Geoffrey Fulmer

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Lauritz Melchior

Geoffrey Fulmer

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:10 pm

Name: Geoffrey Fulmer
RPer: Lauritz Melchior
Race: Human
Height: 4'8"
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Grey

Appearance: The most noticable quality of Geoffrey is his rather severe hunchback which leaves him standing only 4'8". Whether he was born this way, or an incident from his past gave him with his hunchback is unknown. Geoffrey is a proud man, extremely stubborn, and insufferable as company. Most of his time is spent complaining about the popular culture of the day. He begins almost every sentence with, "When I was your age..." and sees society as decadent. He is never seen without his tweed jacket. It is a dull-brown, the type of brown that is almost awkward to look at. Geoffrey never fails to tell you about his experiences in various wars, and more often than not he embelishes the story beyond any semblance of reality. It is doubtful as to whether he actually lived through most of these wars, much less fought in them. Knowing Geoffrey, he was probably an assistant cook in the military. Geoffrey rarely resorts to physical violence, but can defend himself with almost any blunt object.

(So, that's Geoffrey Fulmer, as of now my only RP character.
Click on this link to see the only RP that Geoffrey has so far participated in: Delta City
Or to see his first character description, click on this Delta City OOC

I've only recently started RPing, but have been thinking about RPing for quite a while. I've read over some of the old ADV! EZBoard, and first discovered RPing there.

Oh, when I joined the Delta City RP, I was given the ability to "create bubbles." I can create two types of bubbles. "Type A ignores gravity, and control it's movement etc. [i] can enclose people, as air gets through."
The other type of bubble is basically a stronger version that "cannot ignore gravity."

"If a bubble is broken [i] take mental backlash, which could cause internal bleeding, unconsciousness, or death."

I don't know if Geoffrey Fulmer will have those powers in Gaera.

Oh, heh, I ended up joining the AIM chatroom "CI Of Newness", where I promptly made multiple social blunders. I think that I'll get a bit more experienced with RPing before I interact in there again :D"

EDIT: How do I give a specific title to a URL
[/i][/i]

Edited by: Lauritz Melchior at: 3/28/05 23:32

pd Rydia

Re: Geoffrey Fulmer

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:15 pm

Oh...try turning off the 'convert URL links thing.' It fucks with link codes. :[

Re: Idran

HTML is bettar! :0 <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/05 23:17

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:18 pm

I dunno how with ezCodes, because they're lame. BUT, with HTML:

Holy Shit I'm text!

<a href="">
this opens the link

[/url]
This closes the link. Don't forget to close it! That slash is important.

Incidentally, for italics, you do something similar.

WE'VE GONE CRAAAZY AT CRAAAZY AL'S! TAKE OUR CARS, TAKE OUR TRUCKS! WE'VE GONE CRAAAZY!

Again, remember to close the tags, or else the italics will go on...FOREVER! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">"Pants are bad!!! We should wear pants only on our head you conformist bastard!!! Pants are the devils work!! Run freee!! And pantless!!!" -- Vulture</div>
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:19 pm

When linking URLs:

Remember to include the http:// part (hard-link).

If you don't, it'll link within the website you're on. In this case, the forum. :[ <p>
</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:07 am

The HTML code didn't work, but thank you all the same.
I noticed something interesting while attempting to edit my post. I typed in all of the 's with 'I's, but they all came out as 'i's.

On a completely different note, I am quite excited about having finally joined this forum.

[i]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:12 am

Same reason for both of those, actually. You need to set your post formatting to use HTML instead of ezCodes to get HTML to work. And because is an ezCode symbol, it tried to parse it and decapitalized it. I think. Which is interesting if true, because it means you can't infinitalicize something in ezCode.

Anyway, the ezCode method of doing a link: [link=http://address goes here]like so[/link] <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>[i]

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:21 am

This may be, but more knowledge never hurts! <p>

</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:34 am

LIES AND TRICKERY.

You never know when your brain might fill up!

*ezplodiates!*

Oshit, not again! <p>
</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:42 am

Thanks! I ended up using Idran's because it looked easier. I might try HTML once I'm a bit more confident with using these boards. Oh, Rydia, here's a spare Alligator License that I happen to have on me. Unfortunately, it's only valid in Djibuti.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:48 am

...Wait, Firefox doesn't mess those up for you? Always sticks them at the end of the message for me, no matter where my cursor is.

Also: Looks like I was wrong, and ezCodes do mess up italics the same way HTML does. So to get the rephrasing asides to stay, you'll either have to use HTML, or use something other than a square bracket around the I's. <p>

</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 3/29/05 1:51

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:52 am

Do like I do. Abuse the handy little cheater buttons above and to the left of the text window. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:15 am

Once in a great while; but generally they are at the end when I do them, as I do them when I encounter them whilst typing. Depending on how annoying the process is, I will generally use them, then C&P them when putting the cheat buttons to use. <p>---------------------------

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:24 am

Ah. Darn, thought you'd found a solution. :( <p>

</p>

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:21 am

Could you explain the bubble thing? <p>-------------------------
Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."
--Rose:The Golden Girls</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:15 pm

Quote:
"Type A ignores gravity, and control it's movement etc. can enclose people, as air gets through."

Woah, she's like Misery.

Er, ignore this post. <p>

Image</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:34 pm

Basically, I was told that I had the ability to create bubbles that could encapsulate people. Said people could breathe in the bubbles, and type I could control Type A's movement, but not Type B's. I'm not quite sure if I'm able to get into Type A bubbles.

I'm thinking that I'll just start as an old geezer on this board, without any bubbly powers.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:12 pm

I think that would be a good idea.

Also, fix your personal icon. <p>---------------------------

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:20 am

Quote:
Woah, she's like Misery.

Heh, I'm a guy (=B
I get that occasionally because my name sounds like Lauren or Laura. I got the name of Lauritz Melchior from a Wagnerian tenor. It just seems like the perfect name for a forum or an RPG.

EDIT: I thought that I'd changed my profile to only have one picture, but now they're multiplying like crazy. I'll figure it out though.

Edited by: Lauritz Melchior at: 4/3/05 2:31

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:07 am

Quote:
I was told

Who told you that?

Someone tell me that! <p>-------------------------

"It's like that old Scandinavian saying. You can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk real fast or you'll DIE."

Kai

Unread postby Kai » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:12 pm

I repeat all of my previous questions. <p>-------------------------

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:14 pm

...why is all of the conversation in this thread about HTML, Firefox, and various outside references, and none of it about the character? <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:31 pm

The bubble is simply a power that I have in this other RP. I've decided to not keep that power in this forum.

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Ohhh... so your one of those ADVers, huh? Those no-goodniks are always up to no good!!

*whistles tunelessly and rolls eyes as he hides his ADV account behind him* <p>---
My head moves around inside the bag, it's not like I'm drinking through my actual eye socket.</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:48 am

Now that I'm not being lazy...

This sounds to be one of the more interesting unsociable character types as yet. I'd like to see him RPed. <p>
</p>

Lauritz Melchior

Unread postby Lauritz Melchior » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:40 pm

Thanks! I'm seeing about having him join in the Isle of Ecestrim RP. He's also in Delta City where I've had a bit of fun with him.

Edit: Heh, pleased to meet you Mechanisto (=B

Edited by: Lauritz Melchior at: 4/13/05 14:30

Return to Character Closet