A new person and character.

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Gustave Knights

Re: Ah, now there's a roleplay I'm looking forward too.

Unread postby Gustave Knights » Sat May 08, 2004 5:57 pm

Lol, I answered that. Gus holds onto the hilt and rests it on his shoulder. There are no straps or anything.

I know there are limits to super strength. He can lift some pretty big things, and can hold some pretty big things too. Probably anything under a ton he can lift, move, do whatever with.

Hmmm... I'll add that special thing in.

There, a little bit of Backstory for a book I've got in the works with this character being in it.

Huh, I didn't know that... I'll have to look back over that philsys guide thing. Yar. Though I'll probably use a different character.

Edited by: Gustave Knights at: 5/8/04 6:22 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sat May 08, 2004 9:38 pm

Gustav, given how you seem to approach your RPing, perhaps you would have better luck RPing here. You would be able to use your character with fewer...necessary adjustments and repercussions during RPing. <p>
-------------------------------------
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

Gustave Knights

Unread postby Gustave Knights » Sat May 08, 2004 9:46 pm

I already have a bunch of boards to go to like that. Now in case one of them goes down, I can have another link! Thank you!

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat May 08, 2004 11:00 pm

Diran: Gustav, I'll make it clearer. Simply put, you can play this character, without any changes, whatsoever. Fine.

It just means that there's a significant chance that GMs won't let you into their RPs. That's all. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun May 09, 2004 1:25 am

This is the most absolutely hilarious thread I've seen in a long time.

<p>
NebbieQ: After all, nothing says romance like fighting the forces of Cobra and Druggies with a Rocket Launcher of 80s Justice.</p>

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sun May 09, 2004 8:06 am

Scarily enough, I agree with you on this point, Pervy. <p>ChibiUrusai: *chomps* I am underage. ^-^
Arch mage144: This means nothing to me. =P
T3chn0Namagomi: *motherly voice* Brian! What would Kate think if she heard you say that?!

---Dirtiness in a chat. Blame my mind for being in the gutter.

-Namagomi, who lives up to his name in this case.</p>

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Mon May 10, 2004 12:34 am

Amusing in the "World's Funniest Home Videos" sort of way.

Lord McBastard

Re: A new person and character.

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue May 11, 2004 2:58 am

On the plus side no matter what character that is made from now on we can say "Well, atleast he doesn't have a 12 foot long sword". <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue May 11, 2004 5:24 am

Ah I see. I'd best write this down:

Strange mutations of creatures and animals: Allowed.
People reading minds and sending telepathic messages: Allowed.
Making bread out of "magic" so you can never really get hungry: Allowed.
Cat-people who's culture is based off the japan: Allowed.
Compinded power of of magical arts to destroy an entire castle: Allowed. Failed as it was only the west wing destroyed - so thats okay then.
Demons coming from a hell dimention and setting up a shop: Allowed.
Demons coming from where-ever and invading: Allowed.
Using Angels as assasins: Allowed.
Tiny horny fairies that can changed peoples skin colour or sex orientation: Allowed.
Small half-vampire girl who can raise dead rats: Allowed.
A species of Wolf and Pigs compined that go "boink" and can cast magic: Allowed.
Death being a small furry girl clone: Allowed.
People growing wings - or wings changing in size to suit needs: Allowed.
A guy who is based off a culture that doesn't even exsist in this world: Allowed.
People having there species changed. sometimes more then once: Allowed.

A 12ft sword: Not allowed.

Right.

Got it.

Makes sence. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/11/04 5:26 am

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Tue May 11, 2004 5:40 am

Yes it does make perfect sense, because in a world of magic all the afformentioned points are acceptable. Since none of them really violate the laws of physics, provided you accept astral physics into the equation.

However, none of them are mundane things that we simply ignore. When you enter a swamp you don't "fall" up, nor does a thrown stone stop in mid air for no reason then fall to the ground, when in Doma Castle Weight = mass * acceleration due to gravity it doesn't change.

Thusly;

A 12 foot long sword with no specal qualities: Not allowed. <p><div style="text-align:center">
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn"-Call of Cthulhu</div>
<div style="text-align:center">"Go tell your alien brothers, that Ronnie Cordova says they're gay!"-Ronnie Cordova</div></p>

wkz

Re: A new person and character

Unread postby wkz » Tue May 11, 2004 5:48 am

^
See above.

Hey! Gustave Knights! Make that sword a magical, anti-gravity, nil-mass, unbreakable, invisible family heirloom of DOOM. That'll solve all your problems.

Seriously now, I see a clown of a RP character who's going to get stuck on every doorway, have platoons of guards following him with every sneeze, breaks every bridge he walks across, talks with the intellegience of a child and generally making the entire party miserable with his very existance. Should be nice to try and play him... ...

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=wkz@rpgww60462>wkz</A] at: 5/11/04 5:59 am

Choark

Re: A new person and character

Unread postby Choark » Tue May 11, 2004 6:18 am

Well I just had a shower and was going to add this: But might as well reply.

I still have no problem with the 12 ft sword as the mans strength is meant to be magically enchanced somehow in birth. Kinda like my Choark no less. So what we have here is perhaps an astrally power strength that no normal human could have.. A very standard affair in Fantasy no less.

Now if I was make a Knight with this big a sword I'd give it a little history. Something like this:

The birth of the Ram Blade knights, a family known for using 12ft swords, first came about eight hundred years ago. The first recorded use was by Sir Jones who used an attacking Trolls own blade against him. There family had been blessed with inhuman strength, the complete reason why is unknown but many took it for a blessing by the Gods at the time.

Using this strength the family forged giant swords to fight the larger monsters, such as Trolls, Ragin Mammoths and Giant Beetles, who hides were normally too thick to cut with a normal blade. The main aim was to be able to keep a safe distance from the large monsters while still striking them through the heart, or lobbing off there head. With this use the family became known as protectors and there status of knights were given.

The second use for these knights came into use in War. The knight would charge at the enemy ranks like a battering ram, with the sword out in front. It broke enemy lines with its bulk and size. They would then swing there swords around while there, trying to kill as many people as possible. Of course this tactic meant none of there fellow soldiers could come near or with them in the charge.

It was durring these wars most of the family blood died out.

-----------

Now they have a place and a reason.

And YES the size is a little big which would make it annoying in any city and impossible to swing in a cavern. Yes. So he'd have to stay out of them, or have somwhere to store the sword. However its use in open fields would certainly be nice.

Also I'd have some rules of conduct anywho - Like the sword can be used to attack a group of people, where you roll for each hit. Course if deflected the swing would be stopped. Also once the sword is used in a round, the guy has to spend another round getting back into position.

------

Sides I'm not saying having a 12ft sword is a good idea, I just think its possible in the boundaries of this world and I still stand by it to. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue May 11, 2004 12:30 pm

Compinded power of of magical arts to destroy an entire castle: Allowed. Failed as it was only the west wing destroyed - so thats okay then.

...I was always wondering /what/ half of the castle got destroyed.

Anyway, if he had a decent reason to have a 12 ft sword, it'd all be good.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: .

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue May 11, 2004 2:30 pm

See, the problem with a 12 foot sword is this-

How the fuck are you going to put it away, failing lying it on the ground? A twelve foot sword would never successfully go into a sheith, nor would it be possible to put the damn thing over your back- It'd stick into the ground and effectively pin you in place. And that's if it didn't snap upon hitting the ground in the first place. If Gustav had a sword that big, he'd be constantly carrying it, which wouldn't look good to anyone-He'd probably be booted from all sorts of places simply because he looks like he's about to attack the people there. <p>

<div style="text-align:center">
Image</div>
<div style="text-align:center">Why Barius has no family reunions.</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue May 11, 2004 2:50 pm

Oh there are even more problems. I mean think how long its going to take to plant yaself in a good postion to hold the sword out in front of you and swing it around, to do even one swing. Thne thinking about balaning yaself again afterwards. Or the weight on rickety bridges.

If I was GMing though I'd have fun with it personally. Got a 10ft Cravise that needs a passing? Well theres one handy bridge right there. Need a bolder moved? Well ya got a handy leaverage tool right there.

A 12ft sword for all its sillyiness is techically possible. The only thing I was upset with was it sounded like "OMG He has a 12ft sword, they are silly! DENIGHED!!" ... when sure having a 12ft sword is more of a pain in the ass then a good thing but I wouldn't stop anyone joining just for having it. I'd make it plainly clear durring the RP that having a sword may be more a hinderance then a good thing... but I'd also give a moment when it would be helpful too... because I'm nice I suppose.

And honestly guards would probably just conficate the sword from him while he's in the city, as its basically a seige weapon, and no city would allow them within there walls that weren't there own. The only other way around that is the dude travels with a wagon - where weapons are allowed to be stored on.

And as for the snapping thing.. but ... sorry.. if wizards can magic up food with little or no trouble at all because "its simple" then it seems to me it should be as simple to add a few runes to a sword to make it structerally sound - even as a standard for all swords everywhere. Astrally intact even.

So to say again, the only problem I really had was how it seemed "OMG 12ft swords are impossible! You suck! Out!" which is totally unfair. Pretty silly having it so big YES. Cause a lot of problems? Defiantely. Would I have it? Not likely. Would I stop someone else having it? No. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue May 11, 2004 3:02 pm

We've yet to touch on that having a twelve foot sword is also really really dumb. <p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Tue May 11, 2004 3:25 pm

No that's been covered, with prettier and non prettier words already. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>

Gustave Knights

Unread postby Gustave Knights » Tue May 11, 2004 6:11 pm

Since people can't seem to comprehend how solid a ton of steel is compared to a ton of earth, I'll follow up on those runes.

I should put the thickness in it.... And yes, while a giant sword is more of a hinderance than a help, say that when it's between you and 11ft of teeth.

There, added the stuff.

Edited by: Gustave Knights at: 5/11/04 6:18 pm

Seethe347

Unread postby Seethe347 » Wed May 12, 2004 4:35 pm

To separate myself from 11 feet of teeth, I would rather have a twelve foot long spear with a crossbar behind the spearhead than a sword of any length. If you stab the monster with the 11 foot snout with a sword, the crazy thing could just run right on up the blade, and then you'd in a mess. If you stab it with the spear, though, it wouldn't be able to run up the pole because the crossbar would stop it. The worst it could do then would be to push you backwards for a ways. Also, spears are cooler than swords.

On the other hand, congratulations on making the longest thread in the entire Character Closet! =D

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seethe347>Seethe347</A] at: 5/12/04 4:46 pm

Previous

Return to Character Closet