Null's Game

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Visavis

Re: Null's Game

Unread postby Visavis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:16 am

"Look who's talking! You--oh," Rasmus stopped, as the snowball pegged him in the shoulder. Only then did he notice Oleai. His expression shifted from annoyance to slightly guilty as he glanced from her to the disrupted snow directly beneath him and put two and two together.

"Hey! Uhm.. sorry. How about I, uh.. hm. Hold on!" He hopped down from the roof, after taking a few steps to his right to avoid landing on Oleai, and managed to land on his feet. There, closer up, Rasmus took a slightly longer, emotionless look at everyone assembled before settling on Oleai. He put on his best apologetic face and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, so sorry about that. She said--Right, I'm Rasmus."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:07 am

Kyrie just barely smirks at the scene, finally having enough of a distraction to put worries about the Revenants aside for now. Having the chance to compose herself, she nods to Rasmus as he introduces himself. "Kyrie."

With a glance to Oleai, she nods again. "I think you're right, she must be. A good break for us, then. And we should look more into this situation up north too; it sounds like something that more than just Garpaath should worry about."

"Rasmus, she was just telling us about the army building to the north. Do you know anything else about that yourself?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 pm

"If the revenants are a distraction, they certainly seem to have worked," Triya observed, "But it seems an awful lot of trouble just so some people can sneak across the border. There'd have to be a lot more to it than that."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Oleai opened her eyes a bit wide as the Elf leapt down from the rooftop, even an impressed and approving nod for someone with jumping prowess comparable to her own. Spinning on her heel again to bow in greeting, "I'm Oleai. Thank you for the apology, and I accept." Her ears flopping forward and back as she did, always a point of focus for the very animate-speaking Lagomora woman.

She then looks to the rest of her assembled allies, "Should we be speaking about.. 'her', here?" asked in a lowered voice, "I mean.. we're not exactly alone."

Granted, the request itself was more than enough to trigger even the most mildly curious person. Oleai would make a horrid spy for certain.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 am

For a moment, following Oleai's words, Rasmus just looked between them all with a slightly confused look.

"Razzie told you about the army to the north?" A slight frown tugged at the corners of his mouth. He gave Razzie a look, then turned to Kyrie.

"I guess it can't hurt to tell you, but I don't know a lot. They wouldn't even let me go with them," he said, with a little bit of disappointment creeping into his tone. "I just know that they're acting weird. Too organized, my brother said."

Rasmus' eyes fell to the ground. Then, his face lit up and he looked at the group once again. A smile teased at the corners of his mouth. "Are you going to fight them?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:17 am

Kyrie freezes a bit at the suggestion, her tail again returning to its twitching as she responds. "...probably not. It isn't what we came here for." Conscious of Oleai's comments, she doesn't add more than that, but it's fairly obvious that even the very idea of facing them is something Kyrie would rather not consider.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 pm

"There's only like three of them, Rasmus." Razzie shrugs. "Why would they fight the undead? We're good enough to do it on our own!"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

"And we have a different reason for being here. Have any other outsiders come through lately that you know of? Someone traveling alone, someone wanting to talk to someone important. Have either of you seen anyone like that recently?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 am

"Nope." Razzie says simply. "You're the only travelers we've had recently!"

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Rasmus looks between Razzie and Kyrie, then simply shrugs. "I haven't seen anything, and I probably would have heard if there was something else weird going on. I'm always listening." He taps one pointed ear empathetically.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 am

"Hmm." With a frown, she looks to the others of their group, waiting to hear their thoughts on the situation before giving her own. Not that she thought things would be as simple as all that, of course, but sometimes luck pays off.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Guy scratched his head as things went quiet.

"I still feel like the undead and Null are probably unrelated. But... I guess I could imagine it being a coincidence and her using it to her advantage anyway?"

He shrugged, unsure how much he liked that theory himself.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Oleai looked between everyone as they spoke, rocking back and forth on her feet. These were not the kinds of discussions she's normally a part of.. It was always her parents, or the more elder Plainsrunners who made the decisions. Chose the plans.

As silence fell, Kyrie and Guy both looking at her to speak. She seemed to shrink a little, before speaking in a slightly hushed tone, "W..well, it's not like we can fight an army.." Trailing off, she reached up to idly and nervously tug on one of her long ears before adding, "Can't 'she' disguise herself as anything? We.. we should be watching the people leaving town in the other direction. Questioning them? She could be one of the kids, even."

A thought dawned on her then, one she didn't even want to suggest as a possibility, "It.. could be that she took the place of a villager. After.. getting rid of them?" Oleai looked to Rasmus then, "Has anyone been acting funny? Maybe vanished for a day or two?"

Her nerves seemed to subside a bit as she thought things over... She wasn't as bad at this as she thought! .. Or maybe she was? Who knows.

Tug tug.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Rasmus watches the group curiously while they talk amongst themselves. Suddenly(!) Oleai asks him a question. He blinks a couple of times, then shakes his head.

"No. Besides the stuff going on with Revenants, everything's normal."

He shrugs.

"So who's Null?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Oleai darted her eyes to Guy, who had in essence spilled the beans.

She opened her mouth to answer, before shutting it and plopping down on her backside, arms folding.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:29 am

Sighing a bit in her head, she glances to Rasmus with a simple reply. "She's the one we're looking for." Not that too much was spilled, of course; and with people scouring the world, she was bound to get word sooner or later.

With her voice low - but likely not low enough - she looks back to her companions, trying not to shiver at a sudden sharp gust of wind. "Either you were wrong, Oleai, or she's better at blending in than we thought; and I hope it's the first one. Maybe we ought to just move on after a rest, it doesn't look like there's much in the way of leads here." Annoyance simmering and keeping the dread away for now, she looks to the horizon ahead, taking a look at what sort of weather they might expect if they did set out tomorrow.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 am

Triya frowned thoughtfully, "So where do we want to move on to? Are there any particular opportunities for mischief which have been opened up?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 am

"I'm not sure, but it's a large country. There'd have to be somewhere else to look, somewhere significant." She scowls as one spot in particular comes to mind, but she doesn't even think about bringing up the Revenants in that respect.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Oleai's ears perk up suddenly, she stands and places both hands on her stomach.

"Oh! Yes. This is a great idea! We should rest. And find food. Food first please~" She was already heading towards the tiny hole they'd entered through, even as she spoke. The distraction would be nice, and Oleai found herself not wanting to think about the things it could mean if she was right.

A little squeezing and the Lagamora found herself rolling out into the snow and open sky, suddenly becoming aware of how cold her lil' nose was. She cupped it under a mitt, and started toward the stable and Inn they'd picked out; hanging back to wait for her companions first, of course.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 am

Of course, Rasmus heard everything. Those ears aren't for decoration.

"H-hey! If you're looking for someone, you should ask Aleen Frostcleave. He's Frostbyte's.. captain of the watch. Maybe, maybe, he saw or heard something I didn't," he says, sounding almost irritated that someone could know something he didn't.

"In fact.. I need to talk to him. He gets more updates on the Revenants than I do. It makes him useful," Rasmus says with a conspiratorial nod.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am

Ignoring Oleai's antics for now, Kyrie glances over as Rasmus speaks up, considering his words inscrutably. With a brief glance to the others, she gives him a small nod. "If you need to talk to him yourself anyway, do you think you could show us the way to him, then?"

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 am

Oleai pokes her head back in through the hole, shaking free of some snow.

"Okay, fine! Business first, but food right after. Either way, lets get going!~"

Woosh! Away the rabbit-head went again.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 am

Rasmus grins as Kyrie asks him to show the way.

"If that's what you want, I'll show you."

With one last look around, he starts strolling toward the same exit that Oleai just used, a lopsided grin stuck to his face.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:22 am

Oleai was tapping her foot into the snow as Rasmus and the other popped out of the tiny hideout.

She immediately clapped her hands together, brought her arms in close and fell in line to follow~

Adventure, ho!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:38 am

Kyrie follows behind Rasmus, keeping near the back of the group as he leads them towards Aleen. For the most part she splits her attention between watching the locals about the city and keeping an eye on Oleai, making sure she doesn't wander off or start another impromptu snow war or anything of the sort. Still, she can't help but look to the horizon now and again, images of the living dead flicking past her mind for an instant before she can banish them.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am

The group moves on, following Rasmus' lead, and leaving behind Razzie the Snow Elf in her little hidden spot. Surely, they may never see her again, and she will be of no further relevance to their travels and adventures in looking for Null.

Following Rasmus' lead back to the main part of the city, the group finds themselves angling along the main street, towards the small wall that separates Frostbyte from the outside world. Taking a small sidestreet, they find themselves at a small, plain residence. Before anyone can even knock on the door, it opens, revealing a large, dark blue skinned elf with black hair and a scarred face. He narrows his eyes at the group, focusing on Rasmus for a moment, before moving to allow them to enter.

"You're looking for Null." He says, simply. "Come in."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:30 am

As much as she tries to cover it, Kyrie can't help but start at the abrupt declaration; how could he possibly know that?

Her interest piqued as much by the fact that he already knows who they are as by the use he might have to them, she heads in right off, not even waiting for the rest of the group. (And, of course, the warm air pouring out from within doesn't hurt things at all.) She hardly even looks around at the inside as she follows behind the scarred elf. "How do you know about us? And about them?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:34 am

The elven man, presumably Aleen Frostcleave, approaches the fireplace at the back of the dwelling, throwing another log onto the fire. He stares at the fire for a moment, not bothering to turn back as he answers. "She told me."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 am

Oleai had immediately zipped to the back of the party as the large Elf revealed himself and made his declaration. An imposing man, and Oleai had no wish of causing trouble with someone who stood above her waistline. She shuffled in as everyone else did, content to find herself near the back of the room. The warm fire was inviting, but the host was not.

"She told me." He said, bringing about a gasp from Oleai - She covered her mouth with both mitted hands at once. She was here! Null was here! ... Maybe.

"W.. When did you talk to her? Where has she gone? It's important we find her!" She squeaked out, after clearing the nervous ball from her throat, stepping her way just a little bit closer - but safely behind a wall of her companions!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 am

With a brief glance back to the nervous rabbit edging up at the back of the group, Kyrie looks back to Aleen. "She's right, we need to find her. It's a very urgent matter. Is she still-"

She cuts herself off, a light of realization in her eyes. Her ears press against her head as it hits her what else this means, and she can't help but scowl. It means that this is going to be a lot more difficult than she hoped. "...she knows that people are looking for her, then." There goes any benefit of surprise they might have had on her.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:42 pm

"This was...Years ago." The Elf sighs. "She--That is, the woman we know as Null in this region, she knew that people would come asking questions, someday. After that, she left, and she hasn't come back to Frostbyte since."

Frostcleave crosses his arms, looking sourly into the fire at his hearth. "It's safe to say that she's either laying low to avoid more attention, from both civilians and the others within her...Group, or...They've already come to quiet her."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Though her concerns are lightened by that, there's still a lot raised by this revelation. Years ago? They've been working at this for that long? Kyrie grimaces, stepping a bit further into the room (and away from the looming presence behind her).

"How much do you know about her? Do you know what she was doing here, what she wanted here? Did she leave Garpaath, or move deeper in? Anything at all you can tell us, sir. Even something that seems meaningless could be useful for us."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 pm

"She maintained a small cabin not far out of town, to the north. It was hidden in the hills." The Elf responds. "It's probably still standing. You might find something there that's useful."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 am

There was the stroll to Aleen Frostcleave's cabin, during which Rasmus was smiling, then the revelation about the connection to Null, during which Rasmus looked confused, to the new information about Null's past residence. Now he looks rather calculating. With one last glance to those gathered, he turns on his heel and strolls toward the exit.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 am

Rasmus's sudden reversal can't help but catch Kyrie's eye, drawing all her attention (and suspicion) in the process; especially given the current topic. As he starts for the exit, she speaks up sharply, an edge to her words.

"Where are you off to so quick, then? Didn't you have important business of some sort with Aleen?"

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:04 am

Rasmus stops and glances back with a slightly quizzical look.

"This is more interesting, and I want to find the cabin first. Besides, my question can probably wait," he says, with a look to Aleen. The corners of his mouth fall a bit. "Unless.. the news from the front is bad?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:21 pm

"No news yet." Aleen says, looking into the fire. "The last news was the Skyrazors were sending those they could spare, and a few Dryads are splitting off from their Great Cycle to help our healers."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 pm

With a slight scowl, Kyrie stays silent a moment before replying. The mention of the revenants reminds her that likely every elf in this village has people up there fighting those...things. Still, his presumptuousness can't help but rankle her; not even a request, just heading off right off the bat. Ahead of the group, even. And sharing the reward on this with yet another guest?

Still, as annoyed as she is, she keeps her tone at least somewhat moderate. It's a hard situation for anyone to be in. "What's got you so interested in our business, anyway? Why so eager to beat us to our lead? I don't exactly recall inviting you along, after all."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 am

Oleai listened to the entire discussion. (Well, sortof discussion, sortof interrogation. Kyrie was a bit scary.)

The back and forth hadn't really brought up anything the inexperienced Lagomora could add to... That is, until there was talk of invitations!

She really didn't want to be on Kyrie's bad side, honest. Later that night Oleai would certainly feel terrible, but..

"I'll invite him. Can I do that? Rasmus, do you want to investigate the cabin with us? More eyes are always better, after all! Safety in numbers, too." She emoted with her hands as she spoke, ears standing straight up from the attention suddenly brought onto her. She smiled, hoping it would at least disarm any incoming negativity.

A moment later, an ear flopped forward.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 am

When Oleai starts off, Kyrie is shocked into silence. Though she has no clue why she should be. It's just so...her. She lets out a long sigh as Oleai keeps going, doing her best to glare a hole straight through her head, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Maybe she just needs to try harder.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs