Hello. My name is SpriggleLeaf...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
SpriggleLeaf

Hello. My name is SpriggleLeaf...

Unread postby SpriggleLeaf » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:34 am

Hello, my name is Spriggle Gigglesprout Leaf of the Greenthumb Seedclan but everyone just calls me Spriggle. I am a male-ish Pixie... at the moment... anyway. You see, Greenthumb Pixies, as a race, tend to lean towards an adaptive, amorphic, and even hermaphroditic bent... Unlike parrotfish, however, this change can be rapidly and continuously switched at will, or may occur automatically due to specific circumstances. Besides the obvious reproduction benefits, this ease of transformation is especially helpful in pulling of the occasional prank.

I'm 336 years old, which may sound impressive to short-lived species but in relation to my peers, I'm old enough to be counted as an adult, but still young enough to not be taken very seriously...in pixie standards.

As a woodland creature, I am obviously a follower of The Green Man and Earth Mother, though I wouldn't necessarily call myself devoute.

I'm quite well off financially as I'm a self-employed Herbal Horticulturist Extraordinaire. I also specialize in raising Praying Mantids and Ladybugs for pest control.

I'm an unwinged pixie with a pesky penchant for pranks as well as a metaphorical man-sized mountain full of mischief. I'm proud of being extraordinarily tall and thin for a Greenthumb Seedclan pixie, measuring in at a whopping 7 inches (that’s 17.7 cm for you metric loving beings) I have waist-length deadleaf brown hair and a slightly lighter deadleaf brown skin color with slight spring-green hint which turns autumn orange when I blush.

My limbs may look like long, fragile twigs to most big folk, but I can assure you that my strength is quite Hercu-pixielean in proportions. I've been known to wrestle the occasional rat and even some of the smaller feral cats that hang out in the Seedclan territories.

My eyes are huge and deep liquid-black, though most of the big beings would have to look very closely to see the color as they are most often quite squinty depending on how much I happen to be laughing, drinking, or smoking at the time.

I have a large mouth filled with razor-sharp pointy teeth but I only bite when harvesting my crops or in self-defense...or for a belly rolling laugh if the opportunity is just right. I usually find just about everything funny so you will most often see me sporting an ear-to-ear and toothy grin.

Now, I'm not much into the fancy designer flower clothing that so many of the even younger pixies seem to be parading around in these days, but I won't be caught dead without my green leaf-hat and my favorite green loin-leaf. I also wear a pure gold loop earring in my left ear to signify that I've past the first level of the Greenthumb maturity test.

I once had a human draw my picture, wanna see it?
berns.iwarp.com/artwork/spriggle.jpg
I nearly drove this poor woman insane with my pranking skills before she finally cracked and drew my picture. I really think she captured my essence in this one.

Let's not underestimate my pesky penchant for pranks and mischief... but that's the deep and eternal nature of a pixie... now isn't it. If it has the potential to make me smile and giggle like a ganja-smoking garden gnome... then it's just got to be done.

Most of my pranks are harmless, though I'm fiercely protective of my garden as well as my herds of ladybugs and praying mantids. Let's just say that I have been known to crack open the occasional seed of prank-whooparse on a hungry caterpillar or floppy-eared rodent.

I spend most of my free time laughing like a loony leprechaun, drinking copious amounts of alcohol, and smoking happy herbs with the Treetrunk Tricky Gnomes.

As for magical abilities, I can use my Greenthumb magics to grow plants at an incredible rate of speed. I currently hold the forest record for fast-growing an ancient oak out of an acorn in 10 minutes flat.

I can also briefly blink in and out of the invisibility plain. This is especially helpful if I'm startled or trying to pull off a really juicy prank.

I've also got a healthy dose of the magical healing touch, but at my size, I tend to use it mostly on plants, smaller animals and wee folks like myself. I am, however, probably strong enough in the arts to help out a "bigun" if the injury isn't too bad... but that would require lots of concentration and effort. I've never been overly fond of concentration or effort.

I count the following skills as being positive:

Even among the Greenthumb Seedclan elders I have a reputation for being phenomenally good at growing plants. As I mentioned in the Magic's abilities, I currently hold the record for fast-growing.

I also have a huge weak spot for animals... except for those nasty plant-eating floppy-eared villains. I have two of the fastest and most beautiful racing cats in the entire area as well as several well trained-rats to guard my crops and insect herds.

I have incredibly good plant and animal communication skills and have been called upon to help mediate some very touchy woodland negotiations.

As I mentioned before, I'm quite strong for a pixie of my stature.

As for my weaknesses:

After a night of drinking, smoking, and eating, I often have flatulence that could strip the bark off of a giant redwood. Though I wouldn't necessarily consider this to be a bad quality... as it makes for some excellent pranks... but it seems as if most biguns have no appreciation for the finer points of stink bombing.

Honestly, I really should put this up there with my strong points. I'm quite proud of my gastrointestinal gems, but I guess only a pixie and the Tricky Gnomes can truly appreciate such talents.

I suppose biguns also frown on excessive drinking, smoking, and pranking too, so I should put that down here as well.

Perhaps I should really tell you a little bit more about myself so that you can get a greater understanding of my nature.

Well, I was born in 1668 in the spring. My mother was a phenomenally beautiful green-haired pixie named Spriggalindella Leaf of the Treetop pixies. When my father first saw her, Gigglesprig Acorn of the Greenthumb was so incredibly attracted to her that she changed sex for her right there... in front of everyone. One minute she was helping with a harvest and the next minute "he" was tripping all over himself to fall at her feet. As my father was also quite a beautiful pixie with long flowing orange locks... it was love at first sight. The mating was brief and fruitful and afterwards Gigglesprig decided to switch back into female to better help Spriggalindella with the pixlet-rearing.

At an early age, the elders realized that there was something pretty special about me. I was fast-growing before I was even out of rose petal wraps. Unfortunately, for everyone, my pranking ability developed just as early and there were dozens of pixie denizens with more than a few bones to pick with me before I even finished my pixling lessons. Due to a barrage of revengepranking, Sprigalindella and Gigglesprig decided to move a few human paces away into the countryside. Here, under a sheltering oak on the edge of a huge grassland was where I first realized my strong connection with animals.

I stole my first racing cat from an inattentive tabby while she was mouse hunting. What she didn't realize was that the mouse was working for me. While he was leading her on a merry and fruitless chase over the grassland, I kittennapped her biggest boy by luring him away with the promise of delicious rat's milk. He just couldn't resist. I raised this ginger tabby tom to be one of the fastest studs in the entire area. I knew he would be something phenomenal just by looking at him... and I was right. He won his first tree-climbing race when he was a mere 9 months old, his first cat fight at 10 months, and his first Flatopen Haularse at 11 months... the rest is history.

Soon enough I had pixies and other wee folk coming to me for the Tom's stud service and I was making a tidy sum. Even though I was only 177 years old at the time, I decided that it was time to live on my own. Both of my mothers were getting bored with the country life anyway and wanted to move back into the colony, so it worked out well for everyone.

I kept the oak next to the field, and turned the property into the most productive herb garden/biological pest control farm/racing cat stable in the entire forest. I currently employ nine Treetrunk Tricky Gnomes to help me take care of everything and share in the bounty and benefits.

Now, no matter what anyone says, Tricky Gnomes are excellent, honest, and hard working folk. I can trust them completely to run things while I'm pixing around in Taverns, Inns, or the occasional farmhouse, and as they live with me on the property, I find it easy to slip away for some quality prank-fun every now and then.

My most prized possessions are my huge and prosperous Herb Garden/Biological Pest Control Farm/Racing Cat Stable which gives me continuous and rich supply of funds, and my pets and herds.

On my property, I currently have two racing studs. A ginger tabby descended from the original, and a smart, sleek, black tom that I rescued from a witch burning ceremony. I also have eleven quality females that produce some of the finest kittens seeds can buy.

I have a kennel of over 70 rats to keep intruders out. These are some of the biggest, smartest, most loyal, and vicious battle/attack rats available. I hand-raise and train them myself.

I also have two thousand head of ladybugs and another one thousand five hundred praying mantids of various subspecies on the property. Not only are they great for keeping hungry bugs off of my herbs and the plants of my customers, but they are also quite loyal and hilarious at parties.

The mantid egg cases have been a very lucrative business opportunity for me. Almost as much as the herbs... but not quite.

As for writing style, I'm quite capable and even fond of writing about myself in the third person, but for my introduction, I thought it best to type in the first person.

Well, now that you know a little more about me. Here's hoping that I might be welcome to join in the fun around here.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Sad Shada in Snow?

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:45 am

Well, one main thing first; this forum really doesn't use in character dialog outside of an RP. Other than that, I can't really comment on the specific details of the character, though I'm sure someone'll be around fairly soon to do so. I will say that unless you're planning on creating your own RP in your own setting, you'll likely have to shift the background details, as I don't know of any current RPs that it would fit into, especially considering the number of specific datapoints you've mentioned. I would suggest at least looking at the information on Gaera found on the main site here, as most RPs on this board are set there, but it's by no means required to RP here. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

SALSAlys

Unread postby SALSAlys » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:42 am

Normally characters don't introduce themselves so thoroughly, but you've definitely put thought into this and read the rules. Kudos!

So... yeah. I'd like to see you RP sometime. The crazy RPGWWers are usually available on AIM in the chatroom "RPGWW Chat", crazily enough! Only without the quotes.

Good ta see ya! *thumbs up!*

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 1/31/05 11:31

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:25 am

SpriggleLeaf seems to have fluttered onto two other different RPing places and shortly after disappeared. Must be those evil humans! <p>

<span style="font-size:x-small;">I can't wait to see the terrified looks on their faces! They're so adorable when they do that!
</span></p>Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 1/31/05 11:26

Return to Character Closet