character idea...

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
ziratha

character idea...

Unread postby ziratha » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:10 pm

Tell me what you think, I think it's good, but tell me what you think, Is it cheesy? Or is it good? Is it stupid? cliche? or what?

Outside of a small town near doma city, there is a
temple, a temple of music.

In the back of the temple, there is a door, with the inscription, "Here lies the angel of music, here lies aria, awaken him you great and wise musician, awaken him with an offering of that which is perfect in form."

The first to try his luck, was a man named david, a great musician of times past. He journeyed many miles to arrive at the door, and was welcomed by a great crowd. After a short time, he played a tune of such beauty that all the crowd was moved to tears. But aria did not awaken.

Another notable musician was named peter, He arrived, again to a great crowd. He walked up to the door, took out his violin, and played a single perfect note, but aria did not awaken.

Finally there was edward, an musician of some skill, but a man who was wiser than many. He walked to the door, alone, silent. He simply said, "Oh great creature of beauty, I am an imperfect musician, my music is flawed. I will now perform for you the only perfect piece I am capable of playing, silence."

After a few moments, the door began to open, and a voice began to sing,

"Oh, wise person of music.
Where have you been for so long?
You had the wisdom to wake me,
How could *they* all be so wrong?

Oh great musicion of singing,
The power of music endows you.
the veil of perfection is wrong
my spirit and yours end as two.

Oh creature of beauty
I've yearned for freedom so long,
Become one with the angel,
And become one with the song!!

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: character idea...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:42 pm

Look, look! Enlil has a stalker! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Jeridan the Red Nosed Garoujin, had a very shiny nose!
And if you ever saw it, you'd even say it glowed.
All of the other Garou, laughed and called him names!
And then poor Jeridan, lost his temper and blasted their brains!</div>
</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:09 pm

Ow. Ow, my brain.

Bes got it right on point ;_; <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image
Why Barius has no Christmas</div></p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:51 pm

It wouldn't fit with Gaera as there'd probably be more than one angel of music. And I don't know why one would be sealed; if they were looking for something, they'd do better to actively search than to sit sealed ina temple for ages.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:21 pm

A musical based celestial wouldn't fit anyhow. Music is not a devotion. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image
Why Barius has no Christmas</div></p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:40 pm

Holy hot-dog, you people... how can music *not* be a form of devotion?

It's one of the most beautiful forms of human expression imaginable. Music, song and dance have always played a strong role in many religions old and new, for celebration and rituals. <p>---
My head moves around inside the bag, it's not like I'm drinking through my actual eye socket.</p>

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm

He's refering to Celestial devotions. Music is not an ideal to live your life by. It's be like living by a devotion to a golf club, because you find the sport amazing somehow, or to pizza because you feel it's taste is superb.

A thing can be great and still, just by default, not fit the bill of a devotion. You can really love it and have a devotion totally unrelated to it of course. o.o ... But being an angel OF music just doesn't fit with the current Celestial set up. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Jeridan the Red Nosed Garoujin, had a very shiny nose!
</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:24 am

In the case of Enlil; whom this character mirrors more at present than I like; music is how she expresses her devotion.

It's very questionable as to why there would be a temple of music itself (for the reason Bes brought up), and why an angel would be sealed in it, and why no one would be aware or have already released her, given how close this place is to the perpetually curious clutches of Doma City.

Also, this thread has reinforced how much I need to get to work on updating the information on Celestials/ <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:18 am

The concept is reasonably sound, so long as you stretch active definitions of what an Angel is allowed to be, but it doesn't really fit into Doma all that well. It could, indeed, fit into Gaera, since vast tracts of it are far from developed, but you'd need to find a territory to tolerate it in and you might want to read up a bit on the Theological mechanics of Gaera.

As a side-note: Ziratha can't possibly be copying Enlil. It might look like Enlil, but I doubt that Ziratha read Enlil's sheet and said "I want one, too!" Remember that not everyone is as enlightened on these subjects as any of you are since not everyone's been around since the beginning.

Finally: Ziratha, I understand your urge to try new things and to make a splash, but it might be a better idea to not be quite so radical in terms of canonical manipulation and instead create a more mundane and not-all-that-special character in terms of numbers and ancestry with which you can feel out the world. At risk of sounding mushy- it matters not what is on the outside, but what is on the inside is what counts. Make a character who lives without pushing any boundaries. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung

"I eat the talking bees because I am George Washington Christ"
-From "Bob the Ball"</p>

ziratha

ok, that useful info

Unread postby ziratha » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:17 pm

Thanks, thats useful info. And honestly I have no idea who this other guy is, whom I *supposedly* copied.

Actually the character wasn't locked away, he was dead. With the ability to be rebirthed if the riddle was solved.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: ok, that useful info

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:52 pm

My enlil comment was a joke you know. This angel does resemble her in ways, and she's very well known so it got picked up pretty quick. Sorry and stuff. <p>
</p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: ok, that useful info

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:03 pm

If this angel was dead, it would take quite a riddle to bring it back. Resurrection of an celestial requires something equivalent to a fairly high level of divine intervention. And given that it seems to have been dead for quite some time (longer than the 48 hours required by a resurrection spell), it would take a higher than average level of intervention.

This also begs the question: Why, ICly, a riddle revive it? Who would put Aria through such a complicated system to be revived? Why not simply do it, and let Aira go back to its duties? <p>---------------------------

Your are not supposed to be reading this!</p>

ziratha

well you see,

Unread postby ziratha » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:21 pm

Well, you see, aria isn't a specific angel, its more of an essence, an idea, or ability, that is imparted to you when solve the riddle. He wasn't revived, although his previous host was dead, he was newly born, born into the one who solved the riddle.

Uncle Pervy

Re: well you see,

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:33 pm

Hmmm. Explain this a bit more. I'm not entirely certain what you're taking about, and it sounds like it may be something a tad OOC, so more details, please.

Also: Uncle Pervy at: 1/11/05 19:37
[/i]

Return to Character Closet