A question about Duel-Welding

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
wkz

A question about Duel-Welding

Unread postby wkz » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:50 am

I have read the rules for [s]Dual Weapon Fighting, and [s]Two Fisted Style, but now i have a kind of roadblock.

What do I do with characters who uses a weapon, but also attacks with his free (weaponless) hand?

Uncle Pervy

Re: A question about Duel-Welding

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:06 am

Neither.

You'd make a skill for bare offhand attacks.

Of course, you're also gonna want Ambidexterity to totally negate the two-weapon penalties; note that both will have to equal or exceed your weapon rank to negate the penalties.

So yes, it's a point eater.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:05 am

I believe this sheet embodies the skill Pervy speaks of. Now this may not entirely be what you want, so feel free to alter the specifics as you desire.

But remember: If you want effective attacks, you've got to pump points into both barefisted fighting and your weapon skill, as well as your new support skill. So you will need many points to do this. <p>

"Crazy is good." - Luffy, One Piece
</p>

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:48 pm

Dual-Welding requires that you have two welders available and at least two I-beams or other similar materials to weld in the first place. Also, you must be wearing proper faceguards (such as a blast shield) in order to prevent eye damage from the intensity of both flames or be blinded. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

EKDS5k

Unread postby EKDS5k » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:56 pm

That's great, AM, if he was asking about Dual-Welding. But the fact that he was asking about Duel-Welding makes your post look kind of stupid.

Duel-welding is a form of combat where the combatants square off holding the gun of an arc welder in one hand, and the ground in the other, while wearing full plate. They then attempt to weld their opponent's joints together by successfully touching them with the ground at the same time the weld is made. The first combatant to be rendered immobile is the loser.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:01 pm

Damn! I am illiterate! <p>
<div style="text-align:center">Image</div>

</p>

wkz

Unread postby wkz » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:12 pm

(I would post a sarcastic remark, except I am too busy laughing....)

Return to Character Closet