My character

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
ziratha

My character

Unread postby ziratha » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:35 pm

*note will change herb names if somebody tells me what
herbs exist....

Richard Dregh Was born Peter Richard Dregh, son of Mary Ann Dregh and david, Mary Ann Dregh was a nurse, David was an angel. Mary raised Richard to love all things natural, David has not been seen since richards conception. Richard continues to be a naturalist and lives in nature to this day. He wanders simply to find himself, to see what he really is. Richard has mixed Angels blood in him and can transform into an angel as well as a dark angel.

Ok he's an angel and he's a sort of half good half evil angel. His father was a dark angel, His mother was an angel, his heritages are somewhat incompatible and are both trying to take control, so he's either mostly dark angel or mostly angel at one time.
Basically He's usually balanced and appears human, when he unbalances via evil or good acts he transforms temporarily into the appropriate form. For example if he kills somebody he'll turn dark, if he saves somebody he'll turn light. However his behavior is influenced by his form, so if he turns dark, he'll be more violent and evil. In very rare cases if both forms are apropriate he will form a mix of both to become his chaotic form.

Appearence:
Shoulder lengh dirty blonde hair,
blue-green eyes, about 6' 2"
145 pounds.
Wearing:
skins,
leather boots
carries a wooden crossbow.
Angel form:
Long blond hair to small of back.
deep blue eyes
White robes with a blue cross on back
White bird like angel wings with a goldeen streak
Dark angel form:
Long Brown hair to small of back
Deep green eyes
Black robes with upsidedown Red cross
Black bat wings with Blood red veins.
Chaos form:
Long half blond half brown hair braded together
one green one blue eye
Mixed white and black robes with the words
Sort of an uppercase I , half normal blue cross and half
upsidedown red cross.
One white wing one black bat wing.

Ps, fixed the 7 point problem.
Courage - 1
Wisdom - 6
Intuition - 5
Charisma - 1
Agility - 1
Dexterity - 1
Strength - 3
Stamina - 1
Magic Aptitude - 2
HP -- 60
MP -- 75
TP -- 20
Initiative -- 2+2d6
AT/PA -- 9/9

42 skill points

Equipment:
Heavy Crossbow (2H) 13 acc        +9 damage        8 weight        +3 requirement
50 Bolts: 22+2d4
Hide Armor        15        -2/-2        20        6        +1
Leather Helmet        10        0/0        5        1
Heal potion*3
Antidote potion*2
Quick potion*1
herbs:
Ive,4;
Dandeli,7
Liliy,8
Bloodvine,12
Firebranch,14
Chaoscreep,8
thundive,3

Skills:
[k]Cooking 2
[k]Animal speech, Can speak to animals 2
[k]Herb knowledge 2
[k]Magical Creature Knowledge, He has seen and learned of many creatures, including magical         creatures 1
[k]Mathematics 1
[k]Navigation 2
[k]Poisons 1
[k]Potions 2
[k]Traps 1
[s]Find Traps - <Int> 2
[s]Swimming - [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ziratha@rpgww60462>ziratha</A:] at: 10/17/04 6:08 pm
[/i]

The Great Nevareh

Re: My character

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:45 pm

A question:
What level is this character? <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:51 pm

Probably 1, since he's got 20 TP. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:40 pm

Just some nitpicking about your character's race. . .

I see the transformation skill, and I understand the whole "alignment" procedure, which is pretty neat. But, does this mean that your character's true race is not a full-blooded "angel"? Half-angel? You stated that he has angel blood in him, but that was it. In Gaera, angels are a seperate race. Unless you're making a completely new type of angel, if your character is an angel, he would be in the form of such at all times. Or, of course, if he's a halfling, in which you would need to specify another race. Do you see what I'm saying? Rydia knows more about the angel race than me, so she would probably be the best to talk to.

I hope this doesn't come off as bitchy or anything, I'm just trying to clear things up.

EDIT #1: I see you added some more race information, which is cool. So he's half-angel, got it. As far as I know, there is no "Fallen Angel" race, but then again, I'm not as up-to-date on information as some people. I'd need a second opinion. But otherwise, it looks good to me. . .but someone else needs to come look at this, too. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/16/04 10:18 pm

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:27 pm

Your race can be whatever you like. The only technical gripe I have is that no stat can be higher than 6 on a level 1 character. Your spells are strong, but severely limited so I don't see a problem there. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:30 am

Align confuses me. A lot.

Also, may I suggest a spellcheck? <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:41 am

I think it has something to do with DnD's alignment system. Which, of course, we have nothing to do with. I would suggest a more thorough explanation, a complete reworking of it, or plain old taking it out.

If I'm off the mark, tell me. <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:21 am

Actually, it looks like it determines the form used with his Transform magic; whether it results in an angel or fallen angel. Although, I'm not sure if Align should be a spell, given that is the case. Rather, it seems that it could be done purely through roleplaying instead. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin
</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:59 am

Alright, a few questions. What's the reasoning behind obsidian skin? After all, unless I've missed something, he's not made of rock.

Next, transform. This strikes me as potentially involuntary. ie if he passes a certain level of good or evil, he'll transform, like it or not. Is this the case?

Thirdly, what exactly is the purpose of align? It strikes me as more of a book-keeping note rather than a tech in its own right. Certainly not something that should use MP.

Personally, I'd draw up a chart for personal use indicating various acts and their impact on his alignment (for want of a better word). Make some provision for resetting it (eg prolonged meditation), or even consciously shifting his alignment in a particular direction temporarily.

A final suggestion - you might want to add in flight under skills. <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 am

There seems to be some sort of confusiong here! Also, I like stating the obvious.

Angels are a race. They are, oversimplified, winged humans with an affinity for blood magic. There aren't "dark angels" and "light angels" any more than "dark humans" and "light humans". Now, what you're probably thinking of are Celestials, which are far closer to the "traditional" angel. However, to my knowledge, they don't actually experience any sort of sexual desire, much less any that would result in some sort of offspring, and I'm not entirely certain that they come in the "light" and "dark" varieties, either. Someone else (most anyone else, actually) knows more about it than I.

Also, you could skirt the issue entirely and declare the character an offworlder! That seems to be a fairly popular idea. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 am

Celestials do not experience sexual desire or have any instinct to breed; this is due to being immortal. Some do, if they feel it is something they need to bring a child bearing both parents traits into the world, but this is not a very common event. They can intermingle with some other species, but this is a very rare event. <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

ziratha

Unread postby ziratha » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:08 pm

If angels dont normally have a sex drive, A fallen angel might, see a fallen angel is basically an evil angel.
Fallen angels were known for having sex with women in ancient times, their offspring supposedly were giant humans, aka goliath. A fallen angel might have even forced himself upon an unwilling female and a child might be born in this case. Vary evil.

Bajnooie

NEO VANIST ASSESSMENT TIME <3

Unread postby Bajnooie » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:47 pm

Diran: I....um.

Nagan: Ziratha, uh, I...

Pelos: Well, um...

Hzar: That. Is...

Meldon: Alright, um..

Yinnea: There..aren't...words...

Jinto: I...I...

Bessie: Moo. Moo MOOO...Moo Moo. <RIGHT. Let's get started then, shall we, since you've managed to break the minds of the Neo Vanists?>

Bessie: Moo Mooooo, Moo moo, Moo Moo moo.<Of course, doing this alone is no fun, so we're going to use Sally the Hoof Puppet to assist. Isn't that right, Sally?>

"Sally": Mrph Moo! <That's right!>

Bessie: Moo MOO. Moooooo....moo moo, Moo, Moooo! <FIRST off. We'll start with the history. Richard Dregh WAS Peter Richard, but now he's just Richard.>

"Sally": Mrrph Moo Mrph! <Peter just wasn't cool enough of a name. So, yeah. Richard. Son of Mary Ann Dregh...what kind of an angel is named 'Dregh', anyway?>

Bessie: Moomoo....Moo? Moo! Moomoomoo... <Perhaps...one from the 'Dreghs' of society?! Hoohoohoo...>

"Sally": Mrph, /moo/, MOO! <So, anyway, he's a 'naturalist', which is utterly disgusting, folks..>

Bessie: Moo moo moo. MOO moo. Moo moo moo. <No, no, no. LIKES NATURE. Not that kind.>

"Sally": Moo. <Oh.>

Bessie: Moo mooo moo. < Now, mixed angel's blood, can transform into a good or evil angel. Which is funny, because Gaera doesn't have those!>

Sally: Moo. <Moo.>

Bessie: Moo moo. <So, basic worthless nonsense about OMG HE CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER HE'S GOOD OR EVIL, so he turns back and forth depending on what he does. And what he does depends on his forms.>

"Sally": Moo MOO moo moo. Moo mrph? <..You mooed all that in two moos. And Circular Logic is great?>

Bessie: Moo moo. Moo moo moo. <Moving on past the point-form description; Shoddy work, friend..>

"Sally": Moo moo moo! Moo....moo moo moo... <We have a stat whore! ...who has picked a bunch of stats I don't think are even in Philsys...>

Bessie: ...MOO!? Moo moo MOO! <TWINK! 1 Dex, uses Crossbow!>

"Sally": Moo! Moo moo moo moo! <Yay! A bunch of irrelevant items!>

Bessie: Moo, moo moo moo... <Skills that are there for no reason...>

"Sally": Moo Mrrph moo moo... <He can summon animals because he can talk to them!>

Bessie: Moo! Moo MOO moo moo. <Desecrate at level 1!>

"Sally": Moo....moo moo. <And rather than RPing his changes, he has a useless stat system!>

Bessie: Moo! <Brilliant!>

"Sally": Moo MOO moo. <It's TRASHBIN time!>

Bessie: Moo moo Moo! Moo moo moo moo. <This has been a bovine Neo Vanist Assessment! We hope you've enjoyed it.>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Yes, that /was/ me.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: ...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:52 pm

Who else would it be? <p>--------------------
ImageAnd remember kids, SMOKING IS WRONG...</p>

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: ...

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:54 pm

That bessie is an awesome cow. Does she write poetry? <p><div style="text-align:center">

The lunatic, the lover, and the poet Are of imagination all compact: One sees more devils than vast hell can hold, That is, the madman: the lover, all as frantic, Sees Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt: The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling, Doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven; And as imagination bodies forth The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing A local habitation and a name.
Willy Shakespeare</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:39 pm

Right, more points. I'm a tad confused on exactly how a fallen father and a human mother lead to a half-celestial, half-fallen child. Surely it would be half-human, half-fallen.

Next, being a jerk (or nice as the case may be) strikes me as a symptom, rather than a cause of an alignment shift. Otherwise you get a self-perpetuating system, in which one trait or another reaches fixation, and the other vanishes. Of course, all things remaining equal, you get that anyway due to random chance.

Acts of kindness or nastiness and killing or healing stuff are a pretty narrow spectrum, too. Intent is a far better indicator. Killing a wolf in self-defence is different to killing it for its pelt, which is different again from killing it because it wouldn't stop that bloody howling. <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

ziratha

My response

Unread postby ziratha » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:56 pm

MOooMOO moo MOooMOoooOOOmoOOOOOoooMoooo

Ok so anyway please, helpful critisiscm only please. If you have suggestions then please help me out. Thanks for the feedback.

Uncle Pervy

Re: My response

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:05 pm

Trust me, Banj gave very helpful criticism. Take it to heart. <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:18 pm

<ul>"Good sir, you seem to have the mistaken idea that Gaera has good and evil angels; it does not. Please note the above comments on the differences between angels and celestials.

"Also kindly note that fallen 'angel' (celestial) is not an inheritable trait--a celestial earns the title of fallen in whole, not in part, only through his or her actions.

"The fact that he cannot decide whether or not he is good or evil falls under the heading of "cliché." It's simply bad form, chap. *tsks*

"In addition, please note that someone with such a low dexterity may not be very good with a crossbow. Also, your character seems to have a good deal of irrelevant items, as well as skills that are there for no reason.

"Also, I seem to be confused about this summoning animals through an ability to talk to them? Summoning, you understand, is its own branch of magic that requires special training...just because you can talk to an animal, doesn't mean it will be friendly by any means, any more than talking to the school bully will make him or her more friendly to you. For that matter, I'm not sure how is it that he can talk to animals? It is not an innate talent of celestials."
</ul>
Perhaps this interpretation of Banjooie's post is more palatable to you, sir.

I am in agreement with Brother Pervy, there are many good points Banj brings up. <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 10/17/04 11:25 pm

Banjooie

Re: .

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:33 am

You've gone and brit-ified my post.

brb, suicide

k back:

GOD SIR U SEM 2 HAEV TEH MISTAEKN IEDA TAHT GAERA HAS GOD AND EVIL ANGELS IT DOAS NOT11!1! LOL PLZ NOTE DA ABOVA COMENTS ON DA DIFARANCES BTWEN ANG3LS AND C3L3STIALS

ALSO!1111 WTF LOL KINDLY NOTA TAHT FALAN ANG3L (CELASTIAL) IS NOT AN INH3RITABL3 TRATE-A CAL3STIAL EARNS DA TITLE OF FAL3N IN WHOLA NOT IN PART ONLY THROUGH HIS OR HAR DA1!11 LOL FACT TAHT HA CANOT DACIED WHETHER OR NOT H3 IS GOD OR AVIL FALS UNDER TEH HEADNG OF CLICHÉ!!!!11 OMG WTF ITS SIMPLY BAD FORM CHAP!!1!!!1 LOL *TSKS*

IN ADITION PLZ NOTE TAHT SOMEONA WIT SUCH A LOW D3XT3RITY MAY NOT B VERY GOD WIT A CROSBOW111!!!11 OMG LOL ALSO UR CHARACT3R SEMS 2 HAEV A GOD DAAL OF IRELEVANT IETMS AS WAL AS SKILS TAHT R THEIR FOR NO R3ASON

ALSO1!11!!11 OMG WTF I SEM 2 B CONFUS3D ABOUT THIS SUMONNG ANIMALS THROUGH AN ABILITY 2 TOK 2 TH3M??!???!! WTF SUMONNG U UND3RSTAND IS ITS OWN BRANCH OF MAGIC TAHT R3QUIERS SP3CIAL TRANENG.JUST11111!!!1!!!1!111 B/C U CAN TOK 2 AN ANIMAL DO3SNT MEAN IT WIL B FREINDLY BY ANY M3ANS ANY MORE THAN TOKNG 2 TEH SKOOL BULY WIL MAEK HIM OR H3R MORE FREINDLY 2 U1!!111 FOR TAHT MATER IMM NOT SURA HOW IS IT TAHT HE CAN TOK 2 ANIMALS???!!!? OMG LOL IT IS NOT AN INAET TAELNT OF CELASTIALS
11!!1 OMG LOL <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/18/04 12:53 am

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:45 am

And fer our more chicken-fried readas

Yall liss'n here. "Good sir, yall seem ta have the mistekkn idea that Gaera has good an' evil angels; it do not. Please note the above comments on the differences between angels an' celestials.

"Also kindly note that fallen 'angel' (celestial) ain't not an inheritable trait--a celestial earns the title of fallen in whole, not in part, only through his or her actions.

"The fact that he cannot decide whether or not he is good or evil falls under the hidin of "cliché." It's simply awful form, chap. *tsks*

"In addition, please note that someone wif such a low dexterity may not be very good wif a crossbow. Also, urine characner seems ta have a good deal of irrelevant items, as well as skills that year there fer no reason.

"Also, I seem ta be confuset 'bout this summonin critters through an ability ta talk toem ? Summonin, yall understand, is its own branch of magic that requars special trainin...just 'cause yall can talk ta an critter, doesn't mean it will be friendly by any means, any mow than talkin ta the school bully will mekk him or her mow friendly ta you. fer that matter, I'm not so nuf how is it that he can talk ta critters? It ain't not an innate talent of celestials." Ya reckon?
<p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

ziratha

I meant

Unread postby ziratha » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:37 pm

I didn't mean him, i meant the people who said one thing only.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: I meant

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:20 pm

Vague, party of X? Your table is now ready! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Cute and fuzzy with sharp pointy sticks!</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/18/04 4:21 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:34 pm

If someone is giving you feedback, you have no right to complain. "One thing only" can be as helpful as many things.

If by "one thing only" you mean people who were responding to someone else in this thread, they have a right to do so. This is a public forum. Also, if this is what you meant, you need to be more clear in stating what you mean. If you know what I mean. If you know what you mean. <p>
</p>

Mechanisto

Unread postby Mechanisto » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:48 pm

Agility +1?

Clearly you don't intend to get the most out of those wings. <p>---
My head moves around inside the bag, it's not like I'm drinking through my actual eye socket.</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:19 pm

Hi Mechanisto! You should post more often. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 pm

It is suggested that you join up here, Ziratha. <p>
</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 10/18/04 10:37 pm

ziratha

huh?

Unread postby ziratha » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:09 pm

what do u mean pd rydia? And ignore my other comment, I misread something.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: huh?

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:27 pm

It's a side-section of RPGWW, dedicated to teaching people how we RP. Character creation, developement, story building, grammar and spelling, most everything.

Diane has suggested you go take a look and soak in some edjumacashun. :o <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Cute and fuzzy with sharp pointy sticks!</div></p>

Return to Character Closet