Owen Cezar (My first Character!)

Character sheet archiving. Help with characters can be solicited here. This is also the place to talk Philsys or other RPing systems.
CrimsonIronkiller

Owen Cezar (My first Character!)

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:36 am

Here is the Character that I have come up with. I got a few things extra from a few different places from the boards. I also left some of the stuff on the sheet for my reference as I do not know it that well. I would appreciate any feed back on him!

Life Goal - Become widely renown as an athlete and found a school to teach others to become athlete/ Martial artist. Open an orphanage.
Place of Birth - Doma City, Doma
Places they've been - Doma City, Nivea
Favorite memories - Grand Father teaching him the proper way to run and swim
Important Events - Death of Family, First wining of a race with other athletes, Meeting Morthwall Trahern his mentor
Important People - Morthwall Trahern: Mentor,
Favorite Foods/Animals -Venison steak, Spiced stew of most any kind. Horses and Dogs.
Standpoint on violence/killing/the law - Violence is avoidable most of the time, Killing is an extreme he likes to stay away from, and the law is usually good for ever one else.
Standpoint on helping others that need it - Why not? He may need there help someday.
Current Occupation/Home - Athlete/Unarmed fighter. Doma City
Plans for reaching their life goal - Adventure/work and save money so that he can found his school and open his orphanage.

1. Mention a traumatic incident in the person's past. During the recent war Owen's entire family was killed.
2. Mention how said incident continues to affect the person today. Feels for others who are having trouble with there families and tries to help them when ever possible.
3. Mention how the person might react if they came upon a similar situation as they are now. Try and help instead of running as he was told.

Relationships:
What is their ideal date? The scenery, location, etc?

What is their ideal boyfriend/girlfriend? A woman that supports his goals and understands what he has been threw.

What's their sexuality? Straight

How fast do they think a relationship should go? Opinions on premarital sex? As fast as it goes. A big NO!

What's their opinion on other sexualities? Could careless as long as it doesn't affect him.

Childhood:
What was their family life like? Brothers, sisters, etc.? Had a good father who worked as a weapon smith. His mother helped out his father whenever possible. He had 4 brothers Kay, Kim, Howel, and Cadain and 2 sisters Cadi and Cath. He was the youngest of the 6 and as such was allowed to do pretty much as he pleased. His brothers liked to play jokes on him and his sisters would always fight with his brothers for it.

What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to them? Kay (the oldest) Had a son with a women before they where married.

What was their worst nightmare? The Doma War.

Any odd birthmarks? Stories behind them? (Like when I was little, my mom used to say the dark mark on my arm was a dragon bite...) On his left arm are a series of red marks that make a shape appearing to be that of a diamond. His mother would tell him that he was blessed by the gods and that they were the proof.

Any childhood sweethearts? No

Are they ticklish? (If so, was it ruthlessly exploited?) Yes Owen is Ticklish. Yes it was! :D

Stuff I can't figure goes anywhere else:
Would they sacrifice themselves for loved ones? People they barely know? A good cause? For his loved ones most defiantly, People he barely knows he might depending on what was happening to them. A good cause... Well Maybe depending on what would happen if he didn't.

What would their D&D alignment be? (Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, etc..) Chaotic Good

What's their favorite outfit and accessories? Black open wool vest black wool pants tucked into a pair of soft brown boots. A ring with a series of waves meant to be the wind.

Any special keepsakes they have?A ring that he got from his grandfather before he passed away.

Any physical gestures/movements/body language they use when happy? Sad? Worried? Angry? Frustrated? When he is said Owen shrugs alot and shakes his head. When worried he tends to frown and gesture when he talks. When angry most of his movements are usally extravagated. And finally when he is frustrated he tends to hang his head with a frown on his face.

Can they speak foreign languages? What languages? To what extent? How/why did they learn this? Yes! A bit of Dwarvish. He can speak it but has to go very slowly. Learned it from various people who spoke it to his father.

IQ:
Brain Dominance:
Lefty, righty or ambi: Ambi.
Personality type (often taking quizzes as your character will help here):
Introverted or Extroverted:
Look before they leap, or leap before they look: Leap before they look.
Head over heart, or heart over head: Heart over head in most cases.

The three stimuli:
Rage. This is what makes your character abandon all logical thought in favor of sheer, carnal, utter animosity. !Threatening his close friends and other peoples families.!
Fear. This stimulus will cause your character to try to find a way to escape, except in extreme cases, where the character will curl up into a ball and quiver. !Mass death/Wanton murder.!
Noble. This is often the hardest one to pin down. When a character's Noble stimulus is triggered, the character will behave in a completely altruistic sense, going the extra distance for others' benefit with relation to the stimulus itself. Librarians might have a soft spot for illiterate folk who want to learn; brawler characters might act nobly if they see a woman being harassed or victimized; planetary destroyers might take students under their wings, to hopefully take over when they are dead. ! Others suffering because of a "better" has taken there job, etc. other athletes just starting out and floundering. Orphans.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Background: Owen was born in Doma city where he grew up and lived in till the war. Owen had a happy childhood living with his family. His father was a blacksmith and his mother would help out when she could with odd jobs or in the forge. Owens grandfather also lived with them. He also had four brothers Kay, Kim, Howel, and Cadain who would pick on him as older brothers tend to and two sisters Cadi and Cath who would be scolding there brothers for picking on Owen. Owen was the youngest of the bunch and was pretty much left to his own devices. He found that he liked to run, jump, swim and such much more than usual. His grandfather who had been a fine athlete in his younger days taught Owen much about how to be an athlete. Those are some of his fondest memories. Owen quickly became adept at running and would run messages in the city for a few coins to help his family out. His grandfather died not late after his 14th birthday leaving Owen depressed most of the time. It saddened his mother to see him like that and so she knowing that Owens grandfather had been teaching him what she believed was Martial arts she begged an older man named Morthwall Trahern who was known about the near by streets as a good fighter in his younger days to take Owen under his wing and teach him what he knew. Morthwall was at first reluctant but after observing Owen for awhile agreed and began to teach him the basics of fighting. Owen soon cheered up as Morthwall and him had a relationship almost identical to the one he had had with his grandfather. Owens mother was greatly pleased that he was not depressed any longer. Life continued much as normal up until the war where he and his Mentor Morthwall left the city under Owen's fathers order. Owen's family was killed in the days that followed. Owen was once again saddened but instead of becoming depressed again he decided that he would train under Morthwall until he was good enough to go out on his own and make a name for himself as a Martial artist/Athlete. Once he does this he feels he will open an orphanage so that he may help others who loose or have lost there families.

name: Owen Cezar - age: 18 - eyes: Blue - hair: Long light brown -

height: 6'3 - weight: 208

--Basics--

Name: Owen Cezar

RPer: CrimsonIronkiller

Race: Human

Level: 1

XP: 0/1000

Max HP: 75{55 (STA*5) }

Max MP:

Max TP: 20

Initiative 2 4 2d6{AGI COU 2d6)

--Attributes--

Courage 4

Wisdom 2

Intuition 3

Charisma 0

Agility 2

Dexterity 2

Strength 4

Stamina 4

Magic Aptitude: 0

Base AT/PA - 2 2 4 4/2 2 4 4= 12/12 {AGI INT STR COU/AGI INT STR COU}

Modified for skill - {Base part of skill value/base remaining skill value}

Modified for equipment - {mod for skill /- equipment penalties/mod for skill /- equipment penalties}

-=- {mention what armor and weapons do you have equipped here} -=-

Weapon Damage - {weapon name} {adjustments}

Thrusting - {base thrust damage STR 1d6}

Slashing- {base slash damage STR*2 2d4}

Chopping - {base chop damage STR*3 2d6}

--Skills--

{skill} - {#} <{Stat/Stat/Stat -- do not worry about this unless it's

on the skill list}>

Ambidexterity - <Dex> 1

Aura Reading - <Wis/Int/Int> 1

Breath Control - <Int/Agi/Sta> 1

Chi Attacks - <Cou/Str/Agi> 1

Climbing - <Str/Agi/Dex> 1

Combination Attacks - <Str/Cou/Agi> 1

Equipment Breaking - <Str/Str/Cou> 1

Feint - [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crimsonironkiller>CrimsonIronkiller</A:] at: 3/28/04 12:26 pm
[/i]

Divinegon2130

Re: Owen Cezar (My first Character!)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:31 am

I have some things to say about this.

First, I count you using more skill points than you're allotted. I counted 33 being used, taking into account the halving for supplementary and knowledge skills. Your character's only allowed 30, since:

20+(Wisdom*2)+(Intuition*2) == 20+(2*2)+(3*2) == 20+4+6 == 30

Second - and this one's a mistake I see on quite a few character sheets - characters with a Magic Aptitude of 0 have NO MP AT ALL, regardless of Wisdom and Intuition scores.

Third, all the { } and the stuff within them can be removed. They, in fact, get in the way since most of your stuff's already been done.

Fourth, for AT/PA, Initiative, and HP, only the result matters. There's no need to actually show the adding-up of the stats, but since you're using it to help yourself remember, that's fine. That being said, your math is FAIRLY good (the ONE place where I see a mistake is covered in my second thought above).

Lastly...... this is the MOST thought-out new character I think I have EVER seen. That said, there are some spelling errors in your writing, but I shall leave those to other people to correct, as that's not my specialty. <p>

Image <span style="font-size:medium;"> Quotes of the Moment: </span> <span style="font-size:xx-small;">

=="Yeah, well STUDY THIS!!" - Sonya Blade, "Mortal Kombat"
=="Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is goin' bye bye." - Cypher, "The Matrix"

View my online journal here.
Also, if you have a question about my characters, look here. </span></p>Edited by: Divinegon2130&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/04 9:37 am

CrimsonIronkiller

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:11 am

Ok taking care of it now.. I forgot to change my skills all the way just deleted the extra ones I had :P. Hmm no mp ok that works fixed that. Alright I will delete all that I don't think I will need and Thanks! My spellings kinda bad because I have been up oh about 2 days now and I really out to have been asleep about 11 last night :P. I will be fixing it though just probably not right now.

Edit: Oh yeah and I will get a description written down later too.. Want to draw him first!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=crimsonironkiller>CrimsonIronkiller</A] at: 3/28/04 10:19 am

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:23 pm

Hello! I'm here to point a few tiny things outand dispense helpful hints!

1. A fellow with a MAG of 0 cannot read auras at all.
2. Most people would not have multiple attacks. Generally left to a few naturally inclined species.
3. Critical Striking requires three (3) points per rank. (Mentioned in the PS Addendum)
4. One who is planning on opening an orphanage would usually be more tending to get a steady source of income.

Other than that, it looks rather interesting so far.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=capntastic>Capntastic</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/28/04 11:26 pm

CrimsonIronkiller

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:45 am

Hey there Capntastic! A list to answer a list ;D!

1. I was thinking along the lines of a monks ability to read auras.. I didn't realize that it would require an affinity to magic but that does make sense!

2. I was thinking along the lines of a punch and kick at the same time and thus included it but if it is ment only for species I shall take it out then!

3. I didn't take crtical striking. I took vital striking if they where ment to be the same perhaps it should be corrected? I view Vital Striking as striking vanruable places.. Such as the throat, solor plex and other such places easily hit to cause massive pain.

4. By the time that he opens the orphanage he will have his school up and running and most likely still have money left over from his questing/athlete career and thus have a large amount/steady income for the orphanage!

Thanks! I hope I can bring him off correctly as I have not really had to play on a board or in chat much.. Infact only twice before! I mostly play in a DnD and a V:tm game on weekends.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:33 pm

On point #3

They are meant to be the same thing, I believe.

BUT

It is entirely acceptable to have this as something else, like a skill basis for techs, so long as you don't try to claim the critical striking bonus.

CrimsonIronkiller

Re: .

Unread postby CrimsonIronkiller » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:51 pm

That is the main reason I had taken that skill in the first place so it isn't anything I am really worried about. Thanks for pointing that out though!

Return to Character Closet