Null's Game

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Idran1701
None some call is air am

Re: Null's Game

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:48 am

Kyrie nods to Serena in understanding, but soon finds herself distracted by Oleai's reaction to the interior. With an amused smile, she watches as she takes in the scenery. "I don't suppose you would have; Nekana training grounds are rare outside our country. Especially those that would allow outsiders. Though there's something familiar...but anyway. It's getting late, and I could use some rest after everything. Tomorrow morning, Oleai?"

As she asks, the decorations along the walls again catch her eye. She returns to walking along one of the walls, looking over the scrolls, as something clicks in her memory. "...these are from our dojo, aren't they? And not duplicates either, these look exactly the same." She turns to Serena, smirking. "How did you manage to get these?"

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

"Ah...You didn't become an instructor, so you never learned about the rite of Kempon, did you? Well, I received the first two," She indicates two positioned closeby on the far left, "As gifts when Mistress Wu retired. Kempon is the tradition to determine the sensei's true successor, where all her manuals are distributed among her aspirants, and then we take the rest by any means necessary. Whomever completes the set becomes the next sensei, and is expected to add to the collection."

She walks down the line of assembled manuals on the wall, rubbing her chin. "I've only three pairs left, and then I'll be honored as Mistress Wu's successor."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Rasmus had been following in silence for a few minutes. It was all a bit beyond him, but it looked as though they had a place to stay for the night, and the martial arts stuff was still cool, even when it didn't involve swords.

"..Do you kill the other guys or what?" he asked Serena while staring at one of scrolls.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:11 am

"If I must." Serena says. "Typically it's considered dishonorable to do so. You need not kill to demonstrate superiority."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Kyrie wanders along the wall with Serena in silence, looking over each of the manuals, noting the condition of each. "I was not aware of that rite, no. And no significant damage either...I imagine none even realized they were taken until too late, hm? Any true competitors for the title? How many hold the last three?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:34 pm

"Three." Serena says. "In the coming months, I'll need to venture to Wudan to obtain one of them. I've already created replicas to replace them with...Very high quality replicas, I must boast."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:37 am

(( Serena, Kyrie and Oleai meet the following morning for some training. This is a log of that roleplay. ))

Anyone:
Spoiler:
*It's early next morning, after everyone's had a chance to rest and recover. Kyrie's in the training room, having changed into a spare gi of Serena's, going through basic stretches as best she can around her injury.*

*Oleai was up early, sitting atop the mat she'd slept on for some time before noticing Kyrie was up and preparing for the training they'd spoken of. The tall lagomorph couldn't fit into any of the available training clothes - so she went digging through her things for some bandages to create a workable bodywrap to wear beneath her usual top and loincloth. In she came to the training room.*

Oleai: "G-Good morning! How is your uhm.. how's the cut?" She pointed at Kyrie's previous super-stabbed side. "It's not too bad, is it?" A nice reminder on how Oleai had failed to shield the one person in this caravan that was the most kind to her.

Serena: *Serena is also there, wearing some simple ass PJs (How positively Wellsian!) and drinking a cup of tea.*

Kyrie: *slight smile* It's gotten much better.

Serena: *She's sitting up in the stands, though. Totally out of the way.*

Kyrie: Do you feel ready?

Kyrie: *she offers a quick glance to Serena, never having seen her teaching style and hoping it isn't too sharp towards Oleai*

Oleai smiled back, tugging on an ear. Even if it was to make her feel better, she could appreciate the effort. She eased further in, noticing Serena. "Oh.. Good morning to you too, ma'am! Is this where we .. do this?" Back to Kyrie, "No! But when was the last time we've had time to be ready for anything on this trip?"

Kyrie: *laughs* True enough.

Kyrie: *a slight frown of concern, pausing a short bit before speaking* Before we begin, though, I did want to make sure...we aren't breaking some Plainsrunner taboo, are we? I won't be getting you...exiled for violence or anything?

Oleai was taken aback, trying to hide the fact from the others and doing a poor job of it. She was never a good liar. "U..Uh, no. No, no danger of me being exiled or anything like that!" She waved a hand as if to dismiss the idea, "If that was the rule I'd already be out! B-but no, we Windspeakers .." Another lie, ".. we can defend ourselves. So this is good!" She gave a little hop, and a smile to try and bring the mood up.

Kyrie: *quiet laugh* All right. *her reaction seems a bit weird, but Kyrie shrugs it off for now; she's sure she has her reasons*
This will be your first lesson in fighting, yes? So we can start with the basics to begin. No forms just yet, just basic strikes.

Serena: It will be quite difficult to teach a Plainsrunner proper form.

Oleai nods twice sagely, "All my lessons as a kid were for my control of wind... and tribal law, but uhm.. Yes! I haven't had proper training to fight." She patted one of her thick legs, "I can kick, though! So, lets learn some of that!" She had a thought, looking to Serena, "Why would it be hard for a plainsrunner?"

Kyrie: ...*she waits for Serena's response rather than speaking up, moving near one of the dummies*

Serena: *Leans onto her knee, indicating with her tea hand while not even looking directly at the Plainsrunner* Just look at that body of yours. It's massive and unsubtle. Your every movement screams betrayal of your intent.

Kyrie: She exaggerates, Oleai. Don't let her words worry you.
Over here.

Oleai: Oleai glanced down at herself. Never bothered her any. ".. I thought it was an advantage." Then again, if Nekana combat was the end-all-be-all they'd rule the world now - wouldn't they? She moved to join Kyrie near the dummy, just smiling off the comment by Serena. "You can show me as best you can! All we can do!" She was the optimist.

Kyrie: Stand here, side facing your target. Whichever side is your stronger.

Oleai: Oleai moves up to the dummy, looking down at the shorter-than-her training implement. She turns slightly to her right, left side toward the dummy. "Okay.. how do I stand?" At current, she was just.. standing. It would be easy to simply push her over.

kyrie: Keep your legs further apart. You want to keep stable, for more control. You don't want someone knocking you off balance.

Oleai: She glanced downward again, like she needed to monitor their movement. She took a wider stance, and lost a bit of height as a result. "Like this?"

Serena: Further!

Kyrie: *she glances up to Serena, having been about to speak, but gives Oleai a slight nod* A little more.

Oleai: Another glance downward, she spread her stance more - teetering a little until she rotates her feet as well. "O..okay! Now what?"

kyrie: *nod* Better. *she steps up, nudging the small of her back* See how you have better footing this way?

Oleai: She made two lil hops to bring her legs back to something more natural, snickering. "Hehehe.. Okay. What do I do now?" This was going to be an uphill battle.

Kyrie: All right. Your forward leg; I want you to push off with it, balance on your back leg, and kick out at the dummy. A quick snap, as much force as you can.

Oleai: Oleai nods, biting her lip to try and focus. Over focus, really. Her left foot slid back, balancing her weight on her right leg. She could sprint, and leap among the best of them - plenty of power and coordination! Just.. not so much aim. Her leg shot out with tremendous force and absolutely pummel the air directly to the right of the dummy - clipping one of the wooden arms and sending the thing twirling so fast it whipped 'round and tagged her on the backside. The Plainsrunner knocked off balance just enough to drop her foot sideways - and out. She fell into involuntary splits. "AHHH!" She was agape, eyes wide. "... Owowowow!" And fell forward. Plop.

Kyrie: Oleai? *quick to her side, she helps her into a more comfortable position*

Oleai: Oleai is up with Kyrie's help, twisting her legs in to sit crosslegged. ".. Ow. I'm sorry! I guess I got over excited or nervous or.. something." She tried very hard not to look at Serena - who she was certain would be laughing or worse.

Kyrie: ...it was your first try. You hit the dummy, at least. *smiling, holding back her own* Do you feel all right? Can you stand?

Serena: Indeed, a dummy was hit.

Oleai: Hands planting on the matted floor, she eases up to her feet again - stretching one way then the other. Only a little wince. "Yeah.. yeah I'm okay." She took a deep breath, "Want me to try again? Or something else?" To her credit, Oleai at least performed a kick! Wildly inaccurate as it may have been. She looked to Serena, "Thanks!" She didn't catch the insult.

Kyrie: Let's try again. *throwing a glance up Serena's way, eyes narrowed behind Oleai's back* You almost had it. Just...focus on your target a little better.
Try lining yourself up a little better. Point your hip at the target.
You want your strike to be straight as possible.

Oleai: "Okay!" Oleai made two little bouncing hops in place to get herself worked up before spreading her legs back into stance. She took a deep breath and focused on aiming, lining her hips up as Kyrie suggested. Foot slid back, leg rearing up - there was a bit of wobble in her form as she was up on one leg - but once more that machine of hers shot out and this time landed square in the body of the dummy. There was a loud crack! Two of the four bolts holding the dummy in place were pried from the floor beneath! The lagomorph hopped back on one foot before stumbling backward and landing on her butt. At least the kick was dead on.. and a little too powerful.

Kyrie: *grins* Very good!

Kyrie: *and she can't help but shoot a smirk Serena's way, again out of Oleai's sight*

Kyrie: You'll need to work on keeping your footing. But your strike was perfect.

Oleai: She was all power, with absolutely no finesse. At least as far as fighting was concerned. Or her legs. Thankfully magic is cast with the hands.

Serena: ...I'm charing your mother for that.

Oleai: She beamed, tugging on one of her tall ears. The other stuck up proudly. "Thank you! That felt good! But.. oh no, I'm sorry about the dummy!"

Kyrie: She can afford it. No need to worry, Oleai.

Kyrie: Now, though, let's work on your balance. Improving that ought to help your form.

Oleai: "Maybe I'll just.. not kick as hard!"

Oleai: She stood, "Okay!"

Kyrie: Close your eyes, and steady your breathing. In and out, in a steady rhythm. Let yourself be as calm as you can manage.

Oleai: "Ohh!" She grinned, "That's easy!" Her eyes closed, hands coming in front of her palms-up as her breathing calmed. Like a master! THIS was an extensive part of her training as a windspeaker. There was a slight breeze circling her hands, even. If unintentional.

Kyrie: *smiles* Good. Now, lift one leg, and hold yourself still and straight. *keeping ready to steady her if she begins to fall*

Oleai: She remained still breathing for a few beats, but tilting ever so slightly to the right as she lifted her left leg off the ground. Wobbling slightly as she tried to find what position was easiest to balance on. Without the power of a kick to knock her on her ass, Oleai keeps herself upright fairly well. Deep breaths.

Kyrie: Very good. Now, I'm going to start nudging you, and I want you to keep your balance. Are you ready? *a warning she never got, but she can't help but go a little easy on Oleai; she's still got a bit of "not Nekana" in her judgment herself*

Oleai nodded, still focus on her breathing. The muscles in her right leg tighten, waiting to be shoved. She had no idea how hard it would be.

Kyrie: *she starts with light nudges in random directions, just to test her balance at first; she doesn't want to shove Oleai to the ground right off the bat*

Serena: *Sips her tea. Always watching. Always judging.*

Kyrie: *Stepping quietly, she gives Oleai no hint where each shove might come from before nudging her*

Oleai: The first few nudges she weathers fairly well - but Kyrie was going easy. A little wobble, but so easily shoved down.

Kyrie: *as she continues, she starts increasing the difficulty; a little faster, a little harder, sometimes more than one at a time*
Kyrie: *always circling around her, never letting Oleai get a sense of where the next will be*

Oleai does fairly well! Until the first time Kyrie gets her from two different angles - she overcompensates. Eyes opening, and yelping "Ah!" Before teetering to one side and falling to the ground. "Ugh!" She groaned, but was smiling.

Serena: You're too jumpy.

Kyrie: ...*nod* For your first time, that wasn't bad. But you do still seem a little nervous; you're too quick to move away.

Oleai levied a stare at Serena. She's a rabbit. But she doesn't backtalk, as much as she'd want to. "It's instinct.."
"Normally, the pullers or scouts do all the confronting. I've always just.. ran or jumped away. It's what I'm good at."

Serena: Your instincts betray you.

Kyrie: *another quick glare to Serena* She's blunt, but...she has a point. You're better at more than that, and those instincts aren't...bad. But when you're fighting, you'll need to better stand your ground. With enough practice, that will come easier.

Oleai: She slid her hands back behind her, holding herself up. "You remember that.. wolf.. monster? If I hadn't ran when I did.." Of course, that same fleeing got Kyrie stabbed, she quickly clammed up - and stood. "Okay."

Kyrie: There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind. You're right that sometimes these instincts serve you well. But in a fight, you need to press towards those that want to hurt you, not away.

Kyrie: We all have those instincts when we start, Oleai. *another look towards Serena* All of us.

Kyrie: Part of training is to learn when to fight, and when to run.

Oleai: She nodded, "Okay Kyrie. So.. more of the same?"

Kyrie: *nod* And this time, don't try and bend away from me. Bend towards me. See if that helps.

Oleai: She took another breath, and lifted her leg back up to balance. She was a little less wobbly this time. "Okay. Ready."

Kyrie: *she resumes, starting a bit harder right from the start this time*

Serena: Lower yourself, rabbit girl.

Oleai: Oleai nearly loses it on the first nudge, but on the second the tall lagomorph leans into the pressure the moment she feels it which.. makes it a lot easier. Once Kyrie's hand withdraws she nearly goes toppling over in THAT direction, though. For the third, she bends her left leg. Harder on the leg, maybe, but far easier to keep her balance. "Yes ma'am!" Her ears dipped a little at Serena's coaching, but only briefly.

Kyrie: Much better! *each push is a little harder than the last, now, as she sees how much Oleai can handle*

Oleai: Apparently taking very well to the softer instructions (She just responds better to it.) and a gradual ramp-up, she weathers all the nudges and shoves. The much larger Plainsrunner was feeling very solid now. Kyrie wasn't going to casually push her down. Maybe if she were a bit more aggresive.. but does she want to strike a rabbit?

Serena: ...Hmm.

Serena: You're better at this than I would've thought.

Oleai: Her ears perk up at the compliment, ".. Really? Th-" Her focus broke, Kyrie's last shove nearly toppling the rabbit - her arms shooting out to try and strike a balance. It takes a small blast of air from the palm to get herself centered again. Whew.

Kyrie: *She hesitates, but she does begin to ramp up the force, just to see how much Oleai can take. Nothing that would actually hurt her, but she's definitely putting significantly more effort behind each shove now, actively trying to knock her over.*

Serena: I didn't mean you.

Oleai: She lasts longer than one would think! Taking at least three of Kyrie's more assertive attempts to topple her. Needing to rely on a bit of magic to keep herself upward, but either way the trained martial artist doesn't have to spend too much time in actual effort to topple the novice. At least this time when she goes down it's with a bit more grace, rather than a total collapse. "... Oh." Her ears and tail went down.

Oleai: ".. She's right though, Kyrie! This is fun!" it's not meant to be fun, but that's just the rabbit's way of complimenting the training.

Kyrie: ...She's covering, Oleai. But...good. *laughs* Now, let's try applying this. Get back in your stance at the next dummy.

Oleai: She nods, smiling sweetly. Jumping back to her feet and repositioning. Straight into the stance she'd done before. "Kick it again?" She hesitated, dropping stance and approaching the dummy to pull it back straight. Not bolted in, but at least not cocked to the side. "Okay!"

Kyrie: *nod* That's right. This time, use this practice to keep yourself steady.

Oleai: Leaning back onto one leg, as she did during the kicks only this time at half the speed - her left leg draws back before shooting out again - knocking the dummy back to its cocked position. Since the post had give, there wasn't as much blowback and so Oleai kept her balance. "Hey! That worked!" Thanks in part to circumstance.

Kyrie: Good! Again.

Oleai: "Should.. we use another post?"

Kyrie: *nod* Move to the next.

Oleai: Staying on one foot, she bunnyhopped to the next in the line - wobbling a little before going solid again. Another kick - higher this time - bending the pole back but not breaking it. Sacrificing raw power for balance and aim. "Ha!"

Kyrie: *nods* Keep going. Down the rest of the line, quick as you can.

Oleai: "Okay!" Down the line she went, each subsequent kick was a little weaker, and a little balance was lost. The last few poles received their kicks in the arms, sending them spinning. This earned Oleai two cracks on the front and backside of her outstretched leg. The last pole was hit deadon, and the rabbit paused there. ".. This is a workout!" It doesn't help she moved from pole to pole by hopping on a bent leg.

Kyrie: Very good start, Oleai.

Kyrie: Take a breath, let yourself relax, and we'll pick up shortly.

Oleai: Her leg went down, "Okay!" She took the time to catch her breath. "So.. you trained just like this, huh?"

Kyrie: *nod* For both of us, yes.

Kyrie: *she looks up to Serena inquisitively*

Serena: When we were kits, at least.

Serena: *Places her tea to the side, and steps onto the floor*

Kyrie: How early does training begin for plainsrunners?

Oleai: "Haha.. Well, I'm no kit - but I feel like one." She rubbed the back of her head.. she wasn't very old, but she wasn't a child. Maybe as far as combat was concerned. "Uhhm.. Well, as children like you. But it's all different depending on your clan, and tribe. I learned to control my element, and how to run a caravan. But the bulls would be doing physical training like this. You know?"

Kyrie: ...I'm afraid not. Bulls? Men?

Oleai: "Well, the men of their race, yes. .. Plainsrunner is a kindof blanket term outsiders use. I mean literal bull-men. They pull our wagons. They're so strong!"
Kyrie: Ah, of course. *small laugh*

Oleai: "Well, they HELP pull our wagons. As far as our Tribe goes, it's us Windspeakers who do the majority of the work."

Kyrie: What about the male rabbits? What do they do?

Kyrie: *stepping to the side a bit as Serena approaches*

Oleai: Her arms fold, standing completely upright again. She towered over the Nekana, but still somehow felt smaller. "Oh, the males do the same work as the females as far as windspeakers go. We rotate two or three of us per wagon, to keep them going all day and night bellowing air into massive sails. Usually not as many boys as girls, though. Ahem."

Serena: But I'd imagine they don't do it as well.

Oleai: "It's the bulls that are more divided on sex. The women usually tend to cooking, sewing, children and the like." She shook her head, "Oh, that's not really true! My father is the chieftain, and tells me in his day was quite the wagon driver. He taught me a lot of what I know. Well, when he had time. Lots of kids to teach."

Kyrie: ...no offense to your father, but I don't believe I'll ever get used to hearing from men in charge. *light laugh*

Oleai: Her head tilted, "Nekana is a matriarchy, right?"

Kyrie: *nod* That's right.

Oleai: "So what do the male Nekana do? I don't see a whole lot of them. .. Oh! Except your husband, Serena. He's really nice!" She beamed. How sweet.

Kyrie: Oh...cleaning, caretaking...service jobs. Things like that.

Oleai: Oleai scratched her head, "Huh." It doesn't sound like being a male Nekana is very fun.

Kyrie: I'm sure it's different for others, but they just seem better suited for those roles.

Kyrie: I don't think I've ever even seen one in combat training...Serena?

Serena: They don't get combat training.

Oleai: "What if they're no good at service? Or just really good at fighting? We had a cow once stronger than a lot of the bulls! She pulls a wagon!"

Serena: A man?

Serena: No good at service?

Serena: *YOU CAN ALMOST HEAR THE PSHAW*

Oleai: Her head tilted the other way. "Sure. Everyone is different!"

Kyrie: *a slight quirk of her mouth at Serena's comment* If they have no skill at one job, then their mother would find them another they are good at. Though...good at fighting? I mean...I suppose it's not impossible.

Kyrie: Maybe...animal care or the like, in that case.

Oleai: "Hmm." Oleai didn't bother going in to debate what was likely a long history of inequality in Nekana culture. There was a reason the mostly-free and open Plainsrunners didn't get along with the rigid and sneaky Nekana.. Even if their two races were literally the same. She wasn't so dumb as to bring up THAT topic. "Well, what now?" She was fishing for a topic, or to continue training. Or maybe food.

Kyrie: Now that you've practiced the basics of strikes, and you've found better balance, I think we can return to stances. And from there, perhaps we can begin basic sparring.

Oleai: "Sparring? I don't know.." She approached the mat again, and took her balanced stance. Not that it was in any way a real stance. It was solid, but all over the place by Nekana standards.

Kyrie: Try to spread a little further again, like we started. Keep yourself low. Find a balance between height and your own comfort.

Oleai: Oleai nodded again, going into the wide stance. She was nice and limber at this point. She lost a lot of height in the pursuit - her proportions were much different than a Nekana's. So much leg. She needed to squat much more to strike a decent balance. "O.. Okay! Like this?"

Kyrie: Good. How does it feel?

Oleai: "Feels.. awkward, to be honest."

Kyrie: *nod* Finding the right balance is tricky when you start.

Kyrie: A stance you can move quickly from, but others can't move you easily from.

Kyrie: Relax it a bit, and see if that helps.

Oleai: She took a breath, shoring her legs in a little. Maybe not as low down as wanted, but certainly more comfortable. "Okay.. " She sounded serious. So serious ms. bunny.

Kyrie: Good. *she gives her a few nudges* See how it's easier to stay in place? When you're fighting, you want to avoid being knocked down as best you can. You always want the position of strength.

Oleai: The nudges, compared to earlier, are much easier. "Yeah! Though I still want verymuch to just jumped away. But the only thing I've fought have been.. some giant wolf thing and a monster lady."

Kyrie: *nod* That's all right. Most of us had never fought when we began our training, so you're starting with experience already. *small smirk*

Kyrie: There's nothing wrong with that instinct. It's a question of control.

Kyrie: You can't get rid of fear. But you can learn when to act on it.

Oleai: "I'll try my best, Kyrie." She offered a smile, keeping her stance. "What.. do I do with my hands?" Compared to her legs, her arms were rather twiggy. Not bad, but certainly not used for much more than moving boxes and making swishy gestures in the air. Granted, most things are tiny compared to her legs. "I have no idea."

Kyrie: Keep them up, like this. *takes her wrists, helping her position* Even if you don't plan to punch, we can still show you some basic blocks. And at the least, they'll be ready to cast as needed, in position so it only takes a few motions. Maybe you'll even find your own style to combine striking and casting, given enough time?

Serena: Striking physically whilst casting? That would be...impressive. A very enhanced shaman technique.

Oleai: "Hehehe.. I think you're holding me to a high standard!" She snickers as Kyrie moves her arms around like a posable doll. Her fingers waggled, "I'll need to be careful not to cast in a panic with my hands like this.." She could snap her own wrist, which was left unsaid. "So.. blocks? But that's only if it's like.. a fist, or something?"

Oleai: "Shaman?" Nekana had spellcasters? "Do Nekana control elements too? I've never met one!"

Serena: Ah..No. No, Nekana have no relation to the elements at all.

Kyrie: *nod* We have no talent with magic, I'm afraid. Though we've known others. And it would be very advanced, but not impossible.

Oleai: "Oh. ... Maybe I can do that, eventually!"

Kyrie: Anyway, fists can be blocked, but also kicks. Any strike to your body can be blocked. Keep your arms ready, I'll demonstrate. *stepping back*

Oleai: Her arms came up and together. More a flinch than a block. "Okay! Go slow?"

Kyrie: *she nods, and slowly comes up into a sidekick, giving Oleai plenty of time*

Oleai: Oleai tenses, and she clearly struggles to not just hop to one side to dodge. Her arms lock together and move to block the kick - one leg raising to join the two smaller limbs.

Kyrie: ...interesting reflex. *said honestly, not teasingly, as she watches Oleai move to block it with her leg as well* Or is that learned?

Serena: It is large enough to be a shield.

Serena: A shield made of meat.

Oleai: She planted her leg again, "S-sorry! I just kindof did that. Is that bad?" Serena's insult didn't really take.. it wasn't a lie. Oleai was proud of her legs. It would be like mocking a Nekana for HAVING a tail.

Kyrie: Not at all. It's just interesting. Our reflexes are usually to block with our arms, though I suppose that does make more sense for you...hmm.

Kyrie: I'm going to move a bit faster this time. I want you to hold your ground, and block what you can. When you're ready.

Oleai: She laughed nervously, "W.. Well, if it's realistic to use in a fight. I feel a bit better about that at least."

Oleai: A nod, "I'll try." She gulped, steeling herself.

Kyrie: Take a breath first. Calm yourself. Remember, this is an exercise.

Oleai: Eyes closed, she did exactly that. A deep breath to calm herself.

Kyrie: Ready?

Oleai: "Ready."

Kyrie: *Kyrie begins a basic routine at about a third normal speed, a combination of strikes and kicks in place, watching Oleai's reflexes; what she can block and what she can't. Not trying to gain ground, just a routine meant to test an opponent's defenses, going on for minutes or until she loses her footing, whichever comes first.*

Oleai: Attempting to use just her arms for the first several strikes, Oleai's firmly grounded stance holds up surprisingly well! She tries rotating her arms between hits, quickly feeling a bit of soreness from her poor method of blocking. When Kyrie kicks for the first time, instinct takes hold and is only barely caught - resulting in an unintentionally impressive looking block with her leg. Encouraged by this, she takes to staying on one leg, while blocking lower hits with the other. Two arms and a leg form a decent shield, only...

Kyrie: *at the end of the routine, she stops, ears perked* Very good! Your instincts are better than you give yourself credit for, Oleai.

Kyrie: *looks to Serena, to get her impression*

Oleai: She relaxes, bringing a hand over her heart to calm it. "Maybe! But that wasn't as fun! It was hard to keep up!" At one third the pace.

Serena: There's one problem.

Oleai: "W.. What's that?"

Serena: Defend!
Serena: *STRIKES*

Oleai: Having dropped her stance for some kind of wrap-up, she was far too slow to react to Serena's sudden attack. Instinct on her side - she got a leg up to avoid being hit bare in the flank but had nowhere near the balance to not be immediately sent back onto her ass.

Kyrie: *with a sideways grin to Serena, Kyrie moves to help Oleai back to her feet*
Serena: You cannot balance that way. You may feel defended, but you are quite vulnerable.

Oleai: Eyes pinched shut from yet another land on her rump, she stood with Kyrie's help. "W.. Well, I wasn't expecting that!" As soon as she said that, she knew the response she was going to get.

Serena: No.

Serena: Kyrie, mimic that pose.

Oleai: She mumbled, "I bet I could." This is about as fiesty as the rabbit woman could get.

Kyrie: *mimics!*

Oleai: ".. She's so much smaller, though."

Serena: Size is meaningless!

Serena: *Comes in high with a jab, but then suddenly drops in fluid motion, sweeping Kyrie's single leg out from under her.*

Oleai: Oleai quieted, but couldn't bring herself to agree with this master instructor. Not the best student, or maybe her pride was a little wounded.

Kyrie: *crashes to the ground* ...fair point. *slight grunt as she picks herself up*

Serena: Your center of gravity is far too high that way. A low strike will topple you every time.

Oleai: ".. What if I jumped over low things?"

Kyrie: *raises a brow silently to Serena, keeping quiet for now*

Serena: Do you wish to try?

Kyrie: *was that to Oleai or to her?*

Oleai: No. No. No. No. No. ".. Yes." Damnit. She stood, showing a lot more fire than comes to her nature. Some actual fighting in a safe environment was getting the otherwise peace-loving but certainly full of potential Ms. Canyonsunder confident. She took her stance, this time actually expecting a blow from the older Nekana instructor. An intense expression on her face. This was it! Time to prove she wasn't a complete coward!

Serena: *Falls into an advanced stance* Defend yourself.

Oleai: Oleai is entirely unable to recognize an advanced stance from a basic one. "Yes ma'am!"

Serena: *Serena snaps forward, going for a simple jab at Oleai's fleshy soft parts*

Oleai: She'd just seen Serena pull this trick on her friend. She blocked just as she'd grown comfortable doing - two arms an a leg. Her right leg, tree-trunk that it is, planted firmly on the ground but ready at a moment's notice to give in to instinct and send her skyward. She would jump right over this old cat!

Serena: *SWEEP*

Oleai: A recycling of what Oleai had just witnessed, the rabbit pushed with her right leg and launched herself up. With only one leg to do it, it was a short jump. (Compared to her average, she still easily doubled the Nekana's full standing height). While she HAD dodged, this put her in the air with no followup plan. So, she dropped the martial arts and fell back to basics. Hands shooting forward to launch a powerful gust of air downward at the old cat while slowing her own descent. She'd land on both feet. That is, if nothing unexpected happened.

Serena: *OH SHIT THE TOTALLY NOT OLD CAT IS TOTALLY ON TOP OF HER AGAIN*

Kyrie: *Kyrie watches quietly, silently urging Oleai on from the side*
Oleai: Oleai backpeddles, and tries to get into a position to defend herself again before Serena can attack. More than likely not.

Oleai: ALL REFERENCES TO OLD CATS WERE OF COURSE SPEAKING ABOUT MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE, NOT AGE.

Serena: *Oleai has a dagger point at her throat!* Better than I thought, but you've a long way to go, rabbit.

Kyrie: ...Serena!

Serena: *Flicks the knife back into the sleeve of her pajama shirt* She was in no danger and you know it.

Kyrie: That doesn't matter. You wouldn't do that to a kit. *glaring*

Oleai: Training confidence gave way to actual fear as there was suddenly a dagger to her throat and a ninja-cat at the helm of it. The rabbit backpeddled further and fell onto her backside. That's four times now, for those keeping score.

Serena: *Pauses a moment, ear flicking wildly.* I would if the kit insisted she knew better than the master, now wouldn't I?

Oleai: Oleai shook her head, "N-no! I don't know better! I was just.. I wanted to try." Her ears sank, rebuffed. She tugged one, a nervous tick she seems to have developed over the weeks of CONSTANT MORTAL DANGER. "I'm sorry." She pulled up her knees, hugging them. She wouldn't cry, though! Still, this entire scenario held an uncomfortably close paralell to the last time her ego reared its head and and caused her to act without considering.

Kyrie: *frowning, she goes to Oleai's side, putting an arm around her shoulders* ...Kitspeak, Serena. Does she have potential?

Serena: *Flicks her knife out again, fiddling with it slightly* ...She does.

Serena: I will teach you a better way.

Kyrie: *nods, rubbing Oleai's shoulder*

Serena: You've done far better than I had expected, rabbit.

Oleai: Oleai raises her head, looking to Kyrie and smiling sweetly. How is it she'd made friends with a Nekana again? Trip hasn't been all bad. (No mention of her crush on Guy, here. Retcons!) "Thank you.. ma'am." She said, unable to make eye contact.

Kyrie: I'm not surprised by her performance. She did save my life, Serena.

Serena: *STARING AT OLEAI*

Oleai: Her head sinks further into her shoulders. Eventually she looks up.

Serena: *STARING INTO HER EYES*

Oleai: "W.. What is it?"

Oleai: "What better way?"

Kyrie: ...*quiet whisper* Don't blink first.

Serena: *THE MOST INTENSE STARE*

Oleai: Thankfully, she was on the verge of tears. So, that helps? But it was more that this Nekana was terrifying. She had Kyrie there, though! She stared back with ABSOLUTELY NO INTENSITY.

Serena: *Suddenly looks away, flicking her ear*

Serena: That is your choice to make.

Serena: Will you join us, Kyrie?

Kyrie: *nods, helping Oleai back up*

Oleai: She looked to Kyrie, not following Serena very well. But, in for a penny. She stands, and from now on is just a little more tense.

Serena: We'll skip the rite. You were never good at staring contests anyway.

Oleai: Nekana rituals were odd.

Kyrie: ...*slight snicker* The both of us?

Serena: If you wish to learn.

Kyrie: Of course. I just hadn't expected it.

Oleai: "W.. What is it we're doing? Or.. learning."

Serena: As I said.

Serena: The choice is yours to make.

Serena: I know two exotic and very effective forms.

Oleai: Her ears stuck up, "O-oh!" She had options. Or was this all a trick? Argh! "Which do you think I'm more suited for?"

Serena: I refuse to answer that.

Serena: I can teach you the Palm of Quaking Earth, or Fist of Flowing Water.

Oleai: "Oh..." So much for admitting Serena's expertise. She looked to Kyrie, "What do you think? Well.. What 'forms' are these?" She had only the faintest concept of what a 'form' was to begin with.

Kyrie: You know yourself better than anyone, Oleai. No judge would be better than you.

Kyrie: They're styles of fighting.

Oleai: When she heard the names, her ears sunk again. Both of them were ironic and depressing.

Kyrie: I'm sure they'll need some adaptation to your build...can you at least speak a bit more on them, Serena?

Oleai: "They both sound more... punchy."

Oleai: Punchy. She's clearly suited to be in an expert's dojo.

Serena: The Palm of Quaking Earth is very stabilized and it will feel as if your body is rock solid. The Fist of Flowing Water, on the other hand, will allow your body to flow like a gentle river.

Oleai: Judging it on simply the worst criteria, Oleai couldn't bring herself to know anything called 'Quaking Earth'. "Flowing Water, then." She at least tried to sound confident in her decision.

Kyrie: *nod* If you are asking both of us, I'd agree with her choice.

Serena: Flowing water then. Are you ready, Ky-chan?

Kyrie: ...*trying not to react to that* I believe so. *nodding*

Serena: I had assumed I'd be teaching you the way of the gusting kick, if anything...

Oleai: Oleai tried not to smile at 'Ky-chan'. Whatever that meant. It sounded funny.

Serena: *Walks to the center of the room, whipping towards them* Ky-Chan! Ears-Chan! Bow to your sensei!

Kyrie: ...perhaps if you'd offered that as an option, Sensei. *slight smirk*

Kyrie: *BOWS*

Serena: If I tried to teach Ears-Chan that form, she would die.

Serena: I mean that quite sincerely. It's even more unbalanced than her normal stance.

Kyrie: A future goal, perhaps. *still bowed*

Oleai: Oleai bowed, after only a moment of watching Kyrie do it. "Gusting kick sounds a lot more like me..."

Serena: *TRAINING MONTAGE*

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 pm

The night passes without incident, with Serena giving some instruction to those who ask...except Oleai. Eventually, the home is opened up to the group, with some rather delicious soup prepared by Serena's mate Jet served to the group, although Jet himself is never so much as heard, let alone seen. Rain continues to pour outside, but within the dojo/home, it's nice and cozy. Even Triya finds her first night within the bubble relatively nice, though she's likely annoyed to wake up in the morning a bit smaller than she went to sleep.

In the morning, a large pot of tea is prepared and Serena heads down to the dojo early for her own exercises, with Oleai and Kyrie heading down a few hours later. The pair manage to get some training of their own in, with Serena beginning to teach them the basics of an entirely new form; a stance to help with dodging and evading an enemy.

Nearly an hour into their training, however, the door slides open. One of the women from yesterday, Kimiko steps in, followed by Yandice. Serena looks in their direction and immediately kneels as the pair flank the door, saying nothing and crossing their arms over their chests.

Then in from the grey, dreary morning outside steps a Nekana woman, fur white as snow with ice blue eyes. A pair of spectacles rest on her nose, and she's dressed in an interesting hybrid of a Wellsian suit and a traditional Nekana robe. Long white hair frames her face as she takes a brief look at those occupying the dojo, slowly and carefully pulling the white gloves off her hand and handing them to an umbrella-carrying servant with a polite nod. She turns back to Serena, who's still kneeling, but bowed even further now. "Good morning, Serena."

"Good morning, honorable kazuko!" Serena replies immediately. Anything less would imply the white furred woman didn't have her complete attention, and it would bring great shame to her family.

"And who's this?" The woman asks. "Why, is that little Kyrie? Come, dear. Let me have a look at you."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Oleai was seated in the corner somewhat close to the rest of the group - Still recovering from a morning of more physical training than she'd ever really done in her life. She'd requested more of that amazing soup from Jet, whom she'd tried to coax to speaking a few times since arriving. Her latest attempt cut short by the opening of the doors and the arrival of a Nekana of import.

Even though she had no idea what a 'Kazuko' was, Serena's bowing was enough to get Oleai to dip her head and flatten her ears. Try to shrink as far into the background as a giant rabbit woman could. It probably isn't good press to be seen with a Plainsrunner. Even if that was totally unfair and mean.

Lots of things she'd seen on this trip were exactly that! She's learning.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Since the training (having pushed herself a little harder than might have been wise), Kyrie's been trying to go easy on herself. While her wound was throbbing for a time after finishing, it's since dulled, barely noticeable to her great relief. Near to Oleai and the others, she's spent her time centering herself, reading through a borrowed book of Serena's and keeping mostly quiet.

Setting it down at the sound of the door, she's quick to mime Serena's actions, caught off-guard first by the reappearance of Yandice, and even further by the entrance of her mother. At her word, she stands, a mental cringe at the unnecessary 'little'. "Yes, honorable Kazuko," she replies, crossing the room to a respectful distance, allowing Lillen the chance to inspect her.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:42 am

Triya had been up bright and early, intent on exploring these new powers of hers. Chiefly by zapping the training dummies, shaping those energies and conjuring small objects into existence (resulting, at one point, in shooting a dummy full of tiny arrows). Since she seemed doomed to shrink anyway, she might as well learn to use the powers which came with it.

Kazuko's entrance certainly brought a halt to the training, and Triya remained floating quietly in the background for the time being, uncertain of the etiquette. Sana seemed to have disappeared overnight, presumably back into her ring. Which raised the question of what she ought to do with it. She was far too tiny to wear the thing, so perhaps she ought to ask somebody to look after it for a while.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm

The Kazuko approaches Kyrie, running her hand through the fur of younger Nekana's cheek. "You're the spitting image of your mother when we were young."

"Isn't it custom to present the kazuko with a gift?" Yandice suddenly blurts, seemingly intent to keep Kyrie in her place. The kazuko looks over her shoulder, instantly cowing her daughter into awkward silence. The turns back to the others, giving them a soft smile that still may seem just a little rehearsed.

"It's not necessary. Kyrie is no peasant and the Lucky Paw are our close associates. That being said, my daughter tells me you've brought some interesting companions with you, as well as some rare treasures. May I see them?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Kyrie's little caught off guard by Lillen - it's usually her sisters that receive that comparison - and it takes her a second or two to react. Once she's gathered herself, though, she nods sharply, slightly clearing her throat and looking back to the others. "Honorable Kazuko, I would introduce Oleai of the Plainsrunners, Rasmus of the Snow Elves, and Triya of Partia. They've been welcome companions over these last months, and I'm sure they are honored by your recognition. As for treasures..."

Her natural reluctance quarrels with her obedience to her leader, and she considers the book they'd found. After a bit of thought, she can find no way that her knowing its existence could hurt them - perhaps even to the contrary - and so after another brief delay, she steps to her bag, removing the book over whatever protests the others might raise and bringing it to Lillen. "This collection was found not far from this village. We aren't yet sure of its meaning, but it raises some very interesting questions merely by its existence."

A slight pause, as she considers others that may qualify, believing this along not likely enough to satisfy her. For the quickest of moments, Sana passes through her mind - she can only imagine how much allure a Partian genie may hold - but it's dismissed just as quickly, Kyrie having no desire to betray Triya in that manner. Instead, perhaps their recent encounter nearby may pique her interest enough. "The spot where I found this book is itself an interesting treasure of sorts as well. An enchanted shell preserved against time itself just a few hours' travel away. A single moment suspended to eternity. We were told it dates before the humans, the elves, and even before the first days of our own empire, Kazuko. It possesses little monetary value, but it is a great wonder to behold."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Oleai's eyes were pinched shut, in hopes Kyrie wouldn't announce her and just leave her be in the corner.. but, no such luck.

When her name was called, she hopped up to her feet and bowed again, "N-nice to meet you!" She stuttered. When was it she'd become so nervous? Months of hardship and monsters trying to eat you probably contributed.

She was already out of hiding, and so Oleai kept upright and wandered just a bit closer. Initially wanting to protest handing over the book to this stranger (As far as she knew anyway) but not about to voice it. Instead she stood nervously tugging on an ear, swaying side to side in place. She wanted back on the road, and away from all these cities.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Lillen gives a polite nod to all as they're introduced, before bowing slightly herself. "I am Lillen Pervasu, matriarch of the Cat's Eye and Kazuko of Nekana. It is my honor to meet you all."

She takes the book as it's offered up, leafing through it slowly and carefully. Eventually something seems to catch her interest, and she motions for Yandice to take a look. As Yandice peers over her shoulder, Lillen turns her attention back to the others. "While not valuable in and of itself, this book contains a trove of information about other great treasures from a lost time, though I'd guess most of them have been destroyed or claimed by now. More a catalog than anything...Would you be willing to part with it?"

"Mother." Yandice chimes in, nodding her head at the glowing blue ball containing Triya. "The Altered, and the Djinn."

"Ah, yes...Might I see you for a moment, little one?" Lillen asks, turning her attention to Triya.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:08 pm

"While...I imagine reproductions would be fine, I would ask that we be allowed to keep the book itself, Kazuko." A slight fidget of her tail, as Kyrie hopes her understanding is more than shallow at the moment. "It is likely key to our investigation right now, and there may be facets of it we have not yet discovered that may help us."

As for her attention turning to Triya, Kyrie steps out of the way, unable to keep from making a worried glance in her direction. Obviously Lillen knows about Sana already (though hopefully not what her vessel is), but 'altered'? Do they know something more about her state that they've yet to share? The idea concerns her, though perhaps it means they also know of treatment?

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:47 pm

"Of course, Kazuko," Triya said respectfully, throttling down any annoyance at being called 'little one.' She floated gently over to Lillen, hovering at around head height and giving a small bow. Quite what the kazuko might want with herself or Sana she wasn't sure, but she doubted there'd be any serious repercussions from turning her down.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Lillen leans in slightly, squinting to try and block some of the glow coming off Triya. "You're...by far the oldest Altered I've ever seen. I wasn't aware someone your age could even become Altered at all..." She turns back to Yandice, almost accusingly. "Are you sure?"

Yandice crosses her arms again, making a face. "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck..."

Lillen turns back to Triya, squinting again. "I suppose so...But, I believe we can fix you, if you'd like. Reverting Altered back to normal human is something my mystics have experimented with. We'll simply transfer your condition onto my daughter."

"What?!" Yandice yelps, suddenly looking more nervous.

"It won't take but a few minutes, and you'll be right as rain." Lillen says with a slight smile.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 pm

That hadn't been what Triya had been expecting at all. Nor Yandice, by the sounds. The scare, she couldn't help thinking, might be good for her. Yandice had not made a good impression on her overall. Tempting though the offer was though, she just wouldn't feel comfortable pawning her condition off on somebody else. There was also that whole 'chosen' ting to consider. She still had questions about that which, alas, were only likely to be answered by seeing things through.

"It's a tempting offer, Kazuko," she said honestly, "But I couldn't ask somebody else to simply take my place. I'm reasonably confident things will turn out alright in the end, but I'm not entirely sure, and it's my risk to take, not somebody else's."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:32 pm

"One hundred thousand gold coins." Lillen says quickly.

"WHAT?!" Yandice screams again. "Mother, you can't--"

"Two hundred thousand." Lillen follows up.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:45 pm

Triya shook her head gently, hiding her amusement that Yandice's suggestion of money had come back to bite her. She gave the same answer to Lillen as she had to Yandice, "Money isn't a temptation, Kazuko. It wouldn't buy me anything I couldn't simply wish for if I truly wanted it. Granted, Sana would do a bit of mischievous tweaking, which keeps frivolous requests in check, but most of us do have pretty comfortable retirements."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Kyrie, on the other hand, does her best to restrain her amusement. Keeping quiet throughout the discussion between the two, she does little more than watch Yandice with perked ears, enjoying watching her squirm under the mere suggestion of this solution. She's not sure exactly how serious Lillen is - she's too good to be that obvious - but either way, after yesterday it's a welcome sight.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Oleai is just glad for the chance to slip to the back of the room once more, using Triya's condition as a diversion. She'd feel some guilt in that - but the Partian seemed to be adapting to this.. anomaly.. fairly well. In fact, having a tiny person in the group had been a welcome oddity and fairly entertaining. At least now they knew it was a reversible condition.

Nothing to say, nothing to magic at! Let the cats talk among themselves.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 am

Rasmus largely looks bored. After a poor night's sleep, not being allowed to learn Serena's martial art style (and how could she improve on his own? She wasn't an elf), and now this lady trying to buy powers, he was also feeling irritable.

"What is this, some kinda test?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:01 pm

"You'd know it if it was a test." Lillen says plainly. "But tests are generally used to gather information, aren't they? There's nothing about you we don't already know." She turns her attention back to Kyrie. "Are you certain you won't sell your treasures?"

"What's to prevent us from just taking them?" Yandice says, slamming her fist into the opposite palm.

"As the matriarch of the head family of Nekana, I can't soil my hands in such ways." Lillen says, matter-of-factly. "But combat between daughters...I suppose there's nothing that would stop you from taking it, kitten..."

There's an odd shift in the air and there's a muffled whisper of a noise, sounding almost like the quiet laughter of dozens of other Nekana.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:09 pm

"I'm certain, Kazuko," Kyrie says with a slight bow of her head, "but I am honored by the offer. As for a challenge, Yandice may propose such, but such a blunt action may cause more harm to them than you may prefer; especially with her newfound choice of weaponry." She suspected things might come to this, and while she is worried about her chances against Yandice, the blatant suggestion has helped steel her. Now that she knows the direction things may go, she doesn't let an ounce of her nerves show through, instead merely offering a light, almost unnoticed smirk. "My offer of reproductions still stands, of course, and I am sure we could negotiate a price for that; I'm certain you have at least one scribe in this village that could perform such? In fact, I have just such a price in mind, should you be willing to listen, honored Matriarch."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Oleai's long ears stand upright. There were a lot more Nekana here than before. She stands, moving in closer to her allies before speaking quietly. "There are a lot of them..."

She clasped her hands together, creating a little ball of air between her palms out of sight. Since leaving Cantiga, virtually everything they've encountered has led to someone trying to rob them, eat them, hurt them or flat out kill them. Oleai was tired of being caught off guard!

She spoke up, "You must have plenty of treasures already! We'll be done with them eventually, then we can sell them to you." Eventually their trip WOULD end. What would they need the book for then?

... Was it wrong to interrupt?

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:26 pm

"Impetuous little--!!" Yandice shouts, reaching for the blades at her back rather than the gun at her hip. Before she can draw them, Serena is nearly atop her, a staff barred across the young Daimyo's chest, blocking her from raising her arms. Yandice seethes at her, but Serena just gives a small shake of her head, leaving the 'princess' to fume, glaring death and daggers as Kyrie and Oleai alike.

Lillens ears twist as her brow raises in curiousity. "What price might that be, kit?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:36 pm

With a quick, grateful glance to Serena, she keeps her eyes fixed on Lillen. "My companions have suffered a number of insults of varying degrees since coming to Nekana despite their accomplishments, Kazuko, and as their ally, such insults carry to me and the Lucky Paw. They are each of great merit in their own lands, and deserve better than that they have received. In a village such as this, far from the capital and unused to outsiders, I can understand such attitudes, but our travels may eventually take us to more settled areas. To prevent any further such unintended insults to the daughter of the matriarch of the Lucky Paw, I ask nothing more than that they each be given public diplomatic status by the Cat's Eye and considered as equal in status to myself, as befit any high-ranking guests from afar. Should you agree, honored Kazuko, I would be happy to allow you to obtain a full copy of the tome."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Good thinking, Kyrie! Oleai tries to mute her own celebration of the young Lucky Paw's bargain - managing at least not to exclaim it, and instead just do a little silent cheer.

Back to being quiet.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Lillen slowly grins, and it's...probably much more predatory than she means. "Of course, kit. Of course we can give them status as diplomats tied to the Lucky Paw clan. I'm sure you can trust that they won't, and never have done, anything that could bring great shame upon themselves."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Oleai immediately darkens, ears flattening over the back of her head.

They can't know about that, can they? They hate Plainsrunners. Why would they care?

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 pm

The grin fails to put Kyrie off even an inch, as she nods in agreement. "I trust them. I know that they hold themselves well enough that our association would bring my clan no shame. I would not have offered if I thought otherwise, honored Kazuko."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:26 am

It sounded good to Rasmus, yet Lillen looked as though she'd not just been told it was free, but given one of her heart's desire alongside it. Rasmus runs a hand through his hair and glowers at the unseen Nekana, aka the walls. If he had ever done anything shameful, it was already forgotten.

He spares a glance for his teammates. Despite feeling sure that there was nothing they've done wrong, Rasmus also concedes to himself that he hardly knows the people.

The glowering is still saved for the unseen Nekana.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:03 pm

"Then please bring the book to one of our scribes so copies of the important pages can be made. Good day, little Kyrie." Lillen turns to Serena, nodding curtly to her, before walking out. The flow of air seems to change as the multitude of hidden ninja sneak back out, Yandice pausing for a moment to glare at the group, hissing like a cat before following the rest in a huff.

Serena spins her staff, planting it into the floor and putting her weight against it. "I hope you know what you're doing. The Kazuko is ruthless...and her daughter is even worse. They'll find a way to turn deals against you."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Tail slumping when Lillen and her companions are out of sight, Kyrie looks to Serena, a little more blatant than usual. "...I made the right decision. There've been enough stares and comments from my people towards them, and I'm tired of it. She can put me off the idea all she likes." She turns back to the others, offering them a light smile. "At least this way, you all can walk around here without worrying about attack or insult. It's the least Nekana can give you; literally so, judging by the other nations I've seen so far. It's shameful, the way you've been treated, and I'm glad to put an end to it."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Serena gives Kyrie a bit of a look, returning the staff to it's stand and taking a seat in the observation stands. "You're my oldest friend and you know I'll stick by you, but...I think you've made a mistake. The only person who wins in deals with Lillen Pervasu is Lillen. I'm sure this'll come back to haunt you."

She sighs heavily, before making a gesture. "I've arranged for your cart to be resupplied, you should be ready to get back to your trip. My doors are always open to you, no matter what the Daimyo and Kazuko say, but I can't protect you from everything."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:30 am

"Well.. We won't be in Nekana land forever, right? We should just get on the road and gone as soon as we can." Oleai added, before bowing her head to Serena.

"Thank you for everything!"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:11 pm

"It is no trouble..." Serena says with a respectful bow, before adding in quietly, "...Ears."

At this point of the day, it's too late to get moving. So, the rest of the day is spent preparing for depature in the morning, and allowing the scribes in town to copy down whatever pages were of interest to Lillen. The Nekana in town give some odd looks but ultimately leaving the odd collection of travelers alone. The mist and light rain of the day eventually gives way to clear skies in the morning, and a nippy wind blows off the mountains to the west while a dry warmth swirls in the east. The iron horses are...Refueled? Recharged? They're prepared to leave at a moment's notice. And just like that, the small farming village of absolutely no consequence is just a shadow in the distance as the group speeds towards the burning desert and it's crown jewel, Partia.

Rain: End

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:04 am

Chapter 6: Of Power, Faith, and Glory (Or: Dischordant Sonata)

Just outside Partian main gates - 221 PS - Monday, 11:34 AM.

Almost as soon as our intrepid adventurers leave the small farming village, the weather begins to change. Cold, damp air from the mountain is quickly replaced by dry heat of the fields, and then the oppressive heat of the desert itself as the fields of grass give way to a sea of sand. The order of the day is water and lots of it, and thankfully Serena and the town have provided plenty. Still, the heat continues to beat down on the group as hot wind blusters about their faces from the speed of the wagon.

Within her bubble, Triya finds herself quite comfortable...Other than the possible annoyance that the hot sun and heavy heat seems to be accelerating the process her body is going through. Within the first day of being in the desert, she's dwindled over a foot (from her perspective) As her bubble has swelled well over the size of a child's play ball. The power within her continues to grow as she shrinks, and she finds herself master of the domain within the bubble, able to conjure anything she can imagine effortlessly within...And with a bit more effort outside. Maybe she has obtained some odd bastardization of the power of the djinn?

On the third day of high speed travel through the desert, the group finally approaches the main gates of Partia proper, the huge walls keeping out the beasts of the dunes and Castle Partia looming magnificently in the distance. However, judging from the huge buildup of wagons and travelers, the gates are currently closed...Leaving them on low supplies, low water, and in the sweltering mid-day desert heat.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs