New Character

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
Nate the Dragon Rider

New Character

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:48 am

hi, i'm new at this so please be patient.

Background
Name: {Eragon}
Eyes: {blue}
Hair: {dirty blond}
Height: {6 foot}

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp When Eragon was young his parents died in a battle for their city. He was then sent to his uncle’s farm in a small town. Eragon lived their most of his life, and grew up with his cousin Kevin. When Eragon turned the age of 15 he was hunting in the forest for their dinner. Since he hunts he has experience with a sword and a bow. When Eragon returned he found his farm destroyed and on fire. His uncle and cousin were both dead. After, he soon stumbled across and egg, which ended up hatching into a dragon. He raised it and grew closer with her every minute. They eventually set off to seek aid in the ways of Magic and more weapon training. He then found a group, which accepted and trained him for 1 year. He grew mentally and physically, becoming ever so powerful in magic and weapons. Now he travels looking for friends to spend the rest of his life with, and learning more about the responsibility of the Dragon Riders.

Basics
RPer: {nate the dragon rider}
Race: {dragon rider}
Level: 1
XP: 0/1000
Max HP: {63}
Max MP: {28}
Max TP: 20
Initiative: {5+2d6}

Attributes
Courage: {3}
Wisdom: {2}
Intuition: {3}
Charisma: {0}
Agility: {2}
Dexterity: {2}
Strength: {3}
Stamina: {3}
Magic Aptitude: {3}
Base AT/PA: {11/11}
Modified for skill: {Sword: 2/2} {Bow: 2/2} {mental powers: 1/2} {water magic: 2/1} {summoning powers: 2/0} {holy magic: 0/2}
Modified for equipment: {long sword: 0/1} {short bow: 0/0} {shielded robe: 0/0}

Equipment: {longs word, short bow, shielded robe}

Weapon damage: {long sword}
Thrusting: {10}
Slashing: {14}
Chopping: {17}

Weapon damage: {Short bow}
Damage: {13}

Skills
{Sword} – {4} {str/agi/cou}
{Bow} – {4} {str/cou/dex}
{Holy magic} – {2} {int/wis/mag}
{Water magic} – {3} {int/wis/mag}
{Mental powers} – {3} {int/wis/mag}
{Summoning powers} – {2} {int/wis/mag}

Spells
[Heal-1] Waise Heill (5MP)- (5+rank*2+1d6) healing. Heals member of team, ally, or really anything that is not your enemy. It damages undead instead of healing it though.

[Water-1] Aquanr (3MP)- (6+rank*2+1d6) water damage. Can attack any opponent with water power.

[Psychokinesis-1] Thrysta (4MP)- Burst of mental force deals (6+rank+1d6) damage

[Psychokinesis-2] Reisa (8MP)- Can lift 8 pounds of weight.

[Telepathy-1] Draumr Kopa (0MP out of combat, 4MP in combat)- Speak through your mind. Anyone can hear you, unless you direct it towards someone specific.

[Telapathy-2] Slytha (13MP)- read someone’s mind or listen to their thoughts.

[Summon-1] Summon Saphira the Dragon (2MP out of combat, 8MP in combat)- Summons my dragon to the field for (10+1d10) damage. The dragon may fly out of combat to transport team and other things across rivers, etc.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Re: New Character

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:24 pm

This character needs some non-combat skills.

Also, you have techs for Psychokinesis and Telepathy, but he doesn't have a "Psychokinesis" or "Telepathy" skills. It should also take WAY more than two ranks in a telepathy skill to be able to read all of someone's thoughts. At 2 ranks, he would be lucky to get a vague notion of someone's feelings. Also, 1 rank in summoning isn't going to get you anything near a dragon...maybe a rather upset bunny, at best.

Also, don't modify your AT/PA for anything that isn't the weapon he's holding at that moment.

Something doesn't look right about the damages...I think you're missing a dice roll in there, I'm fairly certain it's not supposed to be one single integer.

There may be a couple more things, but nothing that I can see. I'm sure I won't be the last one to post here.

Other than that, the sheet looks pretty good. Besides what I said, you don't have him too overpowered. I like that you made his stats pretty well-rounded, but you definetely need more than just combative skills - remember, roleplaying isn't just blind fighting, and if it's all your character can do then he's a sad, sad person. <p>_________________
OLHADO: "You killed more people than anybody in history."
ENDER: "Be the best at whatever you do, that's what my mother always told me."
-Lauro Suleimão "Olhado" Ribeira and Ender Wiggin, Speaker for the Dead</p>

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:10 pm

Also, a dragon that young isn't going to be worth anything in combat, as it would still be an infant.

By the time it is combat-worthy, your character will be old enough to retire. Gaeran Dragons are people, so keep this in mind as well. They are an intelligent and organized species with a society and so on, as opposed to animals as some settings portray them.

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:39 pm

ok, thanks. I have changed things around, but the damage thing i got off of one of the links here. How would i fix that, and what sort of non-combat skills would i need?

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:40 pm

Non-combat skills normally means that you should consider giving the person skills outside of combat that reflects the sort of person they are.

Its not leathally enforced, I mean if ya Role Play a good character then its not not going to be much of a concern if ya just so happen to use the PS sheet to list ya moves or whatever.

Its just a fairly standard thing that, say, if ya character enjoys singing, that they have a skill point or two set aside for a singing skill - or more depending on how good they are meant to be.

So just go with the character yacreated and think of what other skills they may have picked up in their life! <p><div style="text-align:center">Image </div>
<div style="text-align:center">Cowgirl fanboy - Barbarian Ninja - Expert Mouse Catcher - Holder of the Iron Glasses Of Doom!</div></p>

Nate the Dragon Rider

Unread postby Nate the Dragon Rider » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:10 pm

thanks, but i still don't get how to find the damage for each weapon.

darkknight61189
Rice President

Unread postby darkknight61189 » Mon May 03, 2004 5:45 pm

Eh, I have one very interesting comment. Did you rip this character off of a book? I'm pretty sure there is a book called Eragon, and the character in that book is "the last of the dragon riders." <p>_____________
There are three kinds of people in this world...</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue May 04, 2004 9:35 am

Yes he did. :( <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Return to Character Closet