Name: Ordinator

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Ordinator

Unread postby Ordinator » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:18 pm

Race: Draconian
Level: 17
Deity: Ryuugami
Class: Warrior

Stats

STR: 67
DEX: 32
WIS: 28
INT: 39
CHA: 45

Skills

Climb: 19
Disguise: 5
Jump: 15
Armor Craft: 17
Weapon Craft: 17
Writing: 72

Languages

Draconic: 100 Not Enough words to describe.
Earthen Common: 100 Not enough words to describe.
Elvish: 12 Ick...
Dark Elvish: 5 You SUCK!

Items/Equipment

Iron Ration X20
Flask of Water X20
Back-Pack X1
Bedroll

Armor

Cabilis Breastplate
Cabilis Greaves
Cabilis Left Pauldron
Cabilis Right Pauldron
Cabilis Left Gauntlet
Cabilis Right Gauntlet
Cabilis Left Boot
Cabilis Right Boot
(Not done yet)
Cabilis Right Arm Band
Cabilis Left Arm Band
(Okey now I'm done)

Weapons

Cabilis Claymore (Two-Handed sword not a frickin' land-mine)
Cabilis Nightmare-Wood Bow
Cabilis Bone-Shaft Arrows X1

Magical Items

Endless Quiver (One arrow in the quiver, unlimited arrows when pulled out becuase another one takes it's place)
Trapped Money Puch X2
Bag of Holding

Jewelry

Cabilis Ring
Cabilis Ring
Cabilis Necklace

Money

Gold Pieces (GP) x7198

Description

Red scales, yellow eyes, eight 1/4 feet tall, razor sharp teeth, two inch long claws, and a reaction time of 0.190. Do the math.

Bio

Made a name for himself in the human world as "The Gnoll Slayer", when he heroicly came to a human woman's rescue when she was about to be attacked by a group of Gnoll Bandits. Killed them off in a Random Encounter battle and so won fair lady's heart, blah blah, end of story.

GC130A

Unread postby GC130A » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:35 pm

what

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Name: Ordinator

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Someone needs to read the "resources for the character making process" thread before putting up their sheet...

And if you're looking for it, it's the second thread from the top of this forum. Can't miss it. <p>--------------------
Image I HAVE FURY!</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:15 pm

What the fuck. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:19 pm

It's a trap! <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 pm

Read this, please

Whatever system that is, we don't use it here. If you're interested in RPing, please create a character using one of the systems we use. Of course, not all RPs need you to have a set of stats.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 pm

1) Telling by the diety name, it seems that you've gone through at least some of the guide. Groovy.

2) He needs a backstory and a personality. The numbers don't do anything for us.

3) Whatever system you're using, it isn't standard for this forum (or at least, for the RPs in the main world). This makes the numbers absolutely useless.

Suggestion: Work on creating the actual character, and save the numbers for later. If you want to attach some numbers to them, then I recommend PhilSys, the system that's usually used here. However, note that this should come second to the character itself. <p>

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">
*Megaman sounds like a little girl*-Uncle Pervy, on the Voice Acting in MM8</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 9/21/04 11:25 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:53 pm

lamest troll ever <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:55 pm

This guy is a huge dragon with a 72 in writing. That alone makes him the coolest guy I know. <p>---------------

"Well slap a dead fish on me and call me Molokidan!"</p>

The Great Nevareh

Name: Ordinator without a system.

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:02 am

He's also starting at level 17. Which, if I remember correctly, shouldn't be possible.

Your sheet means absolutely nothing since it has no system identification and its numbers are a bit too large to be Philsys (the local system which was designed by someone who predates time). Your character has no persona and no background, which generally removes the whole "character" aspect of creating one. I'm repeating things that have been previously said because I, as many will tell you, am a robot. Or something like that. You never know.

*Sentai Pose!!!!!* <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: Name: Ordinator without a system.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:12 am

It's a trap! <p>
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

PopoSujo

Unread postby PopoSujo » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:05 am

Is it just me or did like three people say the exact same thing to poor Ordinator?

<s>Keep your stats, rebel against authority, sunder Gaera with your mighty dragon reading skills.</s>

DM: Or he could be wise and simply correct his mistakes! You know, saving everyone the energy of yelling at him and all.

And your sig makes small children cry themselves to sleep. :( <p>
Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dragonmistressscv>DragonMistressSCV</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/22/04 8:14 am

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:00 am

Popo: No.

Shut the fuck up.

New guy:

Don't keep these stats.

Don't even THINK about keeping these stats.

If you even dream about keeping these stats, I will shoot you the moment you wake up. <p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:42 am

Shini managed to lay the smack down AND insult Popo in the same post. That's quite a feat, everyone. *awards him with a cookie*

(No offense Popo =) <p>---------------

Ordinator

Unread postby Ordinator » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:55 am

Yeah.....Er...Listen, man, you got some frickin' issues. Right about now I would call the Cops and have them track down your IP Address for Online Harassment and Threatening, but I see your point. 67 STR? Bye bye cabilis breastplate. 72 in Writing? Later, Cabilis Ring and Cabilis Ring. And starting at level seventeen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Bye bye....everything else! I was wondering if you could start with a oremade character? 'Cause if you've ever played any Dungeons and Dragons, the Draconians are from the Waterdeep setting in Forgotten Realms, and, fi you've played Third Edition and/or looked up the word 'Cabilis' in the item's golssary section, then you should be able to find the entire list of armor/weapons/jewelry that I just posted there. And some of the armor/weapons/jewelry have magical effects with boost my stats. So, ther eis really nothing wrong with my character BESIDES the level 17 thing. But....Uh.....Yo mods/ops/admins/supa admins...Go ahead and delete this topic whilst I whip up a character! Image

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:06 am

HAHAHAHAHA. <p><div style="text-align:center">
</div></p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:08 am

Here's a better idea!

Say what the fuck system you're using, for one. Numbers are meaningless till we know how they're used.

Secondly: You still need a backstory and such. For the love of god, read up about Gaera before even thinking about attempting to make one, or I will SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD.

Alternatively: Run away and never come back :( <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>Edited by: Shinigori V2&nbsp; Image at: 9/22/04 8:15 am

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:44 am

So you're a D&D character with STR 67?

Go to Ayenee.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:36 pm

I think what's he's saying is that these cabalis items give major stat boosts. Of course, instead of counting them as a single set of armour he's listed each armour piece, and multiplied said stat bonus.

Also, I now agree with Pervy's statement. :o

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:33 pm

we don't allow Epic here

lamest troll ever:(

Zemyla

Re: .

Unread postby Zemyla » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 pm

Besides, Ordinator sounds like either a title (in which case, we need his real name), or like he has really screwed-up parents. <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

<span style="font-size:xx-small;">I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English
Ultimately, wizards and clerics don't say, "Gee, I want to become a lich because weapons hurt less and I don't have to worry about being backstabbed; that whole 'eternal life' thing is just a fringe benefit."-Darklion</span>

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:42 pm

IT'S A TRAP! <p>

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:57 pm

Quote:
Right about now I would call the Cops and have them track down your IP Address for Online Harassment and Threatening

Aside from the inappropriate capitalizations, what the hell?

The Great Nevareh

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Is this the sort of thing we need a canary for?

Also: I don't remember there being a "writing" skill in 3rd Ed or 3.5.
Also: I had a character who was level 27. He had 4 million gold's worth of equipment. All of it put together would not match the bonus granted by any of the items you listed.
Also: Your character is missing several of the hallmarks of a D&D character. No THAC0 and no AC, for one. Also, you have no HP, no initiative, no feats, no max ranks, no player class (Warrior is an NPC class), no references, no attack bonuses, no racial abilities, no class abilities, no current EXP, no weight class, no encumbrance, no speed, and the way you lay out the scores you do grant make them entirely unreadable and indecipherable to a potential DM (Or GM, depending on your taste). This character looks more like an undissected Everquest character than a D&D character. I would be willing to say you just ganked a character you found online and are using it here, since this ain't no D&D character. It might be an addled, retarded, fool bizarro-world D&D character with some work.
What else...
Oh yeah. Random Encounters do not exist. Think about the logic behind walking around and a group of opponents walk up and decide they want to fight you to the death without any known reason behind it.
Some questions:
What was a "Fair Lady" doing in the middle of nowhere where she could be besieged by gnolls without any kind of guard about her at all?
How does a character who at most knows 100 words of the language he is best fluent in able to communicate in any way, shape, or form?
What exactly is an iron ration and why is it better than a normal ration?
Isn't carrying around 20 full meals and 20 flasks of water kind of... inconvenient and difficult?
Also, isn't carrying around 7000 pieces of gold inconvenient and difficult?
Does your character wear any clothes? You don't have any listed in your inventory.
A nightmare is an evil mythological horse that has flames for a mane and tail. I have never, in all of my days, seen a nightmare be anything different. So, where does the wood come from?
How do you have one "Bone Shaft Arrows"?
What measure are you using for "reaction time"?
Is your character angsty, dark, and mysterious? If so, does he wield angsty, dark, and mysterious powers that you do not deign to tell us here?

As a rule of thumb, whenever going to a new community, don't ever, ever come in with a pre-made character. Make a new one to suit the feel and play of the place. It is also never a good idea to start an RP without having the vaguest notion of what a community expects of one.

Also: Have I fallen into the trap, yet? I think I have, because I'm late to class.

Edit for Lorax: He's referring to Popo's entirely legal signature program. So long as Adware is legal, so it any other kind of tracking software. Plus he just made up two crimes on the spot. I didn't know "Threatening" was a crime, and if "Online Harassment" is a crime, then I know a few people who would be behind bars by now.
No quoting law unless you know exactly what you're saying. The law has a tendency to punish those who try to unknowingly invoke its name. <p>[---------------------------]
"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 9/22/04 6:17 pm

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:39 pm

No, I think he was responding to my threats to shoot him. <p>

Ryuugami

Unread postby Ryuugami » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:41 pm

I'm a sad, sad goddess. ._. <p>-=-=-=-
Have you hugged your dragon today?</p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:09 pm

Or maybe he just can't spell "ordinateur", and is actually a French computer. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>This month's "Transformer of the Month" is Pipes! He turns into a truck, and his primary function is not taking out the trash.</center></p>

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:55 am

Hey now, Fdeth, don't insult the french computers. <p>---------------

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:27 am

And in addition to everything Nevareh said: THERE ARE NO DRACONIANS IN THE THE FORGOTTEN REALMS. NOT IN WATERDEEP, NOT IN SKULLPORT, NOT IN THE UNDERDARK, AND NOT EVEN IN ICEWIND DALE. IN ALL OF FAERUN THERE MIGHT BE A GRAND TOTAL OF THREE DRACONIANS THAT WERE ACCIDENTALLY PLANESHIFTED OVER OR SOME SUCH, BUT NOTHING FROM THE OFFICIAL SETTING, AT ALL, EVER. DRACONIANS, LIKE THE KENDER, ARE ONLY IN THE DRAGONLANCE SETTING. NEXT THING YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME IS THAT THE THREE HUNDRED YEARS AGO THE JAPANESE WERE DEVOUT HAMMERITES OF THOR, THEN THE SHOGUN FLEW TO THE MOON AND, WITH THE POWER OF MJOLNIR, WAS ABLE TO DRIVE OFF THE IRKEN ARMADA AND SAVE EARTH.

Now that's sarcasm. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

The Great Nevareh

Ahem...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:53 pm

You're forgetting the part where, while the Shogun is gone, the Spice Girls discover pepper and use their powers to become the collective queen of France.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Ahem...

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:55 pm

This is, however, after MC Hammer took over the Siberian Embassy and annexed Persia. <p>---------------

Return to Character Closet