Dark Heresy -- Purge the Xenos

For all RPs taking place in other settings.
InquisitorChris

Re: Dark Heresy -- Purge the Xenos

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 pm

Jak Snide wrote:Jim continued to yell into the comm-bead, stabbing at the air with a finger as if whoever he was speaking to was right in front of him.

"Listen up you dumb son of a bitch, we met with her this damn morning! Don't pull this intelligencer obfuscation bullshit with me! We're stuck below the cathedral and are up to our necks in murderous cherubs! You quit jerking me around or by the Emp'ror I'm gonna put my boot so far your ass that you'll be tasting the shit I trod in on the way over here!"

Spoiler for Jim and Leveticus (whose player I hope shows up soon):
Spoiler:
<<ooc>>I made a secret Intimidation Test for Jim.<<ooc>>

The man sounds really angry. "Cremalla was killed in *crackle* destruction of *crackle* of the feast *crackle* 5 years ago *crackle* order of *crackle* Ordos. Servants *crackle* blessed Emperor killed. When I *crackle* who you are *crackle* execute you personally, you heretic bastard."

He hangs up.

His voice is replaced by the sound of something eating noisily. "chomp!" "slurp!" "chew!" There aren't any crackles this time. It's loud and clear, sounds really close.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Without even flinching Chani began the process of slowly tracing notes across a part of her stomach that was beginning to bruise up from the beating of the cherubs. It bled a little, but the woman seemed barely to notice as the nail dug into the skin, pressing ink into the wound and looking up at Kara.

"I... will be... fine." her words came out with a hint of strain in them, "for now at least... Let us leave these catacombs... look at the cherubs, these unholy powers warp them even in death..." she made the one-handed sign of the Aquila as she resumed her work.

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm

<<ooc>> I am not sure what that is supposed to mean exactly. <<ooc>>

OOC: 'Diogenes' would be a code name for Leveticus. 'Lantern Base' would refer to Cremella. The former refers to the legend of the man seeking a honest man in the night. The latter refers to a conversation held with our liason when we met. I'm assuming my attempt at battle cant has failed miserably.

The man sounds really angry. "Cremalla was killed in *crackle* destruction of *crackle* of the feast *crackle* 5 years ago *crackle* order of *crackle* Ordos. Servants *crackle* blessed Emperor killed. When I *crackle* who you are *crackle* execute you personally, you heretic bastard."

He hangs up.

Leveticus will bite back a particularly vile curse, and then say, "Looks like we won't be getting any help from that quarter."

His voice is replaced by the sound of something eating noisily. "chomp!" "slurp!" "chew!" There aren't any crackles this time. It's loud and clear, sounds really close.

Leveticus will say, "Heads up, people. We've got more company coming."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

POST REMOVED. Ignore this post and Leviticus' above. Replace it with the one 2 below.
Last edited by InquisitorChris on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

<ooc>> My spoilers have been ruined now, so I will assume that either Jim or Leveticus have reported the man's words and following events to the others. Please do not not not quote text in a spoiler when responding to a message.

The eating sounds were on the microbead, replacing the man's voice after he hung up. They're not actually nearby.

OOC: My fault, I thought you meant the munching was right around the corner where we were, not at the source of transmittion. His last response would not have been said. Leveticus would tell the others of the content of what was said, because it effects all of them directly. It wouldn't have been verbatim. For some reason I was also under the impression the others could hear the incoming response as well. My apologies.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm

gsteelwraith wrote:
OOC: My fault, I thought you meant the munching was right around the corner where we were, not at the source of transmittion. His last response would not have been said. Leveticus would tell the others of the content of what was said, because it effects all of them directly. It wouldn't have been verbatim. For some reason I was also under the impression the others could hear the incoming response as well. My apologies.

<<ooc>> No problem. The spoilers were for you and Jim -- nobody else was listening. I wish I could edit other people's posts. ;)<<ooc>>

Leveticus clicks off the bead and says "this man said that our liaison died five years ago in the destruction of this cathedral."

"Then we heard something feeding."

<<ooc>> There that should do it. Damage repaired! <<ooc>>

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 am

InquisitorChris wrote:
Leveticus clicks off the bead and says "this man said that our liaison died five years ago in the destruction of this cathedral."

"Then we heard something feeding."

Kara looks up at Leveticus; "Five years ago? Destruction of the cathedral? We may have undergone a Warp event, Emperor preserve us."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 pm

OK. So what do you guys do?

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Kara looks up at Leveticus; "Five years ago? Destruction of the cathedral? We may have undergone a Warp event, Emperor preserve us."

"In the absence of additional information,"Leveticus will say quietly, "it would be unwise to make any sort of speculation. We should try to get up to the surface, and ascertain what is going on. If we've undergone a Warp event, the mission we were sent on may not be as important as it was. Right now, we need to remain calm and assume nothing."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm

BTW, Jim and Leveticus are standing a few feet from a big, gore-dripping metal monstrosity from which they both failed (thankfully Noncombat) Fear Tests to the point where they both got insanity points and from the effects of which they are still suffering.

Getting out of the immediate area is probably the first thing on their minds. :)

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 am

Jim had taken to cursing into his comm-bead, the lack of someone listening on the other end not mattering a whit to him right now. Leveticus blindly accepting the blatantly absurd only served to redirect his irritation.

"That's standard intelligencer bullshit. Always lying about god-damned everything and muttering about clearance. You think we'd have noticed if five damn years passed, warp or not!"

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:39 am

Jak Snide wrote:Jim had taken to cursing into his comm-bead, the lack of someone listening on the other end not mattering a whit to him right now. Leveticus blindly accepting the blatantly absurd only served to redirect his irritation.

"That's standard intelligencer bullshit. Always lying about god-damned everything and muttering about clearance. You think we'd have noticed if five damn years passed, warp or not!"

Spoiler for Jim (your com-bead is still on):

Spoiler:
You hear "chomp," "chomp" from the other end. Very slobberingly and noisily.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Jim tore the comm-bead out of his ear, resisting the urge to hurl it away in frustration. Now that he wasn't under immediate threat he was trying to process everything that just happened to him, casting the occasional fearful glance back towards the seemingly inert servitor.

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Kara seemed to be distracted for a second before walking over to where the stone knife lay discarded. As she walked she peered carefully at the carvings on the walls trying to determine the subject.

Once at the knife she kneeled down and reached her hand out to almost touch the object as her senses extended down and into the fell blade.

"Leveticus, I think that we have a duty to determine what lies ahead of us. I think that the source is with these items or associated with them. We are acolytes of the Emperor and should do our duty. I can heal Chani somewhat although there is some risk."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm

helvorn wrote:Kara seemed to be distracted for a second before walking over to where the stone knife lay discarded. As she walked she peered carefully at the carvings on the walls trying to determine the subject.

Once at the knife she kneeled down and reached her hand out to almost touch the object as her senses extended down and into the fell blade.

"Leveticus, I think that we have a duty to determine what lies ahead of us. I think that the source is with these items or associated with them. We are acolytes of the Emperor and should do our duty. I can heal Chani somewhat although there is some risk."

(By "her senses extended down and into the fell blade" you mean you're making a Psyniscience Test?)

The walls are covered with carvings, so you can't really avoid seeing some of them unless you close your eyes or stare fixedly, robot-like, straight ahead. So I'll tell everybody some common themes. These are all done in a primitive, stylized fashion (think Aztec art).

There are many scenes involving farming.

There are many scenes involving the sun. It is depicted as malevolent, sending down stabbing rays that strike through people's and animals' hearts and kill them. Impaled on the rays, they writhe in agony.

Starvation is a common theme. Spindly figures with huge heads and bellies lie prostrate on the ground or kneeling, as if praying (or maybe just collapsing). In some of these scenes, a small figure with eight limbs can be seen, off in the corner, poking out of a hole in the ground, or looking down from a tree.

In what looks like tunnels underneath the ground, people walk about, shielded from the sun. They gather in a room around a table, laden with food. Children dance around them.

Snakes, or perhaps worms, or something like them, are a common motif. Frequently they compose borders surrounding other scenes.

Many scenes of what looks like human sacrifice. People are pushed in pits, stabbed through the heart, decapitated. Their bodies are thrown in pits. Eight-limbed figures cavort about like little elves.

What looks like a crude cross-section of a slice of the surface (seen from the side). Above is the sun, casting malevolent rays. Beneath it lies a dessicated field of crops surrounded by wailing people. Beneath them, underground, people walk unhurt by the sun, shown engaging in various day-to-day activities -- cavorting with their families, playing with children, working, throwing people in pits. Sometimes, they are shown lowering buckets or baskets into the pits. Those eight-limbed figures show up here as well -- always peeking in from a corner or from a hole in the floor or ceiling. At the bottom of the pits, those stylized snakes or worms again. Beneath them, crossed hands extend upward, as if offering something (they rather resemble the symbol of St. Altheria you have seen worn by Arbitrator Cremalla).

A human figure lies stretched out on a table. People (including children) surround it, holding knives and plates.

The carvings don't look as faded as they used to. Speckles of paint can be seen still on some of them -- little points of red, yellow, black. They seem to writhe around a bit as you look at them, but that might just be the effect of the rays of Leveticus' glow lamp moving around.
Last edited by InquisitorChris on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 pm

That's standard intelligencer bullshit. Always lying about god-damned everything and muttering about clearance. You think we'd have noticed if five damn years passed, warp or not!"

Leveticus will point out, "I've never experienced a Warp Event, at least not to my knowledge I haven't, so I cannot say with any degree of certainty if we would notice a temporal shift or not. I would point out the differences in the decor which have appeared while we've been down here."

"I will agree we have that duty, however it is certain tactical issues that are my immediate concern. What's going on upstairs may have a bearing on our mission, and I doubt what's down here is likely to be going anywhere in the immediate future. If possible, we should try get Chani healed up without incurring further risk to yourself; we may have need of abilities later. I'd also like to Ambrose out of here, and, quite honestly, I'd like to get away from this Emperor-cursed servitor before it decides to do something."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Chani shook her head slowly, wrapping cloth around the newly tattood melody and getting up on shaking feet.

"No, no I can still move on..." she looked pale, possibly from the loss of blood, but her eyes bore into Kara and Leveticus. "What good will I be above the surface? And what if the threat is up there as well? I say we burn these foul objects, if they are the ones who are causing this..."

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 pm

InquisitorChris wrote:
(By "her senses extended down and into the fell blade" you mean you're making a Psyniscience Test?)

<ooc> I should have been clearer with my poetic license... She will try a psyniscience test on the blade and what is going on around them in general </ooc>

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm

helvorn wrote:
InquisitorChris wrote:

<ooc> I should have been clearer with my poetic license... She will try a psyniscience test on the blade and what is going on around them in general </ooc>

Spoiler for Kara:

Spoiler:
You rolled 34 on the Psyniscience Test, which is a success of course with your Perception of 37 with no additional degrees of success and so you detect disturbances within 1d10 + PB (3) = 9 + 3 = 12 meters. You detect the warp being disturbed around you (big surprise), but can't pinpoint the source or direction.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Anyway, it is the job of the Prime -- trained as a leader in no less than the famed Great Chantries of Tartus -- to make a final decision on what course of action to take (taking the wise councils of the other Acolytes into account of course). So what do you say, Leveticus?

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Taking care not to touch it, Kara wraps the blade in a handkerchief and puts it in her pouch.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

helvorn wrote:Taking care not to touch it, Kara wraps the blade in a handkerchief and puts it in her pouch.

It's too big for that -- it's a big stone cleaver about 40 cm long. About as big as the cherub that was wielding it.

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:05 pm

InquisitorChris wrote:
helvorn wrote:Taking care not to touch it, Kara wraps the blade in a handkerchief and puts it in her pouch.

It's too big for that -- it's a big stone cleaver about 40 cm long. About as big as the cherub that was wielding it.

<ooc> can she wrap it and just carry it? </ooc>

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:21 pm

helvorn wrote:
InquisitorChris wrote:

<ooc> can she wrap it and just carry it? </ooc>

Sure. Wrap it up in what? Rip a piece of cloth off her clothing? It's already blood-soaked, might as well ruin it. :)

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:31 pm

InquisitorChris wrote:Sure. Wrap it up in what? Rip a piece of cloth off her clothing? It's already blood-soaked, might as well ruin it. :)

<ooc> Slice off part of her shirt with her knife. If she ends up baring a little flesh then so be it. Besides, she still has her light flak vest. </ooc>

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm

helvorn wrote:
<ooc> Slice off part of her shirt with her knife. If she ends up baring a little flesh then so be it. Besides, she still has her light flak vest. </ooc>

To wrap a 40-cm blade that's going to be a lot of shirt. She's now basically in her flak vest (ooh baby). (There's no such thing as a light flak vest, just a flak vest.)

Kara starts wrapping it up, and the blade cuts right through the cloth. Despite being by all appearances crudely fashioned and made from black stone who knows how long ago, and despite being, as Leveticus said, a piece of cutlery rather than a weapon, it is wickedly sharp (it has the Mono quality).

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 pm

InquisitorChris wrote:
To wrap a 40-cm blade that's going to be a lot of shirt. She's now basically in her flak vest (ooh baby). (There's no such thing as a light flak vest, just a flak vest.)

Kara starts wrapping it up, and the blade cuts right through the cloth. Despite being by all appearances crudely fashioned and made from black stone who knows how long ago, and despite being, as Leveticus said, a piece of cutlery rather than a weapon, it is wickedly sharp (it has the Mono quality).

<ooc> Not quite the hot babe in the chainmail bikini look but getting there :) She's just not ready to touch the thing until a better circumstance presents itself

Since the damn thing is so sharp she'll just wrap the hilt and then hold it.

</ooc>

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Chani shook her head slowly, wrapping cloth around the newly tattood melody and getting up on shaking feet.

"No, no I can still move on..." she looked pale, possibly from the loss of blood, but her eyes bore into Kara and Leveticus. "What good will I be above the surface? And what if the threat is up there as well? I say we burn these foul objects, if they are the ones who are causing this..."

Leveticus didn't like how pale Chani was looking, and while logic suggested the best course would be to huddle up, recover, and assess what had just happened, he realized the worst thing he could do was second-guess the capabilities of his team, especially at what could be a critical moment. They needed to know he had confidence in them and their judgement. He drew a deep breath, let it out slowly and say, " All right, if you're certain you can continue, we might as well press on and complete the recon, then. We'll just have to drag Ambrose along for the ride."

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Kara nodded to Leveticus. "Then I should heal Chani. She is a capable warrior but is far to close to death's door for my sake." She pulls out a worn silver coin hanging on a simple leather cord around her neck; "Stand back all of the rest of you. The barrier between reality and the Immaterium is so weak here that there may be some side effects of my workings. She smiles briefly; "Nothing too disturbing but it is best to be safe."

She holds the coin in both hands and prays to the Emperor. [Invocation test]

Once her concentration is done she steps over to Chani. "Have faith in the Emperor for he guides my hands." She reaches deep within herself to draw power from across the Barrier. Her focus is on avoiding the attention of the denizens of that Realm yet pulling enough of the power that is present to mend flesh. She has a brief glimpse of another world of swirling colors and shifting forms. Each time she took the plunge the Warp appeared differently yet still the same. Around her the light of her own psychic power shone out in a pale yellow light tinged with the flickers of green, brown and red emotions. Kara drew back the light of her aura well aware that there were creatures and Powers lurking in the maelstrom that would sup on her soul or worse. Still, every one of her senses was magnified and she felt a giddy sense of power that tempted her to stay and fill her soul to full and more with the giddy power of the Warp. Ignoring the whispered temptations with the discipline of her sanctioning and hard experience she drew back to the present. Then placing her hands on Chani's shoulders she works her Power [Healer].

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:02 pm

helvorn wrote:Kara nodded to Leveticus. "Then I should heal Chani. She is a capable warrior but is far to close to death's door for my sake." She pulls out a worn silver coin hanging on a simple leather cord around her neck; "Stand back all of the rest of you. The barrier between reality and the Immaterium is so weak here that there may be some side effects of my workings. She smiles briefly; "Nothing too disturbing but it is best to be safe."

She holds the coin in both hands and prays to the Emperor. [Invocation test]

I'll be doing psychic power tests in spoilers, since they're mysterious and stuff, plus for other reasons I will not mention.

Spoiler for Kara:

Spoiler:
You have Invocation and a Willpower of 40. The roll is 33, so you succeed, concentrating your full ability into the task at hand.

helvorn wrote:
Once her concentration is done she steps over to Chani. "Have faith in the Emperor for he guides my hands." She reaches deep within herself to draw power from across the Barrier. Her focus is on avoiding the attention of the denizens of that Realm yet pulling enough of the power that is present to mend flesh. She has a brief glimpse of another world of swirling colors and shifting forms. Each time she took the plunge the Warp appeared differently yet still the same. Around her the light of her own psychic power shone out in a pale yellow light tinged with the flickers of green, brown and red emotions. Kara drew back the light of her aura well aware that there were creatures and Powers lurking in the maelstrom that would sup on her soul or worse. Still, every one of her senses was magnified and she felt a giddy sense of power that tempted her to stay and fill her soul to full and more with the giddy power of the Warp. Ignoring the whispered temptations with the discipline of her sanctioning and hard experience she drew back to the present. Then placing her hands on Chani's shoulders she works her Power [Healer].

You don't have to actually touch her -- Healer is a ranged power.

Spoiler for Kara:

Spoiler:
Healer has a Threshold of 7. You add your Willpower bonus of 4, then your Willpower bonus of 4 again because of the successful Invocation, then another 2 because of the Weaken Veil effect for a grand total of +10. Too bad you don't get Overbleed with Healer. This is an automatic success, but anyway the roll is... 7 + 10 = 17. You manifest the power with ease.

Chani feels a jolt emanating from Kara's hands and then a sudden burst of agony as the gash on her head forcibly knits back together (being healed by the Warp is painful). She gets back 1d5 = 5 Wounds and now has 6. Stll Heavily Wounded but in much better shape.

The gash on Chani's head has vanished almost without a trace, leaving only a thin scar. The pain from the injury has vanished entirely.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Spoiler for Chani:

Spoiler:
You made an Awareness roll. Despite the heavy distraction caused by being healed by psychic means, you swear you can feel the ground vibrating under your feet, a rumbling, akin to the feeling you might get while standing over a subway tube not too far under the ground as the train moves down below. You can see the bodies of the cherubim vibrate minutely under the influence (Abstinence and all of you are far too heavy to be affected.) It lasts for a moment, growing in intensity, and then diminishes -- as if the train or whatever it was had moved past.

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

InquisitorChris wrote:You don't have to actually touch her -- Healer is a ranged power.
Chani feels a jolt emanating from Kara's hands and then a sudden burst of agony as the gash on her head forcibly knits back together (being healed by the Warp is painful). She gets back 1d5 = 5 Wounds and now has 6. Stll Heavily Wounded but in much better shape.

The gash on Chani's head has vanished almost without a trace, leaving only a thin scar. The pain from the injury has vanished entirely.

<ooc> It was far more dramatic to do the healing as a 'laying on of hands' :) </ooc>

Kara closes her eyes and her face screws up into a rictus of pleasure as the power flows through. She shudders and bucks slightly as she maintains a firm grip on the flow of the Warp energy to knit flesh and skin. As the healing ends she steps back with a gasp and stands, flushed and panting as if she had just run a race.

She looks to Chani; "How do you feel? The Warp healing can be harsh but effective."

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:38 am

Chani's eyes had widened as the witch stepped forward to employ her warp-tainted witchcraft on her, but Leveticus had not objected, and Chani knew that those gifted with the power of the Mind were... tested. She did not know the details, but Kara seemed faithful enough in the power of The Great Composer, so with closed eyes, she accepted the spell.

she hadn't thought it would hurt, however. Clenching her teeth so hard they almost cracked, it took every bit of effort not to scream out. Despite having been wounded again and again, in training, in war, this was a pain unlike any of that which she had undergone. When it was finally over, she shook her head once, then twice, opening her eyes groggily.

"The... floor... it was shaking. As if something moved underneath us..." she was still pale, but getting slightly more color to her cheek, "...this place reeks of the Immaterium..."

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 pm

ChristianC wrote:
"The... floor... it was shaking. As if something moved underneath us..." she was still pale, but getting slightly more color to her cheek, "...this place reeks of the Immaterium..."

<ooc> No jokes about the earth moving... </ooc>

Kara extends a hand to help Chani to her feet; "The Veil is thin here. We'd best move on quickly before more evil can creep in past the barriers of reality."

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 am

<<ooc>> Barring any statements otherwise, I will assume you are heading cautiously down into the catacombs in the direction Ambrose was leading you, yes? I need confirmation from the Prime on this.

Also, I need to know who if anybody is carring Ambrose. <<ooc>>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:19 am

Jim had little choice but to join in with Leveticus' acceptance of their situation, as difficult as that was. He told himself that he'd worry about exactly what had happened later. Then his attention was drawn to the walls and the images there. They spelled things in very certain terms, falling in line with his own thoughts about the cult of Altheria. He spent the time it took the wytch to handle the dagger deciding that the pictures weren't an attempt at deceit by whatever power had been released.

"It takes a special kind of idiot to repurpose a warp-tainted cannibal cult into a branch of the creed..." he muttered to no one in particular, visualising some bloated cardinal with a ridiculous hat to blame for this whole mess. It gave him a target to vent his frustrations at.

He watched the wytch mending Chani with an expression of masked revulsion. Undeniably useful, but entirely unnatural. The thought that he might be subjected to that power made his stomach churn. He kept quiet and moved to carry Ambrose as best as he could.

(Jim will carry Ambrose, though he might need help.)

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Jak Snide wrote:
(Jim will carry Ambrose, though he might need help.)

You're carrying 6 kg (9 kg minus the shotgun you left behind) and have a Carry capacity of 36 kg and Lifting of 72 kg. Ambrose is a thin old man who weighs 55 kg, so you'll be carrying 61 kg. You can carry him, but you'll be Encumbered.

gsteelwraith

Unread postby gsteelwraith » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm

ooc>> Barring any statements otherwise, I will assume you are heading cautiously down into the catacombs in the direction Ambrose was leading you, yes? I need confirmation from the Prime on this.

OOC: You have confirmation from Leveticus. We will continue the recon. He will take a moment to snap off some pictures of the mural for later study. It would seem Jim is carrying Ambrose, as Leveticus planned to do it himself. I believe, though, Jim is physically stronger.

InquisitorChris

Unread postby InquisitorChris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

gsteelwraith wrote:
ooc>> Barring any statements otherwise, I will assume you are heading cautiously down into the catacombs in the direction Ambrose was leading you, yes? I need confirmation from the Prime on this.

OOC: You have confirmation from Leveticus. We will continue the recon. He will take a moment to snap off some pictures of the mural for later study. It would seem Jim is carrying Ambrose, as Leveticus planned to do it himself. I believe, though, Jim is physically stronger.

<<ooc>> Yes Jim is -- in fact Leveticus couldn't both carry Ambrose and all his gear. (checks again) since you're not carrying the crossbow maybe you could, but it would be close. <<ooc>>

<<ooc>> It's not just one mural -- the frescoes cover every inch of the walls down here. That was just a small sample of common motifs. You could spend days taking picts of them all.<<ooc>>

SNAP SNAP! Leveticus takes some pictures and you head off, Jim carrying Ambrose on his back (requiring him to put his maul on his belt or wherever it was). I assume Leveticus is in front since he has the glow lamp.

You move slowly down the gently downward-sloping corridor in the general direction of the artifacts. (Since you are no longer around Abstinence, Jim and Leveticus are not affected by the Fear effect any longer.) Passageways branch off from the corridor periodically at relatively frequent intervals -- it would be easy to get lost down here. In fact, you don't really know the way.

After a short while -- a minute or so -- you see something further down the tunnel ahead of you at the edge of the light cast by the glow lamp (i.e., 6 meters ahead of you). It's at the very edge of the glow lamp when you catch sight of it so you can't get a good look.

A human (or at least human-like) figure stands there motionless and silent, facing toward you, arms folded. You can't see much else unless you move closer.

Spoiler for Leveticus (beware the spoilers this time Leveticus!):

Spoiler:
That is, you can't see much else unless you make an Awareness roll, which you did, with a 07. You still can't see much, but you're pretty sure it's a young woman in some kind of robe or gown or dress, head uncovered, carrying something in her folded arms. She is looking straight at you, or past you.

Spoiler for Kara:

Spoiler:
That is, you can't see much else unless you make an Awareness roll, which you did with a 16. You still can't see much, but you're pretty sure it's a young woman in some kind of robe or gown or dress, head uncovered, carrying something in her folded arms. She is looking straight at you, or past you.

helvorn

Unread postby helvorn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Kara will whisper to the team; "It looks like a robed young woman holding something in her hands." She calls out; "Hello, we come in the name of the Emperor."

<ooc> she will try a psyinscience check </ooc>

PreviousNext

Return to Other RPs