Long Family PS Sheets

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
ManganoManda

Long Family PS Sheets

Unread postby ManganoManda » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:31 pm

The Tsung Family with the exception of Miang are probably NPCs in the Roleplaying world. So instead of starting them all at level 1 and never getting them where I role-play them. I just wanted to portray them in Phil System as they would be if they were PCs.

I might NPC Miang and bump up her levels a few as well. The jury is still out on how I feel about that.

Table of Contents:
1. Dei Jun Tsung
2. Li Rong Tsung
3. Aolong Tsung
4. Mei Lin Tsung
5. Long Tsung
6. Cheng Tsung
7. Sheng Tsung
8. Miang Chen Tsung Ex'Valcrist
9. Jing Mei Tsung

Manga no Manda

Dei Jun Tsung

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 pm

Story:

Dei Jun Tsung of the Family Ling-ho in his youth was quite the adventurer. He reveled in his freedom to run across Terumahilana. He abandoned his responsibilities as a son of Ling-ho and rejected the lifestyle of one of the Tsung elite, though he is arguably the most talented member of that clan since Ling-ho herself.

Instead he gave himself over to the road. He wanted to see the various landscapes, meet the multitudes of people, and seek his own brand of enlightenment through experiencing every facet of life with his own two hands. For one hundred years he journeyed. He saw things that were so wonderful he wept, things so sad he screamed. He made many friends and seemed to lose the same amount either to time or conflict. Still he was positive that the road of life he chose was the right one for him and continued to make a name for himself with his back turned to fame and fortune.

Unfortunately, his carefree life and amazing deeds attracted the eyes of another Tsung. A woman named Li Rong was determined to have him has her husband. The two clashed many times along the road, Dei Jun escaping with his pride and a few major injuries each time, as well as his freedom.

When the war between clans reached a boil however, Dei Jun, the prodigal son, returned to his clan. There he battled along side his rival Li Rong and his family, namely, his younger brother Jin Yun. Sometime in between he lost all of his money to Li Rong in a Mah Jong game. She gave him a final chance to regain his money and honor or lose his freedom and marry Li Rong.

The two have two daughters Mei Lin and Aolong. Aolong bore him all of his grandchildren. He now spends his elder years taming bonsai and keeping his grandsons out of trouble.

Name:
RPer: Nekogami
Race: Long
Height: 6’0
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Grey

Level: 20
XP: 0/32500
Max HP: 105
Max MP: 160
Max TP: 150
Initiative 17-21

Courage: 10
Wisdom: 10
Intuition: 10
Charisma: 2
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 2
Strength: 5
Stamina: 10
Magic Aptitude: 6

Skills:
[k]Lanese History
[k]Northern Common
[k]Bonsai Craft
[k]Calligraphy
[k]Herb knowledge
[k]Terumahilanan Magical Creature Knowledge
[k]Poisons
[k]Temporal Theory
[s]Element Melding - <Mag>
[s]Evade Physical - Manga no Manda&nbsp; Image at: 11/29/06 16:27
[/i]

Manga no Manda

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:43 am

Story:

Li Rong Tsung is the veritable princess of the Ling Ho clan. The question of her origins is under a great deal of suspicion but few are willing to openly express their doubt that she is from the main branch family or even that she was born of the Ling Ho clan.

She was raised by Hei Mi Tsung, matriarch of the Ling Ho clan until she died at the ripe age of 427, passing the ruling of the family to Li Rong, who quickly gave it to her cousin, Po. Instead, it seemed that Li Rong ruled through Po while maintaing her own freedom.

When she got word that there was a Tsung sorceror possibly more powerful than she, Li Rong felt compelled to meet this man and test his mettle. However, when she encountered him his rejection of her in favor of freedom interested her greatly. Most Tsung men cowed at the chance to even meet her, for their progeny would surely be renowned by scholars.

Li Rong pursued Dei Jun as a game and after many great battles with him it was a game of Mah jong that secured Dei Jun as her own. She promised him that if he could ever defeat her she would allow him his freedom again but he has so far never taken her up on the offer.

Name:
Height: 6’0
Hair color: Grey

Level: 20
XP: 0/32500
Max HP: 105
Max MP: 160
Max TP: 150
Initiative 17-21

Courage: 10
Wisdom: 10
Intuition: 10
Charisma: -1
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 5
Strength: 5
Stamina: 10

Skills:
[k]Lanese History
[k]Northern Common
[k] Lanese Musical Instruments
[k]Calligraphy
[k]Herb knowledge
[k]Terumahilanan Lore
[k]Poisons
[k]Temporal Theory
[s]Element Melding - <Mag>
[s]Holy resistance - <Cou/Int/Mag>
[s]Magic Resistance - <Cou/Int/Mag>
[s]Observant - <Int>
[s]Pain Resistance - <Sta>
Animal handling/training - <Cou/Cha/Wis>
Astral Combat - <Cou/Int/Int>
Astral Sight - <Mag/Int/Wis>
Counterspell Magic - <int/wis/mag>
Dark Magic - <Int/Wis/Mag>
Dark Prayer -<Mag/Int/Int>
Dragon Magic - <Mag/Wis/Int>
Enchanting Magic - <Mag/Int/Wis>
Etiquette (Articulate Speaker) - <Cou/Cha/Int>
First aid - <Int/Dex/Dex>
Flight - Manga no Manda&nbsp; Image at: 12/13/06 9:43
[/i]

Nekogami

Aolong Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

Mei Lin Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

Long Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:32 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

Cheng Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:32 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

Sheng Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:33 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

Miang Chen Tsung Ex'Valcrist

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:33 am

Story:
Aolong is Miang Natural mother but when she became pregnant by a Chen thief she abandoned her with the thief's wife, Fa. Fa raised Miang like her own and never revealed that Miang was not her natural child. Home life was abusive for Miang and Fa. Chen raped Miang and Fa multiple times and beat them mercilessly as he fell into alcholism and debt.

One day, unable to pay of a mah jong debt, he decided to sell 10 year old Miang into slavery. Fa could not bear to see Miang suffer in the slave trade and commited suicide, ordering Miang to run away when her father realized what she had done.

Devastated and afraid Miang escaped to Heian and joined a small all girls gang. She was the leader for a short time before another girl made life too difficult and Miang eventually left. After that time, she was a free-lance thief.

Attempting to rip off a Liu assassin, proved to be both a curse and a blessing. The raped her at first but decided to keep Miang as a consort for a time, teaching her Liu style martial arts and improving her skills as a thief. She and assassin eventually parted ways amicably but Miang caught wind of a powerful Tsung trader looking for her. She hopped a ship going to Doma and soon found her life changed forever.

She lives with Taiar Siru Valcrist, her ex-husband from a forced marriage by her mother Aolong, in an apartment in the slums but she has her own home, an abandoned barn north of Doma that she occasionally frequents.

Name: Miang Chen Tsung Ex'Valcrist
Height: 5’8
Hair color: Deep Purple

Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 65
Max TP: 25
Initiative Bonus: 5.5

Courage: 3
Wisdom: -1
Intuition: 2
Charisma: 0
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 3
Stamina: 2

Strength Based AT/PA Bonus :12
Dexterity Based AT/PA Bonus: 11
Magical Attack :7
Magical Block : 18
Missile Evasion: 20

Maximum Skill Points 22 Left
Skill Name
[k]Lanese History- 2
[k]Northern Common-1.5
[k]Lanese Musical Instruments--2
[k]Herb knowledge-2
[k]Terumahilanan Lore-2
[s]Dragon Breath
Cooking - <Int/Int/Dex>-2
First Aid - <Int/Dex/Dex>-2
Flight<Agi>- 2
Ki Usage - <Int/Cou/Mag>2
Pickpocketing <Cou/Int/Dex>- 2
Soul Manipulation- 2
Liu Assassin Style Martial Arts 4- <Cou/Agi/Str>
Shadow Magic - <Int/Wis/Mag>2
Teleportation - <Int/Wis/Mag>1

Spells and Techniques
[Innate] Shadow Alignment (no cost): Miang is a Shadow clan Long. She recieves a 50% base damage reduction from shadow-based attacks; as she increases in level (5, 10, 15, 20) this bonus increases (by 25% pre increment). However, she recieves double damage from holy attacks, and cannot be healed by holy elemental spells

[Innate] Ki Flight 5 TP per round- Long fly by 'swimming' through ki pressure. Ki is pure spirit energy and the long tendrils on their backs help them to 'thicken' the ki energy around them allowing them to 'swim' through the resultant pressure. They can reach heights of 10*Level.

[Innate] Acid Spitting 6 TP- Shadow Long are able to generate corrosive acid with a tar-like color and consistency to disable their prey or attacker. The acid is strong enough to corrode most metals and does not dilute in water making it very powerful and impossible to wash off. It does Level*3d6 damage for 1d6 rounds.

[Innate] Corrosion Breath 3 TP- The original form of the Shadow Long's breath is a blackish gas that corrodes much like the acid. It's toxic to inhale since it's begins to eat away at the lung tissue. It will slowly corrode skin and is impossible to wash off. Level *1d6 for 1d8 rounds.

Breath Weapon- Acid Skin 2 TP per round- By secreting the natural corrosive substance through her sweat glands, Miang creates a waterproof layer of acid on her skin that burns upon contact. Rank+1d6 damage, adds to all melee attacks.

[Innate] Transformation- 12 TP -The Long have two forms: Humanoid and True. In True form the Long has a long body covered in scale and fur. The forelegs are paws and the hind legs are bird like. In Humanoid form, they replace their beastly form for a tall, humanoid shape with almond-shaped eyes, light tan skin, paw-like hands with sharp talons and fur that extends the length of the forearm, and bird like feet. While transformed, her Shadow Magic rank increases by half her level and her HP rises by 30%. She gains +3 to her strength, but suffers a penalty of -3 to her dexterity. Her normal armor is disregarded, and she gains a natural AC of 24.

[Innate] Night Vision- passive: Shadow Long see in the dark through infrared vision. Anything that generates heat or reflects even the smallest amount of light is visible to a Shadow-clan Long.

Shadow Magic-Shadow Ball- 5 MP- A light shadow spell. A sphere the shape of a greatfruit is launched at the enemy at damage. Under the Invokation of Haak Ling it does damage. Cannot be used as Yue Fei. 7+rank+1d6 damage to one target.

Soul Manipulation-Soul Attraction-passive-An ability unique to Miang in her clan, is that her aura attracts souls. In periods of high emotion attracted souls can possess her, enabling her to get out of a tight situation. So far this ability is uncontrollable.

Soul Manipulation-Soul Invocation-12 TP initial + 3TP per round- A Soul that has bonded to Miang can be invoked by her, resulting in a complete physical change. The souls even gather spirit and ki particle to change the appearance of her clothes to something they prefer. Occasionally, this invocation is involuntary or partial, again, depending on her emotional state. The longer Miang invokes a spirit the harder it is to regain her normal self.

-Invoke Shining Swordsman Yue Fei: Yue Fei was a Human swordsman from 500 years ago. He was known for his loyalty to his lord and his chivalry. Yue Fei died in battle protecting his lord and people in the Ming war. Yue Fei was born with blonde hair and blue eyes, a gift, they say from Tenminglong (Ryuugami) and the ancestors. Yue Fei possessed Miang as she fought to save her friends. In spirit form, he appears as a small blue light. Miang gains Soul Manip Ranks in Longsword under this invocation. ranks+26+3d6 for a heavy attack

---Yue Fei's Techs----
-Blooming Rose Cut Into the Night (Cutting the Bloom) 7TP: A Mid slice at the gut followed by a high cut. At critical Yue Fei can eviscerate and decapitate with this move, ensuring the death of his opponent. 2*longsword Ranks+2d8
-Blooded Evolution of the Camelia(Blooded Camelia) 10TP: This is almost like a throw.grab attack. Using Miang's powerful legs, Yue Fei jumps on the shoulders of his opponent, kicking him on the back of the head as he passes over so that he can turn in the air and deliver a mid level stab and if necessary hold an opponent. 2*longsword Ranks+2d10

-Invoke Lord of Night Haak Ling: Haak Ling actually died 300 years ago in the last Clan war. A powerful but dark figure, Haak Ling shows little love for anything not related to the Dark Arts. His specialty is offensive magics, believe the best defense is to obliterate everything in your path .before it has a chance. Haak Ling Belonged to the Tsung Clan. In spirit form, he appears as a small red light with black outline. Under this Invocation, Miang gains +3 to Wis and +2 to Int.

======Haak Ling's Spells=======
-Black Snake: 5MP- Haak Ling is a master of shadow manipulation and manipulates shadow into the form of snakes that he can use for spying, binding, or light attack.

-Blood Reunion: 15 MP- Haak Ling uses a light gravity spell to cause the blood and fluid in his opponent's body gather in one place causing a slow but excruciating death. He prefers the reunion to occur in the head or bowels.

-Invoke Fearsome Demon Hei Lin: Hei Lin is not a normal soul but an essence of hatred from fallen soldiers. Miang does not invoke Hei Lin because he is uncontrollable. He is more a curse than a blessing. If Miang becomes too angry, Hei Lin will invoke himself.'

Edit:: Added TP and MP to moves. Added damages. Added Techs.

Nekogami

Jing Mei Tsung

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:34 am

(Coming)

Nekogami

AND NOW COMMENTS!

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:06 am

Okay people can comment on stuff now.

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:03 pm

I'm curious what the systematic disadvantages and advantages are to invoking these spirits. I mean, so far it doesn't cost her anything to do, but you state on her sheet that at least one of them is helpful for getting Miang out of situations she might not be able to handle on her own.

Also, her offensive innates don't have costs associated with them, and I didn't know if you had some in mind or wanted someone else to do the crunchy stuff for you.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:15 pm

So far Miang as a PS character is turning out to be really complex for me. On top of being possessed. I would assume that the spirits would have their own spells and techs and I can't decide how and if Miang can do them.

I'm really dumbfounded on how to PS the intricacies of being a vessel for warriors.

Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:34 pm

Grandmother and Grandfather are level 20. Exactly as they should be...That makes my heart light with joy. Grandmother's Dex is slightly higher than Grandfather's as well...I guess that's how she keeps beating him in Mah Jong games. Slight of hand...If you know what I mean.

Hey, Jing Mei is my character...Her PS Sheet will include 10 Cha and 20 Ranks of "God Damn Adorable."

As for Miang, which should really be the meat of this reply... Since each Spirit seems to have its own specialty, could they effect her stats in some way? Each spirit could have Stats of their own, or somehow alter Miang's Base Statistics with +(x) or -(x) when she transforms into them. It sounds troublesome in that you might be managing three different PS Characters all in the process of managing Miang though...

I think giving each of them their own spells and techs is a good idea regardless. Perhaps you could give Miang an expansive set that covers both magical (Haak Ling) and physical (Yue Fei), and then each spirit would have a couple attacks in their own specialty that Miang can only use when possessed by that spirit in addition to the ones they can use from their area of expertise from Miang's base set.

As for the actual transformations...I'm not sure about them costing points to do. Last I saw the spirits in action outside of PS RPs, they seemed like a Power-Up sort of thing which would probably result in a cost of some kind (like Hakaril's Incubus Morph?). If they functioned more like a...change of character than an actual strengthening though, maybe it could be a costless action.

(Obviously they will be stronger in some aspects but if they're still functionally a character of the same level of Miang in that they're balanced then I consider it more as a change of character...)

It seems kind of crazy for her to be changing spirits every time the situation called for it if it was free though...? Maybe you can put in some sort of RPish limit you can put on it, like a Spiritual or Mental Feedback if she changes more than X amount of times in X minutes/hours/what have you.

I dunno. Just firing out some ideas for you, Amanda. My Philsys knowledge is pretty lacking though. Where's Shaun/Brian/Doug when you need 'em?

Archmage
REAL DOCTOR. FROM AMERICA.

Unread postby Archmage » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:16 am

OK, a point-by-point. I hope you don't mind; I can tell that you're struggling a little with costs and numbers and things, and that's fine. Unless you use Philsys a lot and are constantly fucking around with it like some people are (myself, Nama, etc.) it's hard to be sure of yourself. Let's see if I can't help you out.

Not going to check your stat/substat math; I did want to point out that you can't have half-ranks in skills. Having a half-rank in a knowledge skill would cost 1/4 point, for that matter.

Can Miang fly at all times, or does she have to morph into an alternate "dragon" form first? I was under the impression she usually took on a humanoid form, though it's obvious she isn't human (the claws are a dead giveaway...) I wouldn't put an artificial cap on her altitude based on level; rounds are kind of loosely-defined, timewise. I would be willing to say that for travel, outside of combat, that she can fly for a minute for 1 TP (this is still not very efficient). In combat, the stress on her body is greater because of the rigors of fighting, and as such, it is difficult to fly in a controlled manner. Take out the altitude limitation; she can fly for 3 TP per round. The altitude issue is still meaningful because if she flies up too high and runs out of TP she's going to drop like a rock and end up dead.

Level is occasionally used in PS calculations, but it tends not to be when we can avoid it. I'm not sure about the dragon form issue again; can she spit acid and breathe corrosive gas at all times, or does she have to "morph" first? I love damage-over-time effects; to make the math easier, I would be inclined to treat the breath weapons as dealing damage the way poison does, i.e., 5d6 the first round, 4d6 the second, 3d6 the third, and so on until the damage is 0d6 (at which point the effect is over).

Because Miang is level 1, the most I'd say she should be able to pull off is what would be equivalent in terms of damage to a rank 4 poison spell. You're actually pretty close as far as average damage goes. I actually think it would be better if the damage were fixed, unless you want her to take a "breath weapon" skill that can allow a rank-based improvement. I'll offer more suggestions when I know what you want to do. The same is the case for the corrosion atmosphere ability; I really like the idea of being able to create long-lasting corrosive clouds (for defense of a lair or whatever). However, it seems a bit excessive (even given the TP cost) for a first level character's repetoire.

If you want to work out some kind of level progression for Miang's innate talents (which is the fairest way to balance them) I think we should tie it to a skill of some sort, perhaps "Longese Dragon Abilities" or whatever. It'd be a standard skill, base stats <Cou/Sta/Mag> sounds good to me, and as she advanced in the skill she could unlock more of her potential as a powerful dragon. I'm not sure how old/experienced she is intended to be, but she seems a bit much for level 1 if only because of the number of innate abilities with no serious drawbacks.

The spirit possession thing is really, really interesting.

I like the way you're handling it; Miang is granted specific skill ranks temporarily and she gets various other bonuses depending on who's got control at the time. I wouldn't think she should be allowed to spend TP instead of HP; 5 HP is not even close to the value of 5 TP. At 12 TP to invoke + 5 TP per round, she can't keep a particular spirit under control for very long, so the spirit invocations become kind of a last-ditch summons where she is pulling out the spirit to fight for two or three rounds at most, less if she performs some special tech. When she runs out of TP, one of two things should happen; either she should lose control to the spirit or she should revert to normal.

So that brings me to the techniques specific to each form.

Yue Fei's Cutting the Bloom tech's instadeath potential is too good, even if it only activates on a critical. The damage, on the other hand, is going to be too low if it's modified by longsword rank without considering Miang's STR or base weapon damage. So it's either too powerful (instakill) or too weak. Because of the immense cost (we're looking at spending 27 TP...which Miang can't even do at this point, and then she's all out of TP), it should do a lot of damage but not instakill per se. I would be inclined to suggest that it should deal 3x heavy attack damage with no to-hit penalty.

Likewise, Blooded Camelia deals, on average, 2 points more damage than Cutting the Bloom (the only difference is the randomness dice; average damage on 2d8 is 9, and average on 2d10 is 11), but it costs 3 TP more. Not a fair tradeoff at all. Right now I can't think of a precise effect; I would love to discuss it with you over IM at some point.

Haak Ling basically turns Miang into a spellcaster. She has minimal magic to begin with, so this is not of great benefit to her, but the spells specific to Haak Ling can make all the difference. If you're looking for a dmage on Blood Reunion, I need to have some base ranks available. Does Haak Ling use Miang's shadow magic rank, or does he have his own? I don't think that Miang should be able to spend 12 TP to become a character who is too much better at magic than she is normally, but I think we can work something out.

Miang, it would seem, is a very complicated character. This is totally fine, it just means it's going to take some careful thought to put her in Philsys in a way that accomodates her. I'd love to chat with you about it via AIM; please feel free to IM me at any time.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 am

Archmage wrote:Can Miang fly at all times, or does she have to morph into an alternate "dragon" form first? I was under the impression she usually took on a humanoid form, though it's obvious she isn't human (the claws are a dead giveaway...) I wouldn't put an artificial cap on her altitude based on level; rounds are kind of loosely-defined, timewise. I would be willing to say that for travel, outside of combat, that she can fly for a minute for 1 TP (this is still not very efficient). In combat, the stress on her body is greater because of the rigors of fighting, and as such, it is difficult to fly in a controlled manner. Take out the altitude limitation; she can fly for 3 TP per round. The altitude issue is still meaningful because if she flies up too high and runs out of TP she's going to drop like a rock and end up dead.

The way I've RPed it up till now is that the Long hide their chi-channelling psuedowing unless they specifically want to fly. So they can fly in their humanoid form if they're so inclined.

Archmage wrote: I'm not sure about the dragon form issue again; can she spit acid and breathe corrosive gas at all times, or does she have to "morph" first?

The way I view the long is that they their humanoid form was half between human and dragon, so any skills the have as a dragon they can use on a smaller scale. So her breath, acid, and atmosphere are scaled down.

Archmage wrote:If you want to work out some kind of level progression for Miang's innate talents (which is the fairest way to balance them) I think we should tie it to a skill of some sort, perhaps "Longese Dragon Abilities" or whatever. It'd be a standard skill, base stats <Cou> sounds good to me, and as she advanced in the skill she could unlock more of her potential as a powerful dragon. I'm not sure how old/experienced she is intended to be, but she seems a bit much for level 1 if only because of the number of innate abilities with no serious drawbacks.

That was my worry as well. Let's work out a level progression to keep things "fair and balanced". Miang is most skilled in martial arts, her dragon abilities should be beginner as well as hwer spirit abilities. *nod*

Archmage wrote:The spirit possession thing is really, really interesting.

Haak Ling basically turns Miang into a spellcaster. She has minimal magic to begin with, so this is not of great benefit to her, but the spells specific to Haak Ling can make all the difference. If you're looking for a dmage on Blood Reunion, I need to have some base ranks available. Does Haak Ling use Miang's shadow magic rank, or does he have his own? I don't think that Miang should be able to spend 12 TP to become a character who is too much better at magic than she is normally, but I think we can work something out.

The spells is definitely what I want to work on. Haak Ling is a sorceror but his focus was offensive magics. He's much better than Miang and when I RP with Ken, she's currently in training with Li Rong to get better in magic so that she can perform Haak Ling's spells better. In Summary, he boosts her magical power and spell repetoire. He's like a grimoire that can cast itself.

Archmage wrote:Miang, it would seem, is a very complicated character. This is totally fine, it just means it's going to take some careful thought to put her in Philsys in a way that accomodates her. I'd love to chat with you about it via AIM; please feel free to IM me at any time.

Sure thing, Brian. I'd love to figure things out.

Return to Character Closet