Shiranai's (remade) PS sheet.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Shiranai

Shiranai's (remade) PS sheet.

Unread postby Shiranai » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 pm

Shiranai
Race: Half human-half drow, Age: 46 (17 human reckoning), Hair: platinum, Eyes: Amber, Height: 5'7"
Level: 1
Courage: +4
Wisdom: +1
Intuition: +3
Charisma: -1
Agility: +8
Dexterity: +2
Strength: +2
Stamina: +1
Magic Aptitude: 1

HP: 60
MP: 45
TP: 22
Inititiative: 10+2d6
MAttack: 5
Missle Evasion: 33
MBlock: 21
AT/PA: 19/19
Weapon: Custom design Katana 12/17/21 -1/-1
Armor: Heavy Jacket AC-4 Durability: 10

Kenjutsu - <Cou/Agi/Dex> 4
Jumping - <Str/Agi/Dex> 3
Breath Control - <Int/Agi/Sta> 2
Feint - [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=shiranai@rpgww60462>Shiranai</A:] at: 4/4/06 21:33
[/i]

Archmage144

Re: Shiranai's (remade) PS sheet.

Unread postby Archmage144 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:58 pm

*breaks out the nerf bat, as requested*

You only spent 20 points on stats, so you get one more.

Holy shit, that guy is fast. I'd forgotten just how incredibly uber fast he was. Blow on him and he crumbles, though.

Your base AT/PA is 17/17 (AGI + COU + STR + INT). You get 4 ranks of swordsmanship to divide between attack and defense, so an even distribution puts you at 19/19, not 20/20.

Make Jumping's cost 1 TP, not MP-based.

Wasp Stance I'm pretty OK with. Dragonfly Stroke is basically an x2 damage attack traded for a PA roll--still fine.

Wolf Stance is incredibly uber if only because you could decide to do something like 6 attacks and they'd still be at 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, and 9. The first couple are basically at the average character's PA base. The rest are just icing on the cake, which ultimately means that Shiranai's damage potential is like 5 or 6 times the average first level character's with this tech alone, and it doesn't even cost TP! I'm not exactly sure as to how it could be balanced at the moment, so I'll think.

Mizuchi makes the techs I put together for Myrnal that several people decried as "totally broken" look like a joke. Not your fault, it's been a while since you've done this. Especially since "all remaining TP" could very well be your last one. 8 medium attacks is crazy for a 4th rank tech. Maybe a few ranks down the road you might be able to do something similar, but right now the standard for a katana-sized weapon is that you'd pay 4 TP for one bonus attack, and even then you need weapon rank 6.

I'll think harder about stuff for future levels when it might be applicable. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:03 am

Hopefully things should be about in order. Wolf Stance is still a bit on the uncertain side, but we're thinking on it. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Image</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=shiranai@rpgww60462>Shiranai</A] at: 3/28/06 0:52

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Aren't stats limited to being at 6 max at level one?

Issue resolved:

Arch mage144: There was a rule, then there wasn't a rule, then there was a rule again briefly, and finally, there was no rule and it was left to common sense.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/06 20:59

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:52 pm

Right now the main thing that's keeping me from suggesting how or what you could do to make some of your techs less overpowered (Wolf Stance first on the list) is the fact that I'm caught up in my wargame/chemistry homework/formal lab writeups and ten other projects all at once as per usual.

I know you're receptive to some pretty heavy nerfing, and I'm not even going to try to think about the techs you can't use yet because their prerequisites are too high. Either I or someone else will cut Shir down to size, I assure you; if someone else feels like doing it, they should go right ahead. The intent is to make the character balanced, and that should be feasible. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:49 am

Adding to what AM said, just keep in mind that if someone is to comment on the sheet, to keep things constructive and at least somewhat cordial. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:03 am

I put forth that the flavor text be trimmed down to a description of what the attack is, and the fancy stuff can be roleplayed when it is used. This doesn't help balance stuff, but it makes it easier to read the techs.

Edit: Put a space between the techs as well.

Edit edit: Done!

Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 3/29/06 6:54

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:15 am

Thanks Shini, and Idran. And Sir Capnface, I stuck big i's around the flavor text, hoping it might more visibly seperate it from the pluggable stuff. It's just that I'm a lazy man who'd have trouble remembering it when the time comes. So I put it all in one spot. Perhaps I'd be better off putting it after the functional description. And yes, anyone who wishes to chime in on why you think Shi-kun's a minmaxed sunuvabitch, be my guest, I can be as constructively receptive as anyone is in the act of giving. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Image</div></p>

NamagomiMk0

YET ANOTHER NAMA REVIEW.

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:39 am

Alright, I'm going to take a stab at sorting this set of quite overpowered stuff out. Admittedly, you haven't done this in a while, so I'll give you the benefit of that, at least. However, I will not hesitate to pick anything out that seems, needless to say, broken.

First off: Unless there was a change I was not informed about, you're not allowed to have any stat higher than +6 at initial creation. You have the correct number of points invested, though I would recommend you take those two points out of AGI and spend them elsewhere if this rule still holds. If it doesn't, and you don't mind the potential irate masses (much diminished since a certain event earlier), great.

Now, you just HAD to make the skills hell for me to calculate, didn't you? Max points you have there is 28, which you did manage to get correct. At the expense of me getting a headache.

Now, for derived stats and equipment, we have a bit of a snag here. Your AT/PA base is 17/17. In addition, you've got a weapon which is the equivalent of a Bastard Sword, with an effective +3 STR requirement. You have +2. As such, net penalty, before skill is factored in, is 14/14. And I'm not letting you get off with a lowered STR requirement unless you explain in his backstory why the hell he has a katana that is particularly light for its size. Additionally, the best that jacket's going to get for AC is 3, unless it's actually armor, in which case you're likely to start getting smacked with casting penalties, PA penalties, and the such.

Your TP's actually slightly low. 25, not 22. You forget the STA component. Additionally, his MP is 30, not 45.

The techs...they give me a hemorrhage. Seriously.

First off, there is NOWHERE in the rules that says you can substitute HP for TP. This is likely not to change, as TP gains and costs are, by nature, much smaller than MP, and thus would create an amount of brokenness through said substitution. TP is not something easily regained, note. Think of it like your SP in Grandia.

Secondly, a number of these things are just. plain. broken. I point first at Dragonfly Stroke--it costs 2 TP for a 1.5x damage HEAVY attack, with proper penalties, and the loss for missing being a loss of a PA roll. Now, it automatically leaves the user "defenseless" regardless, but we don't know what in game terms that means. However, this happens to be a 2x multiplier, which I'd say deserves at least 5 TP. MAYBE 4, due to the fact that it automatically leaves the user "defenseless", though that term is a relative one.

Boost Jump makes no sense, as he has no chi-related skills in his repertoire, and as such, there does not seem to be anything here that would fit. Even with "Jumping", you need a bit more of an explanation, I'd think. This might be more stuff for background consideration.

Mizuchi? NO. HELL NO. The only way I'd let this thing fly would be under multiple conditions:
1: Separate attack rolls for each strike at an increased penalty. Target's PA rolls are treated as if for one attack (meaning that if it is not without a PA roll, it gets a defense roll against every attack).
2: Shiranai not ONLY lost ALL PA rolls, but took a MINIMUM of a -6 penalty to all defense rolls for at LEAST the round after.

Wolf Stance is cheap as all hell. FREE extra attacks, for which one would normally have to pay 6 TP for ONE more than they'd normally have.

I'm not going to get into Suzaku, it's just plain BAD, though you'd he hard-pressed to get the TP to use it even once. Daikenkai...I would consider to be screwed up and broken...except that a TD 15 Intuition check is easy as shit to make. And there is no "Natural 1" failure here.

Maaiken, on the other hand...NO. FUCKING HELL NO. There is NO fucking reason for this to be possible, especially for 5 TP, there is no logical explanation for this, and this just plain gets broken, FAST. Opposed COU check, with the user adding his WEAPON SKILL? This one just gets fucking defenestrated. No questions asked.

Nothing wrong with the pyrokinesis spells, though I'd take it there would be visual and auditory components, so to speak (Read: Vocal and Somatic). If not, I'd increase the cost or decrease the effect by a decent bit for that. Inferno, though, is iffy. I'd say attended objects get a MBlock roll.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=namagomimk0>NamagomiMk0</A] at: 4/11/06 10:40

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:05 pm

Spending HP to activate a move is a hell of a lot more dangerous than spending TP, isn't it? I personally would consider it a much greater risk, epecially in large quantities. There's nothing wrong with HP costs for certain skills.

There is no rule about +6. *Jedi handwaving*

[Heavy Weapon Skill=4]Devastating Blow (2 TP) - As a heavy attack, but damage is multiplied by 1.5x. If the attack misses, the user loses his one of his parry rolls for the round.

Dragonfly Stroke is straight out of Advanced Philsys theory. I rebalanced it myself.

You're a really anal GM, Nama. If Mizuchi had its HP component removed (which as I read it says TP OR HP can be spent; I'd go with 20 TP) it's functionally a one-shot deathblow. Shir can use it once, against one target, throughout an entire RP. If he blows it, it's no good. It won't affect any targets he couldn't normally damage (or reach) with his sword, and it kills more or less all of his TP, making it an "all or nothing" desperation attack. For that, I'm willing to let it slide.

Wolf Stance is still broken and I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole because there's no way that I know of to fix it. My inclination is to take it off the sheet altogether. Incidentally, it would cost 4 TP, not 6, for an extra attack with a standard weapon, but there is a rank 6 prerequisite. Maybe that's where your six came from.

Suzaku is a future tech, so I'm ignoring it completely. Daikenkai I don't imagine Shir will even have enough TP to use at that cost and at that level, so it'd have to be reworked at an appropriate time anyway, so I'm ignoring it, too.

Maiken is weird and there's not much of a precedent for it. Since it's a future tech my inclination is to, again, leave it alone until the character actually levels up and can use it. However, I'd say it's viable if the unconsciousness and potential death effects are eliminated. I'm all for swordsman spirit and rage causing intimidating effects, but physiological stuff is one step too far.

That's my piece at this time. <p>

RPGWW Wiki!</div></p>

Return to Character Closet