A System for Second Gen

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
wkz

Re: A System for Second Gen

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 14, 2004 10:23 pm

Yikes, me bad, posting a First Gen character in a 2nd Gen thread.
(I originally thought this was only a discussion of the RPGWW modified windows system)

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: A System for Second Gen

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat May 15, 2004 7:33 am

S'alright. And yes, windows is mainly used for second gen, and philsys or freestyle normally for first. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

THE Dan

Hmph.

Unread postby THE Dan » Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 am

So, since this is getting on my nerves, and potentially on some others'.

I have to ask that Second Gen no longer be considered under the Window system, and, like every other setting, have systems used for it as sees fit.

I have reasons for what I am suggesting.
Firstly, it is giving some people the idea that Pervy controls Second Gen. While I would not like to brag about it, Second Gen is my invention, and I do NOT want to see it fall under anyone's hands. And as I am here, I am trying to make this so.

Secondly, I feel like restricting a time period to a system is quite stupid. While it is good to use certain dice in RPing, and Windows surely makes a good replacement to usual d6sys, I feel like stating that there is a system for an RPing setting is only restrictive, and makes no sense whatsoever.

Therefore, I say off with this idea.

Someone

Unread postby Someone » Mon May 17, 2004 11:35 am

Dan, I can't help but wonder why you've decided to wait until a few months shy of a complete year after this topic was started to state this.

One would think you'd have had your complaints sorted out at an earlier and more logical time instead of, well, now.

Beyond that, you're asking people to 'off' the idea. I'm presuming these people have used the system for some time, so why are you asking them to drop it NOW?

Elementalist Daien

Re: .

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon May 17, 2004 2:54 pm

Hn. Good questions. So they get answered.

First off, I did not have a problem with having Windows as a system for Second Gen at the beginning. That is because I did not understand what the implications would be. And, as for another reason why I'm talking about these people now, and not before, it's because after the first time of RPing, when it didn't seem to have that much effect, there was a bit of a lull in 2nd Gen RPing. Now that it's slowly picking up again, I'm seeing these occur.

Secondly, these people are loathe to start RPing simply because they feel a bit limited in their choices because that's what is stated. Besides, I feel like, as said before, the idea is stupid. Setting a system for a time period has only unnecessary restrictions. Therefore, I would like to see what people think, and preferably a reply from Pervy himself.

Finally, as for your comment about the supposed "OLD thread revival", I felt like this was the right thread to do so in. If you would prefer I do it in a new thread, so be it.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 5/17/04 2:56 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon May 17, 2004 2:59 pm

There is a difference between 'Using the Windows System for a setting' and 'solely using the Windows system' for a setting.

Dan is saying that the latter is bad. o_o <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon May 17, 2004 4:04 pm

It should be noted: This was done when Second Gen was still in it's early stages. I didn't feel PS or anything else I knew well enough to GM by was appropriate for the group I had. So I altered Window and shared it in case others wanted to use it.

If people want to use other systems, so be it. I would like to see it be the Second Gen standard, but if people don't want it, so be it. I won't bitch and moan. But I am going to use it for my own RPs, regardless.

I would like to see ways to convert sheets from one system to another, though. There are a number of Window sheets that have a fair deal of XP, and I would hate to see it be totally tossed out in another system. And if someone wanted to move from, say, PS to Window, I think they should be allowed to carry over what XP and such they gained.

<p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Previous

Return to Character Closet