Brad's profile page

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Brad Kanshi

Brad's profile page

Unread postby Brad Kanshi » Mon May 29, 2006 1:36 pm

Ill be doing my profiles here and some may not be finished when i post them but thats only because im working on them or somthing else atm so i posted them to make sure it's not deleted.

(I would like someone to over look my profile please leave comments.)

Basics:

Name: Brad
RPer: Brad kanshi
Race: Half-dragon
Birthdate: 12/6/1296
Height: 5'7"
Eye color: blue-green
Hair color: gray
Weight: 145 lbs

Background:

Brad was born to a family that was unaccepting of change and diferences. He was raised as the black sheep of his family. Never know his true father always bothered him his mind was always wandering wondering what it would be like to spread his wings and fly away from all this torment and hardship.

He began to lose hopethinking this would never end he would die an errand boy.But this would all change upon his thirteenth borthday. He was helping his father in the fields when he was approched by a slender looking man who had an odd air about him. though he looked like most other people brad had seen he noticed that this man had very defined cheek bones and very curiously pointy ears. The man spoke a language unfailiar to brad. Brad's father took a bag of somthing from the man brad assumed it was money, before brad could try to get a good look the man grabbed brad's hand and began to walk away. Brad realizing what had happened thought to himself "I should be afraid of this man but for some reason i know that he will not hurt me."

Brad followed the man back to what brad assumed to be his home. man offered brad food and drink of witch brad had never tasted it was quite a treat from what he had become used to.Brad lived with the man for another for years now putting brad at the age of sixteen the man had taught him many things about the world and himself he now knew that he was a half dragon and his people were the dragons as well as the humans. though brad had developed a sever disreguard for humans. he did not hate them he merly looked down upon them thinking of them as small children in the world.

The man now told brad that he could no longer teach him the ways of the dragons for he had given him all of his knowledge that was actully quite limited.Brad now had the task of seeking out dragonkind itself and trying to learn the ways of his people.

Brad left on his journey the final thing his elven mentor had given him was a sword he said it would be of great use in brad's long journey. Brad found his way to a city and there looked for information about dragons but nothing, he went on like that for quite some time before he actully found a lead but what he found was not going to make him happy. He found a mercenary company taking a job to exterminate a dragon. brad was outraged he flew into a rage and attacked the mercs, not having to much experience as a fighter they easily pummeled brad.

Brad swore a vow that he would learn to fight and never again would another dragon be slayn while he was present, and this myfriends is where brad begins his epic journey into the land of Gaera.

Stats/Equipment:

Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
HP: 80
MP: -10
TP: 20
Initiative: 9 + 2d6
AT/PA: 12

Courage: 3
Wisdom: 0
Intuition: 0
Charisma: 3
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 3
Strength: 5
Stamina: 3
Magic Aptitude: 1

Base AT/PA - 20
Modified for skill - {Base + part of skill value/base + remaining skill value}
Modified for equipment - {mod for skill +/- equipment penalties/mod for skill +/- equipment penalties}

Weapons & armor

Weapon Damage - {bastard sword} 12,17,21
Light- {12+ 5+1d6}
Medium- {17+ 5*2+2d4}
Heavy - {21+ 5*3+2d6}

Skills:
20 skill points

Skill: leaping slash 4 <str/agi/cou>
Skill: Draconic lore 4 <wis/int/cha>
Skill: Basic swordsman ship 4 <str/agi/sta>
Skill: Liguistics 4 <int/wis/cha>
Skill: Tracking 4 <cou/int/dex>

Spells/Techs:

none as of yet
<p>"Don't hate me for what I've done, hate me for I'm gonna do."</p>Edited by: Brad Kanshi at: 6/13/06 12:05

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Re: Brad's profile page

Unread postby Kai » Mon May 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Not much here yet for me to comment on, but I think you're using an older version of Philsys for your sheet.

This may make it easier: A link to things.

Other than that, good luck with sheet-making. I'd like to see some background and possibly an explanation for the really low intuition and wisdom (combined with really high charisma), but like you said this sheet isn't complete. I'll hold off on being a heinous bitch until you've had a chance to finish some things. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

Manga no Manda

Unread postby Manga no Manda » Mon May 29, 2006 2:38 pm

I seems calculated as right as my poor math skills will allow at first glance but for being half-dragon, why is your wis and intution low out of curiousity? <p>Image</p>

Brad Kanshi

Unread postby Brad Kanshi » Mon May 29, 2006 2:40 pm

it's low because I was trying to show that my character dosent have the aquired knowledge he's head strong and dosent know to much about anything ingeneral he's in the process of learning. <p>"Don't hate me for what I've done, hate me for I'm gonna do."</p>

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Mon May 29, 2006 11:20 pm

The issue is that he'll have very few skill points. Whether he's necessarily savvy with lots of stuff is less important than his ability to learn new things. Everyone has skills. "Acquired knowledge" can be anything, but everyone has it unless he's lived in a sensory-deprivation chamber his whole life.

He may not be great with, say, unarmed combat or applied magical theory, but maybe he can cook. Maybe he can find people who don't want to be found, or keep from being found himself. Everyone can do something. He's intellectually at a severe disadvantage as is (even when it comes to acquiring new skills), and that's why we ask.

If "acquired knowledge" is an issue, that's really only represented by his WIS score. His INT reflects a lot of things outside of his raw mental data storage. Many characters who don't know lots and lots of stuff will have low INT, but high WIS. They may not know everything, but they're good at figuring things out.

It's ultimately your choice. I'm just worried that if your character is at such an intellectual disadvantage, you won't have the skill points left over after essentials for fun things. For example, I have a character who, sure, knows a lot of magic, has some social skills, whatever. She also plays the piano and the sitar just because. A lot of skills you could take are absolute fluff, but they're fun to play with.

You know best what to do with your character. I'd just hate to see you lose options due to unfamiliarity with the system you're building him in, that's all. <p>-------------------------
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor." -- Sandman "The Kindly Ones" </p>

ssj2brolly2345

Unread postby ssj2brolly2345 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:21 pm

thx for the advice ill go back and tweak things alittle.

Brad Kanshi

Unread postby Brad Kanshi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:31 pm

there hows that look the reason he has no spells/techs is because he hasnt learned any yet but he soon enough will, but this character is a work in progress. so do you think he's ready? im gonna double post because my next character is done he's free lance though. <p>"Don't hate me for what I've done, hate me for I'm gonna do."</p>

Brad Kanshi

Unread postby Brad Kanshi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:33 pm

<div style="text-align:center">Name: Jin'ei Ryuu Shinigami
Sex: Male
Species: Fallen/demon
Race: White
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Class: None
Home: Born into the world wandering, has no definitive home.
<ul><li>Powers: </li><li>Shadow jump- The ability to move through shadows teleporting at will.</li><li>Manipulate shadows- The ability to control shadows and make them viable physical creatures as well as move them.</li><li>Mental assault- Jin'ei uses his mind as a powerful blade slicing through the mind of his opponent causing severe mental damage.(causes slow reaction time- fits of stupidity and rage also can cause paralization).</li><li>Shadow-genesis- The ability to create shadow from nothing.Techniques:</li><li>Soul crusher- Jin'ei reaches into a weakened(mentally) beings chest grasping there soul and balling his hand up around it squeezes the life force from there body.Rising dragon </li><li>From Hell to heaven and back- Jin'ei slashes upward toward his opponents mid section high into the air then brings his blade down for an over head slam.</li><li>Soul slash- Jin'ei uses his sword to try an rip the soul from his opponents body with a single slash.Default Abilities: </li><li>Flying</li><li>Dark vision,</li><li>Immune to poison & Mind effects (hypnotize etc...)</li></ul>Weakness: Light (I.E. Holy)
Weapon: Angelic Slayer(bastard sword)- This blade made within fire from the nine hells forged of a special metallic substance known as orkria found within thin the bones of demon lords. The Sword was made by first gathering the souls of 50,000 humans in the soul vase then casting the vase and the waters of life into a cauldron mixing them together with the metal imbued it with the power to steal souls. Then The lord of the ninth ordered that the blacksmith forge the metal into a blade for his personal use. After the blade was forged it was cooled in a vat of angels blood. imbuing the sword with unknown dark powers. The sou's stolen become trapped within the blade giving it more power constantly making it grow and change in appearance as well as personality.

FAMILY INFORMAT[/i]
Family: Kenji Togama Komodo (cousin), Brad Kanshi (Brother in-law),Trinity Shinigami (Sister)
Animal Companion: None
Relationship status: Single
Personal belongings: Angel's tear- the crystallized tear of an angel signifying hope & sadness.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Description: Jin'ei Ryuu Shinigami stands nearly six foot tall(5'11.5) weighing 240 lbs he is a stocky tall man. His long black hair is somewhat unkempt looking it drapes down just below his shoulders. His eyes glow a brilliant red showing up greatly against his black full plate armor it covers his entire body leaving no skin showing. Jin'ei Has two huge bat wings that show through the back of his armor, his wing span is just under ten feet at full stretch. Jin'ei's armor is all black with claws on the ends of the fingers for addition melee damage.
Emotional: Jin'ei appears to most as unemotional though his emotions are usually masked behind his unseen face. He tends to only express those emotions such as anger and pain. Jin'ei is not devoid of happiness though his sense of happiness is sick and deranged in the eyes of humans and most good aligned creatures.
Background:
JIn'ei Ryuu Shinigami as he calls himself now was not always what he has become today, there was a time long ago when he was two separate entities one being an angel of death the other a demon servant.

Jin'ei the demon lived the average life of a demon in the abyssal realm. Massacring the occasional human traveler and eating them running around with the other demon children and fighting for food. His childhood however was cut short after his parents though he didn't know them for more than a short while sold him into slavery at the age of 1 year to the demon lord that was most feared in the abyss most called him the lord of the ninth for to speak his name would mean certain death. The demon lord was a hard master to please running his errands killing the occasional rebellious teen and pealing to his every whim was barley enough for gratitude.

Jin'ei slowly earned his way up the trust latter to his masters personal errand boy. The lord of the ninth sent him on a job to bring the soul vase from the treasury to his personal blacksmith. Upon taking the soul vase (20,000 souls) into his hands he could hear the Cries of humans screaming out to be released It caused him great joy to know that he could end there suffering but prolonged it by choice. Giving the blacksmith the vase then retuning to his masters side he awaited his next task silently.

Several days went by without anything out of the ordinary happening. when a message was sent to jin'ei to see the lord at once. Not wasting any time he rushed to the lord side. "Master?" ,"Go now and retrieve my blade from the blacksmith." Not waiting for a reply the lord disappeared. Jin'ei then began to walk along the all to familiar path to the front door, when in his head he herd a voice "help me", "what?","Help you do what?" Jin'ei could feel something pulling at him from somewhere. Being afraid for the first time he began to run reaching the blacksmiths he slowly walked inside and began to forget about what he herd thinking it was just his mind playing tricks on him. The blacksmith handed him the sword and left him with this warning. "Do not touch the hilt of this blade this sword is not for the hands of one as weak as you." Jin'ei nodded his head and walked out of the blacksmiths and began to head back to his master.Along the path he stopped and grabbed the hilt of the sword saying to himself. "whats so special about this sword." As his hands grasped the hilt he felt a serve of malevolence and power flow through his body. Then again he herd "Help me." But this time he herd another voice from the sword. "yes, help him and I shall grant you power beyond belief." Jin'ei began to smirk. "I want you power for myself then I will kill all who oppose me starting with 'them' How do i help." Before jin'ei could wait for a response he felt himself ripped from his world and he fell unconscious.

Ryuutetsu the angel of death created for the soul purpose of taking the souls of those who died an innocent death, those souls that would be taken to heaven. Ryuutetsu appeared around the age of 17 a young boy with long black hair that was very well taken care of. he often smelled of cherry blossoms and/or rose petals. The other's called him the flower of heaven those souls that he took were often small children and the elderly. God took a liking to this angel for his genital kindness as he continued to live on he was eventually granted free will as a reward for his services.

After being granted free will there was a great war within the heavens lead by another angel known as Lucifer gods right hand angel, the angel of light he wanted gods throne for his own. During the war many angels died and a few became confused and did not fight at all when Ryuutetsu was ordered to kill them he began to question god's will. carrying out his duty he felt a new feeling sorrow and remorse. God eventually banished Lucifer and those who followed him. Ryuutetsu approached god and asked him why Lucifer wanted to rule over heaven and earth. God and Ryuutetsu talked on this subject for many nights and often enough they didn't finish there conversations for days at a time.

Ryuutetsu was once again sent to earth to take the soul of an innocent. upon reaching the boy he was to take it was a boy around his same age. He looked into the boys eyes and as the boy was at his moment of death he could see the angel. the boy asked calmly. "Are you hear to take me away?", "Yes I am here to take you." Ryuutetsu answered. The boy suddenly began to scream and cry."Please, let me live ill do anything, what have i done to deserve this cruel fate." Ryuutetsu was in shock he had never encountered this before he began to ask god."What has he done in his life?" God simply replied." It is for me to see, and no others to know but me and him." Ryuutetsu though that this was slightly rude he asked god again. this time god answered with annoyance in his voice."Bring him before me now!" Ryuutetsu replied with."Lord I cannot for you have shown the greatest weakness, Anger." God stormed in return "How dare you!" Ryuutetsu then replied "What kind of lord is anger so easily by a simple question." God was beyond mere words now"Ryuutetsu angel of death you shall remain with these human upon the earth and you shall walk no longer fly and your wings shall fall from your back and the scare will remain as a reminder of what you have lost." Ryuutetsu's voice seemed to jump from his throat as he could not speak a word.

Falling to his knees he remembered something that the humans had done and began to pray to god."Forgive my ignorance oh mighty god, please spare me from your divine wrath." He herd no answer he began to scream loudly. "If you will not 'Help me' then i will give my life to anyone who can 'help me!' defeat you."

Suddenly ryuutetsu felt a pounding in his head he fell to the ground incautious.

Awakening Jin'ei noticed that his beautiful black demonic body had changed it was heavier but each of his movements was faster and he felt stronger. he could also feel a definite change in his appearance. He looked at his surroundings and noticed that he was standing before a dead human and a small village was down the hillside behind him. He herd the voice that had said help me before in his head. "What's going on why can't i move, what has happened to me." Jin'ei replied with." Who and what are you and why am i in this body." The he once again herd the third voice. "I brought the two of you together you are now one wither you like it or not. Jin'ei the demon and Ryuutetsu the angel a perfect match. A demon who is seeking power and an angel that has fallen from gods grace and sword to kill him. Together you are powerful apart you are weak. now to finish the process you must focus on a common goal and unify your minds.

Jin'ei replies 'To gain power." Ryuutetsu replies if I must then "revenge." The third voice says "No, I will then decide for you to get revenge against the one who has forsaken you destroy his so lovely creatures the humans and to gain power kill the humans and I will become more powerful making you both stronger. Jin'ei gasps "Your the sword are you not?", "Yes, now that I am freed I can feed and you can both achieve your goals. now look at this body it is frail and weak but jin'ei your body has become armor covering this body a living armor that need not be taken off. I will come if you call me, now go into the world of man and achieve your goals."

Jin'ei rose from the ground and looked at the blade in his hand unsheathing it and looking at the blade seeing his reflection he notices that only his hair shows through the bottom of his helm no other skin shows.
He then begins to head toward the village an evil smirk just under his armor the mind of the angel locked on revenge the mind of jin'ei lock on gaining the power of destruction.

Together they have become Jin'ei Ryuu Shinigami
</div> <p>"Don't hate me for what I've done, hate me for I'm gonna do."</p>Edited by: Brad Kanshi at: 6/5/06 13:34

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:11 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to you.

I don't want to rip into Ryuutetsu's background because I don't expect you to be deeply and thoroughly familiar with the settings we tend to use here. He also seems much more powerful than the characters he'd likely be interacting with.

There are two ways to fix this. The first is to get involved in an RP where you either will not be using the standard settings (which is totally allowed and not uncommon). This will allow more leeway in the powerscale as well as general thematic stuff.

The second way, admittedly, requires more work and probably some help from an RPGWWer. Take what you've got and adapt it to the more common benchmarks around here. Like I said, it would either require you to be more familiar with the setting, or it would require someone willing and able to help you out. We know it can be a pain in the ass, and anyone who bitches at you for trying to put in that effort is wrong for doing so.

That said, it's nice to see someone new around, especially since you're dabbling in Philsys. IM me over AIM if you need anything. I'm usually on "Lithaladhwen," and when that doesn't work I will be on "Mekta Satak Kai." <p>-------------------------

Return to Character Closet