Dorian Shubat (Edited to Windows ...)

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
wkz

Dorian Shubat (Edited to Windows ...)

Unread postby wkz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:49 am

My other characters [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A:] at: 5/16/04 2:09 am
[/i]

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:08 pm

Diran: Now, this is a physical character, but I'm not going to complain about that. But we, the Neo Vanists, have a question.

Hzar: Bottom. Of. Our. Hearts. Seriously.

Fenron: You keep making characters. Have you ever even RPed here yet?

Szlapka

Re: .

Unread postby Szlapka » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:12 pm

I was gonna say that too. I've seen about 4 characters on the new characters alone, have you RPed at all yet, or are you waiting to use more than one character, or are you planning to run one by yourself with all these guys?

I would change the name of that battle god, Nimian. Something more flavorful would be nice, like Thurogh or something.

and the Jumping ability is a little unclear, since a single story is dependent on the buliding itself.

Overall, a pretty good character.

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=szlapka>Szlapka</A] at: 4/7/04 2:14 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:45 pm

Numian = Established.

See, we don't just poof stuff out of the air here, when there is already something established for it. That's why we don't have fifty different gods of light, for example.

And no, he's RPed one. The other two weren't playable.

On the character: You do realize fighting and killing at the drop of a hat will get one in trouble with virtually every legal system in the world, right? Many of these legal systems will happily put about 20 crossbow bolts per round into such a person should he try to resist the justice that follows his actions.

Also: What does he do that isn't fighting things?

Finally, while one would have to check with Kelne on this, I believe the faith of Numian doesn't actively encourage fighting for no real reason, given that Numian/Khar sealed himself away to prevent just that.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:11 pm

Another thing that seems to have been missed.

The Agility score. I believe it was established that the maximum in any ability/stat score for a first level character is +6. Since this character has a +7, it needs to be lowered at least one point. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>

FlamingDeth

Re: Really need advice, New character

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:26 pm

Somehow, I don't think you have any idea of what "chi" is supposed to be.

Also, there is no such thing as a "wu-shu". Well, there is, but it's a name for martial arts in general, not some sort of sword. The chinese straightsword is the jian.

Also, what the hell kind of admission test is that? There's no way for them to know what he does for those twenty years. He could just spend the first ten years drinking himself into a stupor and the next ten sobering up for all they know.

Yeah. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: Really need advice, New character

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:10 pm

Monsieurs Deth raises many excellent points.

Monsieur Div raises one as well.

wkz

*crap. I KNEW i missed something*

Unread postby wkz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:39 pm

quote:"Also, what the hell kind of admission test is that? There's no way for them to know what he does for those twenty years. He could just spend the first ten years drinking himself into a stupor and the next ten sobering up for all they know."
--guess i have to re-think that. (pending re-edit)

quote:"Also, there is no such thing as a "wu-shu". Well, there is, but it's a name for martial arts in general, not some sort of sword. The chinese straightsword is the jian."
--I already know that. There are just too many different varients of Jian, so i used "Wu-Shu" to describe my own.... huh? *goes ask someone, comes back*. Crap, apparently, Wu-shu also uses the broad saber, staffs and others from time to time. (changed)

quote: "The Agility score. I believe it was established that the maximum in any ability/stat score for a first level character is +6. Since this character has a +7, it needs to be lowered at least one point. "
--done

quote: "But essentially, Numian sealed himself away to prevent his presence from inflicting too much conflict in Gaera"
--Great. Just great. The only matching establish god kinds of cannot be used..... can i plead isolation and ignorance of that temple to keep it alive??

quote:"...have you RPed at all yet...."
--yes, i have (2 at this time of posting), and i am always lurking around for more. Living 1/2 way across the world from you guys kinds of excludes me from the most common chat RP...

(more replys here as they come up)

--missed this one--
quote:"On the character: You do realize fighting and killing at the drop of a hat will get one in trouble with virtually every legal system in the world, right? Many of these legal systems will happily put about 20 crossbow bolts per round into such a person should he try to resist the justice that follows his actions."
--He is MADE to get into trouble, even if he chooses his fights carefully. But I will think about it, and maybe tone down his killing instincts.

quote:"Somehow, I don't think you have any idea of what "chi" is supposed to be."
-- Believe me, i know. I just want to make an inside joke to the "newbie guide" that some people mistake Chi for mana... (the original planned location of this temple used to be over at the northen mountain ranges of Valith, before i found out they are a whole bunch of atheists. ...i think...)

--more replys--
quote:"A "Martial Art" is a style or school of fighting that has a system in it and is at least somewhat formalized. So, he doesn't need to be called a "Martial Weaponist,"
--hmm.... Good point. Changed

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 4/7/04 10:34 pm

The Great Nevareh

Re: Uhhhm...

Unread postby The Great Nevareh » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:49 pm

I understand my newbie status renders anything I say incorrect before I say it, and it's a pointless little correction anyway...

A "Martial Art" is a style or school of fighting that has a system in it and is at least somewhat formalized. It can be absolutely anything, so long as it involves fighting. So, he doesn't need to be called a "Martial Weaponist," since the vast majority of martial arts involve weapons.

I mean, FENCING can be considered a martial art. If you stretch the term "martial art." And you ignore most of the sport "Fencing".

It's a piddling detail, I know, but the phrase "Martial Weaponist" doesn't roll of the tongue.

Okay, back to my newbie corner.

Edit: I'm not insulting fencing- I take part in it. Certainly, I'm no good, but I'm on the inside. I dare you to try getting someone to follow all of foil or sabre's rules during a street brawl. Especially foil, in which you aren't allowed to stab someone unless you take right-of-way from them.

Edited by: The Great Nevareh at: 4/8/04 6:04 am

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:12 pm

So, does this one hug amorphs, too? <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:17 pm

""So, does this one hug amorphs, too? ""
No.

In fact, if Shubat ever comes within viewing range of "Mikey" Klaus going after an amorph, he will beat the living daylights out of Klaus in a misguided attempt to "put this madman out of his misery"
(opps, I am re-thinking this part of Shubat's character.... but he will NOT go after amorphs. One magic crazy guy is enough.)

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:17 am

Quote:
I mean, FENCING can be considered a martial art. If you stretch the term "martial art." And you ignore most of the sport "Fencing".

Hey hey, no reason to be insulting. :(

EDIT: You don't need right of way in foil if you don't let the opponent land a touch. The original purpose behind foil was to train for smallsword usage, and right of way was merely there to give a reason to avoid suicidal actions while practicing. Also, most martial arts are intended for specific situations anyways, much like fencing and the duel. Most martial arts would suck horribly in a street brawl. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=flamingdeth>FlamingDeth</A] at: 4/12/04 4:36 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *crap. I KNEW i missed something*

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:25 pm

Well, so far as Numian goes, there's a fair bit of wriggle room. The thing about gods who seal themselves away is that they don't pop up to correct errant behaviour. The history of the Rivan dragoons provides something of a case in point.

On the other hand, fighting for no apparent reason isn't the sort of thing any mainstream worshipper would encourage. Often, fighting skills will be honed for use mainly in defense of others.

Although Numian is sealed away, that doesn't necessarily mean that prayers and the like to him will go unanswered. Aid or strength may be granted, but seldom in any specific way which would require conscious thought on the god's part.

It may be a while before I get around to answering more specific questions, but feel free to ask them. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

wkz

Huh?

Unread postby wkz » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:02 pm

Did I post here? .... No I didn't, or did I ~~
*Evil laughter here*

(See above, the bolded part of the first post, for more details)

Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 4/20/04 5:13 am

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Ah thank Numian, Kelne finally showed up

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:30 am

*Ahem*

Let's see....

Main problem!

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS GUY DO, OTHER THAN FIGHTING?

Seriously!

I'm sick of telling people that people have more hobbies than fighting. Does he build ships in bottles? Does he ever engage in the sport of curling? Does he have ANYTHING in his life other than fighting? <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

darkknight61189
Rice President

Re: Ah thank Numian, Kelne finally showed up

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:45 pm

HAH! So, I'm not the only one who has heard of a Jian. Everyone I have come across has asked me what a Jian is. <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

wkz

Sorry 'bout that

Unread postby wkz » Mon May 10, 2004 3:12 am

If all the posts above does not make sense, it is because the character Dorian Shubat was "overhauled" about this point.

Update: I am to convert Dorian to a "Windows" style character for an upcoming roleplay. Lets just say the example character creation process put me to shame. No way am I going to do this while doing my job at the same time

(much later)
Window'ed. Comments please?

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/14/04 10:11 am

Zemyla

Re: Sorry 'bout that

Unread postby Zemyla » Fri May 14, 2004 10:23 am

You didn't have to delete your Philsys version... <p>-----
Do not taunt Happy Fun Zemyla.

I think boobs are the lesser of two evils. - Inverse (Pervy)
Dammit, Dan, I'm not dating a damn NPC! - OOC Will (Will Baseton)
Of course! Anything worth doing is worth doing completely wrong! - Travis English

Brotherhood of Elitist Bastards</p>

wkz

I must be blind.

Unread postby wkz » Fri May 14, 2004 8:28 pm

Bah, I must be blind, didn't notice Uncle Pervy's version of the window's system.

also:
ARGGG!!! NOOOO!!! Dorian's Phillsys sheet is now lost....
Not much difference anyway, that sheet is a mess. I would be modifying that sheet in the first place, might as well restart from scratch

RyuKurai000

Re: I must be blind.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:12 pm

Quote:
Most martial arts would suck horribly in a street brawl.

We forget Judo and Jujutsu? Can't fight very well with two broken arms while you're on the ground, can you, Mr. Man?Image

RyuKurai000

You must be.

Unread postby RyuKurai000 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:15 pm

Quote:
Most martial arts would suck horribly in a street brawl.

We forgetting Judo and Jujutsu? Can't fight very well with two broken arms on the ground, can you Mr. Man?

Although I'll give you Karate and Kung-fu. I just do Karate for the excercise. Tae Kwon Do though... Drop kicking someone in the face while they're standing up is pretty cool, as is kicking them in the face really fast. Kicking training = awesome.

Yes, that was insanely off-topic. I'll go 'way now.

Uncle Pervy

Re: You must be.

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:33 pm

Reviving topics for no real reason is bad :( <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

FlamingDeth

Re: You must be.

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Judo and jujitsu hardly consist of "most". Also, taekwondo is even worse then fencing now in the field of "not really good for anything" at this point, as most instructors teach things only for competition. In other news, trying to kick someone in the face in an actual combat situation is liable to get your leg broken. Feet stay below the waist, kthx, try breaking their knees with your foot instead of their nose. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Return to Character Closet