My character again, this time hopefully finally finished.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Nate the Dragon Rider

My character again, this time hopefully finally finished.

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:13 pm

Here it is, let's hope for the best. Thanks for the patience because i am new at this.

Background
Name: Muerghan (Mur-gon)
Nickname: Stealth
Eyes: blue
Hair: dirty blond
Height: 6 foot

When Muerghan was a very young kid, all family members were killed do to a war. He got very lucky, and was not noticed by any enemies, do to the spot his mother hid him if anything happened to her. A few days later, he was found and shipped to a different land where he would be raised in an orphanage. Unfortunantly, this was an orphanange for slaves from different lands all over the world. He was taught how to read a little, like basic scriputers, and was also taught how to farm. He was also very interested in Chemistry, due to this he studied it on his own and soon became very good at it. Over the years he grew strong and decently smart, but when his 16 birthday arrived, he was sold at an auction to a rich, cruel, family, that beat hime if he missed even the most simplist thing. He grew sick of this and began learning deffense, and offensive munevers. Whenever he could he would sneek some practice with a stick, hoping he could one day use a sword. He also read many books about, Bows, swords, and just plain old fist fighting. This took him about a year, to read through every book he could find in the extremely small library they had. On his 17 birthday, nobody knew or even cared that he was another year older. At least at the orpanage, he was given a little something extra. He grew sick of these ways and planned a way to set off on his own, by this time he had a wooden sword that did absolutly nothing, but since he made it himself it kept him inspired. The day finally came where he would put his plan to work, he was supposed to stay home locked up in leg chains while the family of the house left for a party. Luckily he kept his chemistry skills sharp, and created an acid. Once the owners left he burned through the chains with the mixture, stole food, money, and anything he could sell. He set of to the next town which most people did not know existed.
Finally, after days of effort to keep going, he made it. He diecided to rest that day, and the next to stock up on food. He also planned to sell all the interesting items he stole for some money. He then had enough to buy a short bow, and a longsword and some robes. He did this, but couldn't help wondering why all the locals were cloaked and wouldn't show their faces. He then asked another man if there are any traning facilities around here, but all the man did was point at a spot on a map Muerghan just bought, and wrote something down, which was an adress. He also wrote that nobody ever goes there do to the amount of people that never went there and came back alive. Muerghan had no choice, he had to set of and go visit this person.
It took him a while to get to the forest before the person's hut. He began his way throught the forest wondering how long it was. Along his way, he had felt uneasy thinking how easy it has been so far. Suddenly, a mighty roar rang through the area, scaring the **** out of him. He egerly drew his sword, hoping he could do something to protect himself. He waited as the beast grew closer and closer, then finally the best was visible. It was a huge, sapphire blue dragon that looked pissed off. Smoke streaming from it's nostrills, teeth bared, lips back ready to eat him whole. He thought, thinking only if he could let the dragon know he wanted to befriend it, then he would feel much better. Ironicly, the dragon lowered it's "deffenses" and looked at him as if it understood. All of a sudden the dragon spoke to him through it's mind explaining that it would 'choose' him because he got speak telepathically with it. It also explained that she is a 76 year old female, named Selestria. She told him about the man beyond the forest, and how he would help the one who she had chosen. Muerghan, extremely confused, made his way through the forest, to the hut.
At the hut is where the man agreed to help Muerghan train with his bow, sword, and with his dragon. He also promised to teach him magic. The man ended up being one who traveled the world, and strangely learned the same things Murerghan wants to study. They stayed there for 2 years, and worked every day. Muerghan grew to be wise, stong with the bow and sword, and very connected with Selestria, but he was only decent with magic. Muerghan taught the man some chemistry and agricultural tips in trade for the knowledge he gained. When the man could teach him no more, Selestria and Muerghan left to travel the world, and seek adventure.

Basics
RPer: nate the dragon rider
Race: Human
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: 70
Max MP: 55
Max TP: 20
Initiative: 5+2d6

Attributes
Courage: 3
Wisdom: 2
Intuition: 3
Charisma: 0
Agility: 2
Dexterity: 2
Strength: 3
Stamina: 3
Magic Aptitude: 3

Base AT/PA: 11/11
Modified for skill: Sword: 2/2, Bow: 2/2
Modified for equipment: long sword: 0/1, short bow: 0/0, shielded robe: 0/0

Equipment: longs word, short bow, shielded robe

Weapon damage: long sword
Thrusting: 13+1d6
Slashing: 20+2d4
Chopping: 26+2d6

Weapon damage: Short bow
Damage: 13

Skills
Sword – 4 str/agi/cou
Bow – 4 str/cou/dex
Holy magic – 3 int/wis/mag
Water magic – 3 int/wis/mag
Psychokinesis – 3 int/wis/mag
Telepathy- 3 int/wis/mag
Summoning powers – 4 {int/wis/mag
Agriculture- 3 str/sta/wis
Chemistry- 3 wis/cou/int

Spells
[Heal-1] Waise Heill (5MP)- (5+rank*2+1d6) healing. Heals member of team, ally, or really anything that is not your enemy. It damages undead instead of healing it though.

[Water-1] Aquanr (3MP)- (6+rank*2+1d6) water damage. Can attack any opponent with water power.

[Psychokinesis-1] Thrysta (4MP)- Burst of mental force deals (6+rank+1d6) damage

[Psychokinesis-5] Reisa (8MP)- Can lift 20 pounds of weight.

[Telepathy-8] Draumr Kopa (0MP out of combat, 4MP in combat)- Speak through your mind. Anyone can hear you, unless you direct it towards someone specific.

[Telapathy-4] Slytha (13MP)- read someone’s mind or listen to their thoughts.

[Summon-10] Summon Selestria the Dragon (2MP out of combat, 8MP in combat)- Summons my dragon to the field for (10+1d10) damage. Out of combat the dragon may fly to transport one person at a time across rivers, etc.

Thanks again!!

Edited by: Nate the Dragon Rider at: 5/16/04 7:07 pm

Banjooie

Re: My character again, this time hopefully finally finished

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:19 pm

Hzar: STOP. MAKING. NEW. TOPICS. USE. THE. EDIT. BUTTON.

Diran: That being said, let's get to work. Since you've redone this character twice, I figure it shouldn't be too hard. Assuming you've changed anything between posts.

Jinto: *coughcoughbscoughcough*

Diran: Now, now. Let's start with the revised edition, and look at the old. Fenron, the history, if you will.

Fenron: His parents died in a battle. Then, Mr.Skywalker was sent to live with his uncle, on a farm. Luke only had his cousin....

Diran: That's Star Wars.

Fenron: Oh. Sorry. Hard time telling the difference.

Diran: No problem. Carry on then.

Fenron: Well, apparently, he knows how to use a sword because he hunts. I don't understand how one uses a sword to hunt.

Meldon: That's because /you/ never took the Survival Courses at Neo Vane!

Diran: Okay, Meldon, how do you use a sword to hunt?

Meldon: I...don't know.

Diran: RIGHT. MOVING ON.

Fenron: Well, he found a dragon egg, and when Eragon had returned, he found that the Imperial Stormtroopers had destroyed his home trying to find Obi Wan Kenobi...

Diran: NO. STAR WARS AGAIN.

Fenron: It's exactly like Star Wars Episode 4! What do you expect?!

Diran: ...How do you even know what Star Wars is?

Fenron: How do you?!

Diran: ....Good point. Let's move on. Uncle, cousin dead..he decides to learn the force and lightsaber...

Fenron: Now you're doing it. And look, he even finds the Rebel Alliance, in a way.

Diran: ...He grew mentally and physically. Well, I sure as hellfire hope he did, unless these five years were spent in cryogenics...

Meldon: My turf, Diran.

Diran: ...Yes, yes. Anyway, I digress. He's looking for friends to spend his life with.

Yinnea: Yes, my name is Yinnea, and I like looooong walks on the beach....

Diran: ...Yeah, but he's also gotta learn about the..um...responsibility of..the...Dragon Riders?

Hzar: Who. The. @#$^. Are. The. Dragon. Riders?

Diran: I'm not sure we want to know,but it seems to involve spending the rest of your life with friends.

Yinnea: And long walks on the beach.

Jinto: For the love of all that's holy, let's get to the stats. ...Alright, you don't need the curly brackets, for one...okay, nothing seems too bad. Fairly non-twinked. Surprising, Luke.

Diran: Well, that's coming, Jinto. He can 'play the piano'. Are these [k] or [s] or what? I can't figure out the skill points...and why does he know how to play the piano anyway?

Fenron: Because if you're going to spend the rest of your life with a baby dragon, you might as well learn the piano.

Yinnea: And you can play romantic music for when..

Hzar: The. Joke. Is. Dead. Yinnea.

Yinnea: Awww....

Diran: And now..the /skills/. Ooh, random spell-like names! ...And it...heals. Wow.

Meldon: Hey, now, he can attack people with WATER POWER. Not water, mind you. WATER POWER.

Diran: Yes. Captain Planet'll be showing up any @#(*$ing minute now. ...He can lift 8 pounds of weight with his mind. ...Uh, okay. Infinitely?

Nagan: Blah blah blah, telepathy....mind reading...fancy names blah..those are psionics. Where'd he learn psionics?

Meldon, Fenron, Jinto, Diran: Under the booard walk, we'll having some fun, under the board walk...

Nagan: ....I hate you guys. Now. For the GRAND FINALE.

Neo Vanists: The Dragon Summoning!

Diran: He's capable of summoning a baby dragon for..about the same damage as a sword thrust. Less than his slash, evidently.

Fenron: If it's a baby dragon, how can it transport the team and other things across rivers? Wouldn't that be too heavy?

Diran: Yes. Yes it would. Now, this is the second time you've redone the character, so...let's check the one before it...

Nagan: Diran! These two sheets...they're EXACTLY THE SAME!

Diran: So he's posted the same sheet three times, in three different threads?

Meldon: GASP.

Fenron: SHOCK.

Jinto: HORROR.

Pelos: BADLY MADE PIE. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/26/04 12:36 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:07 pm

In other news, I just got Eragon from the local library.

Congrats on getting your story published verbatum, Mr. Paolini!

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 pm

....HAR. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>Edited by: [url=http://b3.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/26/04 3:33 pm

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:43 pm

Since when was "dragon riders" a race?

Also, thank you for ignoring everything people have said about dragons and their age. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Aurabolt

Also....

Unread postby Aurabolt » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:02 pm

I'm wondering something here, about your dragon in fact.

1) You are aware that even young dragons are hard to tame right? he would require a lot more training and conditioning than the affection you character showed him.

2) Is he going to become one of these dragon raiders? If that's true, as FlamingDeth said, he would have to wait a good long time.

3) I would suggest switching out that bow for a lance or javelin if you do use him, mainly for the reason that since they are more reliable for more long-distance attacks and better for aerial strikes, and save you and your dragon's skin from close-range combat. Besides, Archery would be a lot harder from a aerial mount than one to the ground.

Nate the Dragon Rider

Re: Also....

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:13 pm

wow, i'm surprised. actually i was following the book Eragon, but the star wars thing works too. Obviously i'm lost as he*#, the dragon thing, how old does it have to be? i have to agree with the person who said the sword as hunting. i'll change that to he trained himself with the sword for a few days. and i guess i should take out the piano stuff. The dragon riders i guess would be more of a group rather than a race, so i can change that to Human Also a dragon rider, to be more clearer. How does that sound so far? Oh yea, and the edit button i just found out about. thanks for the tip, it got really annoying having to repost all the time.

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:19 pm

Quote:
it got really annoying having to repost all the time.

Eyup. <p>
<hr width="70%"><center>Superion, Autobot air gestalt, recently died protecting Los Angeles from a nuclear missile. Rest in peace. :(</center></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:41 pm

Not totally ripping off a book would help, too. At least change the name and background a bit.

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:01 pm

Good Point. although, what about the dragon part, that is the only part that gets me. what should i do to 'help' my character?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:12 pm

Perhaps not have him meet a dragon at birth? Perhaps it could be the other way around, and a relatively young dragon (15 year old equivalent) decides to adopt a hunam prey animal.

I'd ask the dragon expert on that one.

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:19 pm

good idea, thanks. but who is the dragon expert?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:30 pm

Says it in the guide.

You have been looking to the guide, have you not?

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:36 pm

"When Eragon returned, he found his farm destroyed and on fire."
BAD Dragon! BAd bad dragon! Now go burn a forest, not the house...

*sorry, couldn't help it...

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:13 pm

no prob, actually it was pretty funny! LOL

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:25 pm

no, actually. i didn't even know there was a guide. all i know was the guide on how to arrange your character's stuff. Where is the guide. Actually, if i'm looking at the guide, does it say forest, frigid, storm dragons? if so, then the desert dragon is mine.

Edited by: Nate the Dragon Rider at: 4/26/04 11:27 pm

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:29 pm

You haven't visited the guide?

*Sigh, here we go*
See the 2 pictures on the top of this forum's page? One is "RPG World" and the other is "RPGW World"?

Click on RPGW, the click on "RP Stuff" on the right of the page that loads up...

Nate the Dragon Rider

Re: .........................

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:31 pm

yea, i've done that many times, i just did it again now.

Banjooie

Re: .........................

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:42 am

You're really dumb. o_o <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:17 am

i'm new here that's all. i had no idea what to do.

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:25 pm

so what do i do about the whole dragon thing?? i need desperate help about it.

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:47 pm

Quote:
so what do i do about the whole dragon thing?? i need desperate help about it.

Quote:
Perhaps not have him meet a dragon at birth? Perhaps it could be the other way around, and a relatively young dragon (15 year old equivalent) decides to adopt a hunam prey animal.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

EDIT:

Now if you wanted to know how old you should make the dragon to get him to be the equivalent of 15 years old, then my guess would be somewhere between 70 and 80 years. <p>If you are reading this, it means that I am logged in.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 4/30/04 1:51 am

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Sat May 01, 2004 12:51 am

kool, thanks.

Vampire Jester Jinx

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat May 01, 2004 6:41 pm

also learn to use the edit button. double posts aren't encouraged. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image</div></p>

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Mon May 10, 2004 9:31 pm

do you think that maybe if i kept it all the same, but changed that when he met the dragon it was 78 years old? I'd prefer that over the other idea, but both work.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Mon May 10, 2004 11:02 pm

I think we'd prefer it more if you came up with an original character, rather than ripping it from a book, honestly. A clean slate sounds much better to start off from in your situation. And please read the Gaera guide

Oh...by the way.

GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN! <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Tue May 11, 2004 9:09 pm

i understand what you mean, i'll change the background and the names and stuff, but my character will still be the same race, the dragon will be 78 years old (if that works) and the spells will stay the same (title wise)

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Sun May 16, 2004 7:09 pm

Hey guys, i redid my character, it should be a lot better now. The one thing i have a problem with is calculating the damage the dragon does. how do i do that?

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Sun May 23, 2004 4:56 pm

So how do i figure out damage a dragon does?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon May 24, 2004 3:01 am

OK tiger. Let me explain something.

Firstly, when we say "please don't rip off this book/character/whatever," your sayying "I'll change the names! =D" not only does not help you, it takes you down a few pegs.

Secondly, your abuse of the English language, of any known and accepted dialect in this day and age, is atrocious. If I were your English teacher, I would beat your hands with a ruler until they bled. There's a spell check button on our forum, there's a spell check and even a thesaurus in any basic Microsoft Word Application. Please learn to use them.

Thirdly, You have been asked not once, but at least twice to use the edit button rather than double posting. You responded by triple posting. And the damn thing is by your NAME after you make a post. How difficult is this to see and press?

Fourthly (and I can honestly say that in all my time spent in this forum I have never had a fourth negative point prior to this day. Shame on you.) You were given a simple set of instructions as to a method of modifying your character. A little of this, a little of that, and some helpful pointers to make the back story a little less against the general pre-determined set up of the playing world at large. You responded to the suggestion that you read the guide and take that into consideration with "Uh. ... Kay. What's that mean?" We rolled our eyes, we explained. You still didn't get it. This, in conjunction with your stolen character concept, tells me that you are not yet ready to handle an environment which will require you to put forth effort. As such, I would advise relocating yourself to [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/28/04 11:48 pm
[/i]

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri May 28, 2004 11:44 pm

Excuse me for a moment.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
AHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That is all.

[edit] Spacing, bitch

<3, Dia <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 5/28/04 11:44 pm

Return to Character Closet