Get to Know the Character

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Get to Know the Character

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:45 am

This forum needs more activity. It's boring and lonely in here. So!

Ask a question, any question. The next person answers in character and offers a question of his/her own. It doesn't have to be profound and insightful. Just something for people to answer.

I'll start. Do you prefer using violence or diplomacy to try and sort out issues?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:55 am

Kamos: "...I'm a mercenary. Obviously, this means that I get paid to hurt things. I've yet to see a job where I have been hired to simply -talk- to the supposed enemy, and I don't exactly rely on such a thing either. If they want a negotiator, they hire a negotiator. I'm just the guy they hire when someone needs shot. Or killed with magic. Whatever works better."

"...of course, that's not to say I'd even consider the idea of hurting Deeum over any dispute. So I guess it's situational. ...most of the time, though, it's with violence."

Next question: What are your favorite and least favorite normal foods, drinks, and desserts? May say why if you want, but it's not necessary.

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 am

Joss: I like lamb. Never liked spinach, not cooked anyway.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:00 am

I'll start. Do you prefer using violence or diplomacy to try and sort out issues?

Jak: "Convincing someone to do something they don't want to without having to resort to threats of second degree burns is always favorable. It spares them a donation to the Ashuran temple and spares me the process of explaining just how uncooperative they were being.

Now, what's the furthest from home you've ever been?"

Edit: Damnit you two :[

Edit: Uh oh! Now someone has to answer two! Are any of you a bad enough dude to save the thread? -Kai

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:08 am

Answer #1: Fal: ...people...grow? *blinks, then eyes widen, imagining a 50-foot-tall Zea*

Answer #2: Fal: ...here, I guess would be an appropriate answer to this inquiry. ...I don't even have the ability to recall as to where I came to be to begin with...

Question: What do you do in your off-days most typically when you're not kicking ass/taking names/whatever the hell you do on adventure-y stuff?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:19 am

Myrnal: I play with my dog. Big three-legged wolfhound named Heinrich. He's about as smart as your average bag of hammers, but he's a good dog.

Same question!

enchantedsleeper
Self-Confessed Roleplaying Addict

T___T

Unread postby enchantedsleeper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:30 am

*cries*

Okay, fine. I have to face up to this stupid question sometime.

Essie: I get as high as I can, away from everything else, and just sit there. Usually with a cat or two. I can't help it if they follow me up there!

Sometimes I do a bit of craft work. I'm not bad at making jewellery... wood carvings...

Then I wait for Alyssa to drag me back down again. ><

Oh, right, I have to ask another question. Um. Most embarrassing moment?

(If I ask it, then hopefully I won't have to answer it later).

PriamNevhausten
Holy Order of the Crimson Ballpoint

Unread postby PriamNevhausten » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:30 am

edit: DOH someone beat me to it, too =( Well, the next person after me answers two, too!

Kurt Eldridge: Well, when I'm not at work in the lab, I'm usually out getting potions and materials for....wait, that's work too, I suppose. I guess making sure Milo doesn't trip over himself when he gets the idea in his head to get some liquor in him kind of counts as work, too.

You know, I haven't had a lot of fun lately. Way back when, I used to fence, and I kind of miss it, though I don't think I would dedicate the time to it these days even if i had a proper saber.

I guess for now, I'm kind of 'living the dream' as the street kids say. Thankfully I have a benefactor who provides enough that I don't have to do work outside of my own endeavors, and who doesn't really ask me for anything in return that I would not have provided anyway. It's a simple life, in all its complexities.

What are your pet peeves?
"You haven't told me what I'm looking for."
"Anything that might be of interest to Slitscan. Which is to say, anything that might be of interest to Slitscan's audience. Which is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, Laney, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections."
--Colin Laney and Kathy Torrance, William Gibson's Idoru

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:42 am

Shada: Most embarrassing moment... It was a long time ago, kind of fuzzy... I remember there was a bucket involved... and the cat angel woman... It was a bad day. Definitely a very bad day.

As for my Pet Peeves... When someone acts or speaks callously. You wouldn't think it, since I hang around with the people I do, but usually they're more sarcastic than they are really and truly uncaring. I could name some names, though.

Hm. What's the hardest thing you've ever done? That you can remember anyway.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:49 am

Zeiren: My most embarassing moment? Well...I guess I could say it happened after that two-month Argovian vacation. Classes were reinstated and all, and I was still suffering from jet lag, so...I kind of fell asleep.

...what, you thought sleeping was the embarassing thing? No, no, see, thing is, I have a tendency to select classes for their teachers, usually rigging it so I get the hot ones. Anyway, after waking up, I did the whole yawn-and-stretch thing, right?

...and accidently placed a hand on the instructor's boobs. Turns out she was entering the lecture hall. ...this led to some messed up shit right there. She said she was flattered for some reason or other...but, uh...then she also gave me double work due in half the time that day. ...I still can't figure out whether she was angry or not. ...people still won't leave me alone about that.

As for my pet peeves? Smelly people. Also, people like that one weirdo who followed me around all day that day. That was...ugh.

So, favorite moment or time in your life?
Edit: Damnit, Bes.

enchantedsleeper
Self-Confessed Roleplaying Addict

Unread postby enchantedsleeper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:53 am

x3 People are so keen to post in this thread that they do it at the same time as each other. Never mind. There was only one question, so I'll take that.

Essie: ...The hardest thing? Ah, fucked if I know. Oh, wait, yeah I do. Admitting to Alyssa I couldn't swim.

In fact, that was my most embarrassing moment as well. Shit. I shouldn't have answered.

Fine, my question: Who's your worst enemy?

Edit: Ah, the other person also asked something.

Fuck, another question? Okay, fine. I won a fight against Alyssa once. That was pretty good.

Happy now?

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Tai: You don't seem very happy, so that makes me happy. Very selectively though. Too much of anything is a bad thing, you know.

Question: When are you at your strongest?

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Seryntas: "My strongest? Huh, that ain't a twister of a question. When everything's on the line and it's time to let go, I thrown down my fears, pick up my sword, and roar, and then anyone tries to get in my way, they're finding out quick exactly how much it is I weigh. In armor, no less."

What would you put your life on the line for?
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."
-Hermes, the Iliad (Stanley Lombardo, translator) Book 21

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 pm

Myrnal: Anything that seems like it's worth more than I am. Which, now that I'm thinking about it, is a lot of things.

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 pm

Damian: I'd actually say I'm at my best I suppose... hm.... I suppose its when I'm able to protect someone I care about in my own way. This usually involves a dark alley or similar convenience, as much as I'm loath to admit it. It makes me feel too much like a common thief. Ah, well.

Also : Serran wishes to tell Zeiren that maybe one day he'll get his hands on a boob again....

As for the Question : What do you feel is your worst quality?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 pm

BLARRR DOUBLEPOST.
"Tell you what, Leto, I won't fight with you. Zeus' wives are pretty tough customers. You have my permission to boast openly that you have beaten the daylights out of me."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Boreas: "Ambidextrous, bitches! But I shoot righty, and that's what counts."

What do you do to indulge yourself?

EDIT: Naki answers a question super-late but while I'm posting, so Boreas will answer two!

Boreas: "My worst quality?! I don't have one! I AM THE PERFECT MAN. BOW BEFORE ME.

...no, seriously, it's that sometimes I don't know when to stop. I'll get into something like a joke or something and I'll miss all the cues that people want me to shut the fuck up."

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:15 pm

Zea: My worst quality is that it's really easy for me to forget to go out and do things just because I enjoy them. I can be kind of a workaholic.

Holly: To indulge myself I go shopping, usually to buy things for my friends. There isn't much that I want, but Xevan likes things he'll never buy for himself.

Why do you wear clothes?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Sorune:I go into the garden, talk with the plants, and have a nice little discussion with them about blooming, fertility, and the fragility of life. Sher'khan usually eats something while I'm doing this, of course.

As for my question to all of you...what is your opinion towards magic-users that manipulate life and death?

(Also, because people are posting crazy-fast, a second answer as well!)

Sher'Khan:Clothes? Oh. Only if small children do it to me, and that's just because I know better than to eat them.

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:20 pm

Xevan: ...because public nudity is socially unacceptable.

What qualities do you envy in others?

Oniichan

Unread postby Oniichan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Mercutio: Life and death? Honestly, necromancers what good are they? Except perhaps if I want to scam a vampire. A vampire for his secret vampire gold... VAMPIRE GOLD!? Quickly Kite, to the scam mobile!

Mercutio: I envy vampire gold currently.

Mercutio Question: Which of you lovely ladies (and gents, if you really must) want a date with the gods gift to women?

Real Question: If you were given one chance to kill your arch-nemesis how would you do it?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:52 pm

Telerak: With my sword.

What were you like as a kid?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Tassi: My parents actually found me somewhat alarming. I spoke with another accent and was... well, a bit more mature for my age than they'd expected.

Same question!

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:39 pm

Tai: Louder and more rambunctious, but more filled with that human emotion that I understand is called love. For my parents mostly. I was only half of what I am today back then though.

Let's have more kiddie talk. Same question!

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:04 am

Tolaris:A bit of a brat, really. I was getting into fights, doing a little bit of stealing, and was just generally a rascal. I got a good education from mum though, before she passed on...and then taking care of my sister made me grow up rather quickly.

But enough about that! What is/would be your one wish, if you could get one granted from Ishtar herself?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:00 am

Seryntas: I...um...I don't want nothin'. IM: I just wanna be normal...feel like I got one mind...wakin' up every day knowing my thinking's gonna be a nice, straight line.

What's your favorite music like?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Zeiren: V-Rock and N-Rock, mainly. Also, I like those cheesy-but-hot-blooded Nekonian songs somewhat. ^^;

Why do you use the weapon or particular magic you use primarily? What is about it that makes you select it over others?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:44 pm

Kelne: The longsword, for convenience. It's a fairly common weapon, so if I happen to lose mine, I can probably find another. Unlike various exotic or magic weapons. Plus, I don't have to worry about scrounging ammunition.

If you had to choose one person to be marooned with on a desert island, who would it be and why?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Ake Tanner: "Quinn. Why? Insatiably sexual. And then after I was too exhausted to have sex anymore, she could use those wings of hers and fly to get help."

What is your favorite story, be it book, legend, movie, etc. (as appropriate to your setting)?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 am

Joss: I read this poem about Freneth once, about why smoke and fire rise into the air. I don't remember all of it because I was really young, but the basic gist of it is that Freneth is up above us and when someone makes a fire she reaches down to touch the ground. When she pulls her hand back, the smoke and fire follow her because they miss her.

It was just kind of a cool mental image.

What's the last situation you'd ever want to find yourself in?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:12 pm

Seryntas: Naked in public.

What are/were your parents like?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:16 am

Sher'Khan:Lessee. Dad tried to eat me when I was a kitten, and mum had to smack the hell out of him to stop him from doing it. Of course, I got kicked out of home before I was even a year old, so I can't remember them too well...

Now, my question! If you were an animal, which one would you be? Those that say tiger will be promptly eaten.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:53 am

Gillet: Something large and powerful. Like a gorilla or a bear or something.

Boxers or briefs?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Hideki: Briefs.

Would you rather be captured by Valthi scientists or Barian scientists?

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:51 pm

Ake: I feel like Valthi scientists have less of that psycho "All Hail Great Leader" thing going on than the Barians do. I don't trust that emotion, so Valthi.

How do you want to die?

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 am

Zeiren: With one or more beautiful women--preferably with not much in the way of clothes--near me. ...I think I've earned that, haven't I?

Would you rather spend a month locked in a room with someone very very smelly, someone very very violent, or someone very very weird?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:16 am

Sorune:I've already been doing all three with Sher...oh, right, he'll eat me if I admit that. Well, oddity is generally more amusing and interesting than either of the others-and violent people tend to have to be restrained, which can get tiring. Smelly...after a while you get used to smell, but strange people are always most interesting. So, I'd go with someone weird.

Now for my question! In my studies, I've found that plants can cause a variety of embarassing effects, some of them more esoteric than others...so, would you prefer to eat something that only made you tell the truth for a month, be unable to speak altogether for a week, or be unable to stop speaking at the top of your lungs about whatever was on your mind for a day?

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 am

Myrnal: Unable to speak for a week. If I had to tell the truth all the time, people around me might start finding out more things than they really need to know. It's best for everyone if I just don't say anything.

Same question!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm

Sigov: Telling the truth for a month. ... Don't give me thast look, think about it. Do I lie in my job anyway? Not really; Not to my superiors, who are going to think I'm insane if I can't shut the hell up, or will think I've got an attitude problem if I won't talk at all. I'm not going to lie to my boyfriend... Trust thing, ya know? So then the only problem are my friends on base... And then if they ask me something stupid, I can just glare and not answer at all until they change the subject.

What do you do for fun on weekends, or whenever you're not at some kind of job?

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Tai: Whether or not I have a job is up in the air, but I do a lot of travelling in my spare time outside of Doma. While I'm here, I enjoy a good game of Mah Jong or pruning my garden.

...I know, I didn't say terrorizing the populace. Deal with it.

Question: Fight to the end and die with honor, or flee to fight again another day?

Next

Return to Character Closet