Dark Heresy -- (Incoming) Purge the Xenos -- Zuriel Titus

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
InquisitorChris

Re: Dark Heresy -- (Incoming) Purge the Xenos -- Zuriel Titu

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

To speed things up, I can just move ahead to your arrival on the planet if you have no objection. At the same time I'll abstract whatever you might want to do to prepare while on ship (do research, look for gear, listen to rumors or whatever). What say ye?

Spoiler for Akinya and Sebaztion:

Spoiler:
The name "Elias Marthor" that Zuriel mentioned should mean something to you -- I'm not sure if you got the long background post that I sent.

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:59 pm

That is fine with me. I would like to try and find some charge packs for my lasgun though.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Dannygee wrote:That is fine with me. I would like to try and find some charge packs for my lasgun though.

Sure. Do the other characters want to look for/ask about for anything? If not I'll zoom ahead.

ferzberk

Unread postby ferzberk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:32 pm

[ooc; presuming we're carrying on, and presuming abstrating this is ok, I'd like Sebaztien to see if he can't scrounge up for purchase any of the gear I had emailed you on my first attempt before being corrected for the lower starting cash; any of that he can find and afford, please have him purchase. Speaking for both of us here, we're good to arrive planetside; and yes, the name resonates.]

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 am

OK. I'll move things on later today. If Akunya wants to hunt around for anything I'll make her rolls retroactively unless I hear from her player between now and then.

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 pm

(ooc: In the interest of remaining remotely realistic I am going to refrain from looting our mode of transportation. The dear Captain still controls the airlock after all, and lets face it, accidents happen. There are only a few things I wish to purchase for my character at this level and frankly I can't afford any of them yet.)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm

(FINALLY!)

Since I can't access the die roller site since my computer is freaking out and I don't have any physical dice and since these items are not hugely uncommon, I am going to assume that everybody finds what they are looking for. I will however make an Inquiry test for Zuriel's gossip-seeking once the dice roller starts working again since his fellowship is kind of on the low side and the chances are significantly lower. One thing I would like to know is if Sebaztion really wants to but that much ammunition and spend that much money, since this will result in him being broke when he is on the planet's surface. And you don't have lodgings or such set up.

After about a week of transit, the ship finally arrives at Famine and you descend via shuttle to the planet's one spaceport outside the capital city of Harvest. It's a bumpy ride but everyone manages to avoid the physical discomfort often associated with these things. Outside the crew you are the only people on the shuttle.

With a loud rumble the shuttle lands. The bay doors open and you see the spaceport. It's meager by the standards of major or even middling Imperial worlds. The doors open into a large open area (the landing platform), beyond which stands the main building of the spaceport. It's early afternoon. The sky is overcast and the air is cool; it's an early "autumn" day.

A note about walking around Harvest. It's been made clear to see while on the Folly's Reward that the place is fairly lawless but not at the level of Scintilla, say. Standard pistols and standard close combat weapons can be carried. Rifles are illegal. Of course you're in the Inquisition and don't technically have to obey these laws, but the local people don't know that and, in addition, broadcasting it would likely draw unwanted attention. Second, people don't normally walk around wearing heavy armor, though Zuriel can get away with wearing his Flak Armor under his clothes if he wears something bulky (minus the helmet, boots, and gloves) and the Flak Vests can be worn concealed under suitable attire (like an Administratum robe).

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:19 pm

First thing Zuriel would do is try and conseal his bigger guns(shotgun + lasgun) in some kind of cloth/clothing that he is not using at the time, so then these big guns are not out in the open for public eyes. Sword, knife, and laspistol would be visable. As landing on this planet, Zuriel would try and find the nearest authority for the purpose of asking them questions about any outsiders that have crossed by lately.

"I think its clear that we need better direction to our objective. How about we find someone that could help us point the way. What do you two think?"

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Tucking her hands safely within the confines of her robes Akinya followed Zuriel out into the crisp air of the landing platform, the nearby wash of engines making the hem of her garment snap about her legs. Her meager possessions, those she had deemed useful enough to accompany her, were secreted about her person - giving an interesting bulge here and there which she was confident that any curious bystander would attribute to her calling. Tech-priests by nature hid all manner of unique and at times alarming mechandrites, implants, and other mechanical oddities beneath their robes. Most of the population had learned by example not to look too closely.

Stepping off the steaming shuttle Akinya walked over to stand beside the much taller guardsman. "Yes. I would advise asking the local adepts here. They will have records of all recent disembarkation, the ships the shuttles departed from and other like details. Once we find out when they arrived on planet we can widen our search to local hostels and compare the check in of parties matching the size and description of your confederates. I would hesitate to seek Adeptus involvement at this time as we are unsure how secure the Acolytes position is."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 am

(Any move from Sebaztion?)

Now that I have finally gotten a dice roller to work, I will roll for Juriel's Inquiry test as he went around the ship hunting up rumors. His Fellowship is 23 and he doesn't have Inquiry, so his basic chance is 12 + 30 (it's a Very Easy test) = 42. The roll is 48, so unfortunately Juriel found the other passengers, not to mention the crew, a tight-lipped bunch offput by his Volgish manners.

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 pm

(Sebaztion is buried neck deep in paper work right now so we'll assume he's following along at his own pace. If something pressing needs his input I'll pester him.)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Alright. I've described the scene. What do you do?

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:06 am

(As no one else seems to want to contribute anything...)

With a shake of her head, the only sign of exasperation she would allow herself to show, Akinya pulled her robes tighter around her slender frame and headed for the Administratum building.

(Doing what I recommended to Zuriel' trying to gain access to past landings records)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:09 am

Akinya Zuri wrote:
With a shake of her head, the only sign of exasperation she would allow herself to show, Akinya pulled her robes tighter around her slender frame and headed for the Administratum building.

(Doing what I recommended to Zuriel' trying to gain access to past landings records)

(Assuming everyone follows you.)

You're currently in the spaceport, some distance from the city. As you head toward the main building on the other side of the landing field, a group of about five men dressed in black enforcers uniforms, pistols and truncheons at their side, walk toward you.

"Halt offworlders!" one of them, a tall overweight man with greasy locks ringing a pronounced bald spot, says. "We need to ask you about your business here."

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

(you think we can take them? lol)

(5 vs 3, well Zuriel plugs the numbers in his head....yep...we're outnumbered...)(I want to say that we are part of the inqusition, but wondering if that would attract too much attention...)

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 am

(Neither approaches are very... tactful. Or likely to help our predicament.... so lie. Lie like your life depends on it! Figures that the charismatic member of our party is currently MIA. I'll nag him when he gets home to post something, if nothing else we could use his Fel score right now.)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Akinya Zuri wrote:(Neither approaches are very... tactful. Or likely to help our predicament.... so lie. Lie like your life depends on it! Figures that the charismatic member of our party is currently MIA. I'll nag him when he gets home to post something, if nothing else we could use his Fel score right now.)

I know things seem to have slowed to a halt, but I am going to make a concerted effort to get them moving again. As soon as Sebaztion makes a post I'll carry this on.

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:04 pm

(Chris see OOC)

Holding up a circuitry laden hand to forestall the pair of men trailing her Akinya narrowly eyed the group of personnel approaching them with all the casual disdain a member of the Mechanicus held for those who impeded their progress, in any endeavor. For a woman who's face was mostly metal the expression did not translate well beyond mild annoyance but carried enough weight to convey her displeasure.

Taking a single step forward she intertwined her fingers in the manifest shape of the cogwheel, overlaying the one worked into her blatantly red robes;

"Greetings servants of the Imperium." She began, her tone as soft and monotonous as it usually was but managing to filter in a certain amount of force through the ornate grille covering her mouth. "My business, and that of my... associates, lies with the Shrine of the Machine God in Harvest. My presence has been requested by your Magos. Should you require more information regarding my purpose you will need to submit proper authorization and notice of inquiry to him."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Akinya Zuri wrote:
Holding up a circuitry laden hand to forestall the pair of men trailing her Akinya narrowly eyed the group of personnel approaching them with all the casual disdain a member of the Mechanicus held for those who impeded their progress, in any endeavor. For a woman who's face was mostly metal the expression did not translate well beyond mild annoyance but carried enough weight to convey her displeasure.

Taking a single step forward she intertwined her fingers in the manifest shape of the cogwheel, overlaying the one worked into her blatantly red robes;

"Greetings servants of the Imperium." She began, her tone as soft and monotonous as it usually was but managing to filter in a certain amount of force through the ornate grille covering her mouth. "My business, and that of my... associates, lies with the Shrine of the Machine God in Harvest. My presence has been requested by your Magos. Should you require more information regarding my purpose you will need to submit proper authorization and notice of inquiry to him."

The fat enforcer, who appears to be in charge, says in an odd lilting accent, "Just a few questions priestess. There've been two ships coming through here in the past month, totally unexpected like. That's more than in the past year. That's real odd. Real odd."

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 pm

Zuriel stands next to Akinya crossing his arms, stairing at the group of men with slight aggression as if he grows impatient with them.

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 am

"And you presume that since I am an offworlder I automatically know about the shipping schedules of these craft?" Akinya retorted sardonically with a minute tilt to her brow. "Enforcer, unless either of these ships carried the markings of the Mechanicus I can assure you I know nothing of them, and care even less. I am not a member of the Adeptus Administratum, or even the Astronomica and the regulation of these things lies outside my purview." She heaved a sigh, playacting for the benefit of the mostly unmodified humans around her, and looked at the overweight individual with the best imitation of beleaguered expression as she could contrive. "However, since I doubt that will satisfy you, I can look at the records of these landings that your scribes have surely kept and see if I can glean any understanding from them."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Akinya Zuri wrote:"And you presume that since I am an offworlder I automatically know about the shipping schedules of these craft?" Akinya retorted sardonically with a minute tilt to her brow. "Enforcer, unless either of these ships carried the markings of the Mechanicus I can assure you I know nothing of them, and care even less. I am not a member of the Adeptus Administratum, or even the Astronomica and the regulation of these things lies outside my purview." She heaved a sigh, playacting for the benefit of the mostly unmodified humans around her, and looked at the overweight individual with the best imitation of beleaguered expression as she could contrive. "However, since I doubt that will satisfy you, I can look at the records of these landings that your scribes have surely kept and see if I can glean any understanding from them."

The man raises an eyebrow. "That is a good idea," he says. "Please come with us."

(I'll be making any Deceive, Charm, etc. checks in secret here.)

They lead you across the landing field toward the main building. As you walk, he speaks, the rest of the men circling around you.

"You see, strange things have been happening. About three weeks ago, we had a ship come in that dropped off four people. They claimed that they were pilgrims. This mean anything to any of you?"

Spoiler for Zuriel:

Spoiler:
You don't have Scrutiny, but you made the check vs. his Deceive anyway. You get the feeling this man is probing you for information with some kind of ulterior motive.

Spoiler for Sebaztion:

Spoiler:
You don't have Scrutiny, but you made the check vs. his Deceive anyway. You get the feeling this man is probing you for information with some kind of ulterior motive.

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:28 pm

(OOC: Out of curiosity, and forgive me if you already told me this, but roughly what year is it?)

"Should it?" Akinya replied with a sigh of exasperation and folded her hands inside her robes, falling in step easily with the portly enforcer. "I fail to see how the travel plans of the religiously devout concern me."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Akinya Zuri wrote:(OOC: Out of curiosity, and forgive me if you already told me this, but roughly what year is it?)

"Should it?" Akinya replied with a sigh of exasperation and folded her hands inside her robes, falling in step easily with the portly enforcer. "I fail to see how the travel plans of the religiously devout concern me."

(To be honest, I don't recollect what the default date is for the DH timeline, but it is that. What corresponds to early fall on this planet.)

"I don't know, your holiness," the man says, his eyes shifting around. "It's just that... we don't get a lot, that is hardly any, ships out here. Then two in just a month. And unscheduled too. Thought there might be a connection."

He leads you into the main building, through a door into a small room with no windows. A table sits in the middle with four chairs around it. Oppiste the interest are another door and a set of file cabinets.

The men file in and the door shuts. The head enforcer pulls his flabby body over to the cabinet and pulls out a folder.

"Well what we have here is two men and a couple of women come through here two years ago. One's a witch." He spits to one side. "Pilgrims with a witch."

"That's nothing to do with you, right?"

Akinya Zuri

Unread postby Akinya Zuri » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:07 pm

(...I don't remember when that is. Basically I just need to know if the 13th Black Crusade has been launched yet or not.)

Akinya's sharp green eyes flickered briefly, and uneasily, around the room into which she and her companions (you guys are still here - feel free to jump in at any time!) had been led. An interrogation room, clearly, she thought to herself her mood slipping further. At least there were no visible bloodstains on the floor, at least that she had yet noticed.

"The Priesthood of Mars typically declines contact with the spawn of the Black Ships." She said scathingly, the words hissing through the grille and her robes ruffling with indignation, very avian like. She did not like the direction this conversation was heading.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Akinya Zuri wrote:(...I don't remember when that is. Basically I just need to know if the 13th Black Crusade has been launched yet or not.)

Akinya's sharp green eyes flickered briefly, and uneasily, around the room into which she and her companions (you guys are still here - feel free to jump in at any time!) had been led. An interrogation room, clearly, she thought to herself her mood slipping further. At least there were no visible bloodstains on the floor, at least that she had yet noticed.

"The Priesthood of Mars typically declines contact with the spawn of the Black Ships." She said scathingly, the words hissing through the grille and her robes ruffling with indignation, very avian like. She did not like the direction this conversation was heading.

(DH timeline is a couple of centuries before TT "now." So no Necrons, no BC yet. I think.)

(I'm going to give the other people, esp. Sebaztion who is your people guy, a chance to do something before I go on.)

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

(sorry my alerts stopped working for this site appearently and didnt know ppl were posting ><)

Zuriel grows annoyed with the treatment here.

"I am getting the hit that you dont like this past group that went by, sir"
"What gives you the impression that a group like us might be with them anyway? They were here before us.....way before us. Its not like we were on the same ship or anything."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Dannygee wrote:(sorry my alerts stopped working for this site appearently and didnt know ppl were posting ><)

Zuriel grows annoyed with the treatment here.

"I am getting the hit that you dont like this past group that went by, sir"
"What gives you the impression that a group like us might be with them anyway? They were here before us.....way before us. Its not like we were on the same ship or anything."

"Excuse me sir," the man says rather deferentially. "You must admit, two groups of offworlders in just a few weeks is unusual. That hasn't happened in my entire life."

"And things are tense here in Harvest since the cathedral closed. That and Cheelah Day coming up."

(Anything from Sebaztion? I know his player is busy with grad school...)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Are you guys still there?

Dannygee

Unread postby Dannygee » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:48 pm

im here still waiting...

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Sebaztion's player has dropped out since he's busy with grad school. I'm waiting to get permission to either disappear Sebaztion or turn him into an NPC.

Previous

Return to Other RPs