Molokidan`s sheets!

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Molokidan`s sheets!

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:03 am

Freestyle sheet:

Molokidan:

Name: Molokidan S. Tunksuu
RPer: Molokidan
Race: sushijin
Height: 6`0"
Eye color: blue
Hair color: blue

Molokidan comes from a tropical island far south of Igala. His tribe, the sushijin, were killed off in a mysterious attack when he was barely a teenager. He traveled from the island to Doma, where he was accidentally involved in the "Dark Fanrico" incident. From then, he has lived in a spare room in Kotoki`s Inn, and working there as a bartender. Despite his dark past, he is a unnervingly enthusiastic, young adult. He`s very energetic and smiles a lot. . .sometimes too much! He was handed down the "Chopstick Katanas" from his grandfather, the leader of the tribe. These weapons look like two small chopsticks, but can transform into two long, slender katanas when a sushijin holds them. He`s known for his amazing speed and overzealous nature.

And now.....Philsys !

Background:

name: Molokidan -
eyes: blue -
hair: blue -
height: 6`0"

Molokidan comes from a tropical island far south of Igala. His tribe, the sushijin, were killed off in a mysterious attack when he was barely a teenager. He traveled from the island to Doma, where he was accidentally involved in the "Dark Fanrico" incident. Ever since, he has lived in a spare room of Kotoki`s Inn, and working there as a bartender. After the destruction of the inn, he wandered the streets of Doma for a while, and eventually got a job as a courier, which he has worked as ever since, always searching for clues to the murderers of his tribe. Despite his dark past, he is a unnervingly enthusiastic, happy young adult. He`s very energetic and smiles a lot. . .sometimes too much! He was handed down the "Chopstick Katanas" from his grandfather, the leader of the tribe. These weapons look like two small chopsticks, but can transform into two long, slender katanas when a sushijin holds them. He`s known for his amazing speed and overzealous nature.

--Basics--
Name: Molokidan S. Tunksuu
Race: sushijin
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 75
Max MP: 25
Max TP: 20
Initiative: 6+2d6

--Attributes--
Courage +2
Wisdom +1
Intuition +2
Charisma +1
Agility +4
Dexterity +4
Strength +2
Stamina +4
Magic Aptitude: #1

Base AT/PA - {10/10}
Modified for skill - {Base + part of skill value/base + remaining skill value}
Modified for equipment - {mod for skill +/- equipment penalties/mod for skill +/- equipment penalties}

Body: Light Tunic (AC 5) (Weight 1)
Head: Bandanna (AC 1) (Weight 1)
Ring: Speed Ring (Speed Up)

Weapon Damage - Chopstick Katana (x2)
Thrusting - 5 + STR+1d6}
Slashing- 11 + STR*2+2d4}
Chopping - 13 + STR*3+2d6}

--Skills--
[k]Katana Art - 3
[k]Cooking - 2
[k]Navigation - 1
[s]Underwater Breathing
[s]Double Weapon Fighting - 4 <Dex>
[s]Swimming - 2 [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/26/04 8:43 pm
[/i]

FlamingDeth

Re: Molokidan`s sheets!

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:20 am

Note: At level 1, you can have a total of 21 points in stats! You have 27. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:23 am

This may be the fact that I just got home from work talking, but my god, those attack names are awesome, even if they need numbers and such attached to them.

And yes, stats are way too high. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:48 am

Thanks guys! Fixed the point error. However, about the points and stuff, Shinigori, Archmage`s guide says to leave the points and stuff up to GMs, or is there still something I forgot? o_o; <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:19 am

Just a chronological note for you, Dan, but Molokidan's age should actually be around 21 now, since The Hit happened 7 years ago as best as I could pinpoint it. I tried putting together a timeline of the various RPs on the board here, if you want to check it, or at least catch up on some of the stuff you missed. Though it's only accurate up to October of last year, since that was the last time I updated it. >_> <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:20 am

That's scince changed, it's done on one's own for the most part, with a bit of help from someone who knows what they're doing. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:21 am

Some other notes.

It's suggested you look at other people's sheets and extrapolate weapon stats from those.

And if you're going to have a tech involving katanas, I seriously suggest putting skill points in some sort of katana skill (as in a normal skill, because [k]Katana Art just isn't going to cut it for this case). On that note - if your character is going to wield two weapons at once, you need the Ambidexterity skill (at an equal or higher rank than in Double Weapon Fighting). Problem is, as far as I know, your character does not have the minimum Dexterity for either Ambidexterity or Double Weapon Fighting. (Minimum Dexterity required for the former is +3; minimum for latter is +4.)

While we're on skill points.... maximum of 4 ranks in a skill at first level. Which is only violated by the Katana Art knowledge skill.

Also, I imagine 'Martial Arts' and 'Unarmed' are essentially the same skill. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here.
And I've been having image trouble, so those are out for a while. </span></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:25 am

Okay, I fixed the stats, they should work..added ambidexterity and double handed fighting, fixed the point error, and added a seperate katana art.

I updated the weapons as well, the chopstick katanas stat, I just took the short sword, downed the thrust and upped the slash a little. I figured that would be okay? And his armor is really pointless anyway, just put it there to take up space.

So, how does it look? *sigh* 21...he`s gotten too old! This is really going to affect his character.... <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/14/04 8:38 am

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:49 am

... Yup. One last thing everyone kidna didn't mention. Sensative subject.

There was a big war storyline that happened a while back, and Kotoki left the board, likely permanently, right before a Giant demon fell on Doma and...

Anyway, Kotoki's Bar and Inn is no more. Mr. Molo likely needs a new place to live. This happened in the winter. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Cute and fuzzy with sharp pointy sticks!</div></p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:29 am

...Oh, right, that too. Forgot that about Molokidan or I would have mentioned it.

...Or if I had thought to reread his background up there, apparantly. >_> <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:05 pm

If it makes ya feel any better Molo, took me months to realize this with my own characters. ^_^; But it worked out in the end, and left me some buffer space for *insert random plotty event in the past* to boot, hehe.

Also, just because he's 21 doesn't mean he can't still be a wee bit silly, if that's how you prefer him to act sometimes. Look at Choark. =P

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:21 pm

You know, it's funny. I, theoretically, could find 'toki if I had her real name and whatnot, since she lives in Victoria.

So, if you want the Banj to do that, um, yeah. If anyone can hook me up with a first and last name, I'll see what I can do. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:39 pm

I have no idea what Div is talking about, since plenty of people involve [s] skills in techs.

Also, no, Jooie, we aren't going to go hunt down people offline who left the board of their own free will. *punch* <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Those are awesome attack names.

Lessee... Underwater Breathing doesn't need ranks. You can make it an innate skill; since it's unlikely he's going to learn to breath water better.

Or is it more like special aesthetic style breathing techniques for the gilled? That's workable

It may be advisable to redistribute your points a bit. So far, Molokidan does nothing that isn't going around and stabbing things. He has no skills to reflect any outside interests in life. Nothing to reflect hobbies, interests, or things he learned along this great winding road we call life. The sheet isn't just a summation of how well a character jabs pointy bits into fleshy bits. It reflects the skills they can do inside and outside of combat.

I can tell you from experience on both sides of the GM's screen, its not wise to skimp on noncombat :% <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:58 pm

Hmn...I think that ranks in swimming, cooking, and knowledge of the seas would be some non-combat stuff that's very fitting for Molokidan, and they also have a good chance of becoming useful.

Plus, cooking is neat. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 9/14/04 4:59 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:49 pm

Quote:
I have no idea what Div is talking about, since plenty of people involve [s] skills in techs.

Well, FD, if a character is going to have a tech involving a certain weapon, it would be logical to have skill with that weapon.

And skill with that weapon means points in a weapon skill. THAT'S where supplementary and knowledge skills are insufficient - normal skills are required for proper weapon proficiency last time I checked. <p>

<span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:52 pm

Ah, I see. . .thanks everyone!

Wow, I didn`t know about the big war or anything. . ahh, this is troublesome indeed. Yes, I`m definitely behind. . .well. Kotoki`s Inn being no more, and whatnot......And I definitely need to add some more colorful skills, I`m embarrased that I overlooked that. Thanks again everyone! <p>---------------

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:55 pm

Div: He has [S] Katana Art and Katana Skill.

That's a full rank skill in weapon use. Just named a tad different. <p>
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:11 pm

I thought he had the normal Sword skill before?

Cause that's what I'd do. Sword + [s]Katana Art. :O <p>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:49 pm

Pervy: My original comment - which I had to guess FD was talking about - had been made before Molo changed it. This had been when he DIDN'T have Katana Skill listed.

I was referring to that in answering FD. <p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Okay, I added some more detailed skills, does it look good?

Molokidan`s race is born with gills on their sides. So, it`s an innate ability of his to breathe underwater. So I guess it doesn`t need points, like you said. I forgot about that!

Also, is "Naivety" considered a skill? o_O <p>---------------

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:27 pm

I wouldn't think it would be a skill.

Unless, for some reason, someone is trying forcably to block out learning anything that would reduce naiviety.

Not naturally that way, intentionally trying to do it. <p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:49 am

....does that mean I have to add it to the Neo Vanist list now? <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:40 am

Yeah, sure. <p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Kamome Metro

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:01 am

(Edit #1: Fixed techs, added some proper out of battle-skills History revamp coming.)

Name: Kamome Metro
Race: Alahi Drow
Height: 6`3"
Eye color: yellow
Hair color: black

Kamome is the second child of Vance and Asura Metro, and their only son. He has an older sister, but when he was 18, and she was 20, she left home and never returned. He did the same when a letter from his sister, Victoria, came later, beckoning Kamome to leave and make a name for himself, and then someday fight his own sister.

Kamome's body, in itself, is not built for battle. His is tall, slim, and not muscular at all. He has thin dreadlocks pulled back into a short, spiky ponytail, and is never seen without a pair of neon green goggles on. He is often seem wearing cloaks and tunics in shades of green and brown, along with a cream white scarf given to him by Victoria.

In his childhood, his power was more of a drawback than an asset to him. He could not use it properly at such a young age, and people would often make fun of him and ignore him because of it. His grandfather, father and his sister are the only other three people he has ever met that could use the "power." It was said to be only in males of the Metro family, but when his sister was born, that theory was thrown out the window. No one knows who is born with the gift of "materialization", but it opens up a very shaky path for them to follow throughout their lives. Kamome was under incredible pressure from his father to master the power, as a child, and become the greatest materialization user in the world. Kamome never had such 'delusions'. He longed to be a normal Shadow Magic user, and live his life quietly as a farmer.

However, the legacy of his family haunted him. During his childhood, fighters would come monthly, sometimes even weekly, from various places to challenge his father to a duel. However, none of them were ever endowed with the power of materialization, and they were all outsmarted one way or another. If that was one thing that Metro learned from his father, it was the art of deception. And to never trust anyone -- especially not the man himself. When he left home at 20, it opened up a whole new feeling of freedom that he had never experienced before. He was attacked by a band of thieves after his first week on the road, and he killed them all quickly, by materializing the first thing that came into his mind - blades. From then on, he came accustomed to materializing arrows and blades to match those of his attacks. For once, he was enjoying training his power, and feeling the rush of combat.

The fear still hung with him, however, of suffering the same fate as his ancestors. His grandfather was completely bonkers, and as he left, his father was a little over 48, and already had a long history of talking to himself, seeing things, and mild amnesia. Kamome tried to forget it, but there were always those lonely nights where he would simply sit and brood about his impending doom.

He has been in Doma for one month now, looking for a steady job as a bodyguard or simply a bounty hunter. And of course, to continue his search for another Materialization user.

--PHILSYS--

Background:

name: Kamome Metro -
eyes: yellow -
hair: black -
height: 6`3"

See above, under the freestyle background. They're both the same, anyway.

--Basics--
Name: Kamome Metro
Race: alahi drow
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 65
Max TP: 20
Initiative: 6+2d6

--Attributes--
Courage +2
Wisdom +3
Intuition +4
Charisma +2
Agility +4
Dexterity +1
Strength 0
Stamina +2
Magic Aptitude: #3

Base AT/PA - {10/10}
Modified for skill - {Base + part of skill value/base + remaining skill value}
Modified for equipment - {mod for skill +/- equipment penalties/mod for skill +/- equipment penalties}

Body: Leather Suit (AC 6) (Weight 4)
Head: Goggles (AC 1) (Weight 1)
Ring: Eclipse Ring (Shadow Mag/Def Up, Holy Mag/Def Down)

Weapon Damage - Too many to count. But here's some examples:

Standard Blade - These, at maximum capacity, are three-foot long blades that have the same width of a butcher knife. (Think something similar to Anderson, if you're a Hellsing fan.)
Thrust - 7
Slash - 10
Parry - 13

Standard Arrow - These are just normal wooden arrows. I guess I'll just give them the standard accuracy of a normal crossbow, although they are ejected from his body using physical force.
Accuracy - 18

--Skills--
[k]Materialization Theory - 4
[k]Human Anatomy - 2
[k]Survival - 3
[k]Negotiation - 3
[s]Acrobatics - 2 [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/26/04 2:47 am
[/i]

Jak Snide

Re: Kamome Metro

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:09 am

Alright matey, let's have a look. Firstly I'm wary of this character since a lot of emphasis is placed on his unique powers, which often leads to the RPer, no matter how good he is, using them as a crutch when it comes to distinguishing the character. However, the background is solid enough. I've not got much knowledge of the Alahi drow, but it looks good. However, I'm wondering how his family was treated due to their "gift". Were they see as abominations, feared by normal people? Did these fighters come and challenge his father out of fear and revulsion?

As for how his powers are implemented, I suggest using the item creation spells from the spellbook and modifying them to fit how his powers work. Lower the MP cost and and an HP and/or TP cost, perhaps. As for his projected arrow attack you could use the spell "Hail of Arrows" as a base. This way you'll be able to implement his powers in PS without having to have a GM carefully check each spell/tech for balance.

As for skills, I'm wondering where torture came from. There's no mention of his family practicing it in his background. Where did he pick it up? I also suggest you drop [s]Materialization, since the spells are going to work like modified item creation spells. Stealth should be a [s]skill, which would replace [s]Remaining Unnoticed. Last skill that needs a look at is [k]strategy. That's the sort of thing a captain of the city guards would have, not someone used to one on one combat. Finally, since you'll have a few free skill points should you make those changes, you might want to consider getting some non-adventuring orientated skills. Surely his entire life can't have been spent just training, right?

Also, something to consider; if he's an untrusting sort who generally keeps to himself then he's not going to mix easy with other PCs. An inquisitive nature about the outside world would help overcome the indoctrinated mistrust of others and make it easier for Kamome to integrate into RPs.

You've got an interesting concept here which can definitely work. It just needs a bit of modification so he'll be easier for PS GMs to handle and mix with other PCs more easily.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 10/26/04 2:11 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 am

Thanks Jak. This is exactly the kind of help I needed, since what I'm really working with here is a type of spellcasting that is basically new to Gaera. I'll take a look at the Item Creation and the spells, and add them where needed right now.

About Torture...yeah, I had 1 point left and just threw it in there. =P I removed it.

About Strategy, I was thinking more of "battle strategy", but I bet that is sort of already covered by Observant, or something? I'll remove it.

And, I will add more information about his family as well as his true "untrusting" nature.

Thanks a lot, Jak. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/26/04 2:18 am

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:16 am

No problem, mate. Looking forward to seeing the update.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:32 am

Information about Alahana:

<ul><small>Original creator is Nekogami, currently managed by UnclePervy. Current government type is democracy. Official religion is Zen-Gaeraism. Currency is the yuro. Predominant resident race is Alahi drow.

"Alahana is the traditional home of the Alahi Drow. It is a capitalist's dream; much like Nekonia in many ways, the Alahi believe in self-sufficiency and success. Failure is not punished by the government; punishment itself usually comes from how the Alahana society treats the errant individual. Alahana is a collective society.

"The government is a democracy with a Chief, the head of state, and the Tribe, the regulating body. Both Chief and Tribal Members are voted into office. The Tribe has 53 member from each of the main cities and surrounding areas.

"Alahana hasn't changed much at all since it's beginning. There were always separate tribes of the Alahi Drow but they seemed to get along very well, both in trade and whenever Alahana was threatened by neighboring islands. Wars between tribes were few and far between but usually very violent as extreme insults were the result of conflict.

"In 1209, the Tribes met at their yearly meeting and decided to unify under one leader but still have representation of each tribe. The chieftains decided to give the power to the Alahi people and allow them to vote for who should be the state Chief. Elections ran for a year and it was decided that Maarkus Aareli would be the Chief. Then for 6 months representatives for each area were voted in and set up for state. Bourswa, home of Aareli, became Alahama and capital of Alahana.

"Few other major changes have taken place."

--Nekogami</small></ul>

Alhana is on the continent of Argovia, to the south of Igala. The equator passes through one of those islands to give you an idea of the climate. It's smaller than Igala, which is smaller than North America.

Other races you might find living on Alahana are races from nearby islands such as the Long (Argovian dragons), Peli bastet, humans, immigrants and visitors from Igala, immigrants and visitors from Chuushima (not as common I'd suspect), magical visitors from Prandia (doubtless to be RARE), and possibly curious dragons from the Mount. There is information about the Long, bastets (Peli bastets are different from those listed on the race tables, in culture), and such on the site. Also, there is information about the various nations of Argovia on the site as well. :o <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:08 am

*taps Molo* South of Igala...Igala. Not Gaera. Unless Molo came from OUTER SPACE!

[edit] (Darn, I was kind of hoping he came from outer space...) <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 10/26/04 3:20 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Islands of Ecestrim Sheet

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:08 pm

Sorry it ended up so long, I got carried away...

Azuka Ingram
Race: Elven

Abilities and "stuff": Azuka, while very lithe and tall, as is the standard fare with elves, is a total klutz. In fact, he used to study archery, but gave it up because had never, ever managed to even hit the target. Being a lightweight, there was really no other route for him to take but that of magic. He specializes in water and wind magic, and can even cause himself to levitate at times, provided he doesn't ruin the incantation and cast a sleep spell again. (The two spells are unbelievably similar!) Besides his offensive abilities, he has also dabbled in healing and protection arts, mostly because he's such a wuss and can't bear to take a straight hit.

Physical Description: Azuka stands tall, with long blonde hair in a ponytail behind him, and thin white glasses. He has a long, thin nose, and rather chiseled face his body looks so emaciated that it loses most of its heroic flare. He wears a dark blue tunic, and leggings, with a large grey cloak over them. He refuses to wear any sort of heavy armor, because it makes him too tired to walk with it on. On his back a long, wooden staff is strapped, which can be used for thwacking if needed, although he can't swing it more than five consecutive times before his arms start to hurt.

Backstory!: He was born in Foreline, a son to the Grand Master of Archery in his village, his father, Sir Pelsley Ingram the Third. His mother had had considerable influence on the choosing of Azuka's own name, so that they wouldn't have to deal with another Pelsley in the home.

The name was not where the similarities ended, however. Even as a child, Azuka was a complete failure in everything that his father wished for him to do. Archery? He nearly shot his instructor twice. Foresting? He'd sneak off and pick flowers for his mother instead of studying them. Hunting? He was too afraid to shoot the animal, because it might get mad at him and attack.

When he turned six, his father was nearly at the end of his wits. They had only had one son and one daughter. Who would carry on the family line of excellence in archery? Surely not Azuka's older syster, Eden, who had already prepared for her future career: a dancer in the tavern of a neighboring town.

When Azuka approached Eden with questions about why she chose such a low-brow profession, Eden simply responded with an answer that Azuka was surprised to find fell quite close to home: "I don't have to do any real work, and yet I can still be successful."

Eden was indeed pretty, and was even taller than Azuka, who was a bit below average in terms of height for elves. Azuka had always looked up to her as a great example of how to live through life with a carefree, anything-goes attitude, and how to treat others fairly and with good spirits. Sure, she was irresponsibile, and completely devoid of any sort of work ethic, but he liked that for some reason. Maybe because it was so opposite from his slave-driving father.

At age 16, 5 months before his 17th birthday, he left home in search of Mageleron, in order to continue his training as a mage, and hopefully gain some new, unique magic. He had been secretly studying from the village fortuneteller as a child, and had learned all the standard healing, defensive, and offensive wind/water magic that she had known. Azuka had considerable trouble with advanced things such as "Typhoon", which involved the summoning of a monstrous wave, but hey, who wouldn't? He could shoot his finger like a water gun, that had to count for something.

So he set off that day, on his small, one-man boat, which he propelled himself by a magical wind stone given to him by the fortuneteller as a parting gift. (He was too lazy to row anyway.) He lacked any sort of money to pay for a straight ferry there, so there was no choice left but to go himself. He had never been on the sea before, but he felt he could do a decent job. He had all the maps he needed, food supplies, everything!

His family waved goodbye to him; unfortunately, however, his sister Eden was absent. She had become part of a traveling muscian troupe just a year earlier, and Azuka had promised to meet her someday later down the road, when they both had traveling experience under their belt. That was all the more reason for him to leave, and become a skilled, successful magician!

He was unbelievably excited to reach Mageleron, where people there would finally accept him, and where he could start a new, successful life. So when he showed up at the island of Terra Fester, he could hardly believe his eyes.

He immediately looked back at his maps, the ones of the outer island of Foreline, of the route from.....Foreline to Terra Fester...no wonder that idiotic mapmaker had given him such a good deal!! He had bought the entirely wrong maps! How could have been such an idiot? He had been so excited, he had completely overlooked the text on the map...

He made his way to the inland of Terra Fester, not one to be discouraged by such a 'minor setback'. Immediately upon reaching the first village though, he had seen a cute young girl on the ground, moaning in pain. She had apparently fallen from her tree, and her arm was broken. The first thing Azuka had done was to shout out to help, but strangely, no one had responded. So he bent down and healed the girl himself, naturally.

This was the wrong thing to do. Apparently, healing without an official healing license in Terra Fester was a strict law, and a few days later, Azuka was thrown in the county prison, in a dirty cell, next to murderers, thieves, the, whole like. Well, he certainly had some trouble on his hands this time...especially since the bed had only one mattress, and a single tiny pillow, to boot! How did they expect people to sleep on these things?

(OOC: I think I'll expand on the last few paragraphs in my introduction paragraph, to make things more concrete about the island. Sorry if I rambled on..) <p>---------------

Return to Character Closet