Null's Game

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Null's Game

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:58 am

Spoiler:
"The whole choosing process was a bit confused," Triya confided, "Maybe you could give me a brief rundown when we have some spare time?"

The others had seemed to be holding up their end of the conversation well enough, but it wasn't polite to simply float there muttering to herself, particularly with the Daimyo's arrival. "Daimyo," she said at her own introduction, executing a polite midair bow from amidst her bubble of energy. The outfit would probably take a little getting used to, improvement or no. She suspected the resemblance to Eli and Lil's outfits might not be a coincidence, which could indicate a connection somewhere along the way.

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:25 am

"Mother was called out to oversee something or other. As her Right Hand, I came to help manage it. Nothing a Lucky Paw needs to worry about." She turned at Triya's greeting, leaning in and squinting her eyes. "Hellloooo...You are the oldest Altered I've ever seen. Who are you?"

Triya:
Spoiler:
"Oh! When you get down to my size, we'll have plenty of time to talk! No need to rush!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 am

"Triya Kasim," Triya said, mentally filing away the 'Altered' description for further investigation, "I'm rather new to the whole experience, truth be told. Something of a magical mishap." The tension between the Daimyo and Kyrie was rather obvious, so Triya refrained from volunteering too much information.

"I blame the djinn," Sana put in in a stage whisper nominally directed to Rasmus.

"You are the djinn."

"There, you see? I know what I'm talking about. Semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic powers backfiring. Happens all the time."

"How reassuring." There was going to be retribution for this, Triya abruptly decided. She wasn't entirely sure how one went about getting their own back on a djinn, but Sana was enjoying this situation far too much.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 am

Oleai rose one hand, "I'm Oleai." She added after Triya introduced herself. Was this person friendly or not? It was hard to tell. At least the Doctor was gone.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:58 am

Relieved that Yandice is being (for her) relatively friendly, Kyrie raises her gaze to meet Yandice's, ignoring the slight to her clan; it's hardly her first one.

"So I see. Even so, Daimyo, I would be honored if you would pass along to your mother that I offer her what service I can while here, should it prove necessary." A careful choice of phrasing that just barely steps along the edge of informality and dismissal, giving Yandice a subtle reminder of who it is that truly sits above the Lucky Paw for now, however ill-thought a reminder it may be. The dance of words is merely another arena against her, and as one of the few where Kyrie has claimed the occasional costly win, It's an arena she's never managed to keep herself out of for long.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

"You can tell her yourself." Yandice says, raising her head just slightly to acknowledge Oleai as even existing, before turning away entirely. "A genie and a nascent Altered; Mother will want to see this for herself. You may yet find yourself rich...Triya, was it?"

She looks to Kyrie, narrowing her eyes as her ears sweep back in mild contempt. "And I supposed you'll get a finder's fee."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Triya raised an eyebrow, a gesture people might have trouble picking up on, given her current size, "If I wanted to be rich, I'd wish for it," she pointed out reasonably, "It'd probably go horribly wrong, but then, I daresay this offer would as well." It seemed that, even confining herself to only a little information, she'd said too much. Someone trying to bribe her was definitely a novel experience. Such attempts couldn't be that unusual, she supposed, given the kind of power djinni wielded and which people might want to press into their service, but up until now the question had been rather academic.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:58 pm

"As for myself...I hadn't considered that. I thank you for the suggestion, Daimyo, and I will be certain to take it under consideration." A bare smile crosses her own features as she sits back, a mild wince as she resettles herself. "You are right, though, that I ought speak with her directly; I oughtn't waste your time with matters beyond your concern. I'm sure you have your own interests with which to occupy your time." Glancing briefly to her guns, she barely raises a brow, her own ears still flat in submission. "I notice you've taken up a new arm, for one?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Yandice follows Kyrie's gaze to the revolver on her hip. "Oh, this?" She says, pulling her coat back slightly. "Mother asked me to, a gift to some new friends."

She looks upwards as heavy rain begins to tink loudly against the roof of the building, and thunder rumbles outside. "You should find some shelter for the night. It's going to be a hell of a storm."

With a flourish of her jacket, Yandice leaves as quickly as she showed up, her lackies scrambling out behind her.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:35 pm

As soon as Yandice steps out the door, Kyrie gives a sigh of relief, leaning back against the wall with arms limp.

"I had...really hoped they wouldn't be here. No avoiding it now, then." She looks about the others. "Whatever they tell you about me while they're here...ignore it."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm

"They're weird," Rasmus said simply. "And what's that mean, 'matters beyond your concern?' Like.. it's too big for 'em or what? They don't care?"

Rasmus seemed honestly a little lost, but with the look he had worn while the conversation happened around him, he probably had not really been paying attention either.

"And where are we gonna sleep?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:04 pm

"It means that Yandice is a spoiled brat that sometimes needs a reminder that it's her mother that holds the true power in her family, not her." With a small sigh, she offers Rasmus an apologetic glance. "Political feuding is all; I'm afraid when the two of us speak, those around us tend to be swept up in our wake. I doubt you care about the details of our dealings, but to put it as simple as possible, she's our Daimyo; the only daughter of the matriarch of the current ruling clan. I suppose the closest equivalent would be 'princess', though it's a little more complicated than that. My clan isn't one they tend to be friendly with. So we're often...at odds."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 pm

"There was definitely some friction on display," Triya said, going for understatement, "If her mother is in town, should we be worried at all? I mean, presumably she's more seasoned than Yandice, but if she did decide to make life difficult, for whatever reason, I'm sure she could."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 pm

"She could." Kyrie gives Triya a slight nod, resting her eyes. "But I doubt she would. Yandice enjoys pushing people around. Lillen's wiser than that. She's still vicious in her own ways, but she wouldn't bother to interfere with us unless she had good reason to. And I can't imagine what she would gain from it. She'd never stoop to serving as vassal of the human kingdoms, doing their bidding, and if she was working with Null, I probably wouldn't even be here."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 pm

Triya nodded, somewhat reassured, "I suppose that leaves the question of what's brought her here," she went on, "This is a pretty out of the way spot to merit a visit."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Rasmus placed the hand which was not holding a rag to Kyrie against his hip.

"Who cares? Don't break the ice just to see what's beneath it. Let's just find someplace to sleep before it starts raining."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm

The group shuffles their way out of the doctor's abode; the game with the elderly Nekana out in the front room reaching a fever pitch as they make their way outside, erupting in a triumphant cry from one of the women as soon as the door shuts behind them. The sun's gone mostly down, bathing the small town in deep twilight, and chilly rain is already falling steadily. A lantern lighter makes his way from building to building, carefully lighting the lanterns outside and then moving on, staying under awnings as much as he can. A few Nekana, mostly younger females, lurk under those same awnings, eyeing the group like choice pieces of juicy meat.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Making a quick run back to their cart to fetch and don her dull brown robes (She'd had quite enough of being a walking meal for weirdos on this side of the continent. That and it was raining) Oleai tried to huddle in the body of the group to draw less attention as they moved up the street.

"I kindof agree with Rasmus.. We should just find a nice low profile place to sleep and then get back on the road before more trouble finds us. I'm.. I'm really not comfortable here. Is everyone staring?" She half whispered half whimpered to the group.

As the group traveled out of the shelter of awnings - Oleai subtlety splayed her fingers upward to create a steady stream of outward-traveling air to push aside the rain. Airbrella!

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Eyeing the Nekana right back, Kyrie keeps pace with the group as best she can manage, regaining her strength quickly now that the poison's been treated. Moving with noble posture, she doesn't stare outright, but if anyone moves on the group she wants to be the first to know. About to reply to Oleai's question, she gives the sky a confused glance at the rain's sudden stop, but seeing what's been done, she smiles a bit to herself.

"They're not used to outsiders. I don't think we have anything to worry about." Despite her words, she shows just a glimpse of one of her knives beneath a sleeve as she walks, hoping to discourage at least those Nekana here trained enough to notice it. If they can keep their trouble restricted just to the local farmers and crafters, that'll be enough for her.

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:54 am

Rasmus eyed the Nekana watching them from beneath the eaves right back, at least for a few seconds. He then seemingly decided that he's better than that, and focused his attention instead on signs and buildings.

"Is that an inn?" he asked, pointing to a sign written in Nekana in front of a tannery.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:48 am

Looking ahead at the sign Rasmus points out, Kyrie shakes her head, but nods towards a building just a bit further down the road. "No, but there's one right there. I imagine the royal family might be staying there; here's hoping they still have some room for us."

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:00 am

As the group walks through the ever quickening rain, they begin to draw attention from some of the Nekana lingering under awnings and other out of the way, dry places. Obviously despite the rain, the Nekana old enough to be free of their matriarchs sway see some reason to linger outside. Some speak in Nekana as the group passes (Cat calling, if you will), others snicker at the fish out of water. Others still are clearly sizing the group up for a pickpocketing...Or a mugging.

Thankfully, one friendly paw waves at them from under an awning. "Kyrie! This way! You'll all be staying with me tonight!"

Triya:
Spoiler:
Triya's current....Situation has afforded her rather increased sensitivity on the ebb and flow of magic in the area. And right now, there's a ridiculous number of elementals just sort of...hanging around. They seem to be aware that she can sense them, as well; occasionally flowing in close to have a closer look at her, before darting off again.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:43 am

Smiling at the knowledge that there's at least one friendly figure in the village, and doing her best to ignore the other villagers trying to stir up trouble with them, Kyrie nods ahead towards Serena to the group and makes her way in that direction.

"You're sure, Serena? Not that I don't appreciate it, but I can't imagine it would do well for your reputation here."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Triya bobbed along in the group's wake, turning to and fro from time to time. At length she spoke up, "There are a lot of elementals out tonight," she observed, "I'm not really sure what that means, but it suggests something odd is going on."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:13 am

"What does that-- ..Oh."

Rasmus glanced around and squinted in a vain attempt to catch a glimpse of the elementals himself.

"Odd like what?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:32 am

Serena makes a dismissive gesture, beginning to lead the group to her home. "The politics of the daimyo no longer concern me. I'm here to finish a contract we held with them; it would be extremely disrespectful of them to give me guff about who I choose to have as my guests."

She looks back at Triya's floating blue hamster ball, and her ears flick momentarily. "Yes, they seem to come out during storms. There must be a sanctuary nearby."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:33 am

Kyrie blinks, stopping in her path for a moment before chuckling. "'The politics of the daimyo no longer concern you'? I wouldn't mind finding a contract like that for myself."

"Mm. So you've been here for a while, then?" She glances around, looking for signs of the elementals, though not expecting to see anything herself unless they wanted her to. "All for the same contract? Anything you can tell me about it?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:09 am

"Consultant." Serena says. "I've been helping to fine tune the 'Palm of Flowing Water' and 'Gusting Wind Dance" styles. They want their next generation to be fluent in a number of styles so that they can be adaptable in a fight...So that they can more easily keep the upper hand if anyone challenges them to kazoku-sensou. Maybe I could give you guys some pointers while you're here."

Visavis

Unread postby Visavis » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:19 am

A mixture of excitement and uncertainty crossed Rasmus' face. Excitement at the prospect of learning some new fighting skills. Uncertainty because he was unsure whether it would be as cool as just using a sword. Coolness was important. There was also the consideration that he may have misunderstood. People from other places were weird and easy to misunderstand, at times.

"You'll teach us martial arts?" he asked hopefully.

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 am

Serena laughs lightly, but it definitely sounds a bit...hoity. "No, it's not possible to teach our art to a non-Nekana. But I can improve whatever style you already know, I'm sure."

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Oleai, who had been quietly sensing the Elementals, stepped forward and spoke in a timid voice, "Y..you could also teach me some things? I want to be more help for my friends." Both hands were worrying over one of her long ears - tugging it downward.

Were they all friends? In her eyes for sure.

While Nekana martial arts .. or most martial arts for that matter.. may be beyond the scope of the quiet Windspeaker - she did have the leg power to take down a small building. Surely something could be done with that.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Kyrie looks to Oleai with a raised brow, a short laugh of surprise before speaking. "You'd take to the basics better than you might think, Oleai. You've got the strength for it, you just need the knowledge." She gives Serena a slight look, ears flat, as she continues. "She might be too...busy with more advanced training to start from scratch, I'd imagine, but I'm feeling well enough to start you off, at least. Hmm, Serena?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 pm

"I can train you with my eyes." Serena says, giving Kyrie a look back, but quickly drops it and leans in on Triya. "I'm not sure what I can do with this little one, though." She says, prodding at the bubble around the shrunken adventurer.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:31 pm

"Well, I'm not planning to be this size forever," Triya said, though granted, she was expecting to actually get smaller before she got bigger. "I could watch and learn, I suppose." That said, she did, rather experimentally, see if she could do a bit of prodding back with all that energy floating about her.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Oleai looks visibly relieved at the idea of Kyrie doing the training first, at least for the basics. This other Nekana seemed too.. grand.

"W.. with your eyes?" Oleai pointed her finger between Kyrie and herself. Who was Serena speaking to, exactly? She tried to put on a chipper face - which had been difficult with all the leering eyes and intimidating atmosphere. "However we can do it! Just canwepleasegetoutofthestreet?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:01 am

"She has a point. And thank you again for your hospitality." Chuckling, she offers a friendly smirk to Serena as she slips past her and inside. "But it's nothing to worry about, Oleai. All it means is she's offering to watch the training and offer advice rather than instructing you personally. Offering some indirect advice and letting me take on the majority of the direct guidance. Still a generous offer for someone with so many duties as it stands, Serena."

Stepping away from the door, she takes in Serena's decor, admittedly relieved to be off the street and somewhere where she can let her guard slip; she's more exhausted than she ought to be, to her annoyance, still suffering some aftereffects of her healing. "Where do you lead your training, by the way? You wouldn't have a room here, would you?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Serena stops by the door of one of the larger buildings...Just in time for the recently poked Triya to float up and 'poke' her back with an audible crackle in the air. There's a slight scent of burning fur in the air as Serena gives the tiny woman a nasty look.

As Serena opens her door, Kyrie takes the lead out of the ever intensifying rain and inside. From the outside, it's a simple if larger two story affair, but inside is a different story. The entire first floor is a training floor and dojo, with weapon racks along the walls with various training swords and spears, as well as many other more exotic Nekana armaments. The walls are decorated with old scrolls, manuals for Nekana fighting styles and written in the Old Tongue. In the back is a small room next to stairs leading to the second story, a small rope cordoning the upper floor off.

Serena shakes herself off quickly, before going about the ceremony to light the lanterns around the room. As she finishes, she calls upstairs in casual Nekana, with a deeper, masculine voice giving a simple reply from above.

"Welcome to my home." She says, gesturing around. "My mate shall prepare your supper, and I shall do what I do best in the meantime."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:43 pm

After giving Serena a short, respectful bow, Kyrie returns to taking in the surroundings; she knew Serena was doing well for herself, but not this well. Though her expression doesn't change, she can't help but be taken in by the obvious success that she's made for herself. And a relationship at that?

"'Mate'? Anyone I would know, Serena? Congratulations are in order either way, of course. For how long?"

While exchanging social niceties, she paces around the edges of the dojo, approving glances this way and that. Once she's taken in the breadth, she looks next to Oleai.

"When were you hoping to start, then?"

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:47 pm

"His name is Jet." Serena says. "From the Skulking Claw clan. He's very shy even for a man, so I wouldn't think you'd know him.

Oleai
Oh, Hi!

Unread postby Oleai » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:44 pm

Oleai followed in second, ducking her ears as she stepped through the doorway. An expression of wonder painting her features as she looked over the Dojo. "Oh, wow! I've never seen a place like this before!" The entire atmosphere of a Nekana Dojo was foreign to the relatively-sheltered Plainsrunner. She carefully shrugged off her overcoat - folding it neatly and tying it to hang off her hip mirroring the tambourine. Finally free of the drapery she took a few strides into the center of the ring, spinning and marveling at all the pretty candles and scrolls.

Her tall ears perked at Kyrie's voice, "Huh? Oh.. uhm, whenever! I'm just glad to be inside~" This building seemed more.. natural, compared to the gritty kitty city.

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs