Must I use Philisys?

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
union

Must I use Philisys?

Unread postby union » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:07 pm

What's the point of Philisys in a text RP? Do I have to use it?

pd Rydia

Re: Must I use Philisys?

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:19 pm

We use Philisys to confuse new people with scary and complicated numbers so we let them know we're serious here. You can try RPing without Philisys but I can't guarantee your personal success based on what I glean from your post. <p>
<center><small>Dragonhalf in English: a manga

It's big, and it's red / The red dragon, oh, the dread dragon / but never fear, for Dick is here / To slay the dragon~!</p>

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Must I use Philisys?

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:56 pm

More seriously, Philsys is just a system used for some RPs, one of many used. Other systems include Windows, Dicesys ,which is pretty much chat only, and Freestyle, which is basically no system at all. The GM of an RP will usually say which system, if any, he is using in his initial post, so if you don't want to use it, just look for posts announcing RPs without it.

Philisys, on the other hand, is exactly what Dia said. Because the concept of an RP system based on Philadelphia is also scary and confusing. <p>

"Never let your morals get in the way of doing what is right" - Salvor Hardin</p>

The Great Nevareh

Argh, my English! She bleeds!

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:58 am

You people are mean. Of course, in "you people," I'm including myself.

That aside, does everyone really have to harp on typoes?

Next...

I think this might be the wrong forum. For future reference, this topic would be better addressed in the discussion forum or the OOC forum. When the board header refers to "discussion of Philsys," it has to do with talking about how Philsys works and hammering the rules in order, much like how you might see people sitting around in a game store arguing about how best to twink out a character using the latest rules addendum released in Dragon magazine. Also, it usually pays to check to see if your question has already been asked and/or answered before posting unless your question is of an incredibly unique (The monkeys refuse to go away! How do I remove them from my screen object?!?) or specific (When I am using two weapons, but the two weapons I am using are in separate weapon categories, and I am technically using both of these weapons in the same hand since it is a dual weapon of my own devising that thus combines the two weapon categories into a new bastard child category which shall henceforth be referred to has "Sandra", which set of rules should I apply?) nature.

And finally,

I call pants privilages. MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! <p>"There is great disorder under Heaven, and the situation is excellent."
-Mao Tse-Tung</p>Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 7/10/04 8:35 am

union

Huh

Unread postby union » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:20 am

Hmmm... Hmmm... HEH. Thanks.

Return to Character Closet