New Character

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
TheLorax21

New Character

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Mon May 31, 2004 7:07 pm

I have decided that Philsys hates me. Oh well. Here it is.

--Basics--
Name: Kai
RPer: TheLorax21
Race: Human
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 60
Max MP: 0
Max TP: 20
Initiative 3+3+2d6

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Kai was born in the port city of Rosalia in Baron to Karl and Samantha Tendoro. Her father was a merchant sailor and her mother lived at home, taking care of Kai. Karl was away from home a lot, trading up and down the coast of Baron. Samantha eventually grew angry with Karl for being away from home all the time, so when she fell in love, she waited until Karl came back again, then dumped the five year old Kai on him and ran off with her lover.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Karl didn’t know what to do with a five year old because he’d left most of the raising to Samantha. He didn’t see what else he could do, so he took the child with him on his next voyage. Kai learned much about sailing from the friendly sailors on her father’s ship. Her father, feeling that his daughter should be an educated person, taught her at night. Kai was very happy on the ship. She loved the open ocean, and considered the boat her home.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Kai’s happy and innocent time came to an end when she was seventeen. Pirates attacked the boat and killed all the men on board. They took Kai hostage, but the captain took a liking to her and allowed her to live, unharmed for the most part. Kai took the route of survival, and became a member of the crew. The pirates taught her how to fight unarmed, and the captain taught her how to use a cutlass. Kai was still on the ocean she loved, but she was little better than a prisoner.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp One day, the pirates attempted to take a ship and lost the battle. Kai had been in the hold of the pirate ship, and after the battle the victors discovered her. Kai slipped into her old role, claiming she was a hostage of the pirates. The merchant crew who had defeated the pirates accepted her story, and dropped her off at the next port. Kai started looking for work, but found she missed her life on the ocean terribly. She started looking for a crew to join up with in the harbors of Barius.

name: Kai - age: eighteen - eyes: gray - hair: black -
height: five feet – Kai normally dresses in breeches and loose sleeveless shirts, because of the range of motion they allow. Around her neck on a leather cord she wears a tiny shell, one her father gave her. Kai is wild, impulsive and carefree. She loves to play practical jokes on people. Her personality leads her to do things on the spur of the moment and she will often dive into things without thinking if someone doesn’t stop her. Her voice, when she does not concentrate on grammar, can come across as uneducated, but despite her speech she is a fairly intelligent person.

--Attributes--
Courage +3
Wisdom +3
Intuition +3
Charisma +3
Agility +3
Dexterity +2
Strength +3
Stamina +1
Magic Aptitude:0

Base AT/PA – 12/12
Modified for skill –
Modified for equipment – 13/15

Equipment
-Cutlass

Weapon Damage - Cutlass
Thrusting – X
Slashing- 8 + 6 + 2d4
Chopping – 13 + 9 + 2d4

--Skills—(32 points to distribute)
Bartering -2
Climbing - 2
Weapon(Cutlass) - 4
Guitar - 2
Ropes - 2
Trading - 2
Cooking - 2
Unarmed - 3
[s]Balance – 3
[s]Sailing –4
[s]Sail Trimming - 4
[k]Astronomy – 3
[k]Geography – 2
[k]Cooking – 2
[k]Navigation – 4
[k]Negotiation – 2
[k]Strategy – 2

--Spells/Techs--

[cutlass=3] double slash (4T) -
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp When Kai takes an extra round to set up, she can attack twice in one round.
[strategy=2] defensive strategy (5TP) -
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp If Kai does not attack for two rounds in a row, her PA is increased by 2 and her AT is decreased by 1.

Now descend ye pack of wild wolves! Erm, I mean, feedback is appreciated.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: New Character

Unread postby Spleen » Mon May 31, 2004 7:19 pm

Why would you not attack in one round and attack twice in the next? Why not just attack once in both rounds and save yourself the TP penalty? <p>-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one's around to hear it, it was obviously the work of ninja."
-Darkknight

"We know there's no soy milk, because there's no soy titties."
-Lewis Black</p>

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 31, 2004 7:24 pm

One thing-

Barian waters are heavily policed by the Barians themselves; few that don't have clearance make it very far in without being turned around, or shot at. Thus, trying to find a crew already within Barian waters would be a tad difficult. If this is for Jak's thing, I'd say that perhaps you should talk with whoever ends up in the role of Captain to pound out that specific detail of when she joined up. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon May 31, 2004 9:26 pm

Spleen is dumb and ignores one of the main points of Philsys, that being the "one defense per round, don't get your ass ganged up on" thing. Not sure if it applies with Jak's rules though. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:21 am

It'll apply. By the time they get two defenses a round, the attackers can get two attacks each.

Anyway, while I'm not in the right state of mind to look over the statistical side of the sheet, I will ask this about her background; why did the pirates kill all the men on board when she was initially captured? Did they resist and put up a fight, thus earning the wrath of the pirates? Was her father among the men killed that day?

Also, Shini is right. She'd have joined up with the PC's ship outside of Barius, probably in Argovia.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:58 am

Diran: Ahem. Let's get to work, Vanists!

Fenron: Yeah!

Diran: Alright...first off, the history?

Jinto: Born in a port city, her father left the house a lot, so her mother cheated on him, and left him the kid.

Nagan: Jerry Springer, here we come!

Diran: Okay, okay. So he's entirely incompetent, and now that her mother (the floozy) has abandoned her, he decides to raise her at sea. Yes, that's right, he takes a five year old kid on a ship. And somehow, this guy's educated enough to teach /her/ things.

Jinto: Apparently, not enough, since twelve years later every single person on her ship but her was brutally murdered by a crew of pirates.

Diran: Her father must have taught her /something/ if she could survive all that. Oh, the captain 'took a liking' to her. ....Goddess, I /love/ doing these. Okay. Anyway, apparently, she joined the crew, but they kept her in the hold a lot.

Nagan: Yes, because that is precisely where a crewmember is /most useful/. And they taught her to fight, too!

Diran: Yes. So, some unspecified time later, the pirates lose a battle. Perhaps it is because when they train their crewmembers, they shove them in the hold whenever there's a battle.

Jinto: "Hey, you know how to fight! Stay in there!"

Fenron: My question. You're a merchant, you walk into a hold, and find an armed girl dressed like a pirate. "Hey, are you a pirate?" "Uh, no." "Okay! Come with us!"

Diran: He probably 'took a liking' to her.

Fenron: Ah, that would explain /everything/, then! Anyway, after all that, the merchants drop her off at the next port. With, say, no such amenities as a place to stay, no question as to 'Hey, where do you live' or anything like that.

Diran: Typical merchants. Anyway, since she'd, y'know, spent 12/17ths or more of her life at sea, she decided she wanted to go back, so she...hold on...decided to join a crew in Barius. As an ex-pirate.

Jinto: Not even a really good ex-pirate, since they locked her in the hold all the time.

Yinnea: And...'took a liking' to her.

Nagan: All in all, I'm rather frightened. Now, on to the skills. ...two. Let's look at the first one. If she doesn't attack one round, she can attack twice the second round. For 4 TP. I suppose this-

Diran: ....Wait, hold on the skills. Why does she know Guitar?

Nagan: ....I don't know. Anyway, apparently, she can spend 4 TP to do precisely nothing of any use, or 5 TP to spend two turns doing nothing. In return for almost parrying a bit better, and attacking worse.

Diran: This might actually be the first time I have ever suggested someone get better skills. Wow.

TheLorax21

Unread postby TheLorax21 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:09 pm

Banjooie does have some valid points, no matter what format he uses to present them. Well...it needs a lot of work. I knew that. I'll work on it, and re-post when I'm done.

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=thelorax21>TheLorax21</A] at: 6/5/04 12:43 am

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 pm

All that aside he doesn't have a thirteen foot sword, which is a step in the right direction. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

Return to Character Closet