Character idea!

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
StOrMxWiZ

Character idea!

Unread postby StOrMxWiZ » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:40 pm

Hello,
Here is the idea for one of my characters. Please tell me what you think of him.

<span style="color:navy;">SPECIAL DELIVERY</span>

Character’s Name: Kai
Full Name: Kai (Solus) Aurion
RPer: StOrMxWiZ (AIM: Lithium Kraft)
Race: 100% Generic Human
Height: 5’11
Eye color: Dark-purple on the outside, and dark-purple mixed with a touch of dark blue on the inner area of the eye before the pupil.
Hair color: Lightish-dark brown with a shiny touch to it.

Normal Equipment: Longsword, Buckler, Breastplate, Shoulder & Arm..armor (heh), Leg armor, and Boots. Under all that stuff he wears a comfortable cotton shirt and pants accompanied by wool socks.

Motto: “Those who can…should. Those who CAN’T…should shut up.”

Background: Kai was normally a loner, but he feels better when he’s in a group of people that he can go on adventures with. He considers himself a Mage Knight and can use both powerful magic spells and powerful physical attacks. One of his major drawbacks is that he gets hurt very easily and would normally be the first to fall in a party.

Some history: Kai only remembers waking up in some strange unknown town with cuts, gashes, and dried blood all over him. He had his sword in his right hand and his buckler was on his left elbow. He still had his battle armor on. He tried getting up but couldn't move his body, until eventually a few people found him. It was then that he eventually got used to living in this new town, and decided not to dwell on the fact that he didn't even remember anything before this new town.

Since Kai has no memory of his past, so later at night he usually stands on a cliff, overlooking the ocean while his cape blows in the wind. This is his way of meditating. Unfortunately, if you disturb him while he's meditating, chances are, he'll fall off the cliff. It's happened once before, and Kai would not appreciate falling over 50 feet down into the freezing ocean.

Kai has a pet Cockatoo named Munchie that usually flies around with him or sits on his shoulder. It can talk and imitate sounds to a certain extent, but it has trouble memorizing complete sentences. Munchie takes first impressions of metting new people VERY seriously, and acting like a dweeb when Munchie first sees you usually results in having Munchie peck you whenever she sees you.

Physical Attributes: Kai is slender and does not weigh much. He wears a dark shade of purple armor, much like his eyes, and has one special set of armor he keeps locked up for safety. Kai is a very fast sprinter, as he takes advantage of his sleek build.

Specialties: While Kai has a special ability to combine magic with physical damage, the one thing he’s always been able to do is bring humor to an otherwise dull day. He often clumsily trips on said objects, forgets what people tell him to NOT forget, and makes fun of people.

Overall, Kai can be summed up as the following phrase, “You can’t live with him…you can’t live without him.”

- - - -
Image This is my first character, so try not to take me down and beat me with rules, rules, and more rules. I just want to RP!!

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=stormxwiz>StOrMxWiZ</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/13/05 16:24

Uncle Pervy

Re: Character idea!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:54 pm

I believe you were working with Brodzky Zero to learn the ropes. I'd suggest you talk with him some more, and have him help you. <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>Edited by: Uncle Pervy at: 1/7/05 21:55

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:09 am

As a freestyle character, I guess it works. The main question is... What now? Freestyle characters tend not to have much in the way of previous existance until they're created for a specific purpose. Usually, characters who are stored in the Closet have lots and lots of numbers and/or lots and lots of history that are resources which multiple people can draw upon at once. I can give you some impartial criticism before other, more sarcastic and less polite people come along and do it completely free of charge.

Ahem. Your character is an amnesiac, which is something people at this board tend to dislike. Since everything that goes on on this board is outside of the universe of Gaera, it is not necessary (though it is quite fun!) to withhold information about a character's past, since other people's characters won't magically learn that information because their players read your post. If you really, really want an amnesiac, write the history and then post it, and just state that he doesn't remember it.

If what you want is a character whose history really isn't an issue, then write an amazingly dull history.

In your character sketch, you kind of leave us bereft as to who the character is. You do give vague hints about both strong magical and physical abilities, but you don't tell us how he acts, what he likes, or why he feels that amnesiacs should all stand on precipices while wind whips at their long, flowing garments.

This character has MCFS- Mysterious Cloaked Figure Syndrome. Not very bad- it could be MUCH, MUCH worse. But giving him a cloak, angst, and comedic innocence and clumsiness doesn't make up for a lack of personality and definition.

I'd like to direct you to the Character Creation thread in this same forum- it has a bunch of helpful tips as to how people on this board like their characters. Not necessarily for building better characters, mind you, just more suitable to the board's tastes.

Finally, I'd like to once again remind my esteemed colleagues that if someone asks for help and/or criticism, it is not necessarily helpful to direct them to talk to someone else who may or may not be easy for them to reach. If someone is drowning, it is not usually the appropriate answer to throw them a cell phone and then ask them to call for help. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:22 am

I should probably apologize to Pervy about that lake incident, then. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:55 am

No you shouldn't, he deserved it and you know it. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>
This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Grimlock in a Santa hat! He's quite jolly.</center></p>

Return to Character Closet