Miranda Avery

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Seethe347

Miranda Avery

Unread postby Seethe347 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 pm

Name: Miranda Avery
RPer: Seethe347
Race: Human
Birthdate: 17 Tunara, 1296
Height: 5’3”
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Build: Lithe

Background
Miranda grew up in the city of Casander’s Landing as the daughter of a wealthy merchant family. Through its wealth, the family had been able to acquire a large farm of chocobos- rare birds to the lands of Alteron. As a child, Miranda spent an extensive portion of her time on this farm, and so she learned a great deal about riding and caring for the creatures. By the time she was 15, she had competed in quite a few breeder tournaments across Woodshire and even won a few of them.

By the time she turned 19, the war between Queen Alana and Prince Lucius had reached full swing. The ruling houses of the country were grasping for every soldier they could get to send off to the battlefield. Miranda saw entire families of the less fortunate, even the women and children, conscripted on a daily basis. However, she still somehow felt safe at least for the time, for the Avery family was not cannon-fodder.

But to her shock and horror, she received the letter of conscription on the fifth day of Tzelara in the year 1315. Apparently, someone had decided that chocobos possessed considerable military potential. As the house of Isgaroth was in need of a cavalry force to match the mighty cavalry of House Klissak, skill with chocobos had become a conscription-worthy quality.

After completing her few weeks of training, Miranda forlornly sailed away with the chocobo units to the Tralask plains. Unfortunately, while the chocobo riders may have possessed skill with their novel mounts, they were otherwise nothing but merchants with swords. They were broken and routed in every battle they fought, and so running them down and slaughtering them in great numbers soon became nothing but a game to the horsemen of Tralask.

Through endless luck and a skill with the sword that was a fair degree greater than that of the average merchant, Miranda was able to survive the few months it took for her unit to be recalled. But recalled did not mean dismissed. Though the chocobo cavalry was disbanded, its members were simply reassigned to various traditional units. To her dismay, Miranda Avery had yet to see the last of the battlefield.

Stats
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 30
Max TP: 25
Initiative: 5 + 2d6
Dodge: 21
MBLK: 18

Courage: 3
Wisdom: 1
Intuition: 3
Charisma: 2
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 2
Stamina: 2
Magic Aptitude: 1

Base AT/PA - 11/11
Modified for skill - 13/12
Modified for equipment - 12/11

Mythril Chain (AC 10, 0/-1, 50, 6, 0, -2)
Pot Helmet (AC 8, 0/0, 10, 2, +1, -1)

Weapon Damage - Longsword (10/14/17, -1/0, 2, +1)
Light - 15+1d6
Medium - 21+2d6
Heavy - 26+3d6

Skills:

Chocobo Handling- 4 <Cou/Cha/Wis>
Longsword - 3 <Cou/Str/Agi>
Bartering - 2 <Cha/Cha/Int>
Bluff - 1 <Cha/Cha/Int>
Charm - 3 <Cha/Cha/Int>
Deception - 1 <Cha/Int/Wis>
Merchant Etiquette - 4 <Cou/Cha/Int
Trading - 3 <Cou/Int/Cha>
[s]Drinking - 4 <Sta>
[s]Appraisal - 2 <Int/Int/Wis>
[s]Pain Resistance - 2 <Sta>
[k]Combat Strategy - 1
[k]Alteron History - 2
[k]Chocobo Lore - 3

Spells/Techs:

[Longsword=1] Forceful Stab (2 TP) - Thrust attack with greater power. Damage=Normal light damage*1.25 at -2/0 penalty.

[Longsword=2] Chocorider’s Slash (6 TP) - Wide slash attack that strikes several enemies. If Miranda is on foot, attack hits enemies in three hexes adjacent to and in front of her position. If Miranda is mounted, attack hits all enemies adjacent to her position. Damage=Normal medium damage.

[Longsword =3] Malicious Hack (8 TP) - Powerful chop attack with intent to slice target in half. Damage=Normal chop damage*2.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 6/20/06 18:08

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: Miranda Avery

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 am

I am not too hot with Philsys stuff, but concerning the Chocorider's slash - I have never, in any of the RPs I've been in, seen a hexboard used. So alternate rules may be required.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:31 am

That's not that big of a deal, Zero, since hexes have a defined size. It's just another way of saying such-and-such feet. Heck, Idran's had a spell that defines its range solely in terms of hexes with no alternate rules listed for the last 3 years or so. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:34 am

I DID NOT KNOW THIS.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:33 pm

Interesting, to say the least. You put some good effort into the backstory, as I noticed. However, you might want to consider using the latest rules for PS, and including some other stats with your AT/PA. Since I'm feeling generous, and need to shake off this bad reputation I've earned with some for being anal and generally mean, I'll offer some help here.

Initiative is AGI+COU/2, rounded down. 5+2d6
TP is 10+(COU+STA)*3. 25 TP
Dodge (which is your rating against missile attacks) is 10+AGI*2+INT, or 21 in her case
MBlock, or MBLK for short, your magic defense stat, is 10+COU*2+INT, or 18

Also, for your use, standard PS equipment can be found under the appropriate section on the wiki. We don't really have stats for boots or belts, and mundane versions of these tend to be ignored. Do note, if you're interested in using magic in the future, that casting penalties are applied to all forms of actually, err, useful armor. ^^;

Weapon damage has been changed as well.
Light(Formerly "thrusting") deals base+STR+Rank(your weapon skill rank)+1d6, or 15+1d6
Medium's is base+2*STR+Rank+2d6, or 21+2d6
Heavy's is base+3*STR+Rank+3d6, or 26+3d6

In case of two-handing such a weapon, increase the STR multiplier and number of dice by one.

Also, last thing; techs. I'm a tad iffy on Forceful Stab. Sure, it'll be outstripped as levels go up, but I was never a fan of abilities that get phased out in that way. I'd advise a decimal multiplier instead, and perhaps an AT or PA penalty attached.

Chocorider Slash's area of effect doesn't bother me. The extra damage, though...get rid of that, or drive up the cost accordingly.

Malicious Hack seems to work well enough for the cost--typically, that tech would cost 2 TP in exchange for a loss of a PA roll if you missed, and would have a 1.5x multiplier. I say the effect and TP cost match.

Zero: The area roughly constitutes a 180-degree arc when unmounted. Nothing too major. <p>"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US? OUR TREASURE MAY BE HEAVY, BUT WE ARE LIGHT AS WIND. ONLY MAGICS MAY HURT US, BUT ONLY WE KNOW WHICH ONES." --Omoikane, Digital Devil Saga 2</p>

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Upgrade complete.

Regarding Chocorider's Slash: I actually meant for that to cause 1d4 less damage than a normal slash, but I've gone ahead and changed it to normal damage for the sake of simplicity. And I've bumped the TP cost up by two points.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 6/19/06 15:56

Return to Character Closet