-Will talk to folks.
-In a generally friendly manner, that is.

Slightly less self-preservation than Kelne.
-"Adventuring" won't be his first job choice, but ehh... he'll go. ( hey wait, so does Kelne... )

Less cute than a moogle ( pick one, the lancer or the dancer ).
-Humans are not so bad

Smarter than a minion
-But still pretty good with a shovel I suppose.

Less smart than Hakaril
-Doesn't know how to ginsu up the astral.

And so on. I figure this is a simple enough background without being some kind of MCFy type. He has a general enough motivation that he'll be able to get into whatever sort of thing pops up, but a motivation specific enough to ensure he gets into something.

Any idea on what's a good amount for the debt? Is this whole thing even a good idea?

Clark

Unread postby Clark » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:54 am

Putting Character into new clean post:

Background:

"John Smith" is the son of a farming couple who live somewhere outside of Doma city. His family falls into debt as their crop of [Doman farming good (corn?!?)] fails. While his parents try to recover and work things out with the collectors, "John" decides to travel to the capitol in search of work.

Stats:

Cou: 3
Wis: 2
Int: 4
Cha: 2
Agi: 2
Dex: 2
Str: 4
Sta: 2
Mag: 0

Stat points left: 0

HP: 65/65
MP: 30/30
TP: 25/25

Init: 3.5

Str AT/PA: 13/13
Dex AT/PA: 11/11

MAtk: 6
MDef: 20
ME: 18

Skills:

Swords 4
Bows 4
[s]Balance 4- [Agi=2]
[s]Observant 4- [Int=3]
Animal Handling/training 4 - [Cou/Cha/Wis]
Cooking 4 - [Int/Int/Dex]
Tracking 4- [Int/Int/Sta]
[k]Farming 4(2)
[k]Survival 4(2)

Are these ok? I can't think of many farm related "fleshing out" skills, so I decided he'd do some hunting as a pastime and alternate food source, hence the bow, tracking and survival stuff. Sorry Druids.

Skill points left: 0

I actually wanted to hold off on spending all the skill points till I figured out what sort of a job he'd get... but that's kind of a catch-22 situation right there.

Return to Character Closet